/kdm/kdmg/kdg/ - Kingdom Death General

FINAL THREAD OF THE KICKSTARTER

Old Thread: Kingdom Death is a company that makes a board game called Monster. That's hard to find in a google search though, so it's often just called Kingdom Death: Monster. It's a monster hunting board game which a campaign where you build up a small settlement of survivors.

Kickstarter link:
kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/description

More details about the game can be found there, and links to pledge managers and other important things are at the top of the page. FAQ is at the bottom of the page.

KD:M Miniature Count Spreadsheet with bonus statistics:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11ujOUYfjTFp3jOx7T4f3wl-KmxBh0hST0Spa2Q3fy2k/edit#gid=0

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/comments?cursor=15616049#comment-15616048
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>The monsters are for an encounter, which are small sub-fights you can trigger during the hunt phase. Not a new quarry.

That's even better.

This concept art dump has some pure gold in it.

Satan Pledge - $1666
Amy - $20
Cany/Cola - $20
Pathfinders - $60
Extra rulebook - $40
Dice x2 - $40
Base Inserts x2 - $40

That's nearly $1900 plus shipping plus $175 for the sleeves kickstarter.

If my wife finds out she will leave me.

Also, how many base inserts add on do I need to base the whole game and expansions?

1 of each size and the ability to recast

Exactly this

>Also, how many base inserts add on do I need to base the whole game and expansions?
1, if you make more via DIY molds.
21 if you want all official ones. I have a spreadsheet with a page calculating it all, it's the one linked in the OP.

what is an "encounter monster" and does it appear in hunt, showdown, or settlement?

Dang the Kickstarter commenters are just embarrassing. I'm excited for all the new content, but they just make me cringe for their sake.

This shit doesn't include bases?
The fuck

>FINAL THREAD OF THE KICKSTARTER
>4 hours lefts
>implying we won't autosage this thread before that

I doubt anyone saw this because of fatso

I recall somewhere around 25 or 27 orders of bases. Better look up how to mold your own and save tonnage of dosh

>disdain for plebs.jpg

>This shit doesn't include bases?
It includes blank bases. It doesn't include the custom face-patterned bases that you often see with Kingdom Death minis. Those need to be bought (or made) separately.

Fuck I forgot my link

Any opinions on this post welcome

People were saying my quick summaries of some of the Node 1's were helpful, so I did some for each expansion.

Keep in mind the entirety of this is just personal opinion, and everything that's not out yet is just speculations.

yeah what the fuck? will GW bases work? also when will I have to pay shipping?

More importantly: Elena is the cutest witch

it includes blank bases. If you're ok with that then there's no problem. If you want fancy stone face bases than you got to shell out or cast your own.

Personally I think the stone face bases are a big hassle, I use them for playable survivors and it's a real pain to get the models to stick to such an uneven surface.

I did my best, guys.

Cheers

>Gourmand Philosophy

Proud of you user

And for the illiterates trying to decide on older expansions

This changes a bit if you're also buying new expansions (due to Silver City and Abyssal Woods looking so good), but yeah it's accurate.

It's a bit blurry, but if you squint you can read it.

I wonder how chemically accurate this is.

Abyssal Woods doesn't interact with Lion God or the Tree, so I don't know why you brought that up, unless you are misinformed.

It DOES however, add Spidicules and Flower Knight to the right.

Silver City requires Lion God

Only tree is left out in the cold now.

I think he means Silver City and Lion God together

This, And also that one shouldn't really be getting Spidicules unless they want everything or are getting the Abyssal Woods.

I donĀ“t get the whole thing honestly, it says how Oxygen works in KD when there are no flowers, but there are a whole lot of flowers and trees?

Never bought anything on Kickstarter before. When will I be charged for shipping?

Look closer at the fauna and you realize it's made of flesh.

I'm happy abyssal woods might make Spidey better because I love the look of his armour.

I also love that the Flower Knight seems to be getting its own armour set.

cheers user. literal hero

Yeah I figured, but he specifically mentioned Abyssal Woods.

During each shipment wave.

You do not pay shipping in your pledge.

You will pay shipping when each wave of product is ready to ship.

I'm getting abyssal woods but skipping spidicules. If it's REQUIRED for the campaign I'll find some way to include what I need to and use Oblivion Mosquito or something. If it's just a thematic addition, then fuck it.

Thanks!

Spidicules is 100% required.

It is required. Pick it up at retail or ebay

>extra rulebook
Why don't you invest the extra 35 bucks and buy the 1.5 upgrade pack?

They've got to include a way for it to play a role in the Abyssal Woods campaign

Wait so if I just got the game and the GC it's playable right? Was thinking I'd buy the expansions retail when I have more money (broke atm)

Quoth the Poots

>Lonely Tree isn't in the Abyssal Woods. It grows alone, farrrrr from everything else!

Guess I'll have to then. Fucking spidicules guh.

Core + GC is a pretty solid call for content.

Poor tree...

Thanks. Like I said I'm broke so I just wanted to get what me and my girlfriend could play for shits.

It's the Wojak tree.

Posted in the wrong thread so never mind here I go again:

I got into this way late and I'm sitting at the gold lantern nothing else. after a bit of thinking I'd love to get a little extra but I'm a bit lost what exactly to get.

The whole old expansions with the ancient gold lantern tier seems a bit excessive and maybe not even that great. If I'm just gonna add for individual packs I wouldn't know what to prioritize from both the old and the new stuff.

I'd appreciate some advice on what to get to expand the basic game in a more natural manner (not all lategame stuff and what not)

so if you squint at the dev art, it looks like crystal bones and mini monsters are in the future, plus parasite-controlled survivors that are stronger and fuck a lot, but are parasite-controlled

>needs image of tree with hanging wojak faces

I was thinking the same thing.

Is it normal for Kickstarter to do test charges on cards? I just had a large charge from them for a really random amount pop up this morning.

>people with fastbacker are getting fucked out of switching pledge levels and losing their original limited pledge because there are so many users of it right now that the software is tripping over itself
Oh this is fucking golden. Fuckers deserve it.

kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/comments?cursor=15616049#comment-15616048

Really, it's up to you desu. There's of course a LOT of things you can add, but most people's recommendation is that you add either 1) new LY 1 monsters to break up the white lion monotony, and/or 2) expansions that come with a campaign. With those in mind, you should look at:

1) Gorm, Honeycomb Weaver, Frogdog

2) Gryphon, Dragon King, Sunstalker, Inverted Mountain**, Abyssal woods**

After that it's really what you think looks cool or fun to add.

**Require a great number of purchases to work but look rad.

probably wont get to top 3 but lets see if we break 12 mil.

>Hyper Light Drifter Crossover

AGL is a great deal -- you're basically getting Lion God and Lonely Tree free and everything else at KS prices But maybe you can't afford that

> Node 1 Monsters
Level 1 lions are great when you're starting out but it's the one fight in this game that really does get stale. Having an alternate Node 1 Monster is great.
Your Options Are: Gorm (Old); Frogdog (New); Honeycomb Weaver (New)

>Alt Campaigns
And now for something completely different: Several expansions introduce "People of the X" Alternate campaigns with wholly different timelines and mechanics, while also being hunt monsters for the core game
Old: Dragon King (Awesome) and Sunstalker (Slightly Less Awesome)
New: Gryphon

>Short Campaigns
You could conceivably finish a 3-5 Lantern year mini-campaign in a single day, as a start-to-finish epic game. This is all new to this KS, so we don't know the full power level of this, but it's likely to be pretty high
Options are Black Knight and Abyssal Woods

>By Your Powers Combined
Another thing Poots is doing new is cross-expansion content. These all look pretty damn sexy.
Lion God+Silver City: Alone, Lion God is trash tier and Silver City is worth it. Together they're an alternate campaign
Red Witches+Pariah: Alone, they're each nemesis monsters which makes their Power dubious but likely not trash based on how the Nemesis addons in KS1 went. Together, they enable a short campaign where you play as the Witches hunting down the Pariah
Spidicules+Flower Knight+Abyssal Woods: Enables what might be the most ambitious Alternate Campaign, AND the spider is mediocre at worst and FK pretty decent on their own, while Abyssal Woods on its own is still fuck-off huge with multiple monsters across several nodes. Apparently, AW Combo can get even better with Weaver (Node 1) and DBK ("Poots loves me" tier, so pretty good on its own)
Inverted Mountain: Pro is that it's a total replacement campaign. Con is that it needs basically everything. Go AW First.

Can anyone recommend a good airbrush up to ~$300?

This is the most accurate so far. Picking up the top 3 myself for my BFGold Lantern

HYPE

Poots, why you make me change my pledge again?

/wip/

Fuck my extra Stone Bases pack. This shit just got RADICAL.

>my 777 pledge is now 1057

STOP MAKING ME PLEDGE MORE REEEEEEEEE

I tried.

Literally what?

>Hunt Board is now a board
FUCK YES.

Two or three boxes left to reveal for the Gambler's Chest. Box 7, Cheat Box 4, and possibly Box 00 if it still exists (the image has it covered up with the 'cheat penalty').

You did your best and had fun and that's the only thing that matters. Good job, user.

Why should I even care?

What user said

If you don't like Hyper Light Drifter then you probably shouldn't.

Why are you even commenting then?

The game is alright and the art is good. But the 30 fps cap ruins the controls.

Goddamnit now I need to add $20.

Also, that magma Masochist is probably one of my favorite minis in the whole gambler box.

Because I am a completionist and even if I don't like the model I'm buying it anyway.

WIP has gone waaay downhill, 100% of posts nowadays are "Johnny" or 40k models ruined by kids. I trust KDG more

its 60fps now

I don't care about the game but it still look really cool.

What is Hyper Light Drifter?

Well fuck my asshole and call me Toby.
I'm gonna finish it now.

A video game.

Its a videogame

lots of love

>google

lol so many people have backed out of the gamer's lantern that it's available again

Once Abyssal woods and all its related expansions are released, I'm thinking of getting them all bound into a singular leather bound tome, since there's a bookbinders maybe two blocks away from my apartment.

Does user know if I can buy the Crossovers through backerkit when the Kickstarter is over?

which is that?

It's a gamble user

About a week back I was thinking that $250 was way too much for me....
Now I'm pledged for $705 with 4 hours to go.
Please, Veeky Forums, talk me out of my madness! The voices keep telling me to spend!

its really good

Gamer's Lantern Pledge exists now

Go harder. You could probably stand to skip a few meals anyway. Buy everything.