/swg/ Just happy to see you

Previous Thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Dantooine01.jpg
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/1/6/2017-system-open-spoils/
inverse.com/article/25898-george-lucas-star-wars-rogue-one-helmet-stormtrooper
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for best ship

N-1 and YT-2400 for best ships.

standing by
fuck off lad

First for best commandos

Toot toot, best ship coming through. Best Y-Fu

Arc-170, N-1, and Y-Wings.

Personally I have a soft spot for the GR-75 for some reason.

What's that?
Kill everyone they know and love, then ruin everything?
OK!

Fite me you cheeki cunt

Which will make it to X-Wing first, /swg/, Tie Hunter or Gunboat?

I'd say the neither

Armada question: How am I supposed to deal with one of these as Rebels? I'm getting ready to play in a Corellian Conflict campaign (my Rebel teammates and I are going to try to figure out our fleets this weekend), and I have every reason to think at least two out of the three Imperial fleets will have an ISD2.

>Have a ton of hull and shields, can prevent critical damage, and have a great engineering rating
>Front arc can vaporize a lot of ships in a single shot (and side arcs are as powerful as a Pelta-class Command Ship's front arc)
>As fast and maneuverable as an Assault Frigate Mk. II
>Tied for the best squadron rating in the game
>Have one of the best anti-squadron armaments in the game
>Have an almost-perfect spread of standard upgrade slots

How do I kill one of these things without in turn feeding it kills?

Starting playing Imperial Assault skirmish with the new wave and it's been hella fun

Tried out the dewback rider, Captain Terro and he's such a baller.
>Free Movan
>3 dice shootan
>Flamethrowan
>Troopan Leadan Creaturan

The only other unique Imperial priced nearly so aggressively is the Grand Inquisitor.

after you perform a slam action, perform a free jam action

German is a beautiful language.

It's a nice change of pace from Weiss and Vader.

I so badly want AT-STs to not be trash.

Never did like them as just black-painted scout troopers.

Their helmet in Rebel Strike was much better starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Dantooine01.jpg

Get behind it. I am one of the only Imperial players at a club populated mostly by Rebels (the few other Imps fly light ship/carrier lists).

It may seem difficult because it has such a wide front arc, but keep your distance and edge around it. It's rear arc does pissall damage and once you're there, we cannot turn around.

And she looks like she's taking a stubborn shit (or working hard on that evade token)

No it's not. German is an ugly, crass language. And it's made only worse by it's incessant need to cram words together into unpronouncable strings of syllables.

He's joking about that the card is named "ass rot."

Because it looks better than the monstrosity of a crane control booth thing that was there before. Also it looks more "Star Wars," and indicates that it's a slap-dash, salvaged salvage crane. Like an ugly, but industrial equipment.

I looked and didn't find anything that suited my needs, but I don't think it looks all that bad. Just crude.

It's not my finest work, but if you wanna do better, I can send you the .pdf.

They don't need two arms to grapple! Just the one. I can't wait until they're swatting TIEs away with their new mechanical appendage.

So an MC80 would actually be one of the worst options against an ISD? Because getting behind stuff is the opposite of their strength.

Posting best ship.

Excellent taste, senpai

Not necessarily the worst... The MC-80 is just more of a bruiser. ISDs are all forward firepower, whereas MC-80s are more like traditional battleships. For the MC-80, it's all about broadsides, and preferably using both at once. But an ISD will outmatch it in a straight up slugging contest, unless you're using someone like Akbar... Then shit gets a bit more complicated... The main downfalls to the ISD are it's flanks. And the -80 usually won't have the speed to get in there and capitalize on that. At least, not without taking some brutal dice pools at first.

For those who play armada here, is the game mostly balanced or are there scummy builds that I should avoid using?

There are certainly bad builds and some ships I try to avoid, but for the most part it's pretty balanced.

Just be very careful about choosing your ships and make sure you have a purpose for each.

It's less balanced than Xwing but the meta isn't as rigid.

A few ships are hilariously broken and the designers seem to have a hate boner for imperials.Fuck you phoenix home and MC30c

>me, but also me with TIE/HU

Squadrons, Corvettes and MC-30's might be the way forward.

Think like a Rebel. Once you're in a straight up protracted battle with that thing, you're already dead.

So what exactly has caused the meta in X-wing to become so rigid?

Honestly, the X-Wing meta right now isn't "rigid" persay, lots of different ships and lists are winning Regionals right now, had quite a few different lists at Worlds, etc.

But, unless you're doing something limitedly local and know you don't have to deal with it, /x7 Defenders + Palp or triple defenders is a shitload of damage mitigation with 9 dice for Final Salvo if you go to time. It is the sort of list you need to be prepared on some level to handle if you run into it. Because of this, high-powered offense lists like Dengaroo are popular, or guaranteed damage like K-Wing Bombers with Sabine. So the ships and lists are very diverse, but a lot of the tactics have become limited.

There's a lot of variety in regionals right now, but the meta is pretty warped by x7 Defenders and Palp. With that much guaranteed damage mitigation "average" squads stand no chance. Every list has to be built around beating token stacking high agility ships. The variety is there, but it's similarly stifling to have the entire game revolve around 2 upgrades.

Dengaroo and bomb Ks exist almost solely because of this.

>Dengaroo and bomb Ks exist almost solely because of this.
Dengaroo would exist regardless, but bomb Ks are pretty much there only because of Defenders.

Also Trip Defenders with Swarm Leader is going to become the new Triple Scouts in terms of how much firepower it can put out on turn one.

Well, the beauty of x7+Swarm Leader is that ships have to eat their damage mitigation to do it and can't fit Palp - so it'll be a very fragile list. It's powerful, and reliable 5-6 dice but if you can weather that kind of thing opportunities to pop them exist.

But yeah, the question now kind of is, will just time and more cards mean that x7 goes out of style because while it is an efficient list, it's gotten too commonplace so people are readily prepared to take them, x3 Defenders or PalpDefenders are no longer sweeping Nationals and didn't win Worlds.

Do we have a name or pictures of that Death Trooper dropship in R1? It sorta looked like the child of a TIE striker and a Lambda iirc

Nope, Pablo's said to wait till some new product line identifies it in the coming months.

1) You can't really weather that type of damage. That is 11 dice at any given target, two of them with target lock+focus. It can take down any ship it wants int 1-2 turns.

I'm happy with their nucanon replacements.

Calm down, you polish pleb

Not actually replacements, those serve different roles, and Storm Commandos show up in one of the mobile games.

I supposed this is the thread to ask: has anyone here tried Rebellion with four players? Is it still fun with the responsibilities divvied up?

Game seems obviously designed for 2 players but I know some people who all want to try it.

Assault Proton Torpedoes and Ion cannons that require blue crits ignore contain defense.

Polish is even worse, captain Fagballs.

Okay, so you're Finnish then?

mon then lad fite me ye wee coon

We should to a line up of the various imperial infantry, like with the TIE types.

Off the top of my head, there's the imperial army with the grey armour, uniform and open faced helmets, navy guys with black open faced helmets and armour, stormtroopers, snow troopers, scout troopers, storm commandos, dark trooper phase 1 and 2, death troopers or whatever the RO ones are called, the tan base guards also from RO, the various TFA troopers, the anti Jedi troopers that show up in one issue of dark empire, the unidentified either loyalist or seperatist troopers with orange helmet marks in a mish mash or storm trooper and scout trooper gear also from dark empire.

The thing about defenders though, is they typically don't have very high PS values unless using their valuable EPT for Vet Instincts. They're good, sure... But triple Defenders are always going to be PS 6 or possibly 7 if they skimp on an ace. This is one of the key things to remember when flying against them, even PS 7 or 8 can react to wherever they move to. As for Evade tokens, they hate Homing Missiles. I've seen several bite it to those.

Looks like a dude with an epic mullet.

Nope. Not a Motti-fucker on skis.

Ukrainian, or are you in the Scandinavian ballpark (including unofficial Scotland, since the Scandinavian countries not only like scots, but would help support them economically in the event they're allowed out of the U.K.)

>but would help support them economically in the event they're allowed out of the U.K.)
More accurately Norway's oil companies would try to use Scottland to ensure access to even more North Sea oil.

But i am.
Kiva tavata näin ulkomaan laudoilla :D

Epäilen, että kaikki täällä tietävät, mitä sanot. myös jos tämä on väärin, syyttää google

It's because google is shite at Finnish and it doesn't understand any Finnish dialects that aren't literary Finnish even that much.

As for your text, it was ok till the "myös jos tämä" part and from there to end.

Anyways, same as i said above in English "Nice to meet you at foreign boards :D"

seemingly ass is ace in german

I thought all you had to do was just post something like "benis :DDDD"

I ain't highly educated enough in academical memetics to be able to pull off a "benis :DDDD" legally.

>including unofficial Scotland, since the Scandinavian countries not only like scots, but would help support them economically in the event they're allowed out of the U.K.
Scots are pretty like Scandinavians in temperament, sense of humor, beer, and genetics.

Which is why they would aid a newly independent Scotland

Bullshit, Norwegians are polite, Swedes are cucks, Danes are legolanders and Finns aren't scandinavian.

Also none of us play bagpipes, which are actually a pretty kickass instrument.

So would France, I imagine.

Everyone likes Scots, except Brits.

Norwegians are polite, Swedes are friendly, Danes are annoyingly earnest, and Icelanders are great in bed (experience talking).

Finns are pretty cool, even if they aren't Scandinavians. They are Nordic, after all.

Working on my list for a tournament this weekend.

Latts Razzi
K4 Security Droid
Weapons Engineer
Tactician

Fenn Rau
PTL
Autothrusters
Concord Dawn Protector

Syndicate Thug
TLT
Unhinged Astromech

100 points

Latts scoots about, hindering two targets at a time and stressing. The Y-Wing sticks close, leading the way or tailing to cover. Fenn does Fenn stuff.

If I drop tactician I can give Latts Black Market Slicer Tools and have an initiative bid for Fenn. Just not sure how often it will be useful on such a lumbering ship.

>Scotland
> more Scandinavian than England

"No"

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/1/6/2017-system-open-spoils/

Plus Icelanders walk on lava

Creating a droid character for an upcoming FFG game. Do I roll up a BH-7X or a custom fluffed build for a bodyguard/personal security droid?

My trip to Scotland taught me that they're laid back as fuck compared to the bongs, goth is alive and well up there and everyone drives like fucking madmen.

You should take this to another thread before people respond to you and derail everything. There is a time and a place for pretending the Scottish are laid back. A Star Wars thread is not it.

Something like that would be very cool, but super time consuming. You'd basically have to comb through everything.

The MC30c hate I understand. Its punch is somewhere in the range of a Vic1. But are the fleet command upgrades for the Pelta that tough to deal with? (And if so, which ones?)

>No True Scotsmans a discussion about Scots

Most impressive.

George confirmed for patrician tastes in headwear.

inverse.com/article/25898-george-lucas-star-wars-rogue-one-helmet-stormtrooper

George has always had a really good eye for aesthetics. It's his writing that leaves a great deal to be desired.q

So are planetary accents old canon (like Obi's coruscanti/English accent, despite being from Stewjon), or is that not a thing

And directing.

George is an idea guy, I guess.

The Twileks of Ryloth have French accents and Pantorans seem to have an accent too, from what I remember.

Also, remember that Obi-Wan may have been born on Stewjon, but he basically hasn't been back since he was a little child, so his accent would very much be informed by Coruscant.

It can be if you want it.
Just to give a bit of flavor to the various species and people who have different dialects and languages. Just be careful you don't make them to obviously one language's accent. Just got done with the Clone Wars cartoon and it was awkward that all the Twileks had French accents or another race had German accents or the one with the bird queen who fucked Jar Jar had stereotypical Jap accents.

I always thought the Twileks had accents reminiscent of formerly French African colonies, or something similar

That may be what they were aiming for, to depict the Twileks as a long-exploited people, but that's hard to get all your actors on the same page for.
It's easier to just give them the direction of "French" and go from there.

Got a lore question this includes EU. Can't ask on /swco/ because canon police everywhere.

What is the primary difference between a concussion missile and a proton torpedo?

Short answer: concussion missiles are used against fighters and soft targets. Proton torpedoes are used against capital ships and other hard targets.

I'm still waiting for stormtroopers calling each other muggy cunts when their officers aren't around.

Lucas has always been considered an excellent producer. You just shouldn't let him direct or write dialogue.

>What is the primary difference between a concussion missile and a proton torpedo?
Size of charge, propulsion system, intended target silhouettes, tracking systems.

I mean the list goes on forever, man.

Torpedos are usually IR ('heat")-tracking and missiles are often (active) radar-based, IIRC EU lore.

I don't believe the EU went into the type of sensors, just that Concs were faster, turned better, but didn't hit as hard as Proton torps. (other than the original RotJ novelization which said the opposite)

piggybacking off that, what's the functional difference between torpedos and missiles in x-wing? Utility and damage values seem to be all over the place with both of them and the only universal traits seem to be that every torpedo requires and spends a target lock while some missiles only require but don't consume or use focus instead.

>But are the fleet command upgrades for the Pelta that tough to deal with? (And if so, which ones?)

The one that completely negates the interdictor (a ship that wasn't even necessary to hard counter) for a whole 5 points.

>The one that completely negates the interdictor (a ship that wasn't even necessary to hard counter) for a whole 5 points.
Say what now?

Entrapment formation

Torpedoes are also (iirc) more advanced, more powerful warheads. While Missiles are usually shorter ranges, and older technology.

I'd argue that even his directing abilities are fine; THX-1138, American Graffitti and the first Star Wars certainly turned out alright.

His main problems are writing - specifically dialogue and romantic relationships - and tendancy to succumb to the temptation of style over substance (the excessive cgi in the prequels). And he likes to appeal to kids when he can which isn't necessarily an objectively bad thing but obviously rubs a lot of us 'space opera is serious business' guys the wrong way.

Toros, outside of the oddball seismic, are all 2-3 range iirc. So they are long range only. Their all do damage equal to their hit, missiles are more diverse. So Toros are all about big damage while missiles can be complex.
Also the Toronto slot opens up extra unitions.

>Raith Sienar entered the boardroom with a bounce in his step and a distant smile on his face.
>This was concerning enough, but the merry whistle of the Imperial March coming from his lips was most uncharacteristic.
>"Gentlemen," Sienar said, popping a data disk into his computer. "I just came back from a very productive...meeting with Lira Wessex."
>The board silently waited for him to continue.
>"It seems KDY is running behind on their Lancer-class project," he continued with a grin. "Though I can't see why. Its basically a penis ringed by quad laser cannons, though that might explain why she was so keen on handling the display model every chance she got..."
>He pushed a button and a schematic of what looked like a tiny Star Destroyer appeared above the table.
>"This is what they're rushing into production for antistarfighter screening. Raider-class, they call it."
"Yes sir, but what does this have to do with us?"
"I was getting to that," Sienar said, his smile twisting to a frown. "Since SFS is the leading starfighter manufacturer in the galaxy by volume, she asked for my...input on the design."
>He pressed another button and the image changed.
>"TA-DAAA!"
>Three large solar panels appeared on the sides and bottom of the schematic.
>"Ah...." one of the directors began.
>"And the chucklefucks at Kuat are so desperate to get it out the door that they're subcontracting us to build the panels at 15% over their regular cost! WE'RE GONNA MAKE A FORTUNE!"