Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Sad Knight's Haiku Corner edition

>Choose Your Own Previous Adventure
>A Picturebook List Builder For Kids Who Can't Read Good
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>As current as the FAQs get
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (No, not the Black's Library):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HQxvP7VAqnI
warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Metamarines
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Malifaux

Daemons of the Emperor confirmed 100% canon

Hopefully we get rules leaks soon, just so I can tell if Cawl or Grayfax are worth buying.

>tfw Sisters become not!Word Bearers

>Abaddon fails to kill depowered Saint and Creed

Champion of the Chaos, ladies and gentlemen.

Cawl is Magos^2 with more personal power and more buffing. Greyfax is cheapish lvl2 psyker.. which is bad since Coteaz is already that and has hellovagood special rules.

Legion of the Damned ain't exactly news.

nth for fat-looking sisters

Nobody told him not to monologue during a fight.

Anyways, Celestine servered his spine. How is he still standing and walking?

>she

It's Celestine being reborn again.

Exactly

It's ok.

Failbaddon has always been spineless :^)

I said "NEW AUTISM!" you quaddamned lazy shit.

Do we know whether Cawl's buffs are any good for Admech? 5++ for vehicles wouldn't do much, since Dragoons have a 5+ cover and Crawlers have a 6++, 5++ or 4++ at all times anyway.

Every unit already has canticles in a warconvo, so far he looks like a T6 W5 Magos with a preset decent WT for ~180 extra points.

youtube.com/watch?v=HQxvP7VAqnI

He has an IWND canticle.

>Daemons of the Emperor

WE AGE OF EMPRAH NOW!

Any spoilers for the new formations?

That one canticle gives both inv++ and IWND.

Help, my FLGS is dying.

The regulars have been slowly disappearing for a little while but I came in today to reconnect with people after the Christmas holidays and it was literally empty.
Is this the end?

Yeah, they're giant heaping piles of crap, especially the Admech ones

Thats Sangunius thou.

>Those retardbots

Spoiler that shit

It's okay, user

they don't actually come in the package that image is used to promote

Maybe. Start a Killteam-campaing? Killteam doesnt need more than 1-2 boxes of models and is great fun. I've seen it respark the excitement to the hobby.

How well would a Nurgle Daemonic Incursion work?

My thoughts are the Nurglings can infiltrate to tag as many objectives as possible early on and force my opponent to split up to go after them. Furies because I have to have the aux choice. They basically just tag objectives and distract. Then the big boys can go after the weakest links.

Everyone rolls on Biomancy probably. Maybe the princes on Plague since they can get Stream of Corruption and Plague Wind in range easily enough.

I know, I was casting about for an image of a resurrected Sigmar-style Emperor and I figured that was pretty close.

>tfw never live in an Imperium lead by Sanguinius, administered by Guilliman and defended by Lion El Johnson

Are the Saint of Thiccness' wings natural or just a stylised jump pack/bionics?

Stylised.

i thought guilli and traitor-san cannot stand each other?

So rules for characters and formations?

I do not care about the fluff. Everything after 4th has been rather lame

We had one a few weeks ago.

Not many people participated...

I think the 40k scene in my area is doomed, everyone just suddenly lost interest for some reason.
They all stopped playing games and now they've all stopped coming.

>those powerful thighs

I just finished reading Pharos and it seemed more the Lion fucking off the other two by being secretive as shit all the time, but nothing too major compared to the other Primarchs. Sanguinius and Guilliman actually seem to have a functional fraternal relationship going despite Sanguinius being butthurt about having to be a figurehead.

They actually seem to form a reasonably functional triumvirate.

Man, how much would it piss off Erebus and Lorgar if Abaddon manages to actually kill the Emperor, but by the faith of the Imperium this causes him to be reborn as a literal god in the Warp.

It's a Jump Pack, but it does seem to channel her power somehow. They aren't flesh and blood in any case.

It will be solid, not competitive, but neither a steaming pile of shit (though it will smell just like that.).
I'd try to include some Plague Drones somehow. Maybe going MSU on the Tallyband, and taking a CAD?

Once he's back under the Chaos god's influence Nurgle will fix it.

I need help naming a list. Should I call it Geneblower or Leafstealer? Also, I'm wondering if it would be worth shuffling points around to replace the second Demo Claw with an Emperor's Blade Assault Company for dem melta/plasmavets, or Emperor's Wrath for artillery. If I did that, I might just make the Russes "basic" Eradicators instead.

++Cult Insurrection++
+Brood Brother+
Leman Russ Exterminator w/ Lascannon and Multimelta - 160
+Neophyte Cavalcade+
Leman Russ, same Loadout - 160
10 Neophytes, 2 Mining Lasers, Chimera w/ Multilaser and Heavy Bolter - 145
Same - 145
Armored Sentinel, Plasma Cannon - 50
Armored Sentinel, Plasma Cannon - 50

+Two Demolition Claws+
5 Acolytes, 1 Demolition Charge, Goliath - 110
5 more squads like that - 550
Rockgrinder w/ Clearance Incinerator - 80
5 more Rockgrinders - 400

Total: 1850

Warlord tank rolls on Strategic, hopefully getting Master of Deception (so he can outflank, and I can give some Democlaw Acolytes Shrouded) or Conqueror of Cities. Night Fight is nice too.

The Acolytes took regular Goliaths as they're open-topped, allowing for assault after disembark. The Goliaths can infiltrate, and their TL Autocannons have Tank Hunters.

The Chimeras infiltrate and are Mining Laser bunkers. Rockgrinders start on-table though some of them might Reserve.
Most everything else can Outflank.

Where's the new formations? Anyone have them?

anyone have any alpha legion tips?

Tzeentch DP with Drakescale plate is fun.

>calling warp spawn "daemons"
Shit nigger what are you doing?, do you even imperial truth?

>Trazyn should be able to field any one independent character from any army as an elite choice.
>Genestealer cults should be allies of convenience with every faction except necrons and daemons.
>Orks should be able to field any vehicle in any codex as looted, with that vehicles special rules, but bs reduced to 1, and all guns attack values increased by 1.
>Tyranids in synapse should automatically pass look out sir, and be able to refuse challenges without penalty.

Including dead Primarchs?

Especially dead primarchs. They were actually in cryo stasis all along.

Reminder

I didn't pay these thicc memes any heed but then I got the new White Dwarf and there's this one shot in particular and fuuucccckk they really are THICCCCCCC

>k
>literally why. everyone hates tyranids and their kin
>BS2 but vehicle loses special rules
>k

I honestly dislike the idea of Orks with looted vehicles, since Orks are very prone to "improving" them beyond recognition. Ork vehicles should just be far more customizable, with more chassis variance and options for Looted Gubbinz that can radically alter the vehicle but with risky drawbacks.

So rather than Orks looting a Hammerhead, they could take a Battlewagon with Rokkit Boostas and a "Big Smasha" (A discount railgun, that for each time you fire, you must roll above the number of times you've fired it or it blows up!), etc.

Id assume black carapace bound armour has redundancies for sending messages from the central nervous system to the peripheral nervous system

But mostly I just assume the dude writing the piece didn't put too much thought into it.

>bordes

To the guy making the "Chaos is the Greatest Threat" collection. Here is more material for you from Fall of Cadia. It even names the lesser threats compared to Chaos.

Aso
>The technologically superior Tau

Tau confirmed to have the bestest tech at least compared to the Imperium

>big robots make him feel insecure

Everyone hates genestealers of they know they're dealing with them. But genestealers have successfully infiltrated basically everyone but necrons and daemons at some point in the fluff.

Losing the special rules would make them lose the fun.

both. The ancient technology could manifest psyker powers.

GSC is when the cults reveal themselves
how the fuck are they going to explain the giant 4 armed xenos leading them to their friendly neighborhood marine chapter if they are still undercover ?

The same way they explain it to the imperial guard they're currently allies of convenience with.

Everyone? Where can i read space marines getting infiltrated by genestealers?

well that's just plain stupid

Probably not the actual space Marines, but they've infiltrated human society in general, and humans hand space Marines their orders.

Did Belisarius Cawl really die already? I was hoping he'd be a more important character.

>The same way they explain it to the imperial guard they're currently allies of convenience with.

This is justified by the Imperial Guard being hypnotised 'Brood Bothers'; they're part of the cult, they just aren't hybrids. Arguably Orks and Tau should be Allies of Convenience as well; Eldar and Marines are probably too insular and strong-willed for a Cult to be able to mind control them in any numbers.

Did we ever find out who that Eldar guy is?

If I shared what I wrote for my fanmade Imperial Guard Regiment, would people here be willing to help me by pointing out flaws and any mary sueness?

Sure, why not?

It's Ahra the founder of the Striking scorpions and incubi temples

Thats why the video of Curze getting kulled isn't clear at the moment of his death. Trazyn did it.

1st Archon Defenders Mechanized Infantry Regiment

Home World: Archon III, Archon System, Jericho Reach, Ultima Segmentum

Regimental Commander: High Commander Carmine Titanius

Regimental Commissar: Lord Commissar Mathias Caine

Regimental Colors: Blue flak or carapace armour worn over sand colored uniforms. High ranking members and veterans have gold painted shoulderguards.

Regimental Emblem: A silver aquilla with a white number 1 at its center. Command squads bear a golden aquilla instead. The emblem is most commonly seen on the left shoulder guard or on the platoon's or company's banner. When on a banner, the aquilla is circled by a halo of white stars and is placed on a black background, the company or platoon's motto emblazoned beneath the aquilla. Some companies will include blue 'X' or skull marks to show the number of battles the company was victorious in.

Regimental Numbers:
10 infantry companies, each with 1 company command squad, 1 company commissar and 6 infantry platoons. Each platoon holds 1 platoon command squad, 1 commissar, 5 infantry squads, 3 heavy weapon squads, 3 special weapon squads and nine chimera armoured transport. Totaling nearly 5600 men and women.

WAT?

Notable History:
778.M41 - Achilus Crusade: The crusade reclaims the Archon Sector, the 1st Archon Defenders Regiment is formed.

779.M41 - Ultramarine successor chapter, the Knights Eternal, claim Archon III as their primary recruitment world and rename themselves the Sons of Archon. Veterans of the 1st Archon Defenders are chosen as potential candidates for the chapter.

812.M41 - Battle of Archon II: Necrons awaken beneath the deserts of Archon II and begin a war against the planet's inhabitants. The 1st, 3rd and 8th Archon Defenders regiments, along with the 1st Company of the Sons of Archon, arriving on the planet to fight the Necrons. The size of the Necron force was underestimated and half of the 1st Archon Defenders, as well as the entirety of the 3rd and 8th Archon Defenders and 3/4ths of the Sons of Archon 1st Company are loss. The imperial forces retreat from the planet and Chapter Master Mathias Caine of the Sons of Archon issues an Exterminatus. Survivors of the Sons of Archon 1st Company paint their helmets black to signify their loss in their first major battle.

Discuss.

897.M41 - Siege of Archon V: When the Imperium reclaimed the Archon Sector, they also discovered the long dormant forge world of Archon V. Having been maintained and operated since 779.M41, the Forge World of Archon V is home to the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Archon's Wrath tank regiments. The Archon patterned Leman Russ is more sturdy than other patterns, but sacrifices speed and mobility for its increased survivability. The most common variant of the Archon pattern Leman Russ is the Leman Russ Eradicator, while the Archon pattern also comes in the Vanquisher and Battle Tank variants. Besides the Archon pattern Leman Russ, the forge world only produces one more vehicle. The Archon pattern Chimera Armoured Transport. Like the Archon pattern Leman Russ, the Archon pattern Chimera sacrifices speed and mobility for thicker armour.

At the start of 897.M41, an Ork WAAAGH!, known as WAAAGH! Krakaz, began to lay siege to Archon V in an attempt to loot it of its weapons and vehicles. Alongside the Archon's Wrath tank regiments, the 1st Archon Defenders answered the call to halt the siege. In a rare strategy for the regiment, they began using boarding and raiding tactics. While still in orbit above Archon V, the most hardened veterans of the 1st Archon Defenders were sent in raiding craft to board the ork ships and sabotage their inner workings. While this happened, the rest of the regiment began to make landfall to aid in the defense of Archon V.

The Warboss Krakaz Mostdakka's siege on Archon V became known as the longest battle in the Archon System's history, lasting until 923.M41. The siege was only broken after 1st Archon Defenders raiding parties disabled Krakaz's personal ship. His WAAAGH! left the system, but not before swearing to return again for revenge. The 1st Archon Ork Hunters regiment was formed to prepare for that day.

999.M41 - The 13th Black Crusade: The 1st Archon Defenders Regiment, lead by High Commander Carmine Titanius and Lord Commissar Mathias Caine, along with the 1st, 2nd and 3rd companies of the Sons of Archon, the 4th Archon's Wrath tank regiment and the 1st Archon's Claws Siege Company, make their way to the Cadian Gate through the Jericho-Maw warp gate, in an attempt to get to the Cadian Gate to aid in its defense and prevent the Chaos forces from pouring through.

weak bait/10
Art is okay, but not exactly great.

I'm 80% certain SM can't recruit from vets, they usually go for pre-teens (eeeyooo) not old crusty dudes.
Rest just looks like typical homebrew. Nothing too interesting, nothing overtly bad.

Only War Regimental Rules:
CHARACTERISTIC MODIFIERS: +3 Agility, +3 Ballistic Skill, -3 Perception, +3 Willpower
STARTING APTITUDES: Ballistic Skill
STARTING SKILLS: Common Lore (Imperial Creed), Common Lore (Imperium), Linguistics (Low Gothic), Common Lore (Imperial Guard), Common Lore (War), Operate (Surface)
STARTING TALENTS: Rapid Reload, Deadeye Shot
BLESSED IGNORANCE: Imperial citizens know that the proper ways of living are those tried and tested by generations that have gone before. Horror, pain and death are the just rewards of curiosity, for those that look too deeply into the mysteries of the univers are all too likely to find malefic beings looking back at them. Their wise blindness imposes a -5 penalty on all Forbidden Lore (Int) Tests.
KILL THE MUTANT: The general citizens of the Imperium are trained from birth to fear mutation, for it heralds the taint of Chaos. All Imperial world characters start with Hatred (Mutants).
WOUNDS: Characters from this regiment generate starting Wounds normally.
STANDARD REGIMENTAL KIT: 1 Common M36 lasgun and 6 charge packs, 1 suit of Imperial Guard flak armour, 3 frag grenades, 3 krak grenades, 3 smoke grenades, 1 auspex, 1 uniform, 1 set of poor weather gear, 1 Laspistol and 4 Charge Packs, 1 Knife, 1 rucksack, 1 set of basic tools, 1 mess kit, 1 water canteen, 1 blanket and 1 sleeping bag, 1 rechargeable lamp pack, 1 grooming kit, 1 set of Common tags, 1 imperial infantryman's uplifting primer and 4 weeks' supply of combat sustenance rations.
SQUAD VEHICLE: 1 Chimera Armoured Transport per squad.

My knowledge of Space Marine fluff is a tad limited, so I'll make note of that and remove that line from their fluff. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to fill in the large gaps in their history.

They might not neccessarily need filling.
The Imperial Guard is so large that it's not ucommon for regiments to not be deployed for decades at a time.

"hey bro thats a lot of grav centurions you got there what chapter is that?"

warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Metamarines

You're telling orks that they can have literally any vehicle in the game with all weapons having +1 attack. There's plenty of fun to be had in that alone.

Noted. Right now my only army is my 1st Archon Defenders. I'm at just under 100 models right now, aiming to bring the army up to the full 5600 models. I also plan on buying models to assemble the full Sons of Archon chapter.

I earn $1200 a month, and only have to pay $300 for rent, internet, TV, phone and utilities, plus another $200 for groceries. So I'm left with $700 a month in free spending.

Marines can recruit vets, it just typically has a terrible success rate, even compared to normal. I think Leman Russ had some of his viking bros end up volunteering, even though they were all old, but it goes from those 1 in 1000 odds you get from standard recruits to like 1 in 10000 or worse.

Yeah, once you hit puberty you're too old for astartes recruitment.

They managed to make small numbers of adult men into psuedo-marines during the Great Crusade so various Primarchs could keep some of their pre-contact followers, but it wasn't the full marine augmentation, just an increase in strength and size to be roughly in line with legio standards.

To my knowledge only the Emprah knew how to do that and he ain't telling anyone these days.

I want to know just how impossible to field Bellarius Cawl is going to be, god dammit. Give me muh leaks already.

I also really want a decent Black Templars Only formation but that probably won't happen in this book.

He'd be a "true God" then, so they'd worship him with all the other Chaos Gods.

>Tau confirmed to have the bestest tech at least compared to the Imperium
It's Necrons>Eldar>Tau.
Tau might be able to catch up to the Edar with time.

>A discount railgun, that for each time you fire, you must roll above the number of times you've fired it or it blows up!

Rules like this are why CSM and Orks have sucked for so long. "Roll High or Die" shouldn't happen when no one's even attacking you.

fake, no one's str8

Another point for keeping special rules is how do you determine what rules get dropped? Assault vehicle? Transport? Etc.

What the fuck? What happened to him? Why isn't this a big deal?

First day to play in ages. Wish me luck Veeky Forums

The leak doesn't mention his death, just that he failed to prevent Cadia from falling.

Sounds mostly good.
As some other user pointed out, geneseed implantation doesn't work past a certain age (~16-17).
Maybe change some of the events to deplyoments in other segments; right now that's a lot of things to happen to a single system.

If you want some more events, consider some low key stuff (helped put down a genestealer cult on some mining world, quelled a rebellion somewhere etc.)

Get this Tumblr shit off of my board.

May the Emperor protect you.

>Necrons>Eldar
>Cannot into FTL
>Have to beg for scraps of webway from Eldar
>Cannot into Distortion
>Necrodermis inferior to wraithbone
>13th BC is all about acquiring Eldar doomsday weapons, rather than Cron ones

Can't hear you for all this D my T6 ass is shitting out.

I dub thee: "Red Guard Guy"
Objections?