Infinity General - Rodina Pride Edition

Infinity is a 28mm scale futuristic skirmish game by Corvus Belli where Russians do all the heavy lifting.
>All the rules are for free. Buying the books is only relevant for fluff:
infinitythegame.com/archive.php

>No-longer-provisional Catalog where you can look at pretty pictures of the miniatures you're thinking of getting:
catalog.infinitythegame.com/

>Rules wiki (now updated with HSN3 content):
infinitythewiki.com/en/Main_Page

>Rules Wiki Offline Backup
mega.nz/#!Dxs3VbKQ!_tRgLeIszkdMBvnpCFE4xHELtngLRL26cexppwmAIws

>Official Army Builder:
army.infinitythegame.com/

>Token Generator:
inf-dice.ghostlords.com/markers/

>N3 Hacker Helper:
captainspud.com/n3hacking/

>N3 Reverse Index Web App (a bit outdated as of HSN3 but still a bit viable to look at)
n3index.bastian-dornauf.de/

>Batreps:
youtube.com/#/playlist?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwXlOUh545nq21WQaW7YxuGc

>Terrain:
pastebin.com/Hy9SRkmJ

>Faction Rundown:
mediafire.com/view/mqaaf5fosmti5b4/Infinity_Faction_Rundown_v.1.3.rtf

>All Consolidated Rules:
mediafire.com/?xm5aqb4sdx4g446

>Operation Icestorm Scan (beginner missions)
mega.nz/#!AkkG0ZZA!CE-YzCWIWVROcSnnlkZI8SMWxWoNb1LkFbWI-LamYR8
>Operation Red Veil Missions (different toilet, same shit)
www84.zippyshare.com/v/xjlY6Mip/file.html

>The RPG Kickstarter
kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game

>WIP Tactica
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Infinity_Tactics

>RPG Character Creation
infinity.modiphiusapps.hostinguk.org/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

catalog.infinitythegame.com/aleph/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Lore question: What nationalities exist on the different worlds of the human spheres that aren't directly represented by the core factions?
For instance the Sikhs exist on acontecimento.

Is CB ever going to make their models more posable?

Who would know?
I mean... they are all wearing helmets.

Is this enough door-kicking?

Corregidor is mostly hispanic-south american and has also some african heritage. Almost none of the miniatures represent that.
They just look badass.

I would get rid of Sfroza and make that Zhanyin Fireteam a 5 men squad.
But that's like my opinion.

Зa Poдинy!

1) Sforza is rad as hell and I really want to give him a shot

2) There's no way to make a 5 man Zhanying team. They're AVA4 and a Hsien can only be added to a Zhanying haris, not a core team...

It irks me to no end to see a wonderfully painted model ruined by the stub on the base rim. I mean it takes literally 30 seconds to sand it (1 minute if you have to fill it with a bit of putty), in a model that took probably 3+ hours to finish. I'll never understand this.

Posable minis bring lack of detail, specifically around the arm/shoulder joints.

Why would they?

Hello friends I have always been a long standing customer of GW and I really like Corvus Belli miniatures and how they look.

What are the main pulling forces of the miniatures? Theres a lot to see on the website but are there any miniatures that are just really really well done?

some considerations in no particular order:
-way too many Zhanying, I don't understand how you're gonna use them
-if you want to go doorkicking take a Crane (or two), they're just too good for the job.
-2 chain of command units is way overkill. Pheasant duo (I presume?) is quite gimmicky, better take another Bao and form a Haris
-ISS without Kuang Shi is like christmas without presents. Can't beat 5 regular orders + smoke for 33/0,5
-try to fill the last 1,5 SWC

Man now I feel like a dope. I've always been under the impression that Zhanying could make a core link by themselves for some reason.

Anaconda Squad. Nomads.

You won't find any Archaon Everchosen or Celestant Prime here, this is a skirmish game based on special operations and deniability.
This is not to say there aren't models with a strong table presence though, personally I've always had a soft spot for this bad motherfucker here.

Hey, at least when you move a Wu Ming in there you'll have a spare 30 points, 1.5 SWC to spend on whatever you like - Garuda/ Ninja / Rui Shi would be great.

And seconding those anons who say drop Crane combi - either get the madtraps version who actually adds something interesting or just the cheap'n trusty Bao shotgunner.

Now I'm confused though. I always saw the Zhanying as a psuedo-MI to fill ISS' lack of Sekban/Wildcat/Bolt style unit. Now I know they can't form a core link I'm really confused as to why they can't...

Like you said sikhs are on acontecimento as are the rest of spics and brown people.

Well I guess the compuslory Wu Ming actually doesn't change the overall cost if it's a cheap one. Quite a colourful filler figure.

Mayacast confirms that monthly releases will be released in the corresponding month. So technically there's no January release, because they would come out in February.

Also the CA Pilots box has:
- Raicho pilot
- Scindron, remote pilot for the Shasvasti Sphinx

You're misunderstanding, you can take a maximum of one (1) Zhanying in a core team of Wu Mings, not the other way around. The only other option is taking a Zhanying Haris, there's no way to make a full core of them.

Right, a list which doesn't depend upon a non-existent link team.

Shit. That's way less fun than I'd imagined!

There is a fluff blurb of Cubans living in Svahlreima
As a Cuban this sounds super sketchy to me because I know for a fact we're not built for the cold

Much better than before, very direct and brutal list. 3 fireteams (I guess the Bao is in Haris with the Pheasants?) make it very order-efficient if also a bit less flexible. Having 2 unspent SWC is a real waste though, and if you can find the points I would upgrade one CG to carry a KSCD; even if you don't take the Kuang Shi the smoke will be very valuable to cover the team as it slogs up the field.

Tbh I'm not very fond of the Pheasants+Bao haris, if it were me I'd probably put some REMs and a Ninja in their place but I guess it's just a matter of personal preference

They're 30mm proper scale miniatures with tons of intricate detail to them (especially the newer CAD sculpts made in the last few years). Contrary to what it might seem, this makes them incredibly easy to paint with glazes/thinned paint/washes, essentially making the miniatures paint themselves. With the low model count, you can easily paint up a playable force to a good standard in a week's time. You can also spend a week on one miniature, all the intricate detail makes the painting process very rewarding. They're honestly the best miniatures that I've had the pleasure to paint, and I've painted a lot.

Aside from the website, well, you'll find Infinity minis on various fan sites and painting blogs and groups, but all the studio minis are still extremely well painted, mostly done by one guy, Angel Giraldez (though recently there have been a few additions to the painting team). He's also released two tutorial books, though it's probably better if you start with Vol 2 as it goes into the basics, while Vol 1 assumes you already are familiar with an airbrush and the basics.

>Also the CA Pilots box has:
>- Raicho pilot
>- Scindron, remote pilot for the Shasvasti Sphinx

"Two models are too much for a blister, they won't fit!"

Manga aesthetic (if you're into that), realistic proportions, actually attractive female miniatures.
Personally I was pulled in by the rules though. The whole concept of ARO sounded new and interesting.

As reference, here's how I'd make a similar list.
CG with KSCD is in for the smoke and Xi Zhuang brings a template weapon and MadTraps to the team for a real "I'll fuck your shit up" deathball.
Rui Shi is cheap and packs a punch, can pull off the old smoke trick with the Celestial Guard friend (would be even better with some supportware but sadly no space in this list).
Husong for some long distance ARO threat, a couple Kuang Shi to fill points, trigger mines and generally be a nuisance.
Pheasant is in group 2 for logistic reasons, but can switch for free as soon as there's space thanks to Free Agent.
Rest is pretty much the same.

So that's just a humble suggestion, I don't mean that your list is bad or anything. You can do as you like with this list I don't care, I had fun making it (I'm actually saving it for the future, it picked my interest)

So, how are ALEPH?

Newcomer trying to test the waters.

ALEPH is an elite, tough as nails army. No Wound Incapacitation and ODD everywhere. High tech toys. Post-Humans cause a lot of whining about imbalance due to how good they are. Generally a low model count army, but with a lot of stuff they can do.

ALEPH is also the great Satan that seduced the Church away from God and wants to make us all it's puppets.

Are they overpowered? My friends play Tohaa, haqqislam, french dudes, and onyx contact force.

What do you mean pulling forces? Particularly outstanding minis?
Here's some that I particularly like:

Older (pre-CAD):
Aleph: Marut
Ariadna: Tankhunter autocannon, Chasseur rifle, all Zouaves, Dozer rifle, Intel Spec-Ops
Combined Army: Caskuda (OOP), Drone Remotes (old/biological, OOP), Seed-Soldiers, Anathematic
Haqqislam: Hunzakut sniper, Djanbazan sniper, Saladin, Asawira rifle, no-weapon Hafza,
Nomads: Morlock (male), Chimera, Lunokhod
Yu Jing: Guilang, Imperial Agent Pheasant, Aragoto, Hsien

New (CAD):
Ariadna: Airborne Ranger SMG, most of the USARF starter
Haqqislam: Hunzakut LGL, Maghariba Guard, Kum, Bashi Bazouk BS, Azrail FB
Mercs: Avicenna, LE Bounty Hunter sniper
Nomads: Gecko mk12, most of the new starter box
PanOceania: Father-Knight, LE Joan of Arc
Yu Jing: Yan Huo 2ML, Tiger Soldiers
Bootleg: Penthesilea

Yeah, Bao is in the Haris.

Despite what people are saying, I was in a bind recently which really left me wishing for grenades of some form. So swapping the Mad Traps for Stun Grenades and bumping the Bao up to a Multi Sniper spends most of the remaining SWC.
Although it does make the Haris an incredibly schizophrenic but powerful, link.
Alternative is have a Zhanying Haris with a hacker and HMG.

Xi Zhuang and some REMs are definitely on the to buy list next. I've been wanting to play around with Free Agent, that looks interesting.

>Hunzakut LGL
Man. I have to agree. I really, really like this mini.

Elite, high tech, tough army with some dirty tricks. They have some of the most feared units in the game like Achilles (debatably best fighter, undoubtedly best hairs). Sexy sleek GiTS look, androids and robots galore. We also have a sectorial that's choc full of Greek heroes cyborgs from the Iliad if that's your thing.

>Are they overpowered?
As a whole I wouldn't say so, they have many strengts but also some definite weaknesses, and they pay up to the nose for their special abilities. In particular though the Posthumans are deemed by many a tad too strong and cheap, so there's that. Also the Steel Phalanx can be perceived as OP at first but they're kind of a noobstomp army that requires some specific counters.
All in all I'd say the faction (and the game) is pretty balanced.

Old Hsien's are garbage, new one's are really nice. The Hacker Hac Tao is also fucking awesome.

I don't get why people love it. I mean, it's not a bad mini but it doesn't really do anything for me.

Is she planting a bomb? Makes her look like a Counter-Strike character.

>Old Hsien's are garbage, new one's are really nice.
Gen2 forever. I recently got Red Veil and now I have to buy the old HMG while the LGS still has it.

Planting a hacking repeater. more like. Also that model's a pure pleasure to paint, none of that overdetailed shit that's on way too many models nowadays.

She's retrieving one of those Ghostbuster traps containing the tormented souls of the Trauma Doc's thousand victims

Is there a way to use her in a aleph army somehow?

Nope. We have our own qts tho.

Red Veil Haqq starter and a dual pack of CA pilots and the Guijia pilot.
Wow its fucking nothing...

I only recognise the myrmidon officer. Are there other ones garudas and proxies ? to be honest I do not know much about aleph outside of the sub section stuff.

No. You could use the "love child" of ALEPH and the Hassassins though.

>I can't survive without my monthly dose of metal crack purchase to satisfy Mammon
kys then, and make the world better. Or paint the shit you already have.

Left to right:
Posthuman mk1 Medic
Myrmidon officer BSG
Dasyu hacker
Asura MULTI rifle
Chandra spec-ops
Naga sniper
Sophotect
Deva

catalog.infinitythegame.com/aleph/

That's because ASS aka Steel Phallus is for Greeks being gay, as the name suggests. Vedic is the designated waifu section.

>Contrary to what it might seem, this makes them incredibly easy to paint with glazes/thinned paint/washes, essentially making the miniatures paint themselves.

Paint her skin metallic, stick the crap off the Sophotecht base around her or an antenna in the brain and call it a posthuman? It's not super convertible really.

What should my next few buys be to build off of USAriadna army pack?

. Didn't knew they had a online catalog. Thanks for the link.

But the greeks were gay with young boys and all the subsection dudes are grown man. Sex between to male adults in greece was viewed as repulsive, and in most city states illegal.

What looks cool to you?

Well you want a linkteam to do heavy lifting so either the Grunts or Marauders box to flesh out what you get in the starter.

one time I let a couple of minis too close to some washes on my desk, in the middle of the night I woke up to piss and when I turned the light on I found them painting themselves. Fucking spanish pewter sorcery, I swear.

>monthly releases will be released in the corresponding month
Isn't that how it's always been? I literally never remembered a time that an "x month" release didn't come out in x+1 or more month

Where are you guys finding this other information from.

The physical rulebook comes with a fluff book, and a bunch of info can also be found from the rpg stuff(which hasn't actually been released yet).

Shhhhh... The meme is more fun than NAMBLA. Also, Assault Section does ass fuck grown aliens

>Assault Section does ass fuck grown aliens
Myrmidon/Daturazi bara lewds when

Also Order Sgts box and Miranda Ashcroft. I'm looking forward to that qt Guijia pilot.

Releases have always been released the following month. So January releases would come out mid-late Feb. Now it's just Feb releases in Feb. Nothing's changed really; just the name of the release month.

Given that I've got $650 of Mantic arriving at my door on Monday, I'm kinda thankful. I got a whole lotta plastic crack to deal with. Also, the glory of being a Kazak player, I honestly have nothing that I need from CB anymore. I could take a Shotgun Scout, or maybe a Flamethrower Vet in the same old style, but that's literally it.

Grunt Fireteams are just so disgusting satisfying. There's a guy at our store that takes two Muls, a bike, and then just explodes into an orgy of grunts. Gotta be one of my favorite Garrison troops.

Give 'em a good vantage point for some cover, and those bastards stick. One of the few times I've actually see our ALEPH player rage was when Achilles got domed off by a random ARO from a Grunt with a Rifle.

Grunts do offer one of my favorite cheese lists that I've never seen and never want to see run, but love the very idea of it.

>12 Inferior Infiltration Heavy Flamethrower Grunts
>186 points in something real

Obviously probably half of those bastards will fail, but then you're left with probably 5-8 Heavy flamethrowers just derping about in Cover, daring your opponent to enter your magical realm.

>daring your opponent to enter your magical realm.
Except the entering stuff would probably have smoke nades, chains, and cost 5pts.

>Those giant studs coming off of the grunt's elbows
Couldn't they have them pop from the connection to the body? This shit is going to look fucking awful when done.

so I finaly got a Squalo and want to take is out for a few games? any tips on how to use the Squalo properly? how about this list for a test?

Resist the urge to go deep. Over extension leads to easy hacking and other neutralization methods. Save an order for suppression fire. Try to stick to cover, but no so much so that you leave your opponent free reign to neutralize you.

Daboarder has a good thread on the forums.

Quick question; if I have a Ninja in hidden deployment and my opponent makes a unit walk through it, could I call a surprise "shot" CC ARO since at some point in his movement, he was technically in base to base with Ninja?

you cannot surprise shot in aro. Neither surprise attack. But you could engage in aro.

Damn. I guess that'll still be okay, I mean CC with a Ninja without a dedicated CC unit is usually an easy win for the Ninja anyway.

Take a guess how much time it took me to paint up this 300pts force. After a zenith black/white primer, it's just glazes with one final highlight. These miniatures are incredibly easy to paint if you thin your paints, but I figure it'd be hell in a handbasket if you even dare to try to do the GW style of basecoat/drybrush/wash/highlight painting - the end results will always be terrible.

L-lewd!

>Glaze
Do you just mix paint with glaze medium? Or do you mean just thinning a regular paint a lot? Solid work by the way, I will have to try that myself.

Both Surprise Shot and Surprise Attack require you to be the Active player, as these require a bit more control than the reactionary shot that an ARO is. As mentioned already, though, you can Engage.

However, remember how hellishy swingy CC can be. If it's just a TacBow Ninja, though, I'd definitely recommend it. Luckily, my only real melee units are Dogs which are suicidal meat-torpedoes anyways, but I hear and have seen the horror stories that come from Oniwaban getting beaten to death by garrison troops.

If the joker that moved past your ninja was trash that was moving into position to cover a more valuable unit that would be following in its way, weigh the value of waiting to jump that target instead. Though this is coming from pure theory, as I've never used TO or Hidden Deployment.

Christ alive, son, that looks amazing. And it explains part of why doing shit the GW way has never really given me satisfactory results. Care to go into more detail in regards to your process?

Yep, just mix paint with glaze medium and a little bit of water. Lately I simply make do with a black/white zenith primer, then do some highlighting on the model right away with very light greys/white, then just glaze the main colours over, creating an illusion of a smooth blend all the way through. It is incredibly easy and efficient. The models in that pic were done in 8 hours. The morats here took about the same amount each (and probably more) with the more traditional approach to blending.

Zenith priming as in priming again from a different angle? That sounds good, thanks for the advice user.

Yep, prime the mini black all over, then prime it white from a top angle where the light source would be.

Airbrush required, or reckon either a good eye and a brush or a particularly good can of spray primer would work?

Not him, but, spray cans work well, an airbrush will give you more control over where the highlights are going but for a simple zenithal, theres nothing wrong with a spray can

Just about to ask the same question. When brushing on primer, is it just straight out of the bottle? Take vallejo surface primer for example, squeeze some out and go at it like a weird dry brush technique/painting like youre 5 again?

A brush wont really get the effect you need since if you have the ability to brush smooth transitions you might as well do it with the actual colours, since they WILL look better if you do it that way.

Awesome, I'll have to give that a try sometime. Guessing this works a lot more with the recent CAD minis rather than the older stuff? The glaze shit, I mean. You're mostly using the definition from the model itself along with its lines to help draw out the model's potential, right? Seems like on something a little flatter like their old sculpts it wouldn't pop as much as these.

Airbrush works better, but you can do a simple zenith effect with rattlecans as well. It won't be as precise, but it'll do the job okay. You'll be touching up the areas you want highlighted with a lighter gray anyway, just that from a rattlecan you'll probably be doing more brushwork. I personally recommend Vallejo Pale Grey Blue for it, but the GW Ulthuan Grey should be about the same.

It's a universal technique, if you also add some manual light gray highlights with brush before the glazes. The CAD models are much easier to work with, though - their details are razor sharp and the overall design of the mini is simply more crisp than the older traditional sculpts, but even those are alright.

Different user here. So if I'm reading your technique right, during priming/undercoating, the model is going to be pretty bright before any brush work is done, correct? With the initial black primer only really showing in recessed areas?

So prime it black, white zenithal spray from the angle you want, light grey on the surfaces bordering the black and white and basically just blending shading, and then the glazes with are paint, a little water, and glaze medium?

Yes, mostly so. The first two Zhanshi are simply done with black/white primer, aside from softening the contrast on their faces with some gray. The Yuan Yuan has had highlights applied all over the model already, with the brighter parts fully gray.

Yes, precisely. The exact amounts of paint to glaze medium and water ratio depends on the paint and the effect you want. As with all techniques, you got to try it out, experiment with it a bit and really make it your own - maybe you like it, maybe you don't.

Thanks, mate. I've got $650 worth of Warpath coming soon, so I can definitely give it a shot on them. Besides, this seems like a much faster method of handling massed infantry in a table quality fashion rather than the way I learned from my years playing GeeDubs models.

>thin your paints
Everyone says this. All I get is soup that goes everywhere the moment it touches a model. I'd like to know more about your technique but the models painting themselves is bullshit.

I find that taking a number 3 brush, fully coating it in your paint, and rubbing it in a little bit of water (enough to fill a plastic pipette to about halfway between the start of the conical region and the 0.5 mL mark) until the paint comes off to work quite well. You want it to flow, but not be as thin as water, otherwise it won't stick to the ridges.

Oh, and once you get a thin coat on, even if you can still see the undercoat through it, it'll be much easier to apply following coats to intensify the colour.

Play with the consistency. The rules are simple but it takes a lot of experimenting. Also, get some glaze medium. Adding even a drop to the paint will thin it but not in a way that the paint'll run everywhere like a wash.

Seriously, you can get awesome effects by just varying wash/glaze thickness and surface tension. I rely on this a lot and I still have a lot to go (a local painter does this with just water and blends at the same time, I've seen this happen in person and it still sounds like bullshit).

BTW, for me the right consistency is "catch the moment when the paint starts running into details by itself and next time stop right before that". I've never been able to do the "skimmed milk" rule.

Do you just go ahead and add some straight to the pot, or exclusively use it as part of a mix on your palette along with the water?

I mix paints only on a palette. Gives you more control and your paints last far longer. I suggest making a wet palette, it's super easy and makes painting all that much more easier.

What is ariadna's stance on aleph? Do they integrate it into their systems or tell it to fuck off like every other political power?