MTG LEGARY GENERAL

Bad decks edition

What's the worst concoction you've ever registered for a sanctioned event? Pic related for me.

RESOURCES
>Active Legacy Forums
mtgthesource.com/forums/forum.php
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5

>Current Legacy Metagame
mtgtop8.com/format?f=LE
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy

>Find/Browse basic lands by their art, by sets, by artists, and more
basiclandart.tumblr.com

READINGS
>Top 5 Breakdown (May 26, 2016)
channelfireball.com/articles/the-top-5-legacy-decks/

>Miracles: The Match-Up Everyone Should Know
channelfireball.com/articles/how-to-defeat-miracles/

>Utilizing Cabal Therapy (Old but still good)
channelfireball.com/home/legacy-weapon-therapy-session/

Common Legacy - Decks You Should Prepare to Face
>Miracles
>Delver variants (Grixis, Izzet, BUG, RUG)
>ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils)
>Death and Taxes
>Eldrazi Stompy
>Shardless BUG
>Lands

Uncommon Legacy - Decks You Should Know About
>LED Dredge
>Reanimator
>Infect
>Stoneblade
>Burn
>TES (The Epic Storm)
>Elves
>Painter
>Maverick
>4-Color Loam
>Nic Fit
>Sneak n Show

Rare Legacy - Decks You May See On Occasion
>Enchantress
>MUD
>Goblins
>Merfolk
>High Tide
>Aluren
>Food Chain
>12 Post
>Belcher
>Pox Control
>Blood Moon Stompy variants
>Tezzerator
>Sneak n Breach
>Stax (White or Black)
>Deadguy Ale
>Landstill
>Affinity
>Oops, All Spells

Mythic Legacy - Decks You'll See Once a Year
>Doomsday Fetchland Tendrils (DDFT)
>Cheerios
>Nourshing Lich
>Non-Eldrazi Moon-less Stompy variants
>Spanish Inquisition
>Ux Omnitell
>Parfait
>The Cure (Kavu Predator + False Cure

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/cheerios-16-09-13-2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

One time I entered a modern tournament with a $70 mono blue artifact budget deck
I went 4-3

I brought pic related to GP new jersey a few years ago because pox ate rug delver alive. Went 1-4-0. Beat mono-red-burn and get 4 miracle matchups in a row after

Which deck is better Imperial Painter or Maverick? I want another Legacy deck to slowly build towards and these are the two im interested in but which is more competitive?

I mean, both are good. It's more about how well you know the deck than about what it does.
That said, I've seen Painter get more results but that's because more people seem to be playing it than Maverick.

And that's because Maverick is widely outclassed by 4c Loam

>Legary

I started playing legacy to get AWAY from that shit! Come on!

My bad f a m. Phoneposting.

>Phoneposting
My nyukka.

Time to brew a Gray Merchant deck and call it "Le Gary."

I smell a new community shitbrew

Bloodghast sucks. Im my experience the "value" of dropping one from a Smallpox or something isnt as usefull as just ending the game with a Gurmag Angler

This was almost three years ago. It was Khan's first week and the deck was glacially slow. It wasn't uncommon to win over 8 turns with 2 power at a time. In hindsight that may have been right but shortly after I took that picture I dismantled the deck and sold off the parts.

What would you play in it? Pox shell with whip+le gary?
Bloodghasts and contamination seem fun with gary

A pox shell is going to focus on removing permenants, not having stuff out.

I'd say just a basic mono black control with Lillis, Phyrexian Obliterators, plenty of discard, maybe run stuff like Phyrexian Arena. A light blue splash for Brainstorm/Ponder might help.

What are your preferred/spiciest reanimation targets for UB reanimator? Right now I have a pretty typical 3xGrisel, 1 of iona, elesh, tidespout, grave titan, and then a sire for those turn 1 reanimates. I have a sphinx of the steel wind in the board because there is a lot of delver/aggro decks in my meta, but I switch it for an inkwell if I am going into something unknown. Anything I can add for maximum spice?

Picture related, bandito.

I like aetherling a lot. I've also seen keranos.

>not necro 2.0

Why is Painter so much fun? Something about a non blue combo deck

M8 you put cranial plating and q bunch of ornithopters in a deck and youll win some games

This is before you started "the collection"?

1-0 with Burn. Who /brainlessdeck/ here

>Phyrexian arena
>Phyrexian Obliterator
>Gary
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

Nah, just didn't think to throw them in. Didn't seem that unique at the time compared to the dice. Everybody has teeth, but I didn't know anybody with those dice

If Obliterators werent so fucking expensive I would throw that shitshow together for SCG Dallas, but it looks like I'll just be running good ole Pox unless the start align and they unban Frantic Search, then Solidarity here we come! I play bad decks

just play solidarity anyway

>make top 8 with Burn
>almost take game 2 over Delver
>Land land land land land land land
So long gay Bowser

I sold my Forces, not going to buy another playset just to go 2-6

So what are some Legacy playable cards (esp. permanents) that cost a lot of black mana?
>Phyrexian Obliterator
>Griselbrand
>Lich
>Nefarious Lich
>Phyrexian Arena
>Bloodghast
>Bridge from Below (LOL)
>Underworld Dreams (?????)

How about stuff that costs a little bit of black mana, but that's good value?
>Deathrite Shaman
>Dread of Night (sideboard?)
>Putrid Imp
>Carrion Feeder
>Death's Shadow (?????)
>Shadowborn Apostle (8^D)

Anybody see the makings of a shell here? What am I missing?

Good cards

if you're playing carrion feeder, you should be playing bloodghast, and also possibly gravecrawler and geralfs messenger

Well, yeah; that's what I'm looking for.

I feel like a load of acceleration, mutual discard, and reanimation could make this viable, but maybe /probably I'm wrong.

Living Death?

Maybe U/B zombies with Gary?

I once made a garbage discard deck with Howling Banshee as main wincon. I somehow went 2-1-1. I feel like making another shitbrew but with pauper cards only this time to see how bad I get rocked

Why not make old standard mono-black devotion plus necro, obliterator and wasteland? Add cabal coffers for spicier tech?

Get some Recurring Nightmares to keep getting the ETB and Mindslicers to sac and fill up gy.

That could work but desecration demon is a definite no go since it's super bad. Maybe stick some veteran explorers in and splash green for abrupt decay as well? It'd give us tons of mana for pack rat. And I'm digging the Phyrexian arena for the deck to always have an extra card to discard

>tfw you own 4 Obliterators

Burn is not brainless. When will this meme die?

you cast seven 1 mana 3 damage spells. wow very skill intensive

Epic meme but theres a lot more to it then that.
Plus i can do what you just did to nearly any deck watch.
You play a bunch of mana rituals and draw spells until you've cast 9 cards in a turn and then you cast a Tendrils. Wow very skill intensive.

FUCK, I just found out there's no video coverage for the GP. Another slap in the face for the Legacy player base...

Daily reminder that /burnbabies/ must go back to modern general if they can\t handle the bantz

I was actually parodying that meme because I was having a good time.

GP's today isn't it? Anyone here going? Is there a meet-up happening?

>No video coverage

God FUCK WOTC, seriously.

Ive been looking forward to the GP for weeks, silly me for assuming a goddamn GP would at least have the same level of effort put into it as the weekly SCG Opens.

Decided against it. As much as I bitch about there not being enough legacy stuff to do, I'm not getting a hotel room, plane tickets and the rest of what'll be that weekends budget to beat 3-4 shitters who built miracles for its power, then lose to 4 people who absolutely shit on miracles. I'm no Joe Lossett but I can pilot through some of the worse matchups.

Also this. My shop is at the point where we have non-sanction tournaments to let people play with proxies. I'm glad eternal masters made the format considerably cheaper, and the reprinting of the odyssey fetches too. I would be over the moon to have a reprint of the zendikar fetches in the next couple of sets (Probably when the fetchable duals are gone from standard) but This format needs some actual support from wizards. The format needs coverage so that people stop thinking its a format of turn 1 wins vs miracles and delver. I cant tell you how many times we get the high schoolers coming to legacy sunday at the shop and they think everyone will be trolled hard by their oops/charbelcher/cheerios proxy deck.

Me as well, I'm yuropean, so I was planning on watching in the evening/night.

We're pretty lucky in that regard, with plenty of legacy players. Heck, there's even a monthly Vintage FNM, with people lending eachother Black Lotuses and other power so enought people have a deck.

Louisville was a little too far away for me. With scg Worcester coming up in a couple months I'd figured I'd just do that and save some cash.

>I cant tell you how many times we get the high schoolers coming to legacy sunday at the shop and they think everyone will be trolled hard by their oops/charbelcher/cheerios proxy deck.
I love watching their faces drop when you say, "Oh, okay, I've seen this before. You're playing Belcher/Oops/whatever." 9 times out of 10 they ask to borrow a deck next week or they bring a new one because they're tired of playing it or their deck didn't give them the feeling of being a That Guy.

Which is why I always keep at least 2 Leyline of the Void in my side and aggressively mulligan after losing the first game to Oops.

Deck is ready for local tournament tomorrow. Any last minute critiques? besides "play a different deck"

white border the other cards

Didn't like Lim-Dûls Vault after all?

Your dumbed down description of storm still sounds more complex than burn.

>Bad decks edition
I tried.

>bad decks edition
Oh boy do I have a shit-brew for you.

Oh man you weren't kidding.

8/10 for flavor
7/10 for color
0/10 for viability
Good job, user

Maybe one day. It takes a long time to whiteborder that many cards.

Just trying something different. Death wish can be played off a ritual, and this version has more rituals to spare.

>7/10 and 8/10
You're too generous.

bump

Steamy hot shit-brews! Right here fresh and stanky!

Forgot pic

Does this deck even WIN? How??

Hunting Pack for 6+ storm count and concordant crossroads at the same time :D works every time 12% of the time

I'm not giving up on this Aetherflux Combo. It's going to happen.

why not just do it like a storm ccombo?

I play a Living Death deck and it's worth it if only for my opponents' faces when I'm burning through my deck and discarding Reanimates

So my first Legacy tournament in over a month is this Sunday. I hate Vermont sometimes...

What should I play? AnT, Dredge, Belcher, or Poops?

Leaning toward AnT again. It's a known meta, and I think I'd like to get back into practice.

Might want to Dredge it up, though. Goofy deck is goofy.

Play ANT. it's the best of your options.

>got 4 miracle matchups in a row
the dream

Play white bordered anything

>my deck only beats one deck in the format.
>brags about it.
Truly autism knows no limits.

I really like this.

>Playing a bad deck
>Complaining when losing on the internet
>Cry when some user mocks you on chinese board
He is not the autist

Any other GP I wouldn't have brought pox, but the field was almost 50% delver because treasure cruise was just released. Also that's some other autist, never owned 12post and I'd never advise storm decks under any condition other than as a hillariously bad brew.

Bump.

What is the best Counterspell art?

What is the best Thoughtseize art?

What is the best Force of Will art?

Again, if you got it wrong, pre-release is next week. Better get a jump on that standard deck, because that's all you can apparently handle playing.

I guess EMA Counterspell is chill.

Theros over Llorwyn because Llorwyn fucking sucked and I'm not ashamed to say it.

EMA would be good if it didn't have the goofiest fucking set symbol. Feels like I'm playing Pokémon every time I see a card with that symbol on it.

>tfw went 4-0 with punishing maverick this week

>Jace art counterspell.
Never in my life.
MM is where it's at.

Bump before bed.

I think the Alpha art for Counterspell is best

Lorwyn for sure has the best thoughtseize art. The theros one just looks so dumb.

Sorry but you're wrong on the FoW art. The Judge promo is the absolute top tier you plebian.

>had a faerie macabre in hand and didn't use it in response to my opponent casting reanimate
playing cockatrice early in the morning is always a bad idea....

>Resolve brainstorm, play Probe before fetching
I just shouldn't play Storm.

>mystical tutor
>spin Top
>fetch anyways
I need to stop playing EDH

I mean if you want the card you put on top, like if it's a therapy or something, this play might be fine.

Every time it was a card that I didn't want at the time.
I did it like... Three times, in 6 rounds?

Oh.
I see.

Brainstorm's too skill-intensive for me, I guess
Back to Breakthrough I go

maybe you should just play burn?

Dude fuck off with the >burn is brainless.

One time my opponent was on three and I only had a lava spike in hand, took me a minute to find the line but I finally did and took the match.

yeah one time I was on game 3 vs storm and almost forgot to cast eidolon of the great revel. was sweating bullets that match

Kek

ooga booga booga, where de red women at

Amyways, I ran this shitshow for like a year until it got boring.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/cheerios-16-09-13-2/

It actually took down a 6 round local tournament once, went undefeated.

Ive always wanted to try mono green storm, I'll need to give this list a shot.

Has anyone played enchantress? I adore Solitary Confinement.

Lost my first round with Nourishing lich to turbo depths, 0-2. Discard and a quick combo trumps my bad 3-card combo.

Lost round 2 vs goblins, 1-2. Managed to sneak in a game win against another bad deck, but I still couldn't win the match.

I played enchantress for a while, it was my first real legacy deck. I got tired of losing though, and tgat was like 4 years ago. I cant imagine trying to play it now.

Shitty enchantress builds in modern are still fun though, even though they dont use any of the traditional cards.

I like enchantress, but is a very meta dependant deck. I usually maindeck 3 leyline against storm and combos. Abzan open possibilities like leyline of the void for reanimator un the sideboard