/hhg/

HHG/ Horus heresy general
>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

VIIIth thread for the VIIth.

Only a year left for Inferno.

At least we're still getting Custards next month.

link to the last thread : also it's happy primarch edition

29 days to go!

>Year
>not 28 millenia
then it's another delay

warhammer 40 000th edition when ?

>"Due to the unexpected Age of Strife and fall of society as is, we regret to inform that the release of Book 7 will be delayed to a time and date as the Immortal Emperor of Manking unites humanity and gets us back into contact with the printing presses on Mars. In the meantime, here's 3 new Knight heads and a transfer sheet for the 12th legion's 5th chapter 2nd company, 7th platoon 3rd squad."

NLs BTFO.

Thanks m8
And yeah, threads are usually as I bake them, but I was taking a shower so it was beyond my control.
>put a white dot in the eyes
:^)

>Siege Tyrants still don't get models
>Meanwhile, Ultramarines get a HQ kit to represent the Mantle of Ultramar

I remember reading that line in one of the BL books and thinking how weird it was that they took a quote from Albert Fish and put in a book set in the warhammer universe. It actually spoiled my immersion. Is Albert Fish actually some sort of weird cannibal daemon in the Warp now?

>However, we were able to save the additonal Fulmentari heads from the fires so they're limited editon

Are you talking about that shitty limited edition model? Because that's clearly just a Uriel Ventris character reject.

Grand Admiral Thrawn takes over the Imperial war effort against Horus after the Drop Site Massacre because Dorn is too busy being autistic.

How well does he do?

As far as I know, Horus has never painted anything or created any artwork that could be analysed, so Thrawn is probably going to get BTFO.

Kek you're a bit late for that, Imperial clenched Hand.

There's a bit in Angel exterminatus where a German soldier is mumbling "blood for the blood god" while killing a french soldier at Verdun

IRL references in HH are fun.

He takes a look at a single painting of Fulgrim's and figures out all of the enemy positions.

What, he wrote "blown the fuck off"? I don't believe you.

Fulgrim is fucked at least.

>My analysis of this painting shows there's a dude in it. How did I deduce this? When I poke it with my finger it yells at me.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Just like that not-Sigismund command set was a Sigi reject

In Angels of Caliban Curze says children are tasty, Curze eating people isn't new though, in Unremembered Empire there's a bit of Curze hiding aboard the invincible reason casually snacking on the leg of a crewman.

If we're doing pop culture references in BL, in Angel Exterminatus someone points a bolt pistol at some tech priests and says
>Gothic, do you speak it?

Which version of Curze is best?

Fascist Batman who enforced order through terror? (Index Astartes)

A sad insane/broken man who had once been capable of greatness? (Prince of Crows/Night Lords Trilogy)

Slasher killer madman that causes havoc by himself and gives no fuck about his Legion? (Vulkan Lives/Unremembered Empire/Angels of Caliban/etc.)

It's funny because the generic model looks way more EC than Sigismund.

No fucking way.

first one is the best, putting someone like that in charge of a legion show that the emperor is as flawed as his sons

Oh, that line. Yeah, Curzefag splooshed all over it
That isn't cringy, that's awesome. Mainly because lots of SW and WS don't speak Gothic

Falsehood and slander.

>Marines are reading "ancient Terran texts" and called Shakespeare "The Remembrancer Shake-Spire". His plays are taken as literal history.
>Thousand Sons take Lovecraft as "ancient manuscripts" and think it's literal history
>Book of Revelations is read by Magnus at the Council of Nikea
>Malcador quotes the Talmud word for word to Khalid Hassan. Space Arab being trolled by Jews 30,000 years later.
>Malcador has the 1997 Mars Rover in his hall of artifacts
>The Emperor has a line from Ozymandias written on the wall of his lab
>Damon Prytanis killed MLK
>Perturabo is obsessed with Leonardo Da Vinci
>The Eisenstein is named after Einstein
>An actual passage from the Egyptian Book of the Dead is retconned into having been an ancient prophecy of the Horus Heresy
>The Last Church references Garden of Eden, St. Thomas Aquinas, the Siege of Jerusalem in the 1st Crusade, Joan of Arc, and the Beziers Massacre

Endless

>His plays are taken as literal history.

Yup, all three of them.

>The Eisenstein is named after Einstein
You can't be serious user

>>The Last Church
That was fun.
Quite biased, I like bias.

Well the Cult Mechanicus does have Tesla's skull :^)

>Damon Prytanis killed MLK
this is where BL canon ended for me

The Eisenstein is a reference to the filmdirector Sergei Eisenstein, who made the film "Battleship Potemkin". It's a great movie about being there for your friends, do what you feel is right, and oppose those who opress innocent civilians (i:e; horus exterminatusing the entire Istvaan 3 population an innocent brothers).

It was pretty ridiculous just how sophomoric the emperor's arguments against religion were. He could have been soundly refuted by any moderately knowledgeable theologian. It was /r/atheism tier.

Where's that from?

He could have literally googled Eisenstein and gotten the actual reference.

I know! Instead of killing Daemon President JFK :^)
Missed a golden opportunity there. Or rather, orange.

Should he have just said that religion gives power to the warp creatures?

Eisenstein was a famous Russian film maker, and one of his most notable works was about a Russian battleship who rose up in revolt against the corrupt officer class, and when a fleet of Tsarists came to put them down, many of the loyalist fleet turned against their bretheren and joined the traitorous battleship.

It's both, the ship was said to be named after two noted men from the Age of Terra, "one a remembrancer, the other a scientist".

>He could have been soundly refuted by any moderately knowledgeable theologian.

The existence of gods is impossible to either decisively prove or disprove so victory goes to the debater who brings Thunder Warriors.

>used my free shipping voucher on some white scars upgrade parts for some bikes I got cheap

I'll admit it, I'm a sucker for monovisors and those Mk2 shoulders look fantastic

Eh, he was merely inviting a priest to come out of a church he was going to tear down anyway, and his main point was "people is gullible so religions can control them", but he's also the Master of Manipulation himself, not to mention some of the first norms of social conduct were from religions.

Can't argue with that.

>It's both
No. It isn't Einstein, its Gotthold Eisenstein.

>He analyzes Fulgrim's most recent works
>Delves too deep
>Catches the Slaanesh
>Changes sides

He'd just look at the art of Cthonia.

One question, if the loyalists at Istvaan 5 where so clever, why didn't they greet their traitor brothers with 3 hours of orbital bombardment?

Fulgrim* 1 - Loyalists 0

*(Horus put Fulgrim in charge of Istvaan 5).

Thanks user, that's interesting and I'm being honest. I'll be sure to tell that user what you said.
Either Codex Cult Mechanicus or Skitarii
Well that's a load of galley's-ass.

It's a great movie about teaching you how to frame shots on stairs.

Top kek. You made my day.

It's both Sergei Eisenstein and Albert Einstein. Said the ship is named after 2 men from Old Terra, one a remembrancer and one a scientist

It also was Stalinist propaganda. Sergei was basically forced to make movies for Stalin in exchange for the privilege of living through the purges.

Propaganda or not, it's still a great film. The propaganda part is so losely tacked on you could replace the ideology for almost any, and the setting for any kind of setting with ship based warfare, and it would remain a great story. It's a solid story with good structure, the communism is just some shallow glazing, easily replaced by any other.

Welcome to the space mongol horde.

>tfw Stalin forced every product of mass consumption (books, movies, radio, etc.) to have a praise for him at the beginning and end
>Tfw original copies of books from the Stalinist era will have "Comrade Stalin is the greatest genius of mankind" written inside both ends of the cover.

yeah I managed to grab two death watch biker boxes for cheap (I didn't realize how much better of a deal those were than the old bikes) and so with some new torsos, heads and shoulders I should be able to just add some studs to the legs and make them pretty legit.

Got a few Scimitars coming from an earlier order too.

So why were there no female primarchs?

posting superior soviet movie

Emperor didn't see the point in doing extra work to make his genesperm compatible with inferior female body. Same reason G-Shock doesn't make delicate wire frame clocks.

Isn't there a full Power point presentation of all the Primarchs? Anyone got it?

Tell me, fellow Legionaries, what's the best way to set up a Primaris-Lightning?

I'm tempted to just pile on the upgrades, but that gets expensive fast, and I'm not sure it's really worth it given the fragility of the fighter.

I'm still torn on how much I want the actual Outrider models vs the regular bikes.

>so victory goes to the debater who brings Thunder Warriors.
Thunder Warriors are only a debate strategy when facing beaten down old men. When you need to defend your existence against the triumphant master of Terra it works poorly.

No but I have this old classic

>Belorussian partisans
>soviet
Next thing you'll be telling us Bandera's merry band of cutthroats were soviets too.

I run four kraken missiles and the strafing run upgrade. Its the cheapest way to reliably nuke one vehicle.

Because Emperor said so.
Malcador asked why, and the emperor answerd "Because I said so".

As for female astartes.
In Primoginator, Fabius Bile, who is the closest anyone in 40k is to a happy Chaotic Good hero" by our modern standards, saids it's unfair and stupid that only males where allowed to become marines, and hinted that women CAN become marines, they're just not allowed. He even has a female sidekick who he has implanted with geneseed and some Astartes organs.

How do Night Lord players usually run Conrad Kurze? With a unit of Night Raptors?

I used to run him with raptors but i found hes bad at primarch fights and he ruins whatever he runs into before his bodyguard can swing. So i run him alone and murder small squads until the opponents primarch, if he has one, is alone and outnumbered.

>>Gothic, do you speak it?
Seriously?

Yes. An IW warsmith gets annoyed that three ad.mech chitchat in binary with eachother

>extra work
user, making male clones is the difficult part because you need a Y chromosome. For females just repeat the X chromosome everybody has.
I mean, Russ has dog genes, everything is easier than that.
Difficult work my ass, just impregnate a woman so hard her ovum ejects the core and the kid inherits both of your chromosomes.

Or infiltrate her womb like Alpharius, you know who you are. Late Merry Christmas to the kids!

>thisishowIplaynightlords.webm

>He even has a female sidekick who he has implanted with geneseed and some Astartes organs.
;^)

>Mortal regiments serving under the Eight

It depends on what my enemy is, but he's often by himself. His fear shenanigans make him best destroying small units that he can kill easily. A good target is artillery if he can catch it, or heavy support squads and the like. If they've got robots, then he's by himself fishing for the instant death on 5+. Death by Thanatar-cynis is about all the bots ought to be able to do to him. This is all assuming you play with terrain and not on a golf course, since he's small enough to dodge LoS

everything's wrong in that picture

>IW warsmith
Did he tell them that in binharic? That would have been awesome

That's very Night Lords of you, user, you're a credit to your people.

Thank you, user, how reliably does it shut down Spartans carrying Death Stars?

Oh, I see.

I always thought it was neat when Perturabo suddenly speaks ork in Angel Ex.

Anons,

What exactly makes the Lightning better than the Xiphon?

>how reliably does it shut down Spartans carrying Death Stars
Not that other guy, but very.
4 BS5 S8 AP1 armourbane shots have a pretty good chance of exploding any non super heavy.

Customisation, it can be kitted to be a cheap light anti air unit, spam very potent missiles for antiarmour duties, take bomb loads, or even be kitted for anti infantry duties.

Ive only seen a spartan on the table once. I managed to immobilize it turn 1 and it never got moving again. The opponent refuses to run it again.

My lightning always fails me in some hilarious way even with BS 5. If your not running the terror assault or another deep strike list i wouldnt take the lightning anyway. Tanks do the job better and the lightning is a pain in the ass to transport. Also reserves rolls hate me.

I just though of an idea. What would be each primarch's ideal wife. The emperor realizes that all of his children lack any real connection to normal humans and half of them are dangerously unstable. So instead of being a good father and/or role model and talking with the primarchs about not being lunatics and showing that regular humans have value the emperor says fuck it and has Malcador waste his time and effort picking out ideal wives for each of his sons. Regular human women who have been augmented so they won't get ripped in half when they have sex with a primarch.

The question is what would each primarch's ideal wife be like? Personality, appearance, etc.

Does Angry Ron not have a portrait like the other primarchs?

Forgot to mention the lightning did not immobilize the spartan. Two vindicator laser destroyers managed to flank it.

He couldnt sit still long enough for the remembremancer to sketch his face.

Vulkan's wife needs to be able to drink a fuckload of alcohol, because she's going to be getting regularly hammered.

Why is artificer terminator armour not a thing?

Because every suit of terminator armour is a work of art.

What would it get user?

You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say good night to the bad guy!

Because it already has a 2+ save. Asterion Moloc in 40k has an artificer terminator suit. It's just a regular terminator suit for the rules.

fulgrim : feminine penis