40k General /40kg/

Veeky Forums is a gw conspiracy edition

Fast attack riptides sub-edition

previous thread >Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>As current as the FAQs get
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (MAKE SURE TO TIP CLOWNS 10%):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

FIRST FOR DA GREEN TIDE

ORKS IZ DA STRONKAS

FITIN

AND

WINNIN

Hoping for some Guard love this update.

4th for we all need to buy more knights

We nearly ded

Tau are fine.

can you put fish in a meatgrinder?

Your point being?

I wrote a Genestealer Cult list for shits and giggles, curious to see if "enough mech" can give it a critical mass that sidesteps the whole issue of mech being usually weak.

This list has absolutely no Characters, so the Brood Brother Leman Russ is my Warlord. Whee.

The Chimeras Infiltrate and are makeshift Mining Laser bunkers. Other than the Warlord Russ and Rockgrinders, most everything else can Outflank or Infiltrate. The Goliaths get Tank Hunter on their TL Autocannons because why not?

10th for more things need amphibious

Nth for Crusaders with in Crusaders in Crusader detatchments.

>start browsing TG, see some warhammer generals so decide to check it out
>get into it again decide to buy a army
>300$ later into a Deldar Force and starting a new Night Lords force

totally a GW conspiracy

how many water hazards do you have on your table? actually that might make for an intersting table

Rate please.

What can a person using Opera use to open epubs?

I did the best I could, this list fills in the gaps u had, at least I think so, the xv8 suits can be equipped how ever u want.
You could try voluntary euthanasia

It's like crack man.

Needs moar Heavy Weapon Squads.

Reposted from the previous thread, didn't get any C&C.

The Mutilators are makeshift "Lone Wolf" wannabes; they're an even bigger distraction Carnifex than before now that they get Feel No Pain and free Veterans of the Long War (Camp an objective and dare that Gladius player to bring a Razorback nearby).

The Heralds act like Land Speeders/WC Batteries and roll on Lore of Change, fishing for Boon of Flame (to summon Burning Chariots) or Prismatic Ray (for the D).

The Sorcerers are Fearless so each one hides in a Cultist blob. They take Summon & Shriek, and the third power is a wildcard.
Curse of the Leper is ideal because it lets a Mutilator pretend to be a budget Carnifex for a turn, but most Nurgle powers are pretty useful.

It's a surprising amount of dakka for a Chaos build. I have enough WC to put 3 dice on each Herald for Flickerfire, and 2 on each Sorcerer for Shriek.

To Dreadclaw or not to Dreadclaw for my Nightlords Warband?

I have a few Pods that I want to convert, but everyone always shits on them. A flying ObSec pod with vector strikes that lets me assault T2 doesn't sound that bad. However, I kinda want to fill it with assault chosen, which is probably a terrible idea.

Azardi or Kobo

Are wyrdvane psykers any good? Seems like 10 of them in a chimera with a commisar or primaris could do some serious damage before they got ruined.

is there a way to use mayhem pack (3 helbrutes that deep strike) with the traitor legions? if i get it right i cant?

Hope they get their Crusader seals back.

Indeed.

Assault chosen are just overpriced

Compare warp talons in a raptor talon to buying lightning claws for a chosen dude

That and the special weapons are such good value, 5 Melta for 50 points and still keep the ccw and bolt pistol? Add a power fist combi Melta champion, a power fist combi Melta lord and force staff Combi Melta sorcerer. Put them in a pod and wipe something out good and proper.

Only really notable in Psykana.

Fair, I suppose. They're a tad pricey. Also, it's only 4 specials, but still. I think I'll do that, though.

For the Lord, I'm going to give him the Claws of the Black Hunt for the +1S and rending lightning claws.

think its worth dropping stims to run dawnblade? dawnblade seems pretty insane. i might do flamers on the crisis suits since it would be funny considering all the yvahras plasmaflamers

For the Emperor 𝔞nd Sigismund!

You named your tanks! How cute! Do the names mean anything?

Never tried putting special weapons on bs3 before. So long as you got the command squad issuing bring it down you should be fine.

NO PITY! NO REMORSE! NO FEAR!

The Devil Dogs are named for african nature spirits, Chikere means God Created, Chima means God Knows.

Kayin is Celebrated Child and Monifa means I am Lucky.

Not that user but my three Exorcist tanks are named "Forgiveness", "Mercy", and "Compassion".

Nth for Canticles of the Archmagos =/= Canticles of the Omnissiah. Friendly vehicles might be affected by CotA BECAUSE Cawl also confers CotO to friendlies within 12", we have no way of knowing until Cawl's actual rules leak.

Feels pretty bad taking casual tau in a pickup game against a guy who it quickly emerges doesn't really know how to play the game properly.

Taking a list that's in theory toned down enough to be beatable by mid tier armies, then having a one sided slaughter anyhow because of some basic tactical mistakes in turn 1 and 2 that make things basically unrecoverable.

If it makes you feel better I've had that while playing Sisters. Feels like I'm kicking a puppy.

How much money and effort would it take to convert up some good looking space skavens?

And hell, if I did, what should I run them as?

Do you have broadsides, since I'd recommend taking a retaliation cadre and then working from there with a CAD. Also a Dawn Blade required an auxiliary formation, do you have any? otherwise I'd just run a retaliation cadre with CAD and if points allow it, a drone net as well.

Run them as Guard, Orks or Renegades and Heretics.

What basic mistakes did he make?

Fucking leak already it is almost pre order time.

I do not wish another IA

Side note anyone else got banned for out of topic and ban evading? Was going to post from my phone and got the warning. I knew people sperg about phone but really random bans?

Renegades and heretics mutant swarm
Nurgle devoted

Stop shitposting and you won't get banned, user

mantic veermyn
have a look

Guard, ork, GSC, Adeptus Mechanicus Super friends.

Hey round bases and mostly dudes with random guns should be enough.

thicc

I haven't post till now in days. And the ban was from yesterday. Utterly confuse.

A ban for shitposting I can understand.

>𝔞
man i dunnoooo

If your "casual tau" was actually three Riptides and a Stormsurge, I'd have a hearty laugh.

But seriously, what were the lists like and what was he playing? Was his army not that good or was it literally just the tactical blunders?

It doesn't look thicc there. Might be a case of shitty pictures and photoshop? I'll have to see the model my self.

:/

wish they didn't paint those scions Templar colors, I thought that was a new unit

Night Lords or Dark Ekdar, TG? Which should I put my focus on?

I have a bit of both, too. I can't decide which to focus on first.

They didn't even use the Iotan Gorgonnes color scheme (The ones who work with the SoB). Dissapointing.

i could pick up broadsides. im still building the taus 2bh ive just got 2 riptides +surge+ start collecting box atm. but i want to get 2 yvahras since they look cool.

i was thinking of doing heavy retribution cadre instead of the yvahras, but i think its a lot less flexible in list building and shit.

this list looks hilarious

Unloaded three quarters of his army into my Ghostkeel and killed one drone, would be the opening one. In theory he coulda backfooted me onto almost nil markers and cleared half my stealth suits. (No, I'm not running the OSC formation, it's a stealth themed CAD. No tides, broadsides ect.)

The rest was mostly just absolutely terrible maneuvering. He had enough assault units going that he could have pressured me hard with good maneuvering, and enough fire support to be able to pick stuff off to attrition my options in the meantime.

Stick with Dark Eldar. Don't take the Power Armor drugs, bro.

I'm kind of hoping all those Black Templar Models means there's at least an upgrade sprue coming out. I doubt the studio spent ages sculpting them with greenstuff just for those pictures.

Is there any improvements to be made on this?

>Building my imperial guard turned "imperial" army
>Army grows like a cancer with loads of allied detachments and half-armies
>First game in ages this saturday
Help, pick three from this list;
Imperial Guard
Inquisition
Assassins
Blood Angels
Grey knights

Playing IG, what should I build against Ravenwing?

Looks like it's the upgrade kit plus new Marine models. Looks good but is nothing new unless they rebox.

Correction, the techmarine doesn't exist in that list anymore.

Not that user either but my Kastelan Robots are named Lefty and Righty, with each one having its eponymous hand as a gun and the other as a power fist.

And sometimes I call them 1 and 0

imperial guard, imperial guard, inquisition.

>If your "casual tau" was actually three Riptides and a Stormsurge, I'd have a hearty laugh

Massed stealth suits, marker commander, some suicide fusion suits for troop tax. Remoras.

Basically, like 80% burst cannons.

Other guy was playing a pretty generic fluffy ultramarine list. A bit too character heavy, had Calgar for no mechanically sound reason.

Writerfag here, figured I'd give you guys a taste of what I'm working on. Please be nice, this is my first time.
"Battle-Brother Brother Battlius was battling his way through the Battle of Fraternia, his Battle-Brothers battling bravely by his side as the battle raged on under the dark and battered sky. Their vile foes, the vilest foes that ever were vile (and foes) were the Orchs of Orchustan, lead by the ever-feared War-king Orchiman Waaghface. Xenos blood spattered his helmet as he drove his chainrapier into the face of another unfortunate-looking Orch. Suddenly and all of a sudden, one of the foul greenskins snuck up behind the brave battle-brother and bludgeoned him with a blow from an iron-wrapped branch of wood. As Brother Battlius fell, the would-be chartreuse assailant was sundered by heavy weaponry. In the distance, the heavy bolts of a Heavy Bolter© could be heard bolting down huge swaths of the dirty Orchs, who were putting up quite the battle. It was the Space Marine Devastators©!
They had hunkered down in a bunker nearby, a group of bunkered hunks that were busy gunning down any disgusting Orch that dared show its besnouted face. Thick, dark ichor ran down the steps of the bunker where the Devastators© were hunkered down, blood from the unhygienic Orchs pooling under the TheraPlasteeAdamantiStonyHardium boots of the battle-brothers that had saved Brother Battlius from a certain death at the hands of the repugnant Orch and his crude club weapon. "Brothers!" He hailed them with four raised fingers, held skyward towards the sky in a V-shape as was the Space Marine© custom. His battle-brothers returned his greeting, and continued mowing down the frail and desperate muck that were the uncivilized Orchs. A faint chime was heard, the very Master of the Chapter was inclined to communicate with him!
"Brother Battlius, you have done well in service of our God-Prime Minister. You will be honoured for your acts of valour."
Thoughts?

Even if my Deldar would be this?

AdMech b/c of the jezails and wacky containers of goop and gas masks.

Would probably take a good amount of money though, like anything in this hobby

So Abaddon is not gonna get a new mini

wtf

Imperial guard or Inquisition warlord?

I'm working on talking a friend into splitting a Dark Vengeance with me for pretty much the same reason.

Related, how well would the CSM in that set work as Alpha Legion, or Death Guard? Maybe Emperor's Children?
I feel DG would need different models to get full benefits and you'd want noise marines for Emperor's Children, but I think Alpha would be ok. Even a bonus to your cultists.

It's 5 specials

4 are special ccw or gun
1 is special or heavy weapon

Naming models is part of the charm I think.

Imp
Inq
Ass
Who even needs marines

>inquisition
>not being in command

You're going to suffer with that.

Work some blasterborn with venoms in there.

Wyches are one of the worst units of the entire seventh edition. I love the models but damn they suck in the game.

Drop a couple Reavers in favor of warriors in Raiders and it'll look beautiful.

Definitely. It adds a ton to the game and the hobby if you can make a good/fun/interesting narrative

I've re-worked some stuff and trimmed some of the stuff I think wasn't helping much.

Drop all the banners and the med packs. The banners look amazing, but they aren't worth the points. Personally I would use the model with the banner, but use him as a normal veteran. Just tell your opponents that you don't actually have the banner purchased, that it's an aesthetic choice.

Melta Guns are tough to use in Infantry Squads because they are slow, BS3 and the Meltas are shot ranged.

Split up the Psyker squad into 2 so each squad can cast a power.

I dropped some other things and gave the Company Command Kurov's Aquila, which gives a 6 inch bubble of Preferred Enemy. Re-rolling 1s for wounding and hitting is pretty great.

I attached Priests to each blob squad to make them Fearless. Primaris Psyker is attached to both blobs too. I'd recommend selecting from Divination twice, that way you can get Prescience as well as whatever other 2 you roll. Hopefully you roll whatever number it is that gives you and the squad a 4+ Invulnerable save.

Each Platoon has a dedicated role. One is anti-heavy tanks/monstrous creatures and the other is anti-light vehicles.

This all leaves you with 35 points left to do whatever. However, if I got the whole feel wrong of the army and you wanted them to a mobile, 80 men running forward to smash into the enemy, then replace all the heavy weapons I chose with special weapons. Whatever you end up doing, I'd highly recommend getting Commissars or Priests for the Infantry blobs at the minimum.

>Make up a backstory and theme for my army in my head
>Come with with a few names and nick names for them
>think up personalities and relationships for them
>Drop spaghetti when someone asks me about them
Because it's embarrassing and I'm weird to go in to this much detail, right?

He is for next book.

If that's what you got, it's a good start.
You do have to consider one thing though.
Are you going to do tournament play only, or are u hoping for casual games as well. Since with the units you have, most people won't play against you since running so many creatures generally turns people off, since their so hard to deal with. Also if you're still wondering what to buy exactly, there are several options you can choose from to expand your list:
1. another riptide: riptide wing is an overpowered bullshit formation, but it is still good.
2. Pick up a broadside and a commander and take a retaliation cadre, great bomb for striking at the rear of an opponent
3. Pick up some foregworld air units, the dx6 remora drones and the barracuda ax-5-2 are some of the best flyers in 40k. Also be on the look out for the foregworld update to the tigershark series, a series of superheavy flyers whose job is to rape vehicles and titans with flying D weapons
4. Pick up 2 xv109, this is an interesting choice of battlesuit to pick up. i'd suggest getting one first to see how it feels in combat and whether it works with the rest of your list
5. Optimised stealth cadre, this is the other cheese formation that tau have. 1 ghostkeel plus 2 stealth teams with bullshit rules. these being that they hit rear AV, get +1 to bs and ignore cover, a rule that can be used every shooting phase.
6. Targeted reconnaissance cadre, the new battleforce for tau, gives a great formation that peaks at about 750 points when equipped well
7. Rapid insertion force, pick up a stealth team and run it in a formation that puts everything except the stealth team on the table, then deepstrikes the rest turn one and doesn't scatter if it's within 6 inches of the stealth team.

>some suicide fusion suits for troop tax.

Why didn't you just take Kroot then?

Yea but who cares.

You play with little plastic army men. It's too late to start worrying about embarrassing

The IA book didn't replace the Inquisition codex, right?

if someone thinks making up a backstory for your plastic men that you spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars on is stupid

they can suck it. its part of the game.

Come again mother fucker?

You sure Repentias don't hold that place? At least DE can have a transport to actually get them in melee and assault from said transport.

Ogryn are probably the worst because they are so expensive.

At higher points, yes. Probably.

I know, but I want to do a Wych Cult. I am thinking about getting an old Shatterstorm

The problem is that 5 units of Reavers is its the only way to avoid retarded unit pricing. 16ppm for a unit based on 3s is retarded.

Plus you can turn batrep into short stories if you're into that sort of silliness.

its a formation
if youve got points left just add it to your force

>The problem is that 5 units of Reavers is its the only way to avoid retarded unit pricing. 16ppm for a unit based on 3s is retarded.

This is not a valid reason to go overboard on reavers. The 1 to 4 points you gain by going for nice looking numbers are not worth compromising your entire formation.

i thought you only could take the things listed in the traitor legion codex? or are they just the ones that count for core/aux choices and what not?

sorry im a bit new to 7ed. still in 4th in my mind.

Kinda low tech for my stealth and ambush Mont'ka themed list.

My commander is a touch eccentric strategy wise in that she favours stealth tech, but isn't much of a "patient hunter". More... Strike and fade, crack down hard on vulnerable and strategically important things using the cloaking technology more to sharpen the degree of confusion and shock than to say, spend three weeks prepping one perfect ambush.

Shit abilities, too.