Warhammer 40k general

Giant, unidentified xeno-beasts edition

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android inb4 >SPYWARE)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>List Builder that is cool and memeic
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>As current as the FAQs get
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (I wonder how long people will mindlessly copy this without changing it):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

First for Sisters

Pretty fast for a fat girl.

Third for latest DLC cosmetics for your Imperial Knights from Forge World. These look less bad than the first set they released (if I may say so myself).

you misunderstand, i have a vault of shekels i could spend on anything
but that doesn't mean i'm happy to spend four hundred dollars to assemble, paint, and field a 1000 point army

That's some nice necron head in the big picture.

If I force you to use the IA supplement, will you die?

Why are there no Fall of Cadia leaks from people with review copys? Have games workshop abandoned there new marketing strategy?

they're probably waiting for another day or two, when preorders are up.

Tenth for Abby stabbing himself with his own sword in this month's WD!

Hail to the armless!

Went with Death Guard as my first army. Currently got a Vectorium with 2 Plasma CSM squads, Raptors with melta, Auto Havocs, a Termicide squad and 1 spawn as auxiliary. Clocks in at 900 points.
What do i equip the Lord with, and which squad should he join?

I wrote a Death Guard List. Aka "Fuck Obsec".

++Purge Detachment++
-Chaos Lord w/ Mark of Nurgle on Bike, w/ Power Fist, Lightning Claw & Sigil of Corruption - 165
2x 5 Chosen w/ Mark of Nurgle & 4 Plasma Guns - 165 x 2 = 330
2x 5 Havocs w/ Mark of Nurgle & 4 Missile Launchers - 150
5 Havocs w/ Mark of Nurgle & 4 Autocannons - 130

Total: 925

Take a 2nd identical detachment and it's 1850 on the dot.

No obsec, but you only care about blowing up the enemy. Advance forth and make your foe regret the myth that Chaos is a close combat army.

He cut himself twice, too

once for each arm.

>I'VE
>BECOME SO
>NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMB

>in the heat of battle with the enemy leader
>both your arms suddenly fall off
>she stabs you to death while your bodyguards rush off to fetch the stapler
>some robot cunt steals your arms and put them in a museum

>necron

Delete this

Then don't. It's really that simple.

I'm getting more of a Cylon vibe than a Necron one

Are farsight enclaves still space commies?

DELET

How are H Bolter Chimeras? They seem funner than Multilaser. Like in my head it sounds and looks more badass.

why does the knight have an eyepatch
is it a pirate knight

They are manly, for vagina headed fish people.
Probably more like Sparta vs normal Tau Athens

If Greyfax isn't supremely pissed about her imprisonment the End Times have truly come.

No self-respecting Hereticus bitch would ever simply shrug off being locked in a Tesseract Vault for [x] number of centuries.

>pretty girl comes up to talk to you
>cut your own arms off, mumble incomprehensibly

So...I re-read through Siege of Vraks. You know the Purge detachment? You can only take the Mark of Nurgle, but you can take any "Daemon of" unit.

This is technically a legal Thousand Sons detachment. Add Daemon allies, Heavy Support, etc to flavor.

++Purge Detachment++
Magnus - 650
Daemon Prince of Tzeentch with Wings and Armor - 220
Helbrute - 100
Helbrute - 100

Thanks to Forgeworld rule oversights, you can run Magnus in a Thousand Sons detachment that doesn't include a single model with the Mark of Tzeentch. Sadly, this is probably a more effective way to run him.

Why would you make it a purge detachment though?

So you can take Helbrutes as your tax instead of Tzaangors.

looks cross-eyed

Getting a buddy into the game. He's most interested in Nurgle, and wants the Daemons SC box. Should I steer him to CSM so he has an easier time learning to play and paint?

>Should I steer him to CSM

Good rib

magnus knight
crosseyed knight

If he said anything besides Nurgle, I'd agree.

But Death Guard are better than Nurgle Daemons

After winning 19 out of 21 games with my GSC I'm semi retiring them because it's getting a bit embarrassing.

Post your list

Death Guard are really good now; Traitor Legions kind of made them a bit crazy in fact.

Nurgle SC is good.
Let him play what he wants.

I'm building Nurgle for AoS
With 40k you either want to go Death Guard, Word Bearers w/ Daemon allies or Daemons, from multiple gods

Here are some of my WIP plaguebearers

So let's suppose I want to run a Malcador Infernus. Lovely machine. 18" Hellstorm torrent, s7ap3.

But it's got some rules which don't make sense now. The 'engine damage' and 'highly flammable' rules talk about outdated versions of Super-Heavy Vehicles rules and I can't find any updates that help me make sense of them.

Discuss.

How do you equip tactical marines for EC?

Melta and combi-melta in a drop pod or plasma and combi-plasma in a razorback.

oh, that poor knight

nurgle demons + nurgle marines is a solid casual army, with traitor legions especially

guys... i have a serious question

Is the plastic on GW models poisonous? Ive been chewing off the extra plastic on the sprue because its easier then using a nail file and i may have swallowed some.

Potential new player here. I have been thinking of getting into 40k, but it sounds like there may be a strong possibility of a significant rules rework coming up later in the year. Should I just chill out until then?

Then again, I'm more interested in getting into painting and constructing the models than I am in actually playing the game, so maybe it doesn't matter. That new Celestine model looks cool, is there any chance that it would stop being made super quick? I would definitely want one of those once I become confident in painting the models.

Help me with my 1850 CSM list please!!! Love u all

This os very important user, you need to show us your tongue and the back of your hand.

I dont think so, but you might already have autism.

Enjoy your poisoning. Go get your stomach pumped

bump

Plastic is actually the secret to eternal beauty. Plastic never ages. Consume the plastic and you will steal its power. You will become ageless and immortal.

Renegades and Heretics: Basilisk decent in a direct fire role? I'll be using it for artillery purposes, but it's likely going to need to so some anti tank work within 36". Fixed position carriages. Medusas, I'd take, but I can only have one or the other.

you're not going to die from a bit of plastic, but you should probably stop doing that

Oh so just like normal 40k for tactical marines.

Look its a tremulous time in warhammer right now.

On the one hand a few armies could be seeing reworks with new models and on the other hand we could just be getting new models for every army and very little change.

I just went for it because i love the hobby and if things change they change. Currently have a Deldar force and starting a night lords force and thats been going on for a few months now. Just pick the models that you know you are going to enjoy and don't worry about the huge rule rework

this actually might work if you dont get fucked in deployment. God speed user

>You will become ageless and immortal.
Fulgrim pls go

>gift of mutation
>melee weapon on 1-wound tac squad champions
>in fucking plasma squads no less so they can't even charge

Are Warp Talons worth it? with a raptor talon of course, they just cost a lot of points and im not sure if the deep strike is worth it, even if they can assault on the same turn.

Also im starting a night lords force and trying to figure out if i want to go with the raptor talon or the Chaos Warband detachment.

Do a lot of armies have fearless units? would it be better just to get a well rounded force?

EC short for emperor children, yes?
I think the joke is you called the Chaos marine squad tacticals.

In all seriousness it's hard to know what to equip them with because Slaanesh gives them a combat focused buff but no real way to get there.
I would equip them with close ranged weapons like meltas and and extra close combat weapons and drive them up the field ASAP, if you get counter charged you will hit the average unit first because of I5 and if you survive their shooting you can also shoot and charge them yourself.

Power weapons aren't worth it on 1 wound champions, equip them with high strength, low ap2 weapons to take on hard targets and then charge to clean up soft targets with your melee attacks.

jump pack to go with raptors. otherwise he will be too slow to do someting.
equipment powerfist, sigil for 4++, maybe these nurgle grenades/ combimelta

Good thing deathguard gives him Mark Of Nurgle so he is T5.

If

>fighting marines

No

>not fighting marines

Yes.

Fearless is prevalent only because marines are prevalent.

Unfortunately, fear isn't that helpful against non-fearless armies. Furthermore, Warp Talons are locked into lightning claws, so they're forced to be MEQ blenders regardless.

Blind is okay.

Basically it depends on your meta.

Ah damn, my mistake I had the wrong page open, i thought i was writing it in the 30k page. So i did actually mean tactical squad.

What list builder pls

It would be extremely painful.

So what im hearing is, stay away from the Warp talons until I start playing.

K I kinda liked the raptors more anyways so il stick with them thanks.

Basilisk decent in a direct fire role?
no
too expensive, too flims compared to russ

For whom?

I wrote the following GSC list for lulz. A Leman Russ is my Warlord. R8?

Excellent, thank you. There's no reason to start him and the Raptors on the table, right?

QUESTION: Would using chapter/legion tactics that don't fit your color scheme be considered bad?

fuck off mark

there is

deepstrike is rather dangerous and with a bit of bad luck, the squad will come down in turn 3 or 4

Depends what you mean.

>Successor chapter
Using parent chapter's rules is the logical thing to do in almost every case

>Using any rules you want for your custom fluff chapter

Go ahead m8, literally will never be bad imo even if you pick the WAAC-faggiest tactics, so long as they actually fit your fluff.

>Using a different chapter's rules when the chapter your models are painted as has its own rules

This seems pretty WAAC-faggy to me. Possible exception if you're a successor with really terrible FW rules and you'd rather use the original founding chapter's rules.

tl;dr I think it could make you a bit of a dick if you do it for bad reasons

Kinda depends on the legion.
Some of them are still relatively intact and have a unified paint scheme/look (fx Word bearers) while others are horribly fragmented so you can get away with painting them like whatever (Emperor's Children)

For loyalists, unless the chapter doesnt have a personal chapter tactic, i'd look at you weird, but still play.

kinda

If you're using ultramarines and going "no really my guys are using white scars chapter tactics" people will give you the stink eye. Same goes for night lords who "just happen to be nurgle worshippers and using death guard rules".

Like, that's what custom chapters/warbands are for.

I don't really see the need for the Goliath Trucks. Your Acolytes are going to be pitching Demo charges out the backs of their vehicles rather than charging, so you might as well shove them in the Rockgrinders and drop the trucks. That would free up 300 points, which you could invest in a fairly bare-bones Subterranean Uprising - a Primus (which would also give you a proper Warlord), 5 Metamorphs with claws or whips, and two units of 10 Acolytes with Icons.

Im the user who was asking the Baal Pred questions from the last thread. What are some essential units I should have in a Blood Angels army built for FAAC? I have a Stormraven, the Death Company Strike force set (15 DC marines, DC Chaplain, and a DC dreadnought.) Also have the BA starter set with the 10 man tatical squad, a Baal pred and a Terminator Captain. Also have. Astorath and planning on getting Mephiston.

If my Great Unclean One is coming out to be 300 points and my Daemon Prince of Nurgle is hitting 375, am I falling into a trap of buying too many upgraded for these fellows?

why would someone release plastic models before throwing the faction out of an airplane ?

Was buying them part of your plan?

So from there I would pick up a squad of terminators for your captain to hang out with and then pick up angels blade and pick some formations from there to build towards. I would recommend the terminator one that lets you assault turn 1 but that mostly comes down to personal preference.

I am inclined to say yes. When I play daemons I try to keep my warlord under 300 points and only run 1 model at that points level.

a second tactical squad

It might just be me being old fashioned, but every marine army should have two tactical squads.

I like the mono eye

Of course!

At which points level?

We play all sorts

Land speeders are nice. And devastators for long range.

Oh that makes sense. I'll try and get a fist/claw, sigil and jump pack on the Lord and start him on the table.

I posted this last night, but I think you were all too tired to give it a proper review. Let's give it a go!

Have you looked in the Crusade Imperialis red book from Forge World? I know it's 30k, but the rules seem up to date there.

I can fit one Heavy Support option at 200 points or less. Right now, it's triple Basilisk. Is there a better option? I already have no issues with infantry or light armor from the main body of my forces, and I have a Baneblade as a centerpiece, but I'm otherwise lacking in anti armor ability.

Thanks, was going to get a second tact squad. Also I do have a bike squad, just looking for some wing parts from the Raven Wing bike squads cause they would look nice for BA bikes. Also was hung up on Termies but I know in Angels Blade they have formation that if you have 3 squads they can deep strike and assault on the same turn. Downside is it's 600 points min.

I mean mostly from a simplicity standpoint; Marines would be easier to paint and play for a brand new player, I'm assuming.

He's very interested in the idea of plague zombies; is there a way to field them in daemon/marine lists? Not familiar with chaos stuff personally.

R8 H8 Deliber8

if you take typhus (the character), he lets you turn any cultists in your army into zombies for free

>Pretty girl throws doves at you
>They eat your arms and stab you with your own sword