Warhammer 40k General

Copy pasted links edition.

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

> Space 0Din's glorious work
dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex - Orks 7th Edition Update [Space Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0

First for expensive bundles.

Second for Magnus is an icecube, Abaddon is a failure and Cadia will never fall!

YOU EXPECTED A FIRST POST

BUT IT WAS ME, DIO!

Rate me.

BLACK TEMPLARS ASSEMBLE!

4th for GW has spoiled that Cadia falls.

I'm too scared to look up how phone IPS are assigned. If it's geography based, that worries me, because there are some /d/viants living near me.

Who is the Darth Vader of 40k?

Is it Abaddon?

Well, nice, our Decurion was already a massive, boring, unwieldy piece of shitty cheese and now they've produced a worse version.
I hope the rest are actually useable, since Cawl apparently only has a 5++ save and no EW. I guess his FnP rerollable helps a bit, but against anything ID he's a 300pt Company Commander.

Pretty much. Modular, interesting decurion when?

Rate my revamped list, lads. Thanks to the Anons who gave me help the other day.

pardon my autismo but plz stop using the term 'Decurion' that's a necron term

>he named all of his dudes
Friendo. Pal. Buddy.

They're all gonna die.

>not Put the Trash back in the Bin edition

I name all my officers and sergeants too

I also play IG, they always live to fight another day

What's the appropriate one, then? AFAIK most people get the wider meaning of "Decurion" or the Necron one from context easily enough.

I play Space Marines, ALL of my veteran sergeants/characters are named after characters from the Metal Gear series. I sometimes also name various goons after my mother base staff.

Please don't be shit

Please don't be shit

Please don't be shit

N-name all your guys.

That's like saying don't use the term MEQ because only space marines are Marine Equivalents.

I love the thallax models from 30k, and have ordered 6 from forge world.

How many autistic reeeees will I get if I field them as space marines?

Running iron hands btw.

+++ Please don't be shit +++

Binary brothers, join us in prayer....

Skitarii user from the other day. How does this list look as a sort of 'build up to a convocation' sort of thing? I really like Kastelans.

Inb4 some tool says the army builder is trash

TWO THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED US DOLLARS

Decurion is specifically a Necron term that caught on with people.

MEQ is catch all term.

Would take multimelta on the devil dogs.

the amount of heavy weapons make you very static, or the HWTs are useless when you advance

exchange rates you oaf

I'm playin' with you man, do as you please.

I don't think he will be by himself, but that mega formation sure is

Leaks when?

>dolarydoos
>real money

Would a Nurgle-only Daemonic Incursion work well?

I figure the Nurglings can infiltrate to tag as many objectives as possible early on and force my opponent to split up to go after them. Furies because I have to have the aux choice. They basically just tag objectives and distract. Then the big boys can go after the weakest links.

Everyone rolls on Biomancy probably. Maybe the princes on Plague since they can get Stream of Corruption and Plague Wind in range easily.

>TWO THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED US DOLLARS

Okay so my old list had a load of melta in it, I was told add more HWT, now I add more of those, I should take less?

Make up your damn minds.

I'd let her tomare my toki, if you know what I mean.

Would calling that kind of formation DEQ make you happy then?

I'm worried about your anti-armour capability, there, even the Neutron Laser can only do so much, which also brings me to the problem of anti-air, since you don't have an Icarus Array.

All in all not a bad build beyond those two flaws.

Would calling you over for my DIK make you happy?

Not a hivemind

Yes

i have what may be a stupid question

so looking at the Traitor Legions book, looking at Death Guard, building a Vectorium.....

I must build 1 core and 1 aux, i am able to have up to 4 command, and any number of additional core or aux......okay check. I totally understand.

why is the command formation red? you get the command benefits for death guard just for running the vectorium, not running the command formation.....so if I have a sorcerer and i run him in the chaos warband he gets obsec....but if i run him as command he doesnt?

can someone help me out here I dont know if there is any special rules for the command formation or why it is red.

oh and does the spawn formation not have any formation benefit? I dont know where the datasheet for the formation is, like what book it is in. it is not in traitors hate or traitor legions books

>Make up your damn minds.
how about listen to different peoples opinion, understand that there is not 'the one true answer' and keep both opinions in mind?

When was the last time you played VS tyranids ?
How many turn did you need to table them ?

...I want more of these.

>Battlescribe : No Inquisition FOC/Formation from IAgent
>List Builder: No FOC from Inquisition Codex, despite behing still relevant

godammit

01010000 01101100 01100101 01100001 01110011 01100101 00100000 01100100 01101111 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01100010 01100101 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01110100 00001010

01010000 01101100 01100101 01100001 01110011 01100101 00100000 01100100 01101111 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01100010 01100101 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01110100 00001010

I've never played against tyranids because the one player at my FLGS doesn't bring them around anymore

The command choice is pretty much there so you can take some additional apostles/DPs/Lords/Sorcs. The spawn formation is literally just 1-3 units of spawn, with no additional benefits beyond it allowing you to add a single spawn to a core choice to get all the benefits of the full detatchment

not all choices in a meta-detachment are formations. I believe it explicitly states "is made of of formations and unit choices presented..."

Basically, if its not in a formation, it only receives the detachments command benefit, not any formation special rules (obviously, because its not in a formation)

>WHAT IS PEN AND PAPER
>WHAT IS MS WORD

my god the future is fucked

reminds me of that story of nasa spending millions to create a pen that writes in space and the russians just used pencils

>WHAT ARE EXCEL

Last time I played against tyranids, I had a casual fun list of like 4 scout squads and 2 tactical squads with a librarian, and some dreadnoughts. I can't even remember how long ago it was, but I tabled the tyranids on turn 3 after my Deredeo killed all 3 of his flyrants, 1 each turn.

To be fair, I pay for War on Murder for captain valentine regardless of whether or not it's useful. I carved those numbers into his hull, so I'm taking the points for it no matter what.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing so I tinkered with it a bit. I think the Cybernetica is a little...bloated to be honest.

How's this?

>300 points
>No EW

he's shit

>casual fun list
>Deredeo

Could you see guys see trukks being able to transport a single deff dread and nothing else? I feel like that would be proppa orky. Literally a massive killing machine roped down to a trukk like that luggage that didn't fit in the trunk of that car.

> Scouts
> CAD

Just like how for some reason Celestine didn't have EW and could only come back once. Yarrick is more of a living saint than her. Hell, Straken could one punch man Celestine out of existence.

how viable would it be to just run like 80x boys in trukks + like 20 meganobz in 2 battlewagons?

This. If you want a handy dandy tool that is actually functional like an army builder, just pre-load all the data into excel. Even beginners can use simple Excel formulas like =sum or =1850 - A1:A20 to make your own army building program.

Then just jot down all the unit points and wargear points and you have your own army building program in Excel spreadsheet form that isn't FUCKING WRONG all the time.

And people who think that shitty picture builder that the newfags keep putting in the OP actually makes "better looking lists" are fucking retarded. That Astra Militarum list made my eyes fucking bleed. I wanted to help the guy set up his special weapons and HWT loadouts but as soon as I opened it and saw a bunch of little faggots displayed there I closed it immediately.

>not naming your soldiers
How can they be literally YOUR DUDES if you don't name them?

>he doesnt double deredeo + Knight Archeron in casual games.

Scouts are the best non-biker troop for a CAD. "Scouts" and "CAD" describe grav centurion deathstars too, so you're kind of wrong.

He's T6, he'll face tank str 10 all day long

>He doesn't number them expendable guardsmen #1-100

shigdig

>he is so poor he can still name is dudes

Literally didn't happen

A single inventor spent less than one million dollars developing a pen that would write in space after NASA decided they needed a writing device with a medium that was non-flammable in a 100% oxygen atmosphere (this was right after the apollo fire disaster). Lead used in pencils at the time was conductive and they didn't want pieces of it breaking off, drifting into ICs, and short circuiting stuff.

The guy who developed them had a contract with NASA and sold them for less than $3 a piece but people still smugly tell the "They used a pencil lol" story for some reason.

themoreyouknow.jpg

>
> >not naming your soldiers
> How can they be literally YOUR DUDES if you don't name them?
I did the bad paintjob,
I assembled the arms all wrong
my fingerprints in the residue glue and paint are all over them

They are my dudes...

>faction known for flying monster spam
>bring anti-flying monster unit
>he turns with a flying monster list
>gets tabled

How can you be so rich you lose the ability to name things?

>not naming veterans and sergeants

not very

boyz in general aren't very good, bikers are the only really good option.

>He doesn't take all his men as conscripts who then survive and become regular guardsmen
>Who then become veterans if they survive
>He doesn't have a list build on how well his army plays

They have to earn a name user.

>Negrons complaining about people using their word

No one has names in my Space Marine chapter.

To have names is to have individualism is to have a life not completely devoted to the sole, singular purpose that my chapter lives, breathes, and dies for:

fucking xenos in the ass

Reposting Blood Angels newbie, second attempt at list. Still feel like the first detachment is weak. Open to a complete rework if anyone has any suggestions. I'd just like to keep drop pods and the Terminators.

They have an order that allows them to fire and then run in the same turn. It's not that static with heavy weapons in a Guard army. Plus it's Guard, they are a more static army.

Not to mention, with how many Psykers he has, he can roll on the Biomancy table and use Endurance to make them Relentless.

It can be confusing, but with differing opinions like that I think it's best to play and see how it works out. Heavy weapons are good. If read above there are options to make them useful on the go.

This. After 10 years of stomping my buddies nids into the ground, my castellan was promoted to marshall and given the title "slayer of tyrants"

True, but the amount of ID weaponry in this game is rather large, It's similar to the AP2 bloat thing. He can tank Demolishers all day, but one lucky bonesword or psychic power hit and he's gone.

Gotta start somewhere, user.

Decurion didn't "catch on". It was literally the first and only one of its kind until more came out. When the second one rolled around, which was Space Marine I think, everyone just said "the Space Marine Decurion" and not Gladius or whatever it was. Then when the third one came out, guess what people remembered more. Was it Gladius? Was it whatever the new one was called? No. It was fucking DECURION.

> I'm new to 40k so I apologize if this question is retarded

Blood Angels can take locator beacons on every tac squad right? Is that why you have shitloads of Terminators?

Like, you drop pod in regular marines behind enemy lines and then teleport in terminators and before you know it your enemy has all sorts of units up their ass?

thank you guys!

how woukd one name 1200 guardsman and 90 tanks?

The lead in pencils is still conductive. You can try it yourself.

My employees have numbers; my corporations have names.

You have 1200 Sergeants and Officers?

ez

random rolls on a d100

Where do you guys buy your shit?
I usually bought from waylandgames but there are a loads of shit not in stock so I just went to gamesworkshop site to see the prices they have, I thought that hell, how high can the prices be compared to those from waylandgames considering that they must make a profit too from distribution and shit.
I just compared the price of the Burning of Prospero box...
Waylandgames sells it at 93.82 bucks.
Games Workshop sells it at 315 bucks...

What the flying fuck?
How?
Why?

Where the fuck do you guys buy your shit? And please tell me you're not paying GW prices.

> how would one name 1200 guardsman and 90 tanks?

>not naming every individual troop, and personalizing each of them so they all look different from each other with their own backstory.

Also the pencil shavings where an hazard in space, so a replacement was needed either way

Your prices are set to NZ or AU or something. Also GW sells products at 50% to retailers.

I feel bad when I go to my local GW to pick up webstore only orders and the guys there are like, 'hey buy something help me out' and I'm like 'naw lol I can get 20-30% off at other places' I say this in my mind of course I wouldn't be that rude to a red shirt's face

Mathhammer-wise Cawl will take 30% of the AP2 wounds he is dealt, so a little bit better than a 3++ once you factor in his Feel No Pain.

Honestly, would it have killed them to give him Eternal Warrior? Any random Space Marine sarge can have it, loads of people have it as relics. I'd take a 40pt upgrade.

I get most of my stuff from Goblin Gaming, but I buy small stuff like paints and 5-packs of Chaos Cultists from the local GW just to be nice and for convenience.

I buy everything from eBay usually since they almost always have at least 20% or more off MSRP. I don't really gear well with Wayland and Warstore with their shipping prices. Plus you can order bits and stuff, and then there's the rare time you get an actual auction and pay pennies.

I actually didn't get homers but I should probably free up points to get at least one of those in there.

I order my big shit online. I think "pay where you play" is sorta important but they charge full GW prices and I just can't afford that. I'll still try to buy my paint and occasional small units there or whatever to support the place though.

I'd buy from waylandgames in a heartbeat but they don't ship to the US.

i would give the sarge a combi melta, if you can squueze that in somehow.
The inferno pistol on the Chaplain probably wont see much use.