Melniboné goes to war with Naggaroth

Melniboné goes to war with Naggaroth.

Who wins?

I initially read that as Melbourne goes to war with Naggaroth. I am now incredibly disappointed that this thread isn't about a Fantasy civilizations get bantzed and shitposted to death.

Never read any of Moorcock, is it worthwhile? I am a pretty big GRRM fanboy and I have been told the Elric stories were a big influence on ASOIAF.

they're totally different, but pretty good actually

It's not so terrible that you couldn't give it a try to see if it's your thing. Protagonist gets a bit angsty sometimes but that's about it.

>a bit angsty

Pass this man the understatement of the year award.

Still, it's a good series with a decent enough plot and some pretty cool ideas.

most of it is pretty badly written so you might enjoy it

Any specifics? Otherwise I am just going to assume this post is bait or a gratuitous display of edginess.

It's just got a somewhat childish and awkward writing style. Lots of really cool shit happen in it, but the author just spends so much time outright telling us what his characters are like and how tragic their existence is, in a blunt and inelegant manner, it's like he's too amazed by his own characters to spend time actually developing them through storytelling.

None of that is true in Song of Ice and Fire, though, so I don't know why you think a GRRM fanboy would enjoy Elric.

Not that other user, but I didn't enjoy it. Had to slog to get through the first story, which apparently is like 4 stories before it gets good. That argument doesn't work for video games and it certainly doesn't work for books though, lad.

Because GRRM has a somewhat childish and awkward writing style that's very blunt and inelegant.
There's no sense of majesty in his writing, just the assumption that describing theoretically cool things is sufficient to make the whole thing thrilling and epic.

Same thing with Moorcock

>That argument doesn't work for video games and it certainly doesn't work for books though, lad.

It does if you're remotely bored and know how to pirate.

More like he was emo before being emo was a glimmer of hope, or lack thereof, in the eye of the father of the emos.

You must've skipped all the greek epics.

Achilles was emotionally stable and mild mannered, compared to Elric.

Heracles, though?

Meh. Menzoberranzan would beat both since it's not in a total decline.

Just keep in mind that Moorcock wrote them as an ode to the old pulp fiction of R.E Howard and the likes.

So don't go expecting a masterpiece, just a damn fun read. Moorcock does get up his own ass with the who;e "eternal champion" motif though.

Ulthuan.

Naggaroth exploded and dont even exist anymore, so probably the other one

Arioch is the patron of Melnoboné; by implication, he would lend aid in said war. Can we assume Naggaroth gets help from Khaine? Does Khaine ever do anything directly tangible in the fluff?