Who else is fucking sick and tired of newbies getting into 40k misunderstanding chaos to the point that they don't see...

who else is fucking sick and tired of newbies getting into 40k misunderstanding chaos to the point that they don't see anything wrong with it?
especially slaanesh

"muh dickgirls, muh tentacles, muh every fetish"

like 10% of the lore for slaanesh actually involves sexual shit. It's more about pleasure overall.

fucking chaosfags

Point me to a Slaaneshi Daemon without tiddies.

DAEMON, newfag.

point me to a slaaneshi daemon that doesn't focus more heavily on drugs than on their tiddies

Not one Slaanesh daemon is actively doing drugs, but even the weird anteater horse thing has tits.

I don't really see how the boobsnake is related to drugs.

you've got me there.

still bugs me that people see slaanesh and the other chaos gods and treat it like they're having a massive fucking party.

"oh, sure I'll burn out of all emotions and feelings in a couple of weeks but hey, it's better than the strict rules of the imperium"

who fucking knew that a tabletop war game was going to make me empathize with the parents from dirty dancing

No one actually misconstrues the meaning. Except, the devoted of Slaanesh are clearly having a good time some of the time. Otherwise no one would ever sign up. Some anons would just become cultists is all.

>Implying that's not a demon
Then what is it, an angle?

the way I've always thought about it is that none of the active cultists are actually having a good time. It's the people who are falling to chaos that are having the party. Once you get off the roller coaster of drug fueled orgies that burn out your very soul you get off of the ride and vomit into the complimentary trash can and don your armor for the glory of slaanesh. because you can't find anything to please you anymore. All you find is a group that promises you pleasure if you do its bidding.

Doom rider is most certainly having a good time. So is Lucius.

The point isn't that they aren't enjoying themselves. The problem is that they can't ever stop and if they do they realize how impossibly fucked they are. They have long periods of good times punctuated by incredible lows that usually end in suicide.

Well that's the point. A Cult of Slaanesh pulls you in with the hedonism and excess on the surface. But once you're in it's time for the pain, body horror, and death and it's too late.

.Then what is it, an angle?

Don't be obtuse.

I like that this covers the full gamut of Slaaneshi. The artists trying to perfect his craft. The egotist trying to perfect themselves. And the hedonist trying to find the perfect pleasure, in this case food.

are you implying that the boobsnake isn't the biproduct of games workship downing two mountains of cocaine and a can of monster?

Sayin that joining a cult is bullshit is like saying taking strong highly addicitve power drugs is bullshit. It kight be true, but people still do it, and have a god damned good reason for it.

Did you really expect Slaneesh not to attract queers?

you've got me there

That's a Chaos Space Marine.

A marine from Chaos Space.

>41st millennium
>not being a space from marine chaos

Do Daemon Princes count?

big ol tiddies on this one

That one kinda looks like a Khornate Daemon Prince, palette swapped.

of course he's got tiddies, he's wearing a brassiere ain't he?

the brazier is for his torches

I bet dollars to donuts that thing's got like fifteen tits.

I'll be as acute about this as I want to and nothing you can say will convince me you're right, straight edge

>That one no fun allowed guy in the left corner
>Stop moving ffs I'm trying to draw

>Slaanesh daemonette summoned

Okay, now what?

Slaanesh has a pretty diverse portfolio. You'll find gluttonous superfatties alongsides starved diet nuts, warriors obsessed with perfect martial form and flamboyant peacocks, and pastic surgery victims who got one too many and look like a hideous patchwork of scars. If it's excessive, obsessed with perfection or hedonistic, Slaanesh's got it.

It's just that some aspects are more interesting than others, so they get more attention.

If you don't think that's the tightest shit then get out of my face.

>Once you get off the roller coaster of drug fueled orgies that burn out your very soul you get off of the ride and vomit into the complimentary trash can and don your armor for the glory of slaanesh. because you can't find anything to please you anymore. All you find is a group that promises you pleasure if you do its bidding.

I like to think that lot of it is keeping the flame of passion lit, whether its enacting it or seeking it (so you're not wrong in your assessment). much like said in his first sentence. Doom Rider and Lucius as been doing their thing for thousands of years and still enjoying it in one expression or another.

or another example, the artist in pic, he may trying ways to improve his works or make the new masterpiece, or he may go about the galaxy, seeking that "new" inspiration. he may also produce more work by the bucket load until his passion overloads him and goes crazy, or he may even suffer to think of/produce a piece until he finds that high of sweet relief of being about to finally make a piece he deems good enough for public/private consumption.

>tl;dr
Slannesh is all about the experience. From finding the roller coaster, getting in line, cresting the top, speeding downward, stepping off, puking your guts out, and either trying it again or do something else. you still paid for the amusement (or the lack of in some cases)

I hate newbies that hear "chaos" and instantly think it's some "lerandum XD" shite faction.

> "tiddies are sexual"
What? Aren't tiddies motherly? Vagina is sexual, sure, but breasts? They are more about giving life and breastfeeding and supporting the offspring and shit. Saying that tits are a symbol of excess makes no sense.

They're shit if they pick Slaanesh over Nurgle.

What about fake tits that are xbox hueg but totally incapable of lactation? That's decadent for sure.

Bullshit, tits are about being squeezed and pushed into my face you faggot.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean OP
I've been with 40k since 2nd edition so I'm not new, but I am down with Chaos
I'm down with Slaanesh
And I know exactly what I'm doing

>with slaanesh
>knows what you're doing

Really it just shows how fucking far our morals have eroded.

Its always irked me how Slaanesh is meant to be the weakest of the Gods, and Khorne the oldest and strongest.

If anything you'd think Khorne would be more of the niche god. I can only think of specific, limited circumstances in which anyone would willingly dedicate themselves to Khorne - rebels struggling against overwhelming opposition, or someone out for revenge, for example - but just about anybody could find the appeal in Slaanesh.

Slaanesh gets described as one of the strongest depending on what you read. He is so strong the other 3 gods get squeemish around him (tzeentch is still the strongest though by quite a bit, he technically embodies the warp in essence)

this is so fucking stupid.
There were people talking about how good Chaos was back in second edition. People were idealizing Slaanesh in the early nineties.
Unless our morals eroded like a coastal resort in between the release of Rogue Trader and the first guy to think "Hey! This sounds like actually a pretty good time" then I think you're a dingus.b

>It's more about pleasure overall
It's about Excess.

slaanesh is pure libidinal excess and enjoyment

this is symbolised by simply sex drugs and black metal, but all chaos gods are represented by the most symbolic extravagant personifications

its about ''perfection'' in the sense that the libidinal force gets sublimated into shit like appreciating beauty, complexity, functionality, effectivnes, deriving pleasure from pain or overindulgent etc... this is just more surplus enjoyment

like that story about a ig regiment that turned to slaanesh while practicing a drill to perfection

Khorne is a warrior god but as other warp gods he is more than that. At his basic he is the antithesis of Nurgle. He is confrontation and ability to rise up to the challenge and topple your adversaries. To challenge him and his followers is to give them more power for they thrive on challenges and overcoming obstacles.

theyre also a mass murder cult tho

That aspect of overcoming obstacles and advancing oneself is more Tzeentch's thing desu.

And there's another thing that triggers me, Tzeentch simply being described as the god of sorcery when he's something far more important than that.

Its an awful shame that the chaos gods are such an interesting concept yet they're condemned to the hands of GW.

I mean they're quite willing to write Slaanesh out of AoS lore and replace him with a flavourless nurgle-imitator just so they can sell more models to thirteen year olds.

More like serial murder. Mass murder doesn't have enough personal attention given to each worthy opponent.

Tzeentch is more about circumventing obstacles through different routes. Khorne is about training montage after which you beat enemy on his own field.

Indeed, Tzeentch in it core is unending ambition.
Opposed by nurgle which is eternal stoicism.

Khorne and Slaanesh are a lot les diametrically opposed.

One could argue that Khorne is about the results or end; bloody murder, while Slaanesh is about the method or means; doing it perfectly.

But even that shifts between the two as khornates do have martial pride, and slaaneshi do seek the rush and reward.

Well it's actually as it should be. There is a couple of easily identified elements that can be explained to retarded cultist masses and those with brains and skills get to know more. That if you go far enough borders of the gods become a little fuzzy and they start to bleed through each other.

Hence Chaos Undivided.

>thirteen year olds.
But thirteen years old like titties

I'd say the difference between Slaanesh and Khorne is one of internal vs external.
With Slaanesh, everything you do you do for the Me, I want this, I want that, I want to be perfect and have it all, feel it all, me-me-me.

With Khorne, you are dedicated to the god, he's external, he doesn't give a fuck about you, if you die, that's just as good as the other guy dying, any power you gain is merely to improve your killing capacity for His greater plan.
Slaanesh is Libertarian as fuck, Khorne is Collectivist (Or rather, Military minded).

Nugle/Tzeenthc also have their Despair/Contentment-Hope/Frustration
overlap.

Perhaps they would but the presence of Slaanesh makes it harder for GW to market their shit to children, which is the market they really want

The question is then what draws people to Khorne?

Well trying to use another turn of phrase - Khorne is not so much about results or end as he is about achievement. It is different from results. You can get results many ways and some of them much easier than what Khorne demands from his followers (see Tzeentch). But instead you have this set of rules. They are rigid and unyielding and may constrain you a lot but to get to the end of the road while maintaining them is much greater achievement and more rewarding than if you throw them aside and start doing some underhanded shit.

You don't have to bother with the why, how and you.

No more fear or uncertainty, he is might, might makes right.

Khorne and Slaanesh are opposed on the basis of displeasure vs pleasure.

are yo saying khornates don't take pleasure in the murder? or that the victims of slaanesh enjoy it?

You hope it has the same idea you do.

Khornates are very angry people.
Victims feelings are inconsequential, though often with Slanesh they will enjoy it anyway.

It's a death cult. You'll find plenty of auto-destructive young people craving for a bit of purpose. It feels good initially. Your life gains some meaning, your destructive tendencies have an outlet. Then it slowly gets worse and worse. What used to be a few boxing matches a month gradually becomes a weekly or daily thing. Then you start escalating things. Maybe you join the army or become the local hired muscle. Gradually the violence and eventual killing becomes your purpose and somewhere along the line a cult picks you up and one day you wake up one day with skull tattoos, blood on your hands and a deep hatred for those pansy artists.

That's the whole thing about Chaos that people generally miss. It draws you in through seemingly innocuous things and gradually escalates things. Nobody becomes a berserker over night.

>Nobody becomes a berserker over night.

Unless it was a really bad day. Just one bad day.

They may but for them the pleasure isn't the point. Khornate cultists are basically nihilists who just want to kill everything while Slaaneshi cultists try to find ever greater enjoyment for themselves.

Let's put it this way. If you fought a Khorne cultists he would kill you with skill and efficiency and then move on without much ceremony. Maybe he'd keep a trophy if you were a good opponent. A Slaaneshi on the other hand would toy with you, show off his skills, taunt about how good he is and how bad you are. Eventually, when he beats you, he might not even kill you immediately but take you prisoner so he can torture you and prolong the misery even more.

It's the difference between a cold killer and a sadist.

efficiency vs. excellence

Khorne is basically islamist radicalism, you get to shout allahu akbar a lot and blow shit up.

The issue here is that you think a Chaos God needs worshipers to grow in power. Khorne is violence and war. Violence and war have been part of reality since life came into being, and in the 41st millennium, they're at their height. This feeds him directly.

>In the grim darkness of the far future there is only WAR
>Why is the war God the most powerful?

Nurgle is the oldest chaos God and Khorne is tied for strongest with Tzeentch.

That's an unfair characterisation of Slaanesh deamons!

>What? Aren't tiddies motherly? Vagina is sexual, sure, but breasts?

Different cultures sexualize different parts of the body.

For example, in some cultures a man having copious amounts of chest hair is a sign of virility, while in others chest hair is disgusting and a sign of being unkempt.

Western cultures, specifically American ones, sexualize breasts myself included

>That's the whole thing about Chaos that people generally miss. It draws you in through seemingly innocuous things and gradually escalates things. Nobody becomes a berserker over night.

Fucking this. It's very, very rare that Chaos openly shows it hand when converting people to its cause. 99% of the time (especially when a mortal is involved) they don't know they've joined a Chaos Cult until it's far, far too late, and by that point they're in so deep the only way to go is deeper.

>like that story about a ig regiment that turned to slaanesh while practicing a drill to perfection

Mind sharing a link or posting it? Sounds extremely interesting.

It's worth noting that there's also a goat.

He is perfecting the art of ass-goring and is actually a senior cult member.

well hes certainly had the majority of the cult behind him for years

Isn't the point of chaos is that it's a manifestation of mortal's emotions and desires, but twisted Wishmaster style? Eg:

Khorne : I want to fight for my people, and I want to win (Doomed to do NOTHING but fight and kill, aimlessly even)

Tzeentch: I want to be better than I am (The Changer of Ways changes you in ways you never expected - or wanted. Just as planned.)

Nurgle : I don't want to change, I don't want things to change (Stoic to the point of ignoring life-threatening plagues and diseases on your own body)

Slaanesh : I just want to feel good and be happy. (Pleasure and happiness are pursued to excess until what gets you off becomes pathological)

Then again, why? Why not give them what they hope for without any twisting wishes nonsense. It would be much easier to recruit people that way.

Most of the 40k fanbase are a bunch of detestable, unlikeable assholes that go on a spergrage when it's not "MUH WAY" but the newfags are the absolute fucking worst. Always cancerous, always screeching references instead of talking like people, always refusing to fucking listen to anyone just a tad more experienced.

I once heard a fucking idiot say that an ork can survive decapitation for years upon years and he went full spectrum on me when I dared say "no, that's stupid." I'm glad I got tired of the stupid setting.

I think it's part of the whole 'Chaos Corrupts' thing. Chaos twists human desires to evil conclusions, otherwise they wouldn't be Chaos, they'd be super happy fun friends.

What I understood from the whole discussion before was, cults don't outright tell you about the berserkergang, reality warping, pain orgies or even space cooties at first. It's like marketing. "Yeah come on in, we got what you want" but then shit escalates. Eg: cultist gets in, is really into it and is then blessed by Daddy Nurgle.

"But I don't want space cooties."

"These are blessings! You should be glad."

"Well I'm not. I'm going to see a doctor."

"A doctor would change you. Isn't remaining the same what you want?"

By signing up in the first place, intentionally seeking chaos blessings or not, you've accepted the cult's code of behavior, and have to live by the rules or you get made an example of. Soon shit will escalate and by then it's too late.

They don't "recruit" people. People get corrupted by Chaos by being greedy, shortsighted, impulsive, by craving power...... It's not like there's people going door to door saying "have you heard the word of Lord Khorne?"

That type of thing happens when the gods want to play a cruel joke on you.

Fucking Doomrider of course.

Of course, it always starts slow. Think drug dealers or Scientology gurus. First you get an invitation to a party, everyone's having fun, there's loud music, strong booze and hot strippers, then suddenly the entertainment turns extreme - you get your first taste of highly illegal drugs and the kinkiest sex orgy you've ever had. And before you know it, you're in the cult of Slaanesh. At that point, there's no turning back - even if you somehow had to exceptional ability to resist the additction of extreme pleasure that leaves you crazing for more, the Inquisitors would kill you for fraternizing with Chaos no matter what. No time like the present to discard all morals and fall completely.

>It's not like there's people going door to door saying "have you heard the word of Lord Khorne?"

I think it does, user, but how are we going to get the inquisitor's cheesecake into the Vox network?

kek.

What does Hashut represent exactly? Soulless industry?

So basically this is a more typical Slaanesh worshipper. I like that headcanon.

Nurgle is also about overcoming obstacles, but more about overcoming them because circumstances force you to.

Nah, Nurgle is about giving up.

Except that on chapter master metioned in the CSM codex who killed ah whole Planet with a chainsword because he felt bad about the losses he suffered against the World Eaters.

It's not even headcannon. Look at the slaaneshi cult artwork

THE first muder happened before the Black Death so khorne is older, or was that Drach'ynen

Yeah, that's a recurring theme among marines. They're all super loyal and all but when they fall they fall hard.