Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Are you sure there weren't any side effects for that belt of giant's strength?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU (embed)

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/druid/archetypes/paizo---druid-archetypes/goliath-druid
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65435/rise-of-the-jade-regent
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65144/of-dragons-and-yet-more-dragons
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65518/a-fluffy-fairy-tale-2-electric-boogaloo
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65876/misadventures-of-a-lazy-princess
zenithgames.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-comprehensive-pathfinder-guides.html.
fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Animations_images
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are you a bad enough dude to turn into a dinosaur?

Yes i am good sir

d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/druid/archetypes/paizo---druid-archetypes/goliath-druid

What sorts of monsters have you always wanted to use, but never get the chance?

I don't think i've ever used a proper giant in any of my games.

I have used a Titan before but i dont think that counts.

Actually, I've always wanted to play a Weredinosaur.

bureacracy and capitalism

metaphorically or litterally?

I think i have stats for a Treasure golem.

Diego pls

But Bureacracy is antithetical of Free Market Capitalism, and usually indicates overbearing federal involvement in a market, and a bloated central government.
How can you fight against both when fighting against one will lead to the other?

Might as well post a good portion of the /pfg/ Games here.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65435/rise-of-the-jade-regent

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65144/of-dragons-and-yet-more-dragons

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65518/a-fluffy-fairy-tale-2-electric-boogaloo

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65876/misadventures-of-a-lazy-princess

Join in on the fun!

>But what about Val's alter-ego, the Vilderavn?
That's really going to depend on how close to the vest Val's player wants to play the vigilante angle. If she reveals that part of her life to Cas he could even make her costume for her.

I imagine it would be less along the lines of Cas teaching Val the ways of the swordlord and more along the lines of teammates sparring (since each character has their own distinct fighting styles)

I feel a tad jealous because amalthea and Casimir was aces and i cant play her.

I'm sure you'll be fine running Onryou. But all of this is just pointless memery anyways. AFAIK neither Cas or Val's players have been involved in this discussion. I just wanted to see if my idea had legs in the eyes of /pfg/ and it appears that it does.

Lazy Princess seems interesting.

Majordomo Investigator seems perfect for it as a super action bureaucrat.

>just reread majordomo
>remember it's awful
Man. Why does it have to give up alchemy for teamwork feat sharing? Why couldn't it have just gotten different spellcasting.

You'll want a mix of social and combat stuff.

Sometimes she'll have you doing political assassinations, or placating a village, or calming a troublesome tribe, or other times fighting a dragon.

Which normal Investigator does better than Majordomo. Majordomo doesn't really get enough to justify getting rid of alchemy.

Building a blaster here, is it generally better to specialize in AoE or single target?

I worry about AoE when its boss fight time and all the other PCs is now surrounding the boss

Been there, done that, user. That was my character's schtick back in 3.5, it's gonna be a while before I need to be a t-rex again.

Selective Metamagic Rod. Problem solved.

Well, I am starting at level 1 though, so thats a problem

I find it generally better to go with AoE, but have a few backup single-target spells available.

So! Who all's looking forward to the weekend? Any big plans, game-related or otherwise?

Hoping to steer the party into joining a caravan so they have a sort of mobile base to work out of.

AGDQ starts this weekend, so that's taking priority over my free time.

TWO GAMES, BACK TO BACK

IT'S FLURRY TIME

What's the MOST TRAGIC backstory you've ever come up with for your characters?

Sometimes I wonder as to your identity, Fennec user.

Did you apply for Rise of the Jade Regent?

I've always wanted to play as a Troll.

But user, you can! Just post /pfg/ OPs!

Onryou is a precious cinnamon bun! Besides, competing for a man is hard work and extremely hot, but I doubt Val and Amalthea would've been in the same party!

This might sound vague, or dumb, but for someone who has next-to-no experience with pathfinder, what kind of knowledge would you consider essential to play?

All the games that were on pause are starting up again.

Today: Werewolf the Apocalypse set in Australia (my character an aboriginal Mokole)
Saturday: A mage the ascension 20th anniversary game (my character a Verbena shapeshifter-serial killer)
Sunday: Irl group playing through Wrat of the Righteous (my character Wizard 13/Archmage 5th tier)

So Gulch Gunners are all about getting grit through provoking AoO and being all up in the enemy's face. What're some good ways to beef up my AC for when those AoOs happen?

Essential knowledge:

Never visit /pfg/ for anything. Ever.

>tfw no campaign focusing on an interplanetary invasion by dimension-hopping imperialist space Elves from Sovyrian.

Sound advice, my friend.

I didn't, no. Best wishes to those who have, but I don't think I'd be a good fit for that game.

So here is my biggest piece of advice. There is no shame in using guides to help yourself out. It's much better to scrape by in competency via a guide than not be competent enough to effect the game.

has some good advice. You can find some great guides at zenithgames.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-comprehensive-pathfinder-guides.html. If you're really stuck on a particular subject, you can always try asking around here, and there's a chance we might be able to answer it for you.

I kind of have the same sort of question, but in my mind, it depends on what you plan on running. Adventure paths, for example you should probably read up on the continent/country/town they're set in. Completely made up adventures require A more solid knowledge of random rules for situational things or a hard set houserule setup for what the dm decides for situations. Knowledge of combat is never a negative, just to make things go that much faster, either. But like said,
>Going to /PFG/ for important info
>ever
Not the best idea

Yeah, no shame in using guides at all. I've written quite a few myself.

Should a DM make regional traits in a homebrew setting?

Either that or adapt some of the preexisting regional traits.

>roll20 adds macro for images on everything
>think of all the cool shit that can be used for maneuvers

Send help lads post gifs of what you think could be a maneuver
>tfw can't find a teleporting gif for eternal guardian

Wow that was a fast reply, thanks.

Absolutely! Everyone loves regional traits, tell us about the homebrew kingdoms and we could help you come up with them!

The adventures of Simon Eshman continue!

Last time, shit hit the fan when the gang ran into a cultist of an undead god of decay. After Simon expertly smited his shit, the cultist blew up in a blast of necrotic energy and killed the Gnome rogue who had aspirations of being a confectioner. The Gnome's corpse then incorporated itself with the cultist's, who proceeded to get away.

So this is really the OP image huh.

New low /pfg/, and I didn't think that was possible.

Not that guy, but mind if I post a homebrew kingdom I've posted on here before? To get the ball rolling.

fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Animations_images

Don't ask /pfg/ for or about anything that doesn't have to do with pathetic "lewd" nonsense or PoW.
Don't parrot /pfg/'s mongoloid opinions.
Don't even browse /pfg/ because there is nothing worth discussing here.
Go to your friends/GM for help on how to play this game.

I hope you're happy in whatever games you're in, and to all the future games you join!

Who do you like out of the RotJR characters? Give us the Fennec-approved cast!

Thanks.

>Go to your friends/GM for help on how to play this game.
My friends think kineticist is OP.

The one I haven't played yet. Exiled from Rahadoum because he did something stupid over a tween crush and didn't take all possible variables into account.

Oh gods I haven't even fully built him yet.

>but mind if I post a homebrew kingdom I've posted on here before?

Give it here!

The one I want to design traits for first is called the Iron Dominion (so if any of you have looked at the larger setting document for Lazy Princess, you've seen it) and it's themed around being a country run by inventors that want to improve the entire world with technology that works alongside magic. It is made up of these groups of inventors called Circles, and each circle sends a representative to what is basically the Senate.

The nation made the airships that the entire world uses and has also made trains that use magic and magnetism to float.

The nation was founded by Dwarves, but people of all races are allowed to move in through a long process and are labeled as Immigrant (this isn't a negative label, it just helps with the census). Immigrants are allowed to become inventors as well, and some Circles have more Immigrants than Dwarves.

Most characters that come from this nation would either use firearms or Psionics (the Dwarves have figured out how to unleash the natural talents of many people after the Immigrants started moving in).

>but for someone who has next-to-no experience with pathfinder, what kind of knowledge would you consider essential to play?
Know that the game is busted and borked right out of the gate. Find peace with that fact, and try to find fun in spite of it

>Country Name:
Capre
>Nickname:
Land of a Thousand Lakes
>Government:
Constitutional Monarchy split into three sections. Thirty years ago the bright and glorious cultural revolution raged and changed the country, forcing the Archduke of Capre to sign several papers. The first was the paper of intent for succession from the larger Deneheian empire. The second was the constitution establish the rights of the people and a two house parliament system. Immediately afterwards they removed his arms so that no noble may "Raise their hands against the people". This has been done to his son as well when he took his position as Archduke. The parliament is separated into the House of Masters and the House of Commons. The house of Commons is made up of any individual with sufficient property value that wishes to speak, and where legislature is introduced. It is a roil of opinions as people come and go on their whims. One not even need be a citizen to speak in the house of commons. The House of Masters is chosen by vote of those qualified to speak in the House of Commons. They vote on legislature introduced.
>Landscape:
Wet and humid, numerous marshes and marshlands cut through the country of a thousand lakes, forcing the people to live in and around water.
>Size:
Single large metropolitan population central named Mordrin, it is a city on a lake with a canal dug to the sea and serves as the trade center of the region. Most other settlements are small, settling onto lakes to feed through the streams and rivers towards Modrin to connect to the outside world. So middling population on a whole.
>Imports/Exports:
Exports: Rice, various fish (large canning industry), duck-wheat, waterfowl, horseradish, lumber (river birch, willow), botanicals, alcohol, textiles, peat
Imports: Iron, Glass, various metal goods, jewelry, hardwoods, cattle, slaves

I'd recommend picking a different nickname, given that "Land of a Thousand Lakes" is commonly used to refer to both Minnesota and Finland.

Too bad.

>Relations:
Strained with the Deneheians due to their leaving thirty years prior they have instead found an ally in the Vilgoths on their other boarder, who have tried to coerce them into joining the larger Republic. They have played with the idea, but for now have maintained their independence.

>Ruler:
Archduke Hadrian Coore, an impotent leader used as a figure head to blame the country's woes on. After the loss of his arms at age 19, his father having passed away, he harbors a bitter hatred for the country. Indeed his life is that of a prison, guards ensuring he does not commit suicide to spite the country, and ensuring an heir is produced.

First Master Morgoth is an elderly man, now relegated to use of a cane. He is the longest standing member of the House of Masters and an important figure in the cultural revolution, having lead the Uprising at Bare Bridge to take the royal manor, despite being out numberd, and he himself being terribly injured. As a war hero he used his prestige to gain power, and now sits atop the country. He is a hard liner against joining the republic.

Master Ulsvar is a former member of the Republic now living permanently in Capre, and is a main voice in it joining the republic.

Master Yiller is the current high master of the military, and the most anti-nobility master, in his mind the Archduke's position should be done away with in its entirety.

Bellegin Moore, master of the Wick Dippers guild, an organization born during the cultural revolution. The Wick Dippers were the first to rebel and numerous artisans flocked to their sides. Now it exists as a monolithic trade entity of patchwork industries. Their control on the country is their ownership of Modrin's docks and most domestic ships. Despite this he has never sought mastership and only occasionally graced the House of Commons with his presence.

Some features I could name it after are:
>the giant canal
>the cultural revolution
>the fact they cut the arms off their nobles
>the absolute fuckton of peat they produce

Anybody?

It probably used to have the name "Bridge of the Empire" as the canal was really important to Denehein. However they may have gotten rid of that name after the cultural revolution.

"Bridge of the World" may also work now that they are independent, but I think that's Panama's nickname.

The character is the leftover husk from a famous and beautiful hero whose mind and soul were utterly destroyed without physical harm, resulting in an adult body with a totally reset baby brain. Said body was recovered by allies but left on the street when it was found that the hero's soul no longer even inhabited it or could be returned to it.

Bad things happened to him obviously, being a developing child who looks exactly like a local legend. But I guess it's more tragic what happened to the prior hero if anything.

what the fuck is that.

Well, if gulch gunner is all staying close, maybe try that one archetype that lets you fight in your enemy's space? Mouser, I think it was called?

>Gulch Gunners
So some minor multiclassing into Alchemist would help. 2 levels of alchemist will net you quite a bit.

Minmaxing AC is relatively difficult, as getting above the "50% miss chance" threshold is expensive. You're not a caster, so you can't rely on shape changing.

What I would suggest a bit of alchemist and using reduce person.

Reduce person + Mutagen

Grab a tentacle at level 2 and just say it's a more prehensile tail, use it to help you reload.

Reduce Person + Mutagen nets you 7 AC since you're already small.

So Gulch Gunner 5/Alchemist 2 would serve you well.

Going into Barbarian would also help, but in a different way via Dodge Roll + Dex Rage.

Maybe grab vivisectionist to replace bombs with a little bit of sneak attack damage.

Is PF as atrocious with non-Medium size classes as 3.5e is? I really can't imagine playing any non-Medium humanoid in any D&D or D&D offshoot without some hardcore house-ruling, because of how shitty they tend to handle it, especially in relation to other party members.

Also what level are you? I can help more if I know.

I'd probably be coming in at level 1 or 2 but I want a better idea of how I'd build it for the future.

Trust us, we tried reporting him for making threads early and shit, but shitposter OP is in bed with the janitors and mods

Glory be to Iomedae!

Apparently the topic can't be reported, otherwise it results in you getting warned. This is what Veeky Forums thinks is okay.

Kind of you to say.

Honestly, there's a lot of characters that seem like they'd be fun to play with in a normal game. Can't really pick favorites.

My Friday campaign got canceled because my GM killed himself. Don't know what we're going to do on the weekend.

What's the closest thing in Golarian to incestuous american trailer trash?
I'm making a character, and I'm wondering where the most degenerate place she could be from is.

As a level 2 Alchemist 1/Gunslinger 1 you'll have:

>24 dex when mutagen'd/reduce person'd
>mithral shirt (can barely afford)
>size bonus
>natural armor

24 AC

>gunslinger dodge

26AC as an immediate action.

I'm sorry man. A friend's suicide is an awful point to be at in life.

I feel like doing it whenever my players no-show my games Tbh. GMing is hard sometimes.

>I'm making a character, and I'm wondering where the most degenerate place she could be from is.

Where's the campaign taking place?

>What's the closest thing in Golarian to incestuous american trailer trash?
The Nirmathi

Is Dragonrider the 3rd party class the only class that allows you to ride a dragon from L1?

Probably the River Kingdoms.

That could be a goblin hut found literally anywhere in the continent. If you were scaling down the worldwound, you'd pass by a squat goblin village on the way down who are strictly there for being CR-appropriate to low level adventurers.

Ogres are literal incest hillbillies. With a side of cannibalism. So anywhere around ogres.

What character are you gonna make for DHB's viva la revoluciĆ³n game?

Fucking this.
There is nothing worse than a player literally bawling instead of taking their turn because they not only had no interest in making their character any good but actively bitched people out for suggesting things *when they complain*

Tyrant Antipaladin.

Think about what you'll do on your turn before your turn comes up.

nothing like smiting people

This guy with the ogres has the right of it. check out the Ogrekin template.

>DHB
>make SJW "CG rebels lol" game
should have fucking known that piece of shit was in bed with Paizo

He's making a what?

There's nothing wrong with seizing the means of production from bourgeoisie scum and delivering it to the people.

But communism is lawful good user

They spelt fascists wrong in the top right corner.

>DHB
>Responsible for decently balanced Unchained Martials and desires to nerf wizards
>Paizo
shoo shoo witch hunter!