What game system would you use for magic students doing magic student things?

What game system would you use for magic students doing magic student things?

Hard mode: The mechanics, lore, and interaction thereof still have to make sense after they graduate.

>Which girl Adventures

It's pretty amateurish in parts but. It's pretty much exactly what you asked for. It's got a good straight forward magic system however.

>Transformation Fetish: The Game

I'm not saying there's none of that but it's less than TG makes out...

Ars Magica.

What kind of tone do you want the game to have? This is important.

>The mechanics, lore, and interaction thereof still have to make sense after they graduate.
But that doesn't make any sense.

Its not out yet that new river horse game has characters start as children so it may turn out useful
If that comes out and is no good

Actually, that is an excellent idea for a game setting to put to my game, right along... Magical girls, Psychic Delinquents and an Initial D -spoof.

No, I'm not joking.

Mage the ascension.

I'd want to go with something like Don't Rest Your Head, for specialized magics, or DREAD for something more catastrophic (and then run games like Betrayal at the House on the Hill).

I'd also end up running it in 3.5, because my play group sucks.

dark and depressing

Witch girls got released back in 09 and is on RPG Drive Thu. Second edition never came out however.

Try magical burst.

I should clarify the game is from river horse not about river horses
The fuck even is a river horse

I know of Magical Burst, and I took some strides from there (Mainly checked some viable abilities if I was struggling to come up with new ones). In the end, my system bears very little resemblance to it, taking account the similarities that come with the genre.

The original idea of the post was to just emphasize the kind of unconventional setting choices, as a whole. All of these will be in the same book, after all. I think this, 4 settings, is pretty good amount to start with. Though I might want to put some early 20th century investigation hijinks in there, too.

A river horse is a hippo user.

Quite how that came to pass I have no idea. short sighted explorers perhaps.

>Ars Magica

A kelpie

Chthonic Codex

Best magic university, with booze and goats.

Depends what you're looking for. A normal fantasy RPG with a believable world and lore or a cute anime fetish game similar in experience to the picture you posted.

If you want the more believable touch: TDE + Aventuria Magic works pretty well since it gives a lot of fluff for all kind of different academies, the process of learning and how you graduate and what spells you have learned after graduation. It describes in detail the tradition of different kind of mages, their rules and how they normally continue in life.

It doesn't have prebuilt adventures about magic Academies but it gives you all the tools needed. And after you're done with that it still has a consistent ruleset and world.

user, please, at least be honest with yourself. No need lying in the internet.

Ars Magica + GURPS Thaumatology line, especially Sorcery (but there are bits of Ritual Path Magic too).

4e in the White Lotus Academy setting.

Check page 12 and onward.

Lasers & Feelings.
Call it Toil & Trouble.

For something that's also implicitly very slice-of-life I'd do OVA (partly as an excuse to play it), or maybe Fate Accelerated, or try out s idea to do a quick hack of Lasers & Feelings.

>cute anime can't have believable world and lore

GET OUT

>Little Witch Academia
>fetish
Say what, user?

>have to roll a number equal to the difference between your actual Grade and the Grade of the action you're trying
>meaning that attempting something one grade higher is guaranteed to succeed

it would probably be really boring and it'd make more sense to do wizard adult life in the setting.

Maid RPG. Instead of a Master you serve your GPA. Instead of a Head Butler the school has a Head Wizard.

Fate is probably the way to go. Check out Breakfast Cult if you want that but really weeby and taking a ton of influence from The Laundry Files

Don't take this the wrong way OP, but it sounds like you're an idea guys, high concept but little interest in the actual game mechanics per say.

In which case you're best bet really is Fate. It's simple, modular, and the -4 to +4 number matches up with a letter grade systerm if you want to be cute about it.

Westaboism is my fetish

Get fucked OP. We've had this thread for so many times now that it's just shitposting at this point to make it.

This sounds interesting. Anyone have a copy of the rulebook?

Look for the Accidental Magical Girl threads. It uses an exalted based system and has a wide enough base to really establish a background, mechanics, lore and assist in character buildings. The player base from those threads are hit and miss but mostly decent enough. It's not all weebs and neets as there are a couple more veteran tabletop and PnP players who pop up from time to time.

You're right, it's balanced out by BDSM, mind control, and hard crush

It's really more to trying to appeal to the power fantasy of tween girls then creeps.

Look, if you're looking professional (and I used that word generously) RPGs in the magic school genre. It's slim Pickens.

You're only other choice is wizkid the cheapening. Which doesn't even have the decency to mask it.

In in the PDF request thread's Archive.