>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>5etools
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/

>/5eg/ Discord server
discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

Previous thread: What adventures in the new book are you most excited to have updated to 5e?

>What adventures in the new book are you most excited to have updated to 5e?
Sunless Citadel. It was the first adventure I ever ran, I have a ton of nostalgia for it. Plus it's a nice little low-level dungeon crawl that could easily be used to lead into a ton of different campaigns.

So I was wondering if you can use your free "interact with object" action to kick or pick up a weapon disarmed by the Disarming Attack maneuver of Battle Master Fighters

Yeah

I'm concerned if they can do all of those dungeons justice in a single book.

Why is Dead in Thay in there? Should've removed that and saved the space for more content from the others.

Why do you lot think they're using FR as the setting again for the dungeons? None of those use FR as a backdrop except for Dead in Thay. They're all set in Greyhawk.

Only if you aren't already juggling knives or interacting with a bag of rats.

Are casters really overpowered or is it a meme? I've never played DnD before outside of Baldur's Gate but I'm playing my first session tomorrow night and I want to roll a Sorcerer.

Depends on the edition. In 5e they're not overpowered until you get to ridiculously high levels (which few people play to).

My DM refuses to allow me to create an anime/furry type character, what do?

Aspiring DM here. I'm working on my world, and thought it would be neat to make a few "starting options" for my players, to try and stamp out the "met in a tavern" trope. Standard things like "are traveling in a caravan to x," or they're all part of the local army, or just plop them in a city and see what they do. One of my ideas is starting them on a pirate ship as crew members. My biggest issue is, how do I keep it from getting fairly stale? Fat cargo ships with holds of spice and silk only go so far, what cool cargo ideas can I do? There's going to be pirate fights aplenty, and skirmishes with the local navy, but what if they shy away from that? I mean, they would have picked starting as pirates, be we all know players are dumb sometimes.

Some small background, the ship will be crewed entirely by Tabaxi, with a few Lizardmen thrown in. They'll be preying on mostly human Empire ships.

Also, what's a good name for a Tabaxi pirate ship?

>yes, you Commanded the ogre to "Drop", but he's swinging at you anyway because you weren't specific enough and he interpreted that as "Drop a sick beat", and beat boxing is a free action that doesn't preclude his using your head as a percussion track

This is fucking great.

Casters are stronger in general than martials but there's nothing "OP" in 5th ed

Play a Druid

They're certainly more versatile that non-casters.

Yes.

Same reason that Volo's Guide to Monsters is FR even though it barely touches upon FR fluff.
They want to sell on nostalgia value.

kys

Play Pathfinder instead. They like your kind in that shithole. Here, however, you are not welcome. Get out.

>>/pfg/

Kill self, next question.

Is wanting to play a centaur too deviant for /5eg/?
Nothing sexual. I just think it'd be rad to be a horse guy with a bow.

I don't see why all the hate, this is an anime image board after all

whatever

Oh okay. They were pretty strong in BG because you'd get to a point where you could spam Time Stop and unload all your debuff/offensive stuff on the opponent then do it all over again by Wishing for your spells back.

>Bow

Nah son

>anything but lasers
get on my level

Yeah high level magic in that game was fun as fuck
>greater malison + finger of death
mfw

Shipping monsters, smuggled goods, kidnapping important nobility or merchants, raiding towns, exploring for buried or hidden treasure. There's tons of pirate romance adventures to take from.

Baldur's Gate was 2e you mooseknuckle.

>Also, what's a good name for a Tabaxi pirate ship?

The Yarrrnball.

Why are they the same CR, when one is clearly superior to another?

Are you only looking at the attack actions?

Which is clearly the superior one?

AGAINST THE GIANTS!

TOMB OF HORRORS!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS...

>They're all set in Greyhawk

I don't think Tomb of Horrors originally had an absolute location, and nothing about the Tomb requires it to absolutely be set anywhere.

For that matter, I'm pretty sure all of them are general enough that they could be set anywhere. I mean, what about White Plume Mountain requires Greyhawk?

Priest has better spells prepared, 3rd level spells, better caster level AND an awesome ability.

It requires White Plume Mountain, which is in Greyhawk

I mean, what about the adventure actually connects it to the larger world of Greyhawk? Does Mordenkainen show up, or is he mentioned, for example? Does anything that happens in it affect the Flanaess?

If the only thing is the name, then it can easily be transported to and run anywhere.

Clearly the one with a Hold Person (DC 11)

>Tales from the Yawning Portal
Emphasis on "Yawning".

What are WotC playing at? 5e stuff is apparently selling really well, why are they both shitting out these lazy retreads *and* shitting them so slowly?

Because CR is meaningless anyway?

He does have a worse attack bonus. That could conceivably count for something.

>lazy retreads
?

What's wrong with updating popular adventures for the new system, user?

Incompetence. The same reason 5e sucks compared to the playtest version.

> Worse attack bonus
> When he's better off using his cantrip

The Cult Fanatic is better physically, and you'll never find just one. You'll be hard pressed to get in encounters with multiple Priests, and they'll never have the chance to use half those spell slots.

Is there a DM Guild Trove anywhere, just to try before I buy?

They should just hire some of the people making third party stuff to do... something vaguely original; they'd work for a pittance and it would easily bring in more than they cost.

Both.

Casters have a lot more versatility. Shit like Leomund's Tiny Hut, Grease, Sleep, Mage Armor give you a ton of options in and out of combat. Add rituals like Find Familiar, Identify, Floating Disk and Alarm and your caster can scout, pack mule, make camp, study strange items, etc.

Martials have more reliable damage. A fighter (particularly a champion) can fuck shit all day every day with multiattacks. A Monk can sprint across a lake and flying kick someone's head off, then turn around and do it again.

>they'd work for a pittance and it would easily bring in more than they cost.

That's what dm's guild is.

I was going to have some town raiding in there, but I didn't think of kidnapping.

The Yarrrnball might not be their ship, but it will definitely be out there now.

What's a good way of giving them some agency? The captain of the ship will be an NPC, so they won't be making the super important decisions at first, until I feel they're ready to take over and kill him, or they beat me to it. What's a good way to not make them feel powerless in where they go, etc?

The fanatic has a higher health pool, has hold person, better reaction speeds and better physical attack routine. And you'd likely never encounter just one fanatic.

Wizards are actually putting up good shit and listening to feedback.

Why are you here just to rehash that one line over and over again? You don't have to drown in your own shit.

For the (you)s.

Edition warring has groomed D&D fans to respond to all attacks against their preferred edition, so it's ripe ground for trolling.

I'll need to remember that for the next troll NPC I use.

I'm planning my party to have an encounter with four veterans, three cult fanatics, two priests and two werewolves. I hope it will be painful enough.

The 3pp made shit in comparison to 1pp wizards products, see Tiamat and the Dragon Queen adventures, Princes of the Apocalypse, and even Out of the Abyss.

The SCAG was also pretty terrible and it was made with Green Ronin, so it had no excuse.

SKT and CoS were fucking good and they were the only entirely inhouse publications. That should tell you something.

Out of the Abyss is actually pretty awesome. There is some good stuff in there like the hazards, chase mechanics, survival and random encounters. Gracklestugh has a lot of named NPC's with quests and motivations. There are about a dozen monstrous characters with descriptions and there are some places I like such as Araj, Gallery of Angels, and Khaem's tomb.

Tiamat, Scag and PotA are shit. OotA is top tier.

these location based adventures are easily transplanted elsewhere.

I distinctly remember ToH saying its in Greyhawk on top of a hill but they also said you could put in it a swamp or an island etc.

Gygax didn't really give a fuck where you put his dungeons

faster and easier than coming up with new stuff.

why let nerds do it on the internet for free when you could slap something together and have people pay for it?

Has anyone made a buff/fix for Sorcerers? I feel they are kind of lack luster.

Pirate ships were sometimes democracies where the captain was more of an organizer than a king. Even if they have a captain, they can have equal say on lots of issues.

What good content?

That was pretty much my experience from my level 13 campaign. I had a Warlock full of utility spells, because I was thinking that Eldritch Blast would have me dealing a ton of damage so I didn't need any other blasty options. I was right, but oh god did the Fighter kick more arse than me and every other party member. I frequently had the option of using my action to either attack by myself or use magic to defend the Fighter from magical incapacitation (Protection from Evil and Good is a wonderful spell), and I never felt like I was being especially generous when I picked helping the Fighter; it's just good sense to keep him up and kicking all the arse.

He was a Battle Master. I'm sure Champions are fine too, but give an intelligent player their choice of Battle Master manoeuvres and they'll pick the right moments to use them to maximum effect. Plus I'm sure it's more fun to play one. I know I'd prefer one to a Champion.

Use Spell Points (DMG) instead of Spell Slots and add the metamagic points to that pool, and let the sorc use those points for either spells or metamagic.

If you want even more power, I heard someone make a cool suggestion to let sorcs use metamagic on other player's spells as well

Here's your high five.
In the face, with a chair.

Seriously. Outside of volos, is there anything?

>furry
>Veeky Forums is an anime image board
Lets ignore the furry part for now. You can create a character based off of some anime character and be fine. However, the fact that you could not explain your character in a way that the DM would approve of means that you are instantly cancerous in nature, likely one note edgelord or moe-shit rather than an actual character with depth.
Requesting to play any character that you would out and out describe as furry instantly means your a furfag. This entails that you cannot keep it in your fucking pants, in private but must instead shove your stupid bullshit everywhere.
And your dismissive attitude marks you as full faggot. Get a tripcode so we can filter you.
Fuck I hate taking the bait so hard.

Theorically any adventure can be moved to almost any setting. The Paizo Dungeon Adventure series were originally set in Greyhawk, but are generic enough (in fact IIRC in Age of Worms they changed the names for Tenser and other important Greyhawk NPCs). I really hope Wizards respect the original modules and dont set up all of them in FR.

OotA, CoS, SKT, Volo's, the UAs.
There's no hand holding of retards.

OotA, CoS, and SKT all offer no character options. The uas offer terrible character options, poorly thought out and almost all unsuited for play.

Everything is disappointing when you compare it to a wizard. Sorcerers don't need a fix to be functional.

They do need good features after level 17, but most of Veeky Forums will never play that far.

>What adventures in the new book are you most excited to have updated to 5e?

I want to have input, but I don't play premade campaigns. ForeverDM. Just want to create shit.

You are wrong

>I heard someone make a cool suggestion to let sorcs use metamagic on other player's spells as well
Fug, that might have been me actually.

I'm really tempted to try and unfuck Sorcs with a homebrew version, but not overdoing it is tricky. I think you could get places just by tweaking metamagic options... the problem is always finding the autism to think through the bajillion combinations of spells + metamagics.

What's wrong with PotA? I remember people saying it was good when it came out. Was that just in comparison to ToD?

>Fuck I hate taking the bait so hard.
then why do it?
you KNOW it's bait, so why take it?
who cares if you don't argue with one idiot posting idiot things on the internet?

I am not. Your subjective opinions are incorrect, not my objective ones.

>Tabaxi pirate ship?
The Catsaway.

My party (as of last session I played) was

>Goliath Paladin
>Genasi rogue (ranged)
>elf monk (elements)
>Human warlock (GOO tome) (me)

The rogue's got MASSIVE ranged damage from sneak attacks.
The paladin's a tank, but also can kick in doors and carry the other PCs out of trouble.
The Monk's generally versatile, good mobility and multi attacks.
The warlock has good persuasion and knowledge checks, and the occasional nova of AOE damage or disables.

Balance them around the shotgun/sledgehammer.
Wizards are sheer number of spells
Warlocks are cantrips and at will/per day invocations
Sorcerers should be sheer firepower
I can't not take it man. I have to respect near every post as legitimate (not all, there are somethings even I won't bite on) because some posters actually believe the bullshit they spew while others are just honestly ignorant.

CoS literally has a Character Options appendix, OotA has an appendix for modifying backgrounds, so can't tell if you can't read, are trolling or legitimately a barely functioning retard.

The UAs have good content in them, the revised ranger being among them, but need playtesting. The implications that they exist and are in their playtests cycles are better, it means we are potentially getting more content.

Stop being a retard fucker.

wrong, the DM is just anti anime and furry being full of hate I don't see what the big deal is

Just ignore bait, man.
You'll live longer and happier.

>The uas offer terrible character options
I haven't seen this much wrong in a while.
How's basic ranger treating ya?

You sound too retarded to be trolling. Why do you need to spew shit on the keyboard and then repeatedly smash your face into it hoping to form a coherent post.

But this is his campaign, not yours. What if there are no anime characters in his universe?

This isn't your campaign. Find an anime campaign if you want to be a weeb.

At least change your bait.

Oh boy, backgrounds, something you're already supposed to work out with your dm and tweak on your own. No class options though.

The uas have some good content in them. But as I said, almost all are suited for play. And nice argument about playtest cycles. How fast are those going? Hmm. In the two or three years since release, how many class options have made it through UA to an actual supplement? 2? I think.

Maybe the UA ranger will be made official before the heat death of the universe, but it's a long shot.

Good, see above.

It's pretty objective that skykings thunder, oota, and cos offer nothing but adventure paths, which aren't really useful to me.

So I was thinking of having a reoccuring event in my campaign where something happens and a portal opens to the future and a voice from above offers the players the option to go into the future and survive this event.

Basically one event would be like a large scale mass extinction event where meteors strike the planet. And right before they do a portal opens and a heavenly voice beckons them forward because they are the chosen heroes (actually an evil thing trying to stop these heroes from messing with its plans during these times of extreme conflict).

I am worried players would dislike this, but I think it would be awesome to encounter descendants of NPCs or even their Ghosts in the future or like...Oh yea you know that city you did a bunch of quests in? Well its like...Atlantis to the current civilization.

Then have secret stuff that constantly sticks around like a specific order of monks that never dies out or stories of the players accumulating over the different eras and that having some kind of event based on that, like the Thieves guilds in the future are named after the Rogue player, but no one knows who he is when he's in town.

How does that sound? Am i taking agency away from the players? I would feel bad if a player made a whole backstory with a family and shit and I basically nuked the planet and let the players survive.

Thoughts?

God damn you're either really dumb or baiting

I want to give a scream-attack ability to a Flesh Golem to make them a little scarier.

What are some monsters with fitting scream-attack abilities that I could crib?

You said they didn't offer character options at all, you are wrong.

Don't go backpedaling on your wrong and retarded assertion. Just stop being wrong and stop changing your argument.

>The uas have some good content in them.
This different to what you originally said.

>But as I said, almost all are suited for play.
What's in that retard brain of yours? Is it functioning at all?

The implications are there that we would potentially get them. This is good news.

>It's pretty objective that skykings thunder, oota, and cos offer nothing but adventure paths, which aren't really useful to me.
There's your blanket statement again which has been proven to be false. You are wrong.
No one cares if it's useful to you or not.

Banshee.

If I were a player I would really enjoy seeing descendants of NPCs, and old cities I knew turned to rubble.

But I would prefer if you set it up in such a way that PCs attempt to prevent the nuke. Perhaps even causing it to go off. It causes a rip in space time, characters are hurled through it, and now they deal with the aftermath. Perhaps even finding they are legendary heroes to the current resistance to whatever the threat is, and when they arrive in present day (future), people flip the fuck out. To some they are the second coming of Jesus, others don't believe it's really them, accusing them of being imposters, etc.

That would be interesting to me. As far as player backgrounds go, you can still find ways to include them. Perhaps their family descendants are part of the resistance, or perhaps they are part of the new oppressive regime. Have fun with that shit.

>how many class options have made it through UA to an actual supplement?

Why would this ever be the case? The pdf's are free to download on Wizards' site. How would it be for anyone's benefit to reprint them in a physical book?

And to clarify, the reason I say I would prefer it this way, is that tricking your players to step through a portal for their own safety can backfire numerous ways.

1. They refuse
2. They accept it at face value

If number 2, then as a player I'd be kind of annoyed that there was this big "twist" but I had no hint or clues as to what I was doing. It would feel like kind of a lazy twist.

It isn't backpedaling. You made the faulty assumption that I cared about backgrounds when that's better solved freeform.

And lmao, you skipped addressing the release schedule.

5efags are the worst.

might as well ask why they ever printed anything, including the phb.

So they aren't considered beta material anymore. I'd settle for an official release in PDF on dmsguild

The "drop to 0" might be a bit too brutal. We'll see - odds are good the scream will be the first thing that hits the players, so downing one instantly and having them sit out the fight might make it suck for them.

Will think on it.

You made the retarded statement that those books all offer no character options. CoS proved you wrong with its titled appendix and OotA has its shit.

This is backpedaling and you're trying to distance yourself from your idiocy.

The playtest seem to be going steadily, with the sceduled maintained.

Lmao you skipped over the fact you're flipping back and forth between waffling shit streaks. You can't even make up your own damn mind.