Warhammer Fantasy General

Warhammer Fantasy General: Classic Big Red Book Edition

>Previous Thread
Kindly no Age of Sigmar. It isn't the same game.

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Bretonnia range reborn!
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

>Fimir range reborn!
krakongames.com/product-category/miniatures/fomorian/

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
pastebin.com/0e6RuQux

>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

my book came out of Isle of Blood. it was small and softcover and more orange than red.

...i don't belong here *sob*

What would you say to putting one or two dioramic backgrounds on larger-base models or whole movement trays?

For instance I want to put night sky shots behind my Bat Swarms

You forgot to add No End Times to the OP. Why change the copypasta? The only change we agreed to last thread was to add Return of Reckoning, and that's missing.

Currently got 50 spare rats lying around from a couple sprues of stuff.

Should they be fielded as giant rats or as rat swarms? The kits didn't come with bases for them.

if you mean small ones from various skaven kits, then Swarms, since Giant Rats are supposed to be bigger.

No problem at all

End Times is part of warhammer fantasy so it makes sense to be able discuss it.

It could work, especially for photos, but I can see it easily looking weird from some viewing angles during a game.

most likely, that's why I'm asking
should I make backgrounds removable and remove them for battles?

It's generally not considered a part of Warhammer Fantasy, becauwe it goes against the entire setting, and essentially constitutes a prologue to Age of Shitmar. There's usually a rule in the OP to clarify this, because otherwise it's impossible to have fruitful conversations about anything other than rules, such as thenature of the warp, the Lady of the Lake, the themes of the universe, etc.

Was the thread started by the shill from the previous thread? Is someone that hardcore in their autism and attempts to ruin the enjoyment of others?

>Another Bitching About AoS and hurried and badly written ET, sad attempt to reslove and end setting

I wish you all were closed in some small room with Slavposter and Carnac and all other autists so you can spergout there.

Wish WHFRP generals were back. There was no WHFRP ET material, so we would be safe from bitching like we were when we separated ourself before.

Yes.

That is a great idea. It would look awesome in a display cabinet - or take it to the next level and make a display diorama.

>another dead edition

Fuck. Autist is back to stir shit. I pity his gaming group, he seems like the reason I don't go to tournaments.

>It's generally not considered a part of Warhammer Fantasy

Well it is so suck it up.
If you stop getting triggered by it people will be less likely to bring it up.

Then start and WHFRP general, or post here. You have to post good things to have a good thread.

>It's generally not considered a part of Warhammer Fantasy

Who by?

Not most gamers. Not by the writers. Not by GW.

Only, it seems, by a few unaccountable posters in this thread who felt the need to come in uninvited and start shitposting.

Please, don't argue with the shill. You can't win this and he gets his (You)s so he wins.
Just ignore him. No, he won't get up and leave, but the amount of shitposting will be less than if you answer him.

How do I make pegasi less boring?
They're fine as mounts, but as creatures in their own right they're just horses with wings stuck on.
Unicorns at least have some fey stuff going on.

I think yes, units look retarded if they carry screendrops behind them on the battlefield.

Dioramas rule tho.

So what's everyone working on?

What was the name for forest spirits in this faction? The ones that are now called Sylvaneth? Were they just forest spirits? Sprites?

You're right. I just set up a proper general here:

since pegasi are Bretonnian and Bretonni are big on heraldry and fancy names, describing deeds, you can put a unique coat-of-arms on each pegasus representing his deed or special talent, and give each appropriate name.
croup is good place to place the coat-of-arms

yes

Look back to the mythology of Pegasus and see if you can extract anything from there.

Forest Spirits.

I still have to finish painting my 5 last cold one riders and that'll be it for my lizardmen, I think. Also, 2 regimental bases when I get the appropriate cardboard.
Afterwards, I'll probably go for something new. I'm hesitating between a historical Italian wars army which could be used as Empire, a band of pirates, ancient historicals, greeks, carthaginians or romans, or try Mantic's greenskins (I like their sculpts) or their dwarves.
So many options...

I should have mentioned that I was asking in terms of the RPG. They live in the Grey Mountains, which is pretty close to Altdorf when you get down to it.

The little fey are called Spites, but as a larger category they're just called Forest Spirits.

ah, I was just trying to trick you into putting cutie-marks on your Bretonnians. no idea then.

彼らの出番か?

You're absolutely right, Bofur.

Hello.

>How do I make pegasi less boring?
Let them fly through the chaos waste.
Now you have pegasi with two heads, the inside out and that bleeds eybeballs.

Hi, Garland.

Is that a AoS drawing?
I don't see the eye of sheeriyan.

fuck off end times has always been off limits in this thread. GWIDF get out

but it sees you

he looks nothing like nu-archaon

he also still has the old sword so he's just depicted before retrieving those artifacts

No, it's a novel cover for Fantasy. It takes place before he had gathered all the artifacts.

>nu-archaon
Ae you 12 or by chance from /v/?

Just finished my Clan Angrund play through of Total War, /wfg/.
Who should I play through next?

make them very intelligent creatures, to the point the knight can comunicate with his horse and expect a mute but emotionally visible response.

maybe the knight and the horse have different tastes in term of heraldic colours or ladies to court, or one extremely xenophobic and the other is not, or the knight is playfully pissed by the horse because he always wins at rock paper scissor in some way.

greenskins
start by wiping out Clan Angrund

I'm thinking of making a Vampire Count the third (though more low key) candidate for an Imperial election. Any good reasons why they'd get votes without hypnotising or turning other electors?

Greenskins or Night Goblins?

General rabble-rousing. Their Renfield like assistants could go around stirring the people up.

Sigvald!

They'd lie about what they are for one.
But usually promise of political favors, favorable trade deals, military aid, possibly land trades, these things are what you bargain for when you want to get elected.

He supplies them with hot vampire pussy.

handsome
charismatic
a mecenate
totally approved by the local priesthood (comprised of infiltrated necromancers)
will make sylvania great again and make the halflings pay for what they did

by using logic, common sense and goodwill
promise what Vlad did to Sylvania, when it was best governed province, with least crime and most benevolent and just ruler in all of Empire, to all of Empire

Already did Chaos.
Least favorite faction so I got them out of the way first.

>commission a shitty human write write a series of novels, glorifying and romanticising the vampires
>call it "Dusk" or something
>make people see vampires as sexual predators instead of what they are (which is, admittedly, sexual predators too, just a bit scarier)
easy

So a friend is pressuring me to get Blood Bowl 2, but I know nothing of Warhammer. Is there anything important I should know. I mean, I don't think lore knowledge would be particularly required, but I assume it would enhance the experience. Any fun imformation that I probably wouldn't encounter in the game? What do you think is the best race in the game (in terms of aesthetics / lore, not in a gameplay perspective)? Why?

>Implying major part of the Empire would read that
>Implying major part of the Empire COULD read
>Implying glorifying dark arts won't just draw attention of the witchhunters.

Blood Bowl isn't really set in the "proper" old world as I recall. It's a much funnier version of the setting.

>implying modern youth is more literate than imperial peasants
>implying the sort of girls who read Twilight could read anything longer than a twitter post before Twilight
>implying Witch Hunters wouldn't have a lot of trouble, even at hom

>"Grethen, this is book is devil-worshipping heresy!"
>"But father, I love Vladward! I want to meet a boy like that!"

So it's that different? Huh.

Yes, it's got stuff like "Cabal Vision" (magical TV), "nuffle (= NFL)" the god of football, loads of daft puns etc. Plus of course the idea vampires, dark elves, etc will play sports against each other.

blood bowl is an alternate universe where most wars have been replaced by sports matches, there're little connections to the history of mormal warhammer except the general aesthetics and obvious rivalries

lizardmemes

so they basically ripped off original League of Legends lore?

it propably coudn't be von Carstein since they are all hated in Empire
Lahmia would be a good choice since they are all charismatic as fuck.
Also you know, she could use all the normal things you do to win an election

How old is league of legends?

Probably not.
This isn't a general election for plebs.
Elector Counts are wiser than that, and I doubt they have a woman running the Empire.

are Lahmians woman only?
Alternatively if Vampires helped during whatever end of the world you planned you could make a vampire Martin Luther King

>I doubt they have a woman running the Empire
sexist Bret plz go

Blood Bowl came first, but the old LoL lore is a good analogue.

Also I'm battling off my desire to write up a dynastic line for my game's Emperor. He's a direct descendant of Magnus the Pious and the history buff part of me is urging me to start mapping out family trees and previous elections up to the present day. But I know my players wouldn't read them.

you just don't know how to force them, do you?

>But I know my players wouldn't read them.
hide a valuable piece of information for the campaign in them

Brets treat their ladies right.

>"You come across the old genealogy almanach that you were told contains the key to the whole plot."
>"I roll *relevant stat/skill* to find the info."

you're either a shit GM or have a shit group of players.

given you would be willing to detail family trees for the setting you run things in, I'm led to think it's the players.

I'm pretty sure you can find a way to turn the situation into one not solvable by dice rolls alone.

oh, I'm not him, I'm just random user

if I were DMing, there'd be no such problem, 'cos I believe in carrot and stick method strongly. beat them with a stick if they disobey, and if they turn to leave or run, stick a huge sharp carrot up their ass.

Just ignore the shill and his shill thread, come to the real thread and let him stew in his own incontinent misery.

I got the 7e BRB on eBay when I got the IoB flaccid microbook to compensate.

Damn I wanted Skull pass though.

No, Lahmians have males. But they tend to be Kronk, Gaston, and the hyper gay friend from Will & Grace.

Blood Bowl came out in the 1980's.

there was no Steam in 1980's, moron
tabletop is based on video game

What?

That's obviously what I meant.

But the first Blood Bowl video game came out in the mid 90's.

What about Blood Dragons? They're pretty honorable and able to keep their thirst in line long enough to kick a badass' ass and drink their blood.

Though, I think the von Carstein's are the only ones with claim to the Sylvania County and to be Electors.

If election won't be a series of duels between electors, Blood Dragons stand no chance

Blood Dragons have more martial concerns, they don't care about rule..
It has to be Von Carstein.

Blood Dragons don't care.
Necrarchs don't care.
Strigoi care, but good luck with that.
Lahmians realize that it's better to rule from the shadows.
Von Carstein is the bloodline of direct rulership.

Vampires have been doing politics MUCH longer than humans, and the ones that care about it (mostly the Lahmians) are VERY effective in their sphere.

A vampire has abundant resources to call on. A networks of black ops supporters, reams of secret knowledge, prior experience with failed or marginal plots, magical artifacts, support from kin (especially the Lahmians). They also don't need things a lot of other lords need, so their taxes may be lower.

A vampire who wants to win a major election has likely been posing as its own family for a very long time, carefully cultivating loyalty with useful families. A Lahmian in particular might not even look to lead - just choose the winner and stack his or her deck in its favor. That's what I did with my own Lahmian kingmaker; she just sits back and cultivates grapes while executing the occasional criminal via exsanguination.

A lot of the Empire does romanticize vampires. Genevieve is, in setting, an example of this.

Merchants and nobles can read, and they also control the levels of power. These are the people that the Lahmians will focus on.

You needn't focus on the dark arts, and taboo does have its own appeal. As to the problem of the witch hunters, this is why the Sisterhood has agents working to hamstring their power and promote secularism Empire-wide. You can hardly trust angry, sexless, lonely men to be the first and best bulwark against Chaos anyway. Shepherds guard sheep, not bigger sheep.

There have been Empresses before, but you're not wrong, it's rare. This isn't Tilea or Kislev.

Male Lahmians exist but are not common. This is mostly down to Neferata STILL being super-butthurt about Nehekharan sex politics, and the fact that her last two beaus ran out on her controlling ass.

It's also due to an unfortunate tendency of male Lahmians to get backstabby. One tried to re-enslave all vampires, moronically unaware that he'd become a sock puppet of Nagash in the process.

Male Lahmians are not allowed to participate in Sisterhood politics. Most of them are going to be paramours to Lahmians important enough and romantic enough to want a partner on their own terms and to get away with the political backlash.

>Male Lahmians are not allowed to participate in Sisterhood politics.
>gets mad and wants to become human emperor

Neferata would shut that shit down hard.
Vlad is her ex.

vampires that promote secularism or maybe even atheism? Now I have an idea how I can trick my players in the campaign.
Thanks in advance.

crossboarder dropping by, how is digital Mordheim? Joke of a game or faithful adaptation? Out of of GW franchise I only tried Talisman and licked WFRPG but I like the setting and want to know if it's good way to familiarize myself with the game. Not to mention I have nowhere to play it on the table.

I enjoyed it very much, pre-ordered it and played for about 100 hours offline.

Its got a few niggles but its very good recreation from a small dev

Thanks, maybe I will give it a shot since it's on sale on PS4. I was always curious about it but never had a chance to try the original game because living in 3rd world country with no people to play with in my neighbourhood.

It ain't bad, but it's kinda slow-paced and difficult-ish and frustrating in a good way... I find that Darkest Dungeon does most of that for me already, but works faster.

This book is and forever will be the best edition of WHFB post-reformation.

fresh content