/pfg/ - Pathfinder General

Pathfinder General /pfg/

SSSAVAGE! Edition:

Talk about how brutal and metal your Barbarians, Rangers, Hunters, Druids, Bloodragers, and Skalds are.
NEKROOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU (embed)

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/traits/regional-traits/metamagic-master
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So question, in a theoretical setting where the connections your world has to the elemental planes have been cut off, thus negating any magical sources of those elemental attacks, spells, or boosts, and reopening the gates to those planes would mean war with the beings who reside there, what would your plan be to survive the oncoming attack when someone inevitably tries to open the gates?

(I'm aware this question relies on assumptions about how magic works in PF that may or may not be grounded in the reality of the setting, but just work with me here, it makes sense that in much the same way that positive/negative energy draws from their respective planes that elemental magic does the same thing)

Force damage.

Well, surely Resist Energy and the like works, so it just means being unable to add Blasters to your forces, and instead stocking up on the eight or so other general categories of classes.

Have you found a QT elf to confess your love too yet, /pfg/?

Has anyone here played in the Cerulean Seas setting? How did you like it?

Stock up on Resist Energy spells, gather a force worthy of Mordor, and open one specific gate while resisting the energy type of your chosen plane.

Repeat as needed

A shame too, because the setting was interesting enough to draw me in.

@Lazy-Princess-GM: You gotta know your audience man.

What if I *am* the QT elf?

I think the guy was genuinely autistic, I messaged him earlier and communication was... confusing.

And it's gone now too.

Time we all just forget about it.

I am the qt.
And also brown and smol.

>lazy princess cancelled
>heist cancelled
Were we born only to suffer?

What happened to Heist GM?

That doesn't excuse you. Find another QT.

I flaked.
Read; got a job offer.

see
Probably panicked at having to actually interact with strangers.

I found this one somewhere in the back room behind some old boxes filled with scrolls. Can I keep her?

No, but hopefully the other campaigns get cancelled so I don't have to suffer.

Yes. She will never see the throne now.

I figured I'd look here because it's starting to get confusing, what's up with all the listings that have the same general ruleset going up and down on Roll20?

I know man, but NEET life is slowly killing me. Hopefully I can work something out once my schedule settles down.

S-shit.
One second, pls.

RIP

Just messaged Princess DM, tone was a lot different.

Said a housemate was trying to use his work-in-progress for the game.

Looks like we got rused by a roommate, lads.

Fucking rusers, feels bad man.

>It was merely a trick!

And this is why you always turn your computer off.

That sounds like the dodgiest excuse imaginable, honestly.

There's still Molthune and Pendragon Academy and RotJR!

Dismissal and banishment spells.

Is that really an effective long term strategy when all you're doing is just sending them back from the plane they literally JUST came from?

>Molthune
When will the GM tell us?

>mfw yet another boring 5e session
>Session was only ran because no one had anything better to do
>Group plays Adventure League even when the store event
>They pick modules based on e-peen rather than actually enjoyable modules
>mfw they keep fucking getting rules massively wrong
>mfw I actually want the aspergers of 3.p as an alternative now
What is happening to me

Oh shit, a pfg where op is not a fag and there re no furry titties in sight

I commend you

Found mine.
And she's perfect.

>posting a picture of a man's breasts is nonfaggotry
>posting a picture of a woman's breasts is faggotry

I've got bad news for you

Well of course you would, Asmodeus.

Go to bed, Benny!

You're realizing that you can go from clueless to autistic about the rules, but you can't go back.

>Princess game cancelled
Only now I realise that the GM had something like 3400 hours under his belt and 6 GM'd games and was claiming to be a new GM.

I want to sell a rogue an item that auto-confirms crits, but only want it to apply for +/- a few hit die so he can't wear it forever. (mostly because of called shots).

What should I be looking at to balance the pricing, or does such an item already exist?

I bet 4 to 1 odds that Fluffy Tails 2 dies.
GM of that one even made a throwaway account for it.

It's a possibility!

GM did say not to bother building character sheets if you don't want to except if selected, so it's a big bonus point in their favour that they aren't looking to maliciously cancel.

I wanted to play an illiterate, savage barbarian, but I ended up role-playing a huge nerd with an axe and a desire to negotiate.

What's the deal with Skalds? They can talk people off ledges, right?

I feel that stealing the Fluffy Tails premise from the original GM was a bit of a malicious move in the first place.

I want to play a gestalt using the gonzo ungermaw. Which spellcaster class should I choose to combine with?

The Truenamer from 3.5.

First time I heard about that one.

Tomorrow I run my first session in a few years, I'm running Giantslayer. I've already done some re-writes (including some PoW stuff, a few psionics, etc), any advice anyone wants to give me?

(Silly Captcha, a street lamp is not a road sign)

Not really. Fluffy1 wasn't going to run for 3 months, and can in fact still run the campaign when he wants to.

Now this is malicious. Truenamer is a tier 6/7 class which gets worse as you level up.

Then which class you do suggest?

Two months.
Fluffy 2 is only just running 1 month early, and with the knowledge that Fluffy 1 has some confidence issues.

Like, they haven't done anything objectively wrong, but it's kind of a minor dick move.

That's because it's a shit class that's known for getting worse as you level up, since you have to beat a scaling DC 15+(2xCR) to cast a spell on something.

It doesn't become worse, it just scales to level-appropriate monsters *extremely* badly. You don't get worse at killing the same goblins you killed yesterday or something.

Psht, I didn't suggest it out of malice. I suggested it because it's funny.

Don't forget the part where the DC to cast any spell from your class increases by 1 each time you successfully manage to cast a spell in a day.

Paladin. Yoy hunger for justice!

You would think the next step for DSP would be to make their very own ruleset.
They have done half of it already

They did. Well, except it was less "their own" and more "copied from M&M 3e with slight alterations". Then they put out a playtest, got called out on that and that was the last we've heard of it.

>basing their rules on the single worst RPG

topkek

>single worst RPG
Ahem.

Wraethu or FATAL or Race War or whatever the fuck you want to bring up aren't real games that people actually play

M&M is a legitimate rpg played by lots of people that is terrible as fuck, spending 500 pages to finally arrive at the same place FAE does in 20

Sad to see it go. Was making a character and was going to finish it after work. Now what am I going to do with all these numbers?

Don't fret too much, user! A GM who bails via lack of positive reinforcement was unlikely going to last for long! Hopefully it was an experience that benefited him in planning a game!

That makes me fret more for not contributing enough good vibes to keep GM interest! But really though, it sounded fun and could've fit with my shitty schedule.

Are you calling my top 3 games of all time forever BAD, user? How dare you.

All these blaster guides advise me to take both magical lineage and metamagic master for fireball but its ok to switch one of them out for a different trait right? I am not expecting to even learn Fireball until some time later anyway

>metamagic master

that trait is a fucking meme and doesn't even exist

Is it supposed to be Wayang Spellhunter or something?

yes

d20pfsrd.com/traits/regional-traits/metamagic-master ?

How do monsters gain levels?

They don't, unless they're PCs. Monsters don't gain levels, they're assigned extra templates or monster classes by the DM.
DSP did some monster classes, but otherwise, you just buff them with templates, or pick other monsters.

The same way as adventurers, but with the adventurers on the receiving end.

Yeah but anyway, theres nothing wrong with not taking both magical lineage and wayang spellhunter as a blaster right? I wanted to increase my initiative instead

Are you the guy who's been worried about blasting his teammates?

There is never a wrong time to take initiative boosting traits. Do you have a low dex, or a high dex? If it's low, then take noble scion (war) to get cha to init instead of dex.

If it's high, take one of the +2 init traits.

Go for it!

Huh, how did you guess? I suppose there is not that many people in this general

You've been agonising over this character for 4 threads now! It's not too hard to see.

But that's fine! Being worried for your first character is normal. Some of the guides sometimes skip over other important things, like being able to protect yourself in a fight, and the importance of going first.

But in my opinion, the most important thing is to have fun with the group, and see if you can't have fun while roleplaying and getting into the game. Once you've got your character roughly in a good position, you should think more about their story, how they'd act like, and what sort of things they like or dislike rather than obsessing over numbers too much. That's also an important thing to a character!

Makes sense. I guess if there's not the kind of ecology to support it then they just make deals with devils or demons or outsiders or whatever.

>unless they're PCs
Can you scry to determine PC status, or if someone has a "levelable soul" or whatever?

Thanks a lot user! It's not actually my first character but it is the first dedicated blaster I have made. I was nervous because I have never made one before and I have been fed the idea that blasting is the least efficient option and all that. Yet I wanted to make one anyway to indulge in the pure beauty of explosions

There's a couple of 3rd party wondrous items that provides hints, like Scar of Destiny and so on. Search for "metagame artifacts".

But no, not really.

You walk the true path.

Advice given in a guide doesn't equate to doctrine, you can do whatever the fuck you want. It's smart to take both so you can get the most efficient use out of whatever spell your build is based around, but you're not being held at gunpoint to do so.

Hey, thanks!

I'll try to stop taking things so seriously. But I'm glad to know there's a whole class of nonsense based on what I was thinking.

That's, uh, a manga, not an actual pathfinding class.

Just a, um, heads up.

>actual pathfinding class

The Pathfinder Society is a bunch of over-leveled and out-of-touch bureaucrats, right?
who would listen to those old fogies when it comes to what actually happens in the wild?

None of them have souls anymore, unless they're destined Leaders of Men, right?

>M&M is a legitimate rpg played by lots of people that is terrible as fuck
What, even worse than dnd 3.x?

I've been looking to make more supportive type characters, ones that mechanically work well with other characters and helps everyone do better. Any recommendations for stuff that's more unusual or has fun mechanics, 3rd party or otherwise? I like the lifeleech/sadist Vitalist and Mesmerists as an example of style and really liked playing a Bleak Clerk which could fish out potions and scrolls from a bag, but any other 3rd party or regular classes/archetypes would be cool to know to help round out my options. I also vaguely remember some playtest class that used to be linked here with healing and supportive abilities, but I can't remember the name of it for the life of me.

Also if anyone knows of classes based around artistry or creation. Tinkers and artificers in general, but also more specific a class that could use paintings or sculptures to create or replicate monsters/items is a concept I've had in mind. Something like psions specializing in astral construct, Demiurge, maybe summoners, or the artistic summoner kineticist. Just trying to learn more fun things I could play.

it's worse than Pathfinder.

My friend who's not /pfg/ related just told me Lazy Princess was cancelled of the WW1 German field medic, is that true?

I'm also amused that she found the game yet hates /pfg/ and everything that relates to it, but eh

>My friend who's not /pfg/ related just told me Lazy Princess was cancelled of the WW1 German field medic, is that true?
It was cancelled. Reasons are unclear. If you want, you can PM the guy who was doing it to ask why.

was cancelled because*

Also holy shit Captcha making me go through 6 different pictures

Is there any Sphere ability that allows you to heal undead?

I suppose Fast Healing shapeshift from Alteration would work.

Manipulate Undeath from the Death Sphere.

How did I miss that one. Thanks user.

Does seems like a more efficient use of the spell point though. Atleast for out of combat healing. FH 1 as long as you concentrate.

Anybody care to share some of their favourite stories from campaigns they've been in? I'll start

>Be a standard fighter, cleric, wizard and rogue party
>In a lair hunting something that's been killing villagers
>Plagued by low level creatures like skeletons and goblins
>Party manages to pacify some of the goblins, and they learn that they're hunting a dragon
>They move on to The lair, and peek at a dragon, seeing how ridiculously overpowered it is
>They go back, and recruit a shitload of the goblins by promising treasure
At this point I'm laughing at this, and as GM, I tell them if they roll a diplomacy check they can hire them as mercenaries.
>Natural fucking twenty, plus a diplomacy skill bonus
What followed was an epic battle, in which the fighter and rogue both lead their own goblin squads to fight a dragon. Probably one of my favourite moments ever, especially when they jammed a goblin down it's throat to disable it's breath attack.

Fast healing talent from the Life Sphere.

For me its a simple story, once the blaster in my party shot at a monstrous plant. By all rights, it should have hit given the chances and the fact it was a stationary plant. And then the plant rolled 20 on ref save

"THE PLANT DODGED"

Good idea too! But Alteration Fast Healing does still seem to take the cake in terms of efficiency for out-of-combat healing.

I'm fond of Monk (Sensei, Ki Mystic), who grabs Bodyguard, Helpful, Fools for Friends and Creed of Protection.