MTG: Aether Revolt spoilers thread

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

magic.wizards.com/en/products/aether-revolt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Green's seems, really bad.

White's worse despite vigilance. Doesn't change the fact that red is nuts while black and blue are ok.

Eh it's a hill giant with an upside, it'll be fine for limited. They all will.

gotta go with you on that one, red's is insane

seems pretty good. Definitely a good choice in Commander. Use your rocks and shit to play it on the cheap, then slowly grind out their hand as well as have some spot removal on the side in a pinch. I have a mono-Black deck that could have fun with this, but I'm not running nearly enough artifacts in it to take full advantage of its capabilities. I just like the gradual discard effect.

>black is a human instead of an aetherborn
How can they mess it up so badly?

Reposting for posterity.

my thoughts exactly

there really needs to be more Aetherborne, I really like their aesthetic.

I hope they make an Aetherborn lord. Probably not in AER though, maybe in a later Commander set.

Here is the token for her.

I know this is good value, but I can't think of anything good in constructed that it fits in since her ability nonbos with vehicles

We might see a betrayal effect get played for realsies

I'm going to be needing a foil of this card.

Wait if that's the red legend then who the fuck is this?

Saheeli?

Advika Taar
See: magic.wizards.com/en/products/aether-revolt

so it's like a mini-Geist that's a lot worse?

THIS IS THE BEST SET PRINTED IN TEN FUCKING YEARS

TWO BOOSTER BOXES ORDERED. WELL PLAYED WOTC

lmao

I wouldn't say it's a LOT worse, just moderately worse. She dodges Shock (which is huge) she hits for 3 (total) and the token does it's a free revolt trigger.

She's worse than Giest but definitely not bad.

Is there a reason the green one gets fucked?

Bout time. Red usually gets the shout end of these cycles.

Because everyone else has had it worse for the past 5 sets, I think they can handle one bad common in a cycle.

When you think about a cards max potential, this one looks so fucking promising. This in theory could be "ramped" out turn 3-4 and completely fuck the game.

Literally comes packaged with a decently priced removal AND puts your opponents hand on a timer.

Cherry on top is the whole 5/5 flying.

So you weren't around for Zealous Conscripts then?

I would have been willing to pay a little more mana if it were to auto-crew if you take a vehicle, or grab creatures and artifacts, or even cast a 3 cost card so that you could potentially cast it and a regular act of treason.

>1 power
>first strike/menace
I don't like this meme.

If you throw it into a U/B Metalwork Colossus deck all your dinky little Prophetic Prisms and Puzzle knots become double the ramp spells

Nope, dropped Magic between Coldsnap and Journey I will never forgive myself for missing Time Spiral

You're making me hard user. Just a shame everything else is so fucking fast and powerful right now that it really wouldn't stand a chance.

so gonti is sparking my johnny autism to make a time walk deck work. my first hurdle is finding mana to play something worthwhile on the same turn as the heart. is foundry inspector the best there is at cheating it in?

Seriously, it could at least have reach.

>red is shit

Wew lad, at least shock got a reprint

>dodges shock
Geist dodges all removal friend, you have it right with revolt trigger but she is just plain bad

How do the Implements compare to the Puzzleknots?

Well, if we're comparing Modern cards with Standard cards, sure.

But since Geist won't be in Standard, it doesn't matter much, does it? :^)

Well it's a really fucking good revolt enabler

Except you're thinking of Kari in the wrong terms. You should really only look at new cards as they relate to Limited and Standard (in that order.)

She's a solid limited pick, probably third or fourth pick.

In Standard, she's not bad. Might see play if Red is good enough to break through standard as a whole.

Did I touch a nerve? Go ahead and defend your little format where you spend $300 to play 1 of 3 decks only to have it all a year later worth $15.

I don't play standard but I'm sure she will fit in all of the aggro decks all top 8 of them

They are basically spellbombs where the draw is free.

I don't even play standard. I just think it's retarded to compare two cards that aren't meant to do the same things and play in the same format.

>probably third or fourth pick
>to an extremly good 2 drop
This is first pick material to start an aggressive deck m8. 3 damage attacker with evasion and a relevant combat ability is no joke. The free revolt is just icing on the cake.

But they are playable in modern, legacy, vintage, commander, singleton, freeform, and cube :^)

I was low- balling the pick. I don't really draft much, mostly because I'm terrible at it, but you're probably right.

Any tips on drafting better? I understand the concepts (BREAD, high- ish creature count, deck building) but I can never do better than 2- 2.

Herald of kozilek works too.

REMOVAL
E
M
O
V
A
L

What's the fastest way to shit out artifacts to abuse Improvise?

handful of bone saws

BURN THE COAL, PAY THE TOLL

step 1 is learning how to draft
step 2 is learning the set/block meta

>abuse Improvise
Pretty sure that's not the point man.

You play some artifacts and you just make some Improvise cards good enough for your deck. Building a deck around Improvise means you're just going to fucking die just like building around every other mechanic.

The Sidisi/Sultai decks of the last rotation didn't build around to abuse Delve - the self-mill just happened naturally to get the Delve to work.

>this card is bad in this format
>but it's alright when you think about this format
>WHAT'S WRONG BABBY DID I STRIKE A NERVE?

Clearly they were the one who struck your nerve, user

Meh, not amazing.
That is some cute artwork though. Sultry smug is always a good combo.

being a red mage is suffering

>I'll prove him wrong by exaggerating what he said

You might as well delete all your previous posts

>But since Geist won't be in Standard, it doesn't matter much, does it? :^)

Not until we find a Hexproof/Indestructible creature in Standard to slap on that Invocation of Saint Traft aura.

>everyone who disagrees with me is the same person

How embarrassing.

Investigate?

>The monkey hits harder

Got em

Servo tokens and clues.

Dude, monkeys are no joke, they will tear your genitals before you know

We'll see what you think about that when you get your fingers ripped off one by one and your ass eaten raw by a chimpanzee.

Thats why the monkey should have Menace.

See that's just Deathtouch.

getting your face ripped off is pretty damaging

It's not deathtouch, 'cause the fucker won't kill you.

Might want the red ones for that Rg energy deck I never finished.

The rabies and/or other unknown diseases it has might.

we're still getting shit for Lightning Bolt.
and Stone Rain

Anything else in the spoilers you want to include?

#1 card I've seen thus far in terms of limited bombs. Holy shit I want to open this in every sealed pool / draft.

Rhino was the best of the common energy cycle creatures in Kaladesh, so it balances out. Sadly whites is even worse, as a 2/3 isn't going to do shit swinging on turn 5. Could have been 3 mana desu

First strike + menace is such a deadly combination of abilities in limited. You take on so much fucking risk when you are tapped out, most people are just going to let her through for multiple turns if you drop this on turn 2.

Shock. The deck is built closer to red deck wins than anything, I gave up on it because lack or components to make it work and because I do not like pummeler at fucking all. Lathnu hellion or bust.

She is amazing in an aggro limited deck. Definitely would first pick her and plan to be aggressive. No one is blocking her for the first 5 turns if they are tapped out, for fear of built to smash blow outs. She's going to consistently trigger revolt *for free* every turn she swings, which is going to be extremely premium in limited and will generate insane tempo.

hey Giuseppe, go for the face!

Other than Stoneforge Masterwork and Captain's Claws are there even any good equipments in this set?

And by set I really mean entirety of Standard.

>Stoneforge Masterwork and Captain's Claws

but user, those are really shitty equipments

What the fuck is a Renegade Map?

RENEGADE MAP

FOR WHEN CARTOGRAPHY CANNOT BE TRUSTED OR CONTAINED AND LIVES ON THE OUTSKIRTS OF DANGER.

If those are the best equipment in Standard, then I got bad news for you man. If it wasn't for the Living Weapons and the Swords, the last playable equipment was like Behemoth Sledge, and before that it was like Bonesplitter.

I'm sure there are others, I don't care, people don't have to post them. I'm tired of the one-upmanship that pervades this game.

Thought he was a shota and we'd finally get our young hero representation, but no, it's just one more bitch.

I know they're not the greatest compared to past equipment but they're the best ones in the format and the most playable. Considering this weird odd push for card drawing off equipment and equipped dudes right now i'm trying to see if there's potential.

Its 3/3
Should have been 3/2 reach though the fuck were they thinking.

Everyone's talking about how it's going to be good in Limited and I'm just here like "Yeah no shit it'll be good in Limited it's a fucking Rare"

It would have to be incredibly awful or niche to be a bad Rare for Limited

same question the 4 other colors have been asking since theros

Don't want to fork out $28 USD each for Glimmervoids in Modern? Worry not friend for you now have Spire of Industry!

It still hurts.
At least we got that Piledriver reprint

Mechanized Production actually seems viable. Even if you don't get the instawin condition out of it, continually cloning a Gearhulk or clue token seems kind of absurd to winning out control mirrors.

Seems like there's a chance this could go higher since it isn't useless by itself and fills the niche in a few more decks than affinity.

I don't think it will go higher but then again Karplusan Forest jumped up too because people didn't enjoy paying $100 for Grove for the Burnwillows. Either way it is a good budget Glimmervoid replacement for Affinity in Modern right now.

>Not using this shit for living end

This card is solid.

One thing to note. All the cards that let you cast cards under a certain cmc without paying their mana costs are going to be used to abuse some split cards in Modern. We're already starting to see it with Beck/Call and Brain in the Jar.

Piledriver was really just printed to put it into Modern cardpool.