Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What kind of cute character are you making for Fluffy Tails v2?
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65518/a-fluffy-fairy-tale-2-electric-boogaloo
Who's the cutest and cuddliest app so far? Who's the best waifu/husbando?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU (embed)

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65144/of-dragons-and-yet-more-dragons
app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4444113/
app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4445602/
d20pfsrd.com/races/core-races/dwarf
app.roll20.net/campaigns/forum/1907889/
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65876/misadventures-of-a-lazy-princess
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>tfw no cute dark_skin apps
wow, I didn't know pfg was a bunch of raging faggots

Regardless of the OP, who I believe copied and pasted the topic from the last thread, how would you go about building your favorite Metal Gear character in PF? It can be classic MG or the Rising guys if you want to get fancy.

>implying I'm making a character for the game
>implying any of my characters are cute

Ha! Ha! You are of being funny man.

From pictures and descriptors alone, Lasval looks like the cutest and the best waifu.

Most of Rising are initiators

Except Armstrong, who is a muscle wizard. Might even be a muscle sorcerer due to nanite bloodline being more NANOMACHINES, SON!

>using a 2hu for a character pic

Alchemist bombs require a special standard action to use, but what about ordinary splash weapons like alchemist's fire? Can they be used with martial maneuvers?

Additionally, does a bomb equipped with Targeted Bomb Admixture stop being a splash weapon and thus become able to be used with sneak attacks?

Not my fault she's cute as fug
My other pick would be the one using Nemone as a char pic, but that's honestly a really meh Nemone image, even if it is from the actual game.

Who's Nemone?

>Nemone
who?

Disregard fur

Acquire scales.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65144/of-dragons-and-yet-more-dragons

or keep the fur, but still acquire scales

>building your favorite Metal Gear character in PF?
High level Expert, everything into various forms of Craft and Knowledge skills, as well as the Master Craftsman and magic item feats. That or an Artisan

Have him constantly comment on how everything is just like his Tian story scrolls

>6 players
>14 applications
that's more than full, bud

The cute brown one from Granblue.
She's actually a best girl, but I just really don't like that image of her.

Will there be conquests of dragonwaifus?
This is a burning question, and needs to be answered.

How does it feel to know that Kagerou and Nemone aren't going to BOTH make it into the game, because their concepts are too similar?

Hoarding Princesses, Kidnapping treasure, and high adventure.

P.S.

The princesses need not be human.

I like the sound of hoarding.
Gives me a mental image of lots of collars and fun.

P bad, but I'd say Kagerou's story is a bit better done, and her picture is cuter.

Did anyone port Weapons of Legacy to PF?

I want my Gorehowl.

...I desire an answer to this as well.

Tell me about your Synthesist Summoners.

The dragon queen is a hussy! She's had over 100 clutches of eggs when the average dragon only lays about 5 clutches.

can you just tell me the names they used on the applications?

Ordinary splash weapons like alch fire are just normal attacks, so yes you an initiate with them, unless there's a specific ruling forbidding it somewhere.

I don't believe however, that Targeted Bomb stops it being a 'splash weapon', just stops it splashing.

app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4444113/
app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4445602/

>implying both will be in the game, when their backstories and gimmicks are basically the same

Is there a way to shape more veils than you daily limit allows?

I want more dragon NPCs in the NPC thread.

What makes Kagerou's story better done than Nemone's?

Please respond.

Man, Kagerou makes my dick beyond diamonds.

We need dragons everywhere.
Draconic barmaids, draconic police, draconic prostitutes

I like her character dynamic more, as it involves some political intrigue, a mentor figure, better development of her skills, what I consider to be a more sound motivation.
I dunno man, I just like it better.

Suggestions are more than welcome.

Please, those are a given. Notable NPCs is what we need.

A blurb, a short greentext, maybe a paragraph or two.

If you've got ideas, share them.

Pretty sure Musuhime got neutered after the player realized they were making a futa in a game where the DM doesn't like futa

>tfw I'm no one's waifu
>tfw chromebooks don't have the storage for reaction face folders
>;_;

Here's a tip for porting to Pathfinder from 3.5: Just fucking use it, Pathfinder is 3.5 with some doodads added on.

Or go find the conversion document, the worst is to subtract three skill points and occasionally change what feats do.

>d20pfsrd.com/races/core-races/dwarf
Under dwarf it states that dwarves can take Shadowhunter. However it does not list what it would replace. Is this a mistake? Can dwarves take shadowhunter?

Well, an information broker would certainly be an interesting character concept.
A shrewd, potentially lecherous , lady who's actually a dragon with quite a few more years of experience and knowledge under her belt than one would think at first glance.

In addition to that, maybe some ministers or other sorts of cabinet members of Culdranth, or possibly public figures elected by their respective neighborhoods of the Demense.

An innkeeper/tavern Copper dragon who is an aficionado and expert on humanoid mammaries.

Never mind I just checked. Dwarves can take it and it replaces weapon familiarity, but in this case it doesn't give bonus Iron Will.

DHB was posting about his setting for REVOLUTION game, how is it? Is it cute?

Yes.
Increase your number of veils you can shape every day.

Is there a way to go about that? Feat?

One app has a bunch of sisters that are (I think?) all dragons. That sounds like romanceable npcs to me.

Gorehowl is actually statted in the Warcraft RPG, which is essentially just 3.5

like "shape veil"?

They are Thrown weapons first, Splash weapons second. So unless the maneuver specifies it doesn't work with splash weapons, it does.

The sneak attack is usually up to the Gm, but by raw it just losses the "splash damage" and hand still has the Splash quality.

When I gm, as long as there's no splash zone, I let sneak attack work with the Precise Bombs.

Neat. Thanks, anons!

Who do you think will make it into Molthune?

What are some of the better prestige classes that advance caster level at every level? Was thinking of going into Mage of the Third Eye if only because they have class features, unlike the Wizard.

Is the Teisatsu vigilante any good?

Honestly? Kurat and Twins.

>Twins
Duo apps are cancer, they're basically all about jerking off the partner in the duo and interacting with nobody else.

What would a person with Int and Wis 7 and Cha 16 be like?

D-duo apps are cancer?

Raw animal magnetism, but lacking the common sense to realize that the ladies want to slob his knob.

JJ's waifu.

pfg thinks everything's cancer user.
As long as you have fun with the idea you got, don't worry about it.

The word "bimbo" exist for a reason.
Sometimes a person's only claim to fame is how attractive they are.

o-ok

As long as you're not shit posting, you're good.

What about stuff like tempest gale where you can turn your attack into a line or other AoE? Does it lose the splash quality or does every square adjacent to the line get doused?

So, DSP Psionics expects.
What of value is in Psionics Unleashed Revised that isn't in Ultimate Psionics? Revised came out 2 years later but has less in it overall, at least in pure page count (236pg to ults 452). Is it mostly errata stuff? Or is there new things to be found?

Kim Kardashian

How do applications usually work on roll20, just make a forum post with everything that would go on your sheet?

Usually you put the sheet itself on Myth-Weavers or a similar site.

Unless said otherwise, it does just as advertised.

Which in reality still isn't that crazy, Splash weapons tend to be "eh" with even alchemist bombs still allowing reflex saves to halve the Splash of their bombs.

Oh that makes sense, then link it directly to the GM, or still post it so other applicants can see them?

See I fucked up and tapped on the wrong shit.

The latter, unless you're crazy paranoid.

CHA IS A MENTAL ABILITY.

Shounen protagonist.

An absolute fool but with the sheer force of personality to push through any challenge and make people like them anyway.

>tfw slowly building setting up before actually posting the game link just in case players don't want to originate from the country the game is being played in
making your own setting is fun, but it's hard to know when you've written enough for a player to get a good feel for what a character coming from a country would be like

I think most people roll around with 500 turbo autistic characters ready to drop on any poor DM.

What is the quickest non offensive (no "feeding to your summoned monster", please) way to give a proper burial for the fallen foes?
Magic is an option, but up to 2nd spell level max. Digging grave is an option, but if there is quicker ways - I'd be glad to know. After all, there are a lot of real and fictional burial rituals, made by humanity over it's history.
Also, fire, probably, isn't an option in most cases, since it takes a lot of heat to completely burn human corpse.

If you're the guy who was posting earlier, we've already suggested making life easier by getting good players first, then building the setting with some help.

Seriously, the less you nail down, the easier it can be, and doing hours of work on a country possibly no-one will even glance at is inefficient use of time.

But, it's up to you, of course. I would say a paragraph blurb for each country and expand on it only if players take an interest. But I'm lazy.

i guess i can just link now and if people need more given, i can write more / work with people to flesh them out.

Summon monster with dig speed. At level 4 (for 2nd level spells) the monster can grab a person, drag it as they dig down, drop it, surface, and do it 3 more times.

I dont know if there's a Golarion religion that does it, but you could write the backstory of the character as their religion sees the physical body as a shell and it's the passing of the soul that matters. Then it's just making some ritual for the soul like placing some coins on them to pay the ferryman, doing some hand gestures, reading a prayer, or something similar. Bonus points for being a sin eater and eating their sins to cleanse their soul.

Brilliant! Thanks.
Can Earth Elemental do this? His burrow is spelled as "Earth Glide", but there is nothing about taking items (bodies)

> Earth Glide (Ex)

> A burrowing earth elemental can pass through stone, dirt, or almost any other sort of earth except metal as easily as a fish swims through water. If protected against fire damage, it can even glide through lava. Its burrowing leaves behind no tunnel or hole, nor does it create any ripple or other sign of its presence. A move earth spell cast on an area containing a burrowing earth elemental flings the elemental back 30 feet, stunning the creature for 1 round unless it succeeds on a DC 15 Fortitude save.

That's a given, but I just want to add a burial too.

We had a big argument a while back and the answer was no, as it doesn't actually make a tunnel.

Ok, early Lazy Princess stuff is up.

app.roll20.net/campaigns/forum/1907889/

I'll keep working on it during the coming days.

oh god damn it wrong link i'm a retard gimme a minute

Why doesn't Pathfinder do what this game does and admit that some characters are supposed to be stronger/better than others?

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65876/misadventures-of-a-lazy-princess

THIS should be the right one unless I'm even more of a retard than I thought.

Because it's assumed the players know this.

That obviously means someone's not doing their job right, since many people labour under that misapprehension.

They are doing their job perfectly according to Ivory Tower Design.

Are there any standardized rules for property ownership? Average costs for real estate, etc.

>max HD

Please don't do this, it makes warders stupid durable, more so than they already are.

It also means d6 HD viziers, incanters, etc. are really, really frail compared to those d12 HD warders.

Please do max at 1st level then average after that.

Hm, I see your point.

Alright.

Too much exposition, not enough incitement. Compare to fluffy tails character blurb:

A fluffy tail (original) had a very good layout of what the campaign was about, was snappy, suggested the initial starting point and focused the game around the players.

This campaign ad is much less alluring.

A suggestion might be to have a short, in character appeal from the Princess herself at the start of it?

Ah, yes, thank you, I'll write something different.

It's 5 am so my brain isn't exactly at peak efficiency right now, but I'll fix things up.

>A fluffy tail (original) had a very good layout of what the campaign was about, was snappy, suggested the initial starting point and focused the game around the players.

That's just a useless wall of text though, it's way too long.

I don't think there are any monsters up to level 2, that can get such complicated command from summoner and have burrow speed too. Aside from elementals. Actually, it seems only earth elemental has burrow on the list (at least at levels 1-3).

Okay, I trimmed it down and opened with a letter from the Princess herself.

If it still needs tailoring, let me know, and I'll fix it throughout the day.

I've only really run campaigns for friends before, so I apologize if I'm not good at selling them to strangers.

Sounds like you belong in the Towergirls thread.

Just started Pathfinder with some friends. I'm the GM (tfw I can't play :'( ) and none of us have ever played PF or DnD before.

Anyway, myself and 2 others are LARPers, so a lot more comfortable with the systems. One of them is basically being a team killing fucktard. Randomly killing other team members, trying to fight, and also killing/fighting NPC's which were going to move the story along. Every time I try to give them an NPC to help them with a particularly tough area, or somebody who can actually fill them in, he tries to kill them. Hes also the party's tank, and has annoyingly high armor, so pretty much everybody but our wizard gets fucked on.

Anyway, how would you guys deal with this? I used GM fuckery to essentially temporarily lobotomize his character until he stopped being a prick, but it's getting old very fast. Already some of them are starting to enjoy it less. The same player also quetions the GM (me) constantly. A while ago a party member rolled a natural 20 to convince the cultists to take him and an NPC into another room, so the rest of the party could sneak out with their magic artefact. I said yep, and it worked, but now the NPC was stuck in the room, and to get him out the party member in there would have to do something. Instantly the team killing fucktard starts telling me that's not how it works, and because it was a 20 everything goes how they want. He also claimed that the 20 should mean he can steal all their shit on the way out and they weren't able to notice. I was under the impression a natural 20 could only work for 1 action, not a series of actions. Am I wrong here? Or is the TKF just being a fucktard?

Ha ha! Excellent!

Pull the player in question aside and tell them to stop being a dick. If that doesn't work, tell them to GTFO.

>Instantly the team killing fucktard starts telling me that's not how it works, and because it was a 20 everything goes how they want. He also claimed that the 20 should mean he can steal all their shit on the way out and they weren't able to notice. I was under the impression a natural 20 could only work for 1 action, not a series of actions. Am I wrong here? Or is the TKF just being a fucktard?
Not how it works. Nat 20 isn't even an automatic success on a skillcheck, and it has no special effects aside from the total of the skillcheck being 20+bonuses.

Kick the teamkilling fucktard.

>Eastern nation
>princess in Western clothing

Why is this allowed?