/kdmg/kdg/ - Kingdom Death Monster General

Jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain edition.

Old: →

Kingdom Death Monster is a live streamed performance art orgy comprising Skinny Guy Fieri, Unkempt Nick Frost, and Balder Simon Pegg.

>FAQ
If you have any questions, check the "Campaign" page of the kickstarter, and read through the updates. This is Veeky Forums, don't expect the assholes who post here to help you with questions they have answered 50 times before.

>Kickstarter Page:
kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/description
>Adams comments:
kickstarter.com/profile/poots/comments
>Pledge and addon overview: vibrantlantern.com/KDM15/#pledgelevels
>Pledge Comparator & Shipping Calculator:
stdobby.github.io/kingdomdeath/
>Miniature Count with bonus statistics:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11ujOUYfjTFp3jOx7T4f3wl-KmxBh0hST0Spa2Q3fy2k/edit#gid=0

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K00irUwXEeQoZJauiScXDj1D8U5rJta3pPXSemUrbIE/edit#gid=0
kingdomdeath.com/downloads/kdm-artbook-web-high.zip
kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/comments?cursor=15583301#comment-15583300
kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/comments?cursor=15590203#comment-15590202
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

OFFICIAL Pledge Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K00irUwXEeQoZJauiScXDj1D8U5rJta3pPXSemUrbIE/edit#gid=0

Mostly that last panel, I think.

Got a link, because I, for the life of me, can't find shit.

Anyone have the money-grubbing gear and game rules for the not-pinups that poots released and didn't send out retroactively or even fucking allow us to buy them apart?

Huh, they took it off the download page. Had to go to the old KS updates to find it. Sorry to send you on a runaround, I swear it was there at one point.
kingdomdeath.com/downloads/kdm-artbook-web-high.zip

It's ok.

Welp, time to fa-... "appreciate some fine art."

Oh, you need some of that? We can help there, sure.

I really don't like this one, there's too many dicks on these monsters Ploob, too many!

> Ciro
>The art for the honeycomb is actually quite good, we all know what's going on there, but it's not that graphic. The sketch on the other hand goes too far and turns a cool creature into "boobs and dick lol"

> Kingdom Death
>@Ciro, I agree. Hence why its not final.
kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/comments?cursor=15583301#comment-15583300

It's being changed. Unfortunately.

>unfortunately

/d/ please.

I really think you're being a faggot about this

vaginas and boobs literally everywhere are fine, but OH NO an overt dick and suddenly it's toofar...

If anything, by making it MORE anatomically correct, they're moving away from childish practices.

I'm appalled for you.

It's all the unopened boxes.

I wish it was a tongue

It's not even that user, it just seems like they're adding the dick for the sake of shock value now.
I don't really care about the older homeycomb weaver, in fact I think it's a relatively clever way of making the fucking monster's spunk relate to it's theme.

Also
>implying that the honeycomb weaver is anywhere NEAR anatomically correct
I don't think making a bigger dick is less childish, I think it's the reverse. At least the Sunstalker is an enjoyable big dick, this fucker has a bbc coming from it's belly mouth.

>At least the Sunstalker is an enjoyable baby dick

really stepping in it now, aren't we?

Guys.

Guys we forgot something.

What the fuck is this?

Everyone thought it was going to be Satan, but the Satan artwork didn't end up looking anything like this at all.

Early concept Satan would be my guess

Thats Satan, it was the first concept of Satan. If you look back at the updates that picture changes a bit each time

Sure user, if you say so.

honestly this one is loads better (no pun) just because of the shape and the hands. I'd put up with a cock on it like that if we get fun clawed hands splayed out like that, and a actually fairly creepy setup (more on that here):

The phoenix is the penultimate model imo. It has the whole anus thing, making it nsfw, but it lives off a dynamic pose, a good level of creepy (parasite hands/his actual hands and the face in the beak).

The sunstalker is the middle line. It has more nsfw, but almost to a jokey degree. It's the penultimate "well it's not the best aesthetic model, but it's fucking creepy on a certain level, and quite a bit jokey, and it's fun to fight."

The gorm is the bottom line. It's kind of nsfw, but whatever else it might be, it's a fucking joke. You look at it and you have to really stare at it and get in the mind of horror genre to even begin to find it interesting or scary.

Frogdog redefines the bottom line. The mosquito will probably end up somewhere near the middle. This new weaver has the potential though to be another pheonix, for me at least.

The new weaver picture has a wonderful dynamic movement to the arms and needle fingers, and a better and more feminine shape to make the cock-mouth seem less "baron harkonen" and more out of place and freaky. The face and head seem unnatural in a jp horror vibe, and taken all together yes, I think it having a tongue instead of a cock in the mouth would go over better, but if I had to choose, right now, which to take, original pic or new pic, I would HANDS DOWN pick the second. There's no fucking saving the bloated old model. It would have chased the frogdog and the gorm into the shitbin.

Is the goblin one of the potential GC reveals?

no

No

Probability: Extremely Low

this version looks so much better

wish he'd reveal the art checkpoints... maybe course-correct that disastrous reveal

Are those face base inserts an add on? Can i just add $20 to my pledge and pick up a set? I couldnt see them in the add on list.

Yes.

Did you stop scrolling or something? Shit's right there. Misc addon.

first instinct is to ridicule you
but i get it
you just want to be sure, right? you can actually read and you do understand he's not updating shit at all, and is kinda phoning everything in lately?
>yes you just add 20, and pick it with the manager
>the add on list on the front page is shit, and unreliable

underrated post

It's a fucking silhouette user, it's worse by default.

To the anons complaining about no info about Satan, we actually know quite a bit, it's just not spelt out.

This isn't the first mention of the Ivory Dragon. It's linked to Aya and The Wall. We know that there is a Hybrid Armor set of Ivory+Leather that gives you free Sword Mastery. We know it's going to come with the Ivory Carver settlement location.

We literally know more about this expansion than we do about the Gold Smoke Knight, a fight that is already completely finished and in production, but literally no one has bitched about the lack of info on the GSK.

The only logical conclusion: Aya killed Satan.

Being a contrarian is cool user

Whelp I think this is what I'm gonna order. Feel free to tell me why my taste is shit.

>Gold lantern
>Oblivion mosquito
>Dung beetle knight
>Flower knight
>DoW pinup
>Dungbeetle Knight pinup + ball
>Male/female dung beetle dancers
>Faceless survivor
>Frogdog armor pinup
>Honeycomb weaver pinup
(Kinda wish the honeycomb weaver had a more queen bee like feel)
>Pondscum armor pinup
>pathfinders of death

Considering Frogdog.....

Wrong

Have you noticed that the demon up top isn't an overdesigned mess? How about the increasingly more interesting weapon beside it? Now look at the bottom left.... that's a massive snake coiled around this figure, a symbol of great import to the devil. All of these things are a hell of a lot more dynamic looking, YES, even from the grey blob that lies before you.

A dolt such as yourself is incapable of spotting the differences. You're of the pathetic lot that tore out pages from the activity magazines in doctor's offices, simply because you were too frustrated that you couldn't figure them out.

Do a just thing for once and end your line, here and now.

I've gone a dark path, Veeky Forums. I decided to kitbash the Manhunter.
I wanted to make him into a gross cyborg to present a fun little anachronism in a Fantasy world, like kids playing playing cowboys and indians and having a guy show up with a grenade launcher.
I've already added a respirator, so where should the mask's tube end? Waist? Back? flask? A knot of scar tissue? Or is it not yet too late to turn back?

from what I've heard, Frogdog is a must have

Tons of armor, progressively challenging fights,and its dripping with flavor.

>you have my permission to hang

Knot of scar tissue.

What flask? You mean the bear trap??

I'm not a fan of it but do whatever you want.

Have it plug into roughly where his appendix would be. It's an unusual spot, enough to be unsettling, but not so out of the norm that it just seems dumb, like the wrist might.

>people so busy bitching about Satan that they miss the confirmation that there are actually multiple levels to the Watcher now, and that infinite kick loops are working as intended and were not removed

The demon on top is the same as in the grey blob, bro. same outline. The loss of the snake is a bit of a bummer, and i agree that the staff idea for the big beast was pretty neat, but really, the ivory dragon does a good job for what it is, conjureing up heaps of satanic and hellish imagery and inspiration from classical paintings, so don't get so butthurt over not being on the design team for not-your-game.

>twinpleb
No, she found the gear, faggot

there's legitimate cause for concern

the MOST APOCALYPTIC SHOWDOWN model is a pile of trash with word EPIC emblazoned across it.

Aww boo hoo you don't like a mini. No one cares. Everyone hates Gorm and shit all over it the first kickstarter, and now it's at the top of every list for best expansions.

Get over yourself, aesthetics aren't everything.

>nearly 150 frogdogs remaining

rev up those tear duct pumps, because it's going to get salty pretty fast....

I don't see the word EPIC on the Ivory Dragon.
Also, free expac, whatever,

>I DONT LIKE THAT YOU DONT LIKE THING

Okay.

Suki suki

The Gorm still looks like shit and the only reason people say it's good is because it's one of only TWO monsters that can be hunted year 1 and it comes with a pile of gear that also happens to be quite decent.

Dumb hood rat bitch.

Attach to his heart, Manhunter is basically a frankensteim monster already.

he's mechanical on the inside in a way

so we still have six slots for the gamblers chest to be revealed, and just a bit over 40 hours. He said he'd be revealing them all by the end of campaign, right? I hope he doesn't drag them out into the post campaign days. We'll ever see that shit.

>The demon on top is the same as in the grey blob, bro. same outline.

Wrong again. Two for two.

Everything else you said is fine, I guess.

And what is your source for this information? Your ass?

We already knew Poots considers the kick loop to be fine, he's stated it in the FAQ publicly.

>He said he'd be revealing them all by the end of campaign, right?
He said that at the beginning yes. People have caught his attention recently with the worries that it wouldn't all be revealed in time and he just shitposted in response.

He definitely knows that rolling once a day won't reveal it all. The question is if he even cares or if it's "too much work a bloo a bloo a bloo".

He better fucking reveal it all before he fucks off post-campaign.

>source
It's literally in the update.

When he lists off the ways you can die in kingdom Death he includes the infinite kick loop, which wouldn't make much sense if he was planning to remove that glitch.

He also mentions that intelligent monsters can gain class levels with the Pathfinders of Death promos, specifically the higher levels of Butcher, Kings Man, and Watcher.

>When he lists off the ways you can die in kingdom Death he includes the infinite kick loop, which wouldn't make much sense if he was planning to remove that glitch.
It's not a glitch. Everyone already knew this

how does this glitch work, in the simplest terms? I've never played the game, but it sounds hilarious

user, you're reading too far into that. It's very possible that all he meant was more powerful versions, e.g. with a buff or two. Or, he could be talking about something that is unique to the Pathfinders expansion -- maybe it adds a 4th level to all the core game nemeses (and a 2nd level to the Watcher). Doesn't mean that the Watcher has levels in the core game.

I'm leaning towards small buffs to the nemeses rather than full blown additional levels. Additional levels would put this "promo" way way way above its paygrade in terms of gameplay, and seeing how it is functionally a KS exclusive that's a bad thing.

>how does this glitch work, in the simplest terms? I've never played the game, but it sounds hilarious
Monsters have AI cards which function as their health tracker. As you wound monsters, AI cards come off of their AI deck and go into their wound stack. A monster with only one AI card in their deck will do that one action every single turn.

The infinite kick loop happens with a Butcher where Kick, pic related, is the only card left in his deck. He basically does a Russian Cossack dance all over the party until everyone dies.

He has kick as his last card. The action flow of Kick declares that the big B draws another card after it resolves.

Kick is drawn
Kick is resolved
Kick is put into the used AI deck
The AI deck is empty, the used deck is shuffled.
Kick is drawn from the new AI deck.
Ad infinitum

>Target: Threats
Not quite true. He only kicks until everyone is knocked down.

There's a higher potential that it won't be exclusive, because it's not just Poots alone.

also I agree with the first thing you said, from the standpoint that it requires this mechanic of knowledge passing on from settlement to monster.... but if that weren't the case, it would make the game far more interesting, wouldn't it?

The pricetag for JUST heroes and a modified camp seems a bit steep to me. Shouldn't be surprised if somethings in there that has yet to be divulged.

>Hahaha! We have so many links on the main page, we hit the character LIMIT! I have to go back thru and convert everything to tinyurl's lolololol
kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/comments?cursor=15590203#comment-15590202

I think if you have priority you are considered a threat even when knocked down.

Correct

JUST ROLL THE FUCKING DICE FOR GAMBLERS, POOTS.

This. But, it is technically possible to break it, as the priority target token gets removed each time it targets you. So he'll target one person until he manages to completely miss that person and not reapply the target token, then he targets the next... and so on and so forth.

It is technically possible to survive it. But the odds, especially with a high level Butcher who gets speed buffs, are not very good.

The Gambler Speaketh Truth, Poots.

quickly, how do we get this screencapture to moops?

The gambler has fuckin' spoken.

>4+ to hit.
>5+ with grease.
It's actually relatively easy to avoid.

The problem is that all of the hits have to miss. If you've been hit by Infectious Lunacy and cannot dodge any longer and you're fighting a L2 or L3 Butcher with 3 or 4 speed on that attack respectively... That gets pretty hairy pretty fast. Even with grease and another evasion boost, vs. a L3 Butcher each attack has only a 12.5% chance of completely whiffing. Chances are pretty good he's going to kill you before he whiffs.

Can't you surge on his action and try and kill him? It's been a while since I read the rules.

Yes, if you surge during the resolution of the monster's last AI card and you wound them then it will kill them.

Main problem there is avoiding Infectious Lunacy which will prevent those sorts of shenanigans.

During flows you can use survival actions.

Sometimes you might not have the survival for it.
Sometimes you might not have the innovations for it.

>Not just shooting him.
Do you even Deathpact?

Well the problem is being able to Surge at all. Once you've fallen to Infectious Lunacy you cannot use survival actions. And against an L3 Butcher all he has to do is look at you funny and now suddenly you're under Infectious Lunacy. (It triggers off of 3 brain damage, and all of his brain damage triggers are equal to monster level.)

>Not having a Frenzy Potion to use as an Insanity Battery so you start the fight in the 20s.

Red fist would work, though, right?

>tfw all these fucking scrubs in the KS comments want to buy enough stone face base insert packs to base their entire satan pledge
>make me do a bunch of math and make a totally new sheet on my miniature count spreadsheet
>math comes out that it takes 24 fucking addons to base them all
>"Eeeeeh that's too much for me"
I really, really just want to tell these cows that it is not hard at all to make a silicon mold out of one insert to make infinite greenstuff bases yourself.

The only thing holding me back is the fact that I feel Poots deserves to fleece them of their dumbass money.

>silicone mold
Lol that's a waste of time and money. Just use oyumaru, that's how I made my gorm new hands.

No, Red Fist would not work in this case because the frenzy brain trauma also prevents the use of fighting arts in addition to preventing spending survival.

user... what? Nothing you said is going to save you from Infectious Lunacy. All he needs to do is reduce your insanity by 3 total points and it triggers. Plus, Frenzy Potion is going to cause you to be unable to spend survival anyways. So not only are you not preventing it, but you're actually causing it yourself.

I went for the appendix spot. I'm using a clothing tag plastic for the pipe. Thoughts?

>oyumaru
I have not heard of this material and will have to go investigate. Thank you, no longer baby-mitted user.

THEN HOW DO WE STOP HIM???

The $10 dollar pack off amazon gives you 6 "strips" which is enough to make a fairly large mold. At least big enough for a 50mm base.
I use Lego to make the scaffold. Just press it down really hard and use something to poke at the greenstuff or whatever you fill the mold with if there's itty bitty places the putty won't get into.

>THEN HOW DO WE STOP HIM???

>everyone hates gorm

Gee, I wonder why

you should model the tube that feeds into the mask to be an air-sack, because otherwise the differences in diameter for the tubing makes it look horrendously bad as is.

That being said, I love the repurposing of that clear plastic.

Frenzy Potion is Once Per Showdown.

Even if you could keep sipping it, it does nothing to interact with Lunacy.

Anna didn't sculpt the gorm. The problem is the poor model sculpt and Gorm Climate, otherwise it's a very solid and fun expansion.

The tubing doesn't match. There's obvious tubing already coming from the mask, so it just looks like some garbage stuck to a chopped bit from another kit. Gonna have to do more effort than mate. Greenstuff yourself a tube the same thickness as the one already on the mask and add/sculpt ridges, otherwise cut the pipe from the mask and connect your plastic wire directly and leave way more slack than you have there (in this case I recommend either using a different kind of material ie: a paperclip or thin metal wire for shape control)

He still has baby hands I just splayed out the fingers a bit and made them curve slightly so it looks like he's slightly stepping of his base.

I promised photos but it's pretty hard to get a good shot. Anyway there he is in all his wip glory. I feel the spread finger make it look a but more dynamic like he's moving his weight.

Then he just infinitely menaces instead.

Why doesn't your gorm fit your base?? Is he like...half an inch forward?

I wanted it like that.

When survivor face him from the front they have to almost stand in his maw.

It's also not glued down since I'll probably spice up the base with some stone faces so his finger may curl over those instead.

>Then he just infinitely menaces instead.
He would menace twice / three times. He would not draw an extra AI card because his card resolution terminates when he goes to Menace.