Greetings, those Residing in this "40 Kay" Galaxy

Greetings, those Residing in this "40 Kay" Galaxy.

I am Lord Vader, and I come here in a diplomatic mission, to guide over The Emperor, Lord Sidious' light, and come knowing, and expecting from you, an unconditional surrender. Submit to the Emperor, or feel the power of the Force and the Dark Side.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Gangsta_Rap
starwars.wikia.
youtube.com/watch?v=NNc242mbiUs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Stop, "who would win" threads and their spinoffs are fucking awful

Great, cool, just stop talking and pick up this Lasrifle. Cadia just fell you know, so everyone's gotta do their part to push back Chaos

Look buddy we got our quota filled already so fuck off.

Can lightsabers deflect lasgun shots?

What could a jedi do against bolter rounds?

Uh, Lord Vader, I don't think this is a good idea.

You can go and annex Tau for all we care

What, by the creator, is a Lasrifle? Blaster? What, or who are "Chaos"?

Tau... Will THEY be willing to know the Empire's might?

Ohh so cool, so scary! Isn't that so interesting? Isn't Lord Vader the ultimate badass?

I mean fuck you, Star Wars is passe and has been completely oversold. Get that 1970's shit out of here.

Youll get killed by them

>What, or who are "Chaos"?

Let's just say we're all surrounded by Assholes here.

this is the worst vader impression ever.
you never read a single comics ? books ? seen a movie ?

>What, by the creator, is a Lasrifle? Blaster?
>What, by the creator,

Are you dumb or something? Do you know who vader is ? know how he talks ?

They don't seem that different from some of our familiar races. I'm sure negotiations will be rather quick and easy.

Without a doubt nothing a well trained Imperial Stormtrooper can handle.

Shouldn't be that Hard to prevent that idea.
They don't seem that different from some of our familiar races. I'm sure negotiations will be rather quick and easy.

Without a doubt nothing a well trained Imperial Stormtrooper can handle.

>I mean fuck you, Star Wars is passe and has been completely oversold. Get that 1970's shit out of here
Take. That. Back.

>Lord Sidious' light
>the Dark Side
Choose only one, faggot.

Not him and not even invested in this thread, but 40k is equally ridiculously outdated what with it visually being inspired by 1980's British sci-fi comic books.

Yeah man take that back

Can't help but feel that the most likely result of the settings colliding is probably an alliance between the imperium and the empire. Both have a lot to offer the other.

Problem is that 40k is far more Grimdark than Star Wars... And humans manage to survive in it. Psykers could mess up a Jedi or Sith based on sheer Chaos madness alone, and they're not even tied up with nearly as many moral quandaries as either.

>Implying this faggot knows shit about SW.
>Implying he's just baiting 40k and SW fans to bite each other's throats like and
Look, either use your "Dark Side" to help fight off some 'nids, or greenskins, or go back to where you came from with some stormtroopers with tentacles growing out of them. And it only gets worse from there.

You said the wrong thing on the wrong board, friendo.

We got DEATH STAR!
>We got DEATH STAR!
We got DEATH STAR!
>We got DEATH STAR!
We got DEATH STAR!
>We got DEATH STAR!
We got DEATH STAR!
>We got DEATH STAR!
We got DEATH STAR!
>We got DEATH STAR!
We got DEATH STAR!
>We got DEATH STAR!
We got DEATH STAR!
>We got DEATH STAR!
We got DEATH STAR!
>We got DEATH STAR!
We got DEATH STAR!
>We got DEATH STAR!

How quaint.

>implying the Imperium doesn't have twenty different forms of Exterminatus that could outclass the Death Star

OK, the top two guys are clearly being influenced by demons, but the troopers are clearly as effective and disciplined as we'd expect from an Imperial Guard unit, and their ships are using technology, presumably from the Dark Age, that is unmistakably of human craftsmanship and capable of crossing the galaxy at incredible speed without the need for the warp or Navigators.

Contact the Officio Assassinorium and have the witch-lords eliminated, then recruit the survivors. Expect resistance from the Navigator Great Houses, they're about to become obsolete. Any implication that the Astronomican is similarly obsolete will be treated as grand heresy, as normal.

Their heretical psychic powers can deflect bolts and maybe deflect light. The lightsaber would not be able to deflect a lasgun shot but would hit a bolt ... a bad idea since it is an explosive.

Flammer and Meltaguns would be better. Lightsabers can do nothing against these and even with their profane powers they can not deal with the purifying flames.

Uhhh, not familiar with demons there, All we know is that they have been granted the power of some "force". Never heard of those Officio pals there, but if you want to know how we make our cruisers and star destroyers, check our engineers. Sure they'd love to give you a tour from a new ally.

The real problem is reaction time. You can't move at lightspeed. Premonition might help you, but that's it.

Well, I mean, not to mention we are told to serve our lord, but, nothing else there.

Can imperial stormtrooper handle a maddening whisper from 10005000 year old demon that orders him to kill, maim and burn?

Well, they had to deal with the prequels, so... probably?

We adapt and shit

I don't know, he should. I heard about one of us going to Tatooine, and interrogating some old man over familiar droids.

The only thing I knew about though, was that the interrogation was a success and that they weren't the droids they were looking for

This entire thread is very uncomfortable to read.

During Great Crusade The Empire of Man culled Interex humans, and that was even before it became so trigger happy against everything that could be a little bit heretical.

No way that they could form such an alliance.

That is more interesting and in my opinion easier to answer without shitstorm: could Vader and Sidious defend themselves from assasins of the Empire? They are Siths so they expect betrayal at each step. This may rule out Callidus, Venemum and maybe Vindicare. Culexus can be approximated to Yuuzhan Vong: Force users could steal defeat them. Vanus lacks intel to make up any complex plans.

Now, Eversor on the other hand... that would be something plausible and could go both ways.

Going for those fish-esque "Taus" was a mistake.
How could we lose contact to many of our units?
How could they not even hear about our negotiations and plans?
Are they a slaver race? It seemed to be a mixed force.
Have any of theme EVER done close quarters combat? Hand to Hand?

Who is this Assassinorium and why does this name vex me?

The only voices they should be hearing is Mine, their Commander's, and the Emperor's. None else.

We have already submitted to The Emperor.

Want to come deamon slaying with us? It's terrific fun.

Yeah, I was counting premonition into it, single shots could be predicted but it would be hard to predict a bunch of quick shots.

Deflecting a blaster shot can be done because those are particles not lasers, when it comes to deflecting light things get complicated.
I assume that to deflect a light source or a laser the heretic would not react to it, but instead create a spacial deformity that would cause light to "bend" around it's body.

Light, in this case, the lasgun shot would travel at normal speed in a straight line but space itself would be bent around the heretic.

But that would cause another problem, not only the lasgun shot would be avoided but all light coming from that direction as well, causing the heretic to lose sight of it's foes, and maybe causing a blindspot to appear at it's place, from the point of view of the shooter.

I am one with the force, the force is with me. Discuss.

Yeah the empire would annihilate the IoM with a little difficulty. Hyperdrives outclass warp travel like a 747 outclasses a sailing ship. Blasters are stronger and more efficent than lasguns. Stormtroopers are better trained and more efficient than asta militarium and the Imperial Navy has nothing on the Empire. Star Destroyers heavily outclass their IoM equivalents.

>M-muh Death Star

How Cute

Empire dies to the IoM so fast, it's utterly comical. just compare the relative size of their warships! Star destroyers are a scant 1600 meters, compared to the multiple kilometers of a battle barge.

Also: Hyperdrive outclassing warp? Excuse me, which one can get you where you're going *before* you left? Yes, the Warp. Because it's fucking perilous, that's why.

Seriously, unless the Imperium breaks out some of the (now non-canon) expanded universe shit, they haven't got a prayer against the Imperium's (very canon) macro batteries.

Meanwhile, Hyperdrive is vastly more reliable than Warp travel, and the Empire knows how its guns actually work.

nice cropping, ass

The Imperium knows how it's guns work: by appeasing the machine spirits inside of them and maintaining their parts properly.

Seriously, i think the typical Imperial grunt in 40k knows more about the workings of his lasrifle than any ten imperial stormtroopers know about their blasters... not in the sense of "the power core main-lines plasma to the fusion cell" type technobabble, but in the sense of "She pulls just a gnat's whisker to the left and up, not the sights being misaligned, but he actual Las itself pulls as it travels through the air, I know this because i was issued this rifle on the first day of basic and it and I have a very special relationship."

Anyway, we're going at this all wrong: where's the first contact point here: planetary skirmish? Fleet contact? Who is assaulting whom?

How nostalgic. Albinoblacksheep, was it? Is that even still around?
>mfw I donĀ“t have a face.

>TFW your nostalgia is relevant enough to have a wikipedia page.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Gangsta_Rap

>not familiar with demons there
True, BUT.

The Dark Side isn't demons, BUT people who draw on that aspect of the supernatural elements of the setting, drawing on it without proper precautions, are always influenced by its negative presence. The two are close analogies to each other.

If you get a 40k character to look at a Sith Lord, they're going to say "daemons" like I'd look at a person using the Force to levitate something and say "magic trick"; that's the frame of reference that they have.

>Bring us Abaddon's head and we will talk until then buzz off.

Warp doesnt even work 40% of the time and when it does it sends ships into the past or future.
Size means shit when a sd has enough power to glass a planet. Not to mention there are 100 times more sds than IoM battleships. The empire can also build new ones dumbass.

I had a fun setting once where the galactic empire' imperium, and federation all existed together and were vying for supremacy

>TECHERESY BURN THEM ALLL!

>these power boots where made for stomping

>implying the AdMech wouldn't collectively soil themselves hard enough to put holes through the hulls of their Arks at the prospect of technology which can create plasma in such a stable and well-contained way that one can use it as a sword

>another galaxy full of technology

This is not Yuuzhan'tar approved.

>chainswords on the legs
Kek. Such a simple solution to such a retarded problem.

lolnotcanon

Which is kind of a shame. They were neat.

Unnecessarily edgy but neat.

Eisenhorn originally had a lightsaber and they were featured in ffg - the sollex fragment was an stc given to a forgeworld in calixis they used to create them

the two empires decide to forge an alliance

how fucked the xeno scum is?

Well seeing as Vader and Emperor are gonna be Purged for the heresy by Inquisitors or more (The force, even on EU standards could only do SO much until Psykers or the warp gets a hold of them), leaving the troopers to follow orders from (Far more capable) captains and commanders, who, when seeing a good opportunity for an alliance, will take it.

Yeah, most people's nostalgia does. Old shit ends up in encyclopedias. Duh.

>Warp doesnt even work 40% of the time and when it does it sends ships into the past or future.
That's like saying "ships always sink!"
They can sink, but that does not happen all the time.

>The empire can also build new ones dumbass.
So can the IoM. The AdMech can build them even in orbit of feral worlds if necessary.

SW ships have hilariously short fire range, so any space battle would be very onesided.
>waiting for visual contact in space

"Neato, more of that Archeotech we bought from Necromunda last week."

Are... are their spears snakes? Man, I need to look into the Star Wars EU.

Beep boop

Dude, Vader wouldn't say that shit at all! You don't send Vader to negotiate, you send him to kill the fuck out of things. Vader is a terrible negotiator, because he's bitter as fuck, physically monstrous, and perpetually angry.

No, you'd only send Vader when you need to attack an enemy ship or planet.

All things considered, however, 40K - a universe at perpetual war with unthinkable horrors - is likely to win a war against the Empire, because the Empire doesn't have the benefit of millenia of warfare behind it.

I mean, Vader is outmatched in most ways by a Space Marine Librarian, and he certainly can't outfight Grey Knights. The Jedi equivalent in 40K are the Inquisitors, and it's quite likely the while Eisenhorn (for example) isn't as psychically powerful as a typical Sith, 40K has the advantage of being loaded with anti-psyker gear to the point that even non-psychic Inquisitor know how to deal with 'witches'.

I assume Stormtroopers count as elite soldiers and are better than Guardsmen, and Star Wars has the ship advantage. But narratively, a lot of combat comes down to mano-a-mano fighting anyway, and in mano-a-mano shitkicking, 40K has the advantage.

Let's not even get into whether the Force is the Warp (In which case 40K gets a massive boost, and the Emperor will rise from his golden throne to shed tears of gratitude because 40K has just won the setting) or the Warp is the Force (in which case Force-users are shit on.)

DROID

They're in a pain-obsessed bio-tech developed racial culture, those snakes tense themselves to function as staffs/spears as well as going limber on command to bite and poison things. Their ships were some kind of living rock that propelled themselves with artificial gravity directions and launched bits of themselves as projectiles.

They were also supposedly force-null from having come from outside of the galaxy, so the Jedi couldn't get a good read on them the way they could most folks, and the more powerful ones had to act on them indirectly if they used the force; choking them with the air around their throats rather than just constricting the windpipes like Vader's seen to do.

The Vong were REALLY dumb and setting-inappropriate. They were actually a better fit for 40K, if we're comparing, as some kind of chaos-corrupted offshoot of humans.

starwars.wikia. com/wiki/List_of_battles/Legends

They also haven't had as many negative influences on them to detriment their technological and militaristic potential. War encourages development of warfare sure, but peace doesn't stop it especially with an empire that rules through fear and military force.

Millenia of warfare would make the people more tough, but it wouldn't suffice alone in comparison to peacetime developments of things that can be used For war.

The only way an alliance could happen is if Palpatine brought the Senate back and "gave up" the title of Emperor, since the Jedi manace was almost completely gone and, if he could convince the Imperium that the Jedi and the Rebels were heretics he could still be a Senator or something, with Darth Vader still acting as normal.

The only problem is the Force. Would the Imperium accept it, it could be considered a mutation, with the Midichlorians bullshit, or actually chaotic.

So I guess Palpatine would have be real smart not to get killed even if an alliance ever happened.

Hey Mr. Vader, would you happen to know anything about the whereabouts of your grandson? You know, the one who's creepy obsessed with you? Konrad and I have been trying to find him for... reasons.

>Ok, so get this.
>We have an emperor too, but he shoots lightning and stuff, talks huskily too.
>Kinda gave us an order to kill all Jedi once-
"You mean Psykers?"
>Yeah, sure, anyway, this dude's one of them, but, bad? you know, dark and stuff.
Marine starts simmering in rage
>So we go and follow his orders, unite humanity under our name, made allied planets and residents-
"You allied yourself with XENOS?"
>Hey, look, bud, we need cannon fodder, plus where else can we get cheap and easy blue milk.
>By the way, can your emperor do cool stuff like powers too? You know, shoot lightning, choke you with his mind, move stuff? Ours do. The only guys in black and carrying either a shiny glowing oversized dildo, or nothing at all. He flies though, but that's just him.

>setting inappropriate

Kind of the whole point. They're literally from another galaxy.

>But narratively, a lot of combat comes down to mano-a-mano fighting anyway, and in mano-a-mano shitkicking, 40K has the advantage.

I don't see that happening. Base Delta Zero. Base Delta Zero everything.

Then go home and lock the jumpgate behind us. That galaxy is boned anyway, long range probes just report lizard bugs and Orkz Orkz Orkz beyond the galactic rim.

>Googling the obscure EU term.
>Base Delta Zero means "Raze the planet"
Not much for conquering if you destroy everything on the planet, and we're assuming that the Empire is encroaching on Imperial worlds, what about vice-versa? How heavily defended is the typical Empire-controlled world?

Well, for that, let's look at it's backwater: Tatooine is about s far from the Sith's mind as any hunk of arid rock in the solar system. So, how hard is it to get on and off Tatooine? As the Millennium Falcon demonstrates, there ain't shit there stopping no-one.

How about Hoth? Middle of a fucking war zone, how hard was getting out? Not. Very. Star Destroyers, for all your vaunting of "Base Delta Zero" do a piss poor job of blockading and controlling void space around their target.

Now, what about it's biggest, most important planets? Coruscant? Did it even have an orbital traffic authority? Who or what was protecting these worlds?

Hell, the only time people have trouble getting onto a planet appears to be in episode 7, where the empire's successors have specifically installed a bubble shield around the entire freaking planet, and even that got avoided just by dropping out of hyperspace *inside* the shield.

kek, that's a converstaion I would like to see.

Chaos are or at least he's a rather tame example of one. yes he's at least eight feet tall and armored in a literal mech suit that makes your obvious cyberlimbs seem weak. hopefully this "Force" the rumors suggest you wield will be up for the task.

Now if you'll excuse me, we need to get to fighting these things.

FOR THE EMPEROR!!!

Why would the warp have any effect on Vader and the Emperor? Humans are not psychic at all in the Star Wars universe dumbass. And there isn't a single inquistor or assassin that can match Vader or Sheev in a fight. The empire uses actual tactics, camouflage, etc.

We've had this fight so often I can practically sing it. Here's the past conclusions (also from /k/, who go through this from time to time).

Space battles

>Empire defeats Imperium due to power of fighters, fighter-scale FTL, and very reliable, fast (cross galaxy in a week) FTL travel. Also FTL can be used from/to the edge of a planet's atmosphere (vs in 40k warp travel only gets you from the edge of a solar system to another). Also realtime galactic communication.
>With that alone, even if IoM cruisers were far more powerful than ISDs, they'd lose due to concentration of force and strategic mobility.
>Imperium ships are much larger but overall comparable to ISDs in offensive/defensive capabilities.
>Imperium will win nearly any boarding action by sheer numbers if nothing else. Empire has no defense against Space Marines and psykers

Land battles

>Imperium defeats Empire due to sheer numbers, even with generous assumptions about Stormtrooper elite-ness.
>Imperium's elites (Space Marines) again have no equivalent in Star Wars.
>Psykers are way, way, way more powerful than Jedi, and way more numerous. Empire killed most of theirs off, so now there's two Sith (each about equivalent to a SM Librarian) and a handful of Inquisitors (much weaker). Psykers also have a greater variety of powers, making them harder to counter as a whole.

A Jedi is about equivalent in overall powers, capabilities, and fighting style to an Eldar Warlock. The very best Jedi are roughly comparable to a farseer or SM librarian at best.

The thing is, the scale and power level of a setting has nothing to do with how much better or worse it is than another setting. Those are just thematic choices. Star Wars wins in naval battles for reasons having nothing to do with coolness. 40k's "take it to 11" superheroes win on the ground and in psi/magic battles.

THE END

If the IoM invaded the Star Wars universe they wouldn't be able to do shit on account that there isn't a warp in the Star Wars galaxy.

Or it does, but the SW galaxy just never interacted with it...

Yeah I wasn't aware that Psykers can make black holes that can engulf entire battleships or drain the life force of any living thing on an entire planet.

If the warp existed how could they not of interacted? The empire controls more space in their galaxy than the IoM controls in the Milky Way. The empire would have to has encounterd areas where the warp bleeds into the material universe warping reality. It hasn't happened so there is no warp.

This would leave the Imperium blockaded in every system. This would kill Hive-Worlds, Forge-Worlds, Shrine-Worlds.

Land battles ain't shit if your soldiers have no grub.

>EH, WHAT'S THAT?
>THE EMPEROR'S LIGHT, YOU SAY?
>ARE YOU HERE TO HELP US KILL THOSE REBELLIOUS GUARDSMEN?
>SPEAK UP, MY HEARING ISN'T WHAT IT USED TO BE.

They're different settings, so there's nothing in either setting that can retcon how things work in the other setting.

So a psyker would still deal with perils of the warp, etc, because that's in his setting. A jedi would not. There's no reason to believe that the Force is intrinsically more powerful than the Warp or vice versa. The touchstone, the common factor that you can use to measure relative power levels, is physical effects and effects on normal mundane humans (common to both settings and which operate on the same rules).

So now break it down. Both Vader and Sidious have powers that, at least from a physical standpoint, are similar to those of a Space Marine librarian. I'm talking the cartoons here, where their powers are more impressive than in the movies. Sidious's precog seems at best to be equivalent to an eldar Farseer's.

Even if you assume that culexis assassins can't affect Force Users the way they can psykers, the Imperium has a ton of people who are comparable to the. two most powerful characters in the Empire. And considerable experience countering strange/potent/magic-seeming abilities.

Jedi are even worse. Lightly armored, they depend on precognitive dodges and parries, exceptional training, and their awesome all-defeating energy swords. They're incredibly potent against regular troopers but not unbeatable. 40k has similar fighters, called Eldar Warlocks, with virtually the same statline. The Imperium kills these guys all the time, and has plenty of experience doing so.

Easy: the Force is not warp-based psychic fuckery, it's midichlorian based.

Psykers interact with the Warp. Force users interact with tiny life forms in your blood.

Would humans in 40k's reality also have midichlorians in this scenario?
Also, that doesn't really explain how Jedi can move rocks and other inorganic material around, seeing as they don't generally contain any organic matter.

Don't think so: 40k never says anything about midichlorians... unless they're just mitochondria...

Dude, don't push these questions on me, George Lucas is the one who wrote episode 1. I don't argue with the worst canon, i just use it conveniently in this argument.

So, Force works on 40k people just fine, and warp works in the galaxy far, far away.

Citation? And which side are you talking about?

The problem is that as you delve deeping into EU-ness (no longer canon in SW's case anyway), you start getting more and more ridiculous power creep. And fans tend to be hard core experts about one setting or the other, not both. So each canon has peripheral (often not-completely-canon) tales about power levels well in excess of what you see "on-screen".

Yep. We've had this argument like a million times. If somehow the Imperium can force a psi conflict or ground battle, they will win. If it comes down to naval might (as is most likely), then the Empire will win.

Hyperdrive >>>>>>> warp drive

And you know that we got a DEATHSTAR!
>And you know that we got a DEATHSTAR!

>Citation? And which side are you talking about?

Not him, but he's probably talking about those old Dark Horse comics about the Emperor reincarnated into clones of himself. He uses Force storms to rip fleets apart. It's pretty retarded, and with the axing of former EU stuff, no longer canon as far as I'm aware.

>If somehow the Imperium can force a psi conflict or ground battle

That's a big if
U U U U

But honestly, the Empire has zero reason to engage in land battles.

We call that Tuesday.

youtube.com/watch?v=NNc242mbiUs

Stronger psykers can control time and warp reality. Alpha level psykers can fly around DBZ style and rend titans into shreds. Meanwhile, you're using the absolute strongest force user for your feats, in which case, i'll just say Emperor, and the argument will be finished.