/HHG/ The Horus Heresy General

Y'all niggas gonna get archived Edition

José Juanguinius Sub-Edition

Can his Blood Angels DayofRevelation the IXth thread?

Previous thread
>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Czpve_uNiLM
discord.gg/THPStkx
discord.gg/wYS2J6b
twitter.com/AnonBabble

IXth thread for the IXth Legion.
Blood Angels 2fast4u.

Lorgar Veritas, Lorgar Vult

youtu.be/Czpve_uNiLM

Reposting.
3001 points of Sons of Horus 1st company.
Rite of War: Drop Assault Vanguard

LoW
Horus (500 points)

HQ
Abaddon with sword (215 points)

Kalus Ekaddon, Captain of the Catalan Reavers (145 points)
Praetor with Artificer Armour, Jump Pack, Paragon Blade

Falkus Kibre, Captain of the Justaerin (162 points)
Praetor with Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-Weapon, Paragon Blade

Troops.
12 Justaerin Terminators with 2 Chainfists, 12 Combi-Plasma and 10 Power Fists (Horus + Falkus go here) (689 points)
12 Justaerin Terminators with 2 Chainfists, 10 Combi-Meltas, 2 Multi-meltas and 10 Power Fists (Abaddon goes here) (725 points)

"Catalan Reavers"
15 Assault Space Marines 1 power sword, Sergeant with AA, Lightning Claws (Kalus goes here) (280 points)

15 Assault Space Marines 2 swords, Sergeant with AA, Power Fist (285 points)

(Dammit post-cap)

Hey guys, can you give me some lore clafification?

I play Iron Warriors and would like to sprinkle a few mk6 armors in between all those 3s and some 4s.

Does that make sense? I remember that a bunch of mk6 suits had been taken by the traitors when they overtook mars, but was that retconned at some point?

Also, did the Raven Guard have them in use during Istvaan III? If so, would it make sense to say that they were simply plundered then, since the IW were on Istvaan III as well?

Also, do we have a non-Forge World source for mk5 armor yet or do we need to wait?

>tfw not many heresy era mks in WH40KSM
>tfw there will never be a sequel

Best Primarch
Best Legion
Best wife

Aaaaah, I can't connect my laptop to the net, so fuck you.
Read HH3: the Iron Warriors and Salamanders were the original beta testers of the MkVI.
So no biggie.
Also, beakie Malbon

There's a good chance of those 4 units not actually being on the table if you mishap with the assault squads turn one. It'd be interesting to at least see how it does, but there's still only 4 units and child get steam rolled to blasts and dreads.

Shitty Army List sharing edition anyone?

Haha, the Iron Warriors not liking this armor very much makes a lot of sense, actually. Hit&Run and stealth aren't really what a Legion specialized in siege combat would be interested in.

Thank you very much.

What is your favorite mark? I personally have to go with 2 or 3 for best and 8 for worst.

How many do you want to see ? I have a dead tree format notebook for each of my armies with which unit are in it, their most common loadout and all the armylists I've written for it. Got 13 armylists for my Alpha Legion so far of varying point amounts

MKV > MKIII > MKIV > MKII > MKVI > MKVIII > MKVII

Well, if you want,here's a semi-joke list I threw together once. I'll almost certainly never do this, but it's what I might do if I ever started IF, and the idea of it amuses me.

>Imperial Fists, Stone Gauntlet, 3000 points

Praetor (paragon blade & iron halo) - 150
(joins templar brethren)

10 Breachers (2 grav guns, AA & solarite gauntlet) - 260
LR Proteus - 180

10 Breachers (2 grav guns, AA & solarite gauntlet) - 260
LR Proteus - 180

10 Phalanx warders (2 plasma guns, 1 power axe, AA & power fist) - 260
LR Proteus - 180

10 Phalanx warders (2 plasma guns, 1 power axe, AA & power fist) - 260
LR Proteus - 180

9 Templar brethren (9 combat shields, solarite gauntlet) - 330
LR Phobos - 225

2 rapier (quad heavy bolter) - 80
(points filler, if you're wondering)

10 heavy supports (missile launchers, flakk missiles) - 335

Whoops, copy/pasted the points wrong on the phalanx warders, they should be 320. Not that it really matters for a shitty list I'll never make, of course.

>MKV
>Best

Any good HH books?

no

Are Berzerker backpacks acceptable in 30k?
It just so happens that I have a dozen.

It's kinda like Dune where the first four books are the best and everything goes downhill from there. (And if you don't think God-Emperor of Dune is the sickest shit then get out of my face.)

The rest of the series is pretty hit and miss but here's my quick and dirty three tier list

I read it and enjoyed it Tier:
Dan Abnett, Graham McNeill, ADB (MoM excluded), Chris Wraight

I read it eventually and it was alright to meh Tier:
Gav Thorpe, James Swallow, Guy Haley, John French

I will never get my time back Tier:
Mike Lee, Nick Kyme. David Annandale

Ok outside of the Super Sayin Parts I liked the Salamander Trilogy by Nick Kyme.

>John French
Fuck John French

Hahaha, nice one guys, posting literally terrible opinions one after the other, you fellows sure are top cards.

That's your opinion about my opinion about a subjective point of view about stories about a made up universe.

Where the fuck did CSM backpacks come from anyway?

Prototype gear for void operations.

Damn son you burned the Life-eater out of him.

Oooooh... Does the warp work like space too? Because that would suddenly make so much sense.

The void is space, which is why eldar are called MASTERS OF VOID STRATEGY!

So that GW could have them visually distinct from SM. Over the years I've seen dozens of explanations, but none of them have put those backpacks on loyalists in any official way.

One of the HH books names one of the CSM ones as Anvilus pattern backpack designed for void operations with additional thrusters but lacking in radiation shielding.

Originally was just a way for the models to look different

In-universe it's the warp fucking up their armor

Was there ever an occasion where all 18-20 Primarchs were in the same room?

I already do IW and DG, and I had 2 test models lying around, so I have decided to do 1 Tactical for each of the 18 legions.

I decided to do the Traitors first. They are all WIP, and the black one bottom left will be a Son of Horus, Catulan Reaver style.

Sanguinius mentally health XD.
He obsessively wants to sacrifice himself for something

Here's a better shot that I hope won't go sideways.

The Word Bearer legion marking is on the wrong shoulder.

>traitors first
>dark angels
When is this going to die? I see it everyday in the SW groups, this is so played out.

Duuude those look great
>Traitors first
>Dark Angel
:^)

>Willingly going to SW groups
You're bringing it on yourself

>When is this going to die?
When the last of the Fallen have repented.

I know, but there aren't a lot of places I can go to get good information on a 30k SW list.
"I gave up on good information from /hhg/ a long time ago

But they have successor chapters, I do not think they will do that any time soon.

>I want advice on an army that has no rules yet
Russ' kindred and their planning.

>tfw in the HH book series DA are less traitorous than Ultramarines
>Lion just uses Librarians again after heated debate
>Guilliman makes his own empire, uses Librarians again without any debate whatsoever, questions the motives of the Emperor and speculates he knew about the Heresy in advance

feels good man

This. Sanguinius has an obvious martyrs complex.

@everyone
What pages do people want quick scans of

He feels that the blood sickness is his fault. He isn't suicidal, however.

Inferno

Blanchitsu and Golden Demon.

Start with the cover and end with the back cover.

>after heated debate
Wherein he proved that his debate skills were about on par with Angronius.

Scanners broking so phoneposting only

From 26 would be nice, interested to see what this cadia stuff is all about (again).

Wrestling event at some celebration. Vulkan won, corac and horus tied for second

Huh, I'd have expected Corax to come last in a wrestling competition. Well done him.

This is out of date, updated for BL.

>Wrestling event
now i'm picturing some wwe action with primarchs

>tfw Alpharius canonically hails from parts unknown

>x primarch is autistic

Literally the cancer ruining /hhg/

Damn. I pretty much just did the same NL by not as good.

Corax is Big Boss when it comes to hand to hand. Everyone talks about how X primarch was good in fighting pits or with sword in hand. But Corax was no joke when it came to fisticuffs.

>Good! Now we can fight as warriors! Hand to hand! It is the basis of all combat! Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon!
-Attributed to ancient terran assassin.

Then Horus had to always be in the spotlight somehow to make his fall that much more dramatic.

Vulkan is just jacked beyond jacked.

It was closer to greek wrestling. Wink.

>split personality disorder (both with autism)

Is bit possible to make a decent, smaller Terror Assault lost to play against 40k armies? There's a new kid at my store, and its pretty much just me and him for 40k. He only has 1000pts of KDK at the moment, and I think it would be fun to throw some batmans at them.

Black shield marauders are more cost efficient than tacticals.

Assuming A barebones twenty man squad of marauders with the +1S +1T -1Initiative -1" movement option.

At a unit cost of 305 pts, each marauder is priced at 15.25pp.

Breaking down the cost of the marine is as thus, assuming the price of a barebones Legion spacemarine is 11.25ppm we can deduce in 30k power armor, a bolter, bolt pistol and grenades is worth that amount.

Comparing that to the stat line of a Marauder, each additional stat point is worth about 3ppm with reductions to a stat subtracting 3ppm. Losing movement isn't a linear draw back and doesn't carry the same weight as a stay, the inability to sweeping advance is also situational and will not be calculated into the cost of a marauder. Let's also assume here that a boltgun is worth roughly two points independently.

A marauder has a total of +3 to its stat scores, -1 due to losing initiative.
At a base of 10.25 ppm (-1 because no bolt gun, also assuming a auto gun is worth at least one point)

The base value becomes 16.25ppm, if we compare a chain axe to a heavy chain sword, +2 strength, ap4 and a drawback makes it comparable to a chainaxe. If we take the 2handed weapon trait to be worth an additional point of strength then a chain axe is worth roughly 5ppm.

In conclusion, a barebones black shield marauder with the +1s, +1t -1i and -1" movement trait with a chainaxe is worth approximately 21.25 ppm or 425 points for a 20 man squad. That's a 120 point discount for a squad of twenty, with the chieftain that discount increases to 132 points.

Yeah. I'm a SW, and even I find that stupid

Quick question, just to make sure, would I be right in thinking that mastercrafting a flamer doesn't do anything?

Yep. Doesn't do shit.

Twin-linking would allow a reroll to wound.

... So?

Gotcha, thanks. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a nice option for salamanders.

>Give Marauders the benefit of wrought by war
>Doesn't give SM the legion rule
>Marauders are better
No shit.

That's good value.

The legiones astartes rules weren't considered because they legion rules by and large aren't as valuable as stat increases. They also vary in strength a great deal.

Don't forget the neglected benefits of Rites of War

A wrought by war is the legion rules AND RoW equivalent. If Chymerie is considered then a specific legion rule and/or RoW should be too.

Otherwise

Primarch shitposting was a mistake.

HHG was a mistake.

The RoWs are force multipliers that apply to specific aspects of the army. They are also gated behind key entries that have master of the legion. You pay a specific cost for that. At most not having a RoW in exchange for army wide stats can only be worth as much as the cheapest barrier to entry for the rule.

It's worth considering though! I don't aim to say one is better than the other, only to highlight the value of 20 man marauders.

Sure, but it could only be a RoWs cheapest barrier to entry in addition to legion rules that affect tacticals positively.

discord.gg/THPStkx
Invite to discord, phonepics posted in #news
I REPEAT ALL SCANS POSTED HERE
backup option still remains
I REPEAT ALL THE pics I TOOK WERE POSTED HERE

Not as big a mistake as GW.

Blackshield in of themselves have barriers too. Its all relative.

Compare

Vanilla Tacs vs Vanilla Marauders. Apples to apples.

Or

Legion Specific Tacs under a RoW vs Wrought by War Marauders. Oranges to to Oranges.

Vanilla Tacs vs WbW Marauders is apples to oranges and moot

>after heated debate

You mean after exiling a bunch of people to Caliban for no reason, sowing the seeds of treachery, and punching a loyal Chaplain's head clean off? The Lion is a prick.

Aspy internet whiners were the real mistakes.

>invalid or expired
I think you fucked up.

discord.gg/wYS2J6b
Try that

tfw reading basic rules to learn warhammer's game hurts my head
i have 10,000+ points of figures ready to built/painted for the heresy

I'm the same, shit with rules but love painting and fluff. The last time I played a game was at the start of 4th ed 40K and I could barely grasp it then.

The problem with this games narrative is that the maximum amount of possible YOUR DUDES must exist. Therefore, for example, there can be loyalists from traitor legions and vice versa. Thus lore must be adapted in reverse to account for it and its not always done well.

Then this game attracts the "must be literal" crowd despite the game having loose rules and geared towards YOUR DUDES STORY

Oh wait, that's right.

to the user's who recommended i didn't get a malcador infernus to go along with my solar auxilia because it's to fucking good to base all my lists around
holy fucking shit thank you
i ordered a hellstorm template in advance when i was planning on buying it for my 40k guard and hot fucking damn that template is huge it barely fit in the baneblade box i brought it home in
this thing would have destroyed marines , especially with a solar auxiliary tank commander
it'dd be like my freeguild handgunners in age of sigmar all over again

Having someone teach you wil make it much less complicated, playing games helped me pick up the game faster than reading the whole book back to front

It's a fascinating game system in these kinds of context.
>Entire system, rules and narrative, is based around a certain amount of encouraged interpretation, with the designers and writers going out of their way to avoid being final and factual about many things, and in fact create discord and errors to encourage player reaction, interaction and invention
>Large swathes of players and fluff fans refuse to accept this, treat it all as mistakes and argue incessantly about how their interpretation of [insert anything here] is the One True Way Obviously You Faggot and how there can only be one final version of the Truth and that everyone must adhere to it or be wrong

I fucking love it

You are still won't be allowed to see the echo chamber and an eye will be on all your posts

I'm still banned mate, it's under SWlurker.
If you're notanothernamefag, I would like to talk to you in PM for a short bit.

This post represents everything wrong with the world.

Word on the street is that they are going to streamline the rules in the next edition.

that's where you're wrong.

What was your last game played Anons and how did it go?

I lost a cool game of ZM 3-2 against some wolves because rolling 1s consistently was apparently a thing I was doing that day.

>not using something because it's too good
Cuck mentality desu.

t. Taufag

What do you do in ZM if you have large ass squads of Tacticals, Inducted Levies, or Lasrifle Sections?

Would my 50-man cultist horde turn into five 10-man squads?

... or the horns and spikes and bushes ...