Kingdom Death Monster General /kdmg/

FINAL HOUR
>FINAL HOUR
FINAL HOUR

Old Thread: Kingdom Death is a company that makes a board game called Monster. That's hard to find in a google search though, so it's often just called Kingdom Death: Monster. It's a monster hunting board game which a campaign where you build up a small settlement of survivors.

Kickstarter link:
kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/description

More details about the game can be found there, and links to pledge managers and other important things are at the top of the page. FAQ is at the bottom of the page.

KD:M Miniature Count Spreadsheet with bonus statistics:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11ujOUYfjTFp3jOx7T4f3wl-KmxBh0hST0Spa2Q3fy2k/edit#gid=0

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2017/1/4/14153916/kingdom-death-monster-biggest-kickstarter-game-ever-most-funded?client=safari
polygon.com/2017/1/5/14175350/kingdom-death-monster-preview-review-everest-of-board-games-kickstarter
kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/comments?cursor=15620736#comment-15620735
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Poots senpai noticed us

OP fucked up with the image.

I want Pond Scum and user to go on a sexual misadventure.

Go for the add-on pledge.
$5 entry fee, then add the cost of the model you want, Hyperlight is $20, so the total becomes $25.
You should get the model early 2018.

stuck at BFL and just want satan, why even pleb

Everything I read about this sounds like a HUGE scam.

how does that get to 2010??

sounds like you understand it perfectly fine to me.

Except he has delivered the game and 12 expansions in the past.

Its kickstarter

Wait until they hear about the final total. Polygon already put out a salty, bitter rant about it.

He's already delivered once, he can deliver again.

link

KS1 delivered in full, the 1 expansion that didn't work out got refunded to everyone that pledged for it.
This is simply a 2nd KS for the same company, I think I can trust them to try their best to deliver.

srsly tho, if you look at his ties to the tabletop gaming community, but snubbing pledges he'd be blacklisting himself. no reason to destroy the reputation/community/relationships hes built unless poots is ok fucking off to never return with 12m.

IIRC, somewhere in the comments he'd mentioned that all of the quarries (at least higher level hunts) have gotten tweaked resource outputs. So, it's possible that not every change has been revealed just yet, though Cooking innovation changes would be one of the thing's I'd expect Poots to have covered.

Oh, all right. But, if I'm reading this correctly, these prices are outrageously high. Is there actually one you can only get for pledging over $1500?

is this the final update? Everything done?

Yea. He thanked us and everything. No more things are being added.

Those pledges are for literally everything old and new.

There are a few extra KD minis thrown in that you could buy from the store. Satan tier gets the Satan twins and Percival gets Percival.

ITS A TRAP

i can lay and bed and die now

Is Gambler KD-Atlas?

Or is he bringing back all of our survviros dead to poor rolls to fuck us.

link pls

I only pledged 35 bucks for two pin ups. Wish I could afford the full game. I hope those who can pay it really enjoy it!

Whoever just stole my satan.
Fuck you.

Im not sure, I read it as the final update was still coming in a few minutes.

I'm OG Satan at 1944.
If Poots reveals more that Satan pledges don't get, I'll fucking shit.

I'm already paying another $100 last fucking minute for a board I shouldn't even be buying.

shouldnta let that shit go dude. why did you?

>Not having a Satan since day one
you deserved it pleb

>stole
>misclick and lose your own pledge
damn son, you fucked up

Ohh. Still seems a bit expensive to me, but not exclusions role so

That's a nice sentiment. If I knew you you could come play with my game. Hope you can experience it, or whatever you want to experience one day!

google.com/amp/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2017/1/4/14153916/kingdom-death-monster-biggest-kickstarter-game-ever-most-funded?client=safari

I backed this in the first five minutes back in November but now that my hype has died down and I've been able to view the game more critically, I don't think this is the type of board game I would enjoy. It looks too bloated for my tastes. I mean I like painting models and everything but only for games that I'm actually going to play.

But then again I have a BFGL pledge, so this is the cheapest I'll ever be able to get the game.

You can play for $20 on TTS

Goddammit, I meant that there was one available but some tard was faster than me.

Who remembers when they said 777 was a total rip off...

That the Satan's would never sell...

That everyone would drop on the last day...

Oh wait that was yesterday.

So is the gamble chest worth $100?

That's the model included in the GC right?

Hm, should I switch to Percival for the EXCLUSIVE T-SHIRT?

$300 would be a nice deal for the Gambler's Chest, $100 is fucking robbery...
Of course it's worth it.

Yes. Unless you hate minis.

Yes. Well, probably not that exactly, but yea Gambler Chest has 2 Nemesis now.

Note that's been edited a bit from the original.

Yes. yes is is. it has been for some time now. (Though some people chose to say otherwise for various reasons)

I can always buy the pinups after the kickstarter right? or it's exclusive stuff?

Are you going to pay $500 for a Percival model and a shirt?

Thanks but sadly I'm pretty sure I'll never get to play . My usual friends would never look at the game and I doubt I'll be able to buy it again it seems. But one or two of the models at least let's me taste a bit of it.

Try it out on tabletop simulator

what did you get user ?

And now, to pupate for two years until my new expansions come in.

What is the contents? sorry, i'm not following it for a while.

Nothing on the KS is exclusive according to Anna.

Except for the shirts.

There's also a 2nd article that's much milder and more nuanced, oddly enough by the same author.
polygon.com/2017/1/5/14175350/kingdom-death-monster-preview-review-everest-of-board-games-kickstarter

Let's reflect a second. I am not a sceptic and I trust Poots to a large degree, but looking at how fucking bloated this whole KS became, I am wondering: Can he really pull this off? Let alone in time...

>$20 for delicous user mini
jeez

Oh, is there support for it on there ?

Is it normal to think about dropping another $200 on this even though I've never even played it once?

This isn't updated with the final day stuff or encounters and other stuff but here was the contents when the boneeater tribe was added.

Advanced Rulebook (Includes Philosophy of Death)
>36xMiniatures (counting Axefam as 3 and Papa+Kiddo as 1)
>1 Nemesis Miniature
2xPromo Gear Cards
9xRare Gear Cards [Includes 5 new Regal Armour cards]
9xGear Cards
1xArt Card
2xSecret Fighting Arts
6xFighting Arts
1xAdvanced Fighting Art
8xPhilosophy Cards
3xSettlement Events
1xDisorder Card
2xAdvanced Disorders
1xHunt Event
3xArmour Set Cards
5xFood Innovation Cards
+Romantic Only Gear (At least 2 items, Sword and Pipe)
+"New Bone Gear"
+"A Bunch of Cards" for Scouts of Death.
+A Bunch of Santa Nemesis stuff.

It's now 40+ minis, 2 Nemesis Monsters

I hope the vast minority of backers are planning to scalp. Would be pretty tragic if every ship wave over 25% is simply attempting to be resold.

Theres literally a picture on the front page of the kickstarter

IT AIN'T OVER YET

$13 MILLION STRETCH GOAL

>@Ringtailfox Fans, I jokingly promised Anna that I wouldn't put up the Ringtail Fox Set, unless we hit $13M. Don't worry, I am super excited to create it. It just won't be part of this Kickstarter Campaign. It's scope got so big, It would end up being its own core game!
kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/comments?cursor=15620736#comment-15620735

Man, If I had more money, I'd put $100 for those beautiful, beautiful showdown board...

All that palstic going to dem TITS and HIPS has to be paid for somehow.

Septic... You do know what that word means right?

So aside from the aditional art this final update added nothing, right? I mean the gambker nemesis was already added two updates ago.

In time? Almost certainly no.

But I got faith he can pull it off.

>In time
lol

>Bloated
Not really. Almost everything is/was a paid addon. I think he'll do pretty fine this time around compared to the last one.

>buying a lot of minis
>realizing that i can't paint
>even if i try it will look like shit anyway
What do?

a ton of miniatures
a set of advanced game mechanics that can be added to the base game.
And 2 Nemesis monsters.
The Antas one and the Gambler himself.

Learn?

Considering that he accomplished bringing Kingdom Death to life after the first Kickstarter that, being a very small company, and that the KS was $1M-$2M underfunded, without a doubt he will bring this one home.

It means I made a typo in sceptic

Hips of HIPS. One must admire the fitting nature of this design.

Where can I sell my kidney in 30 minute?

>It just won't be part of this Kickstarter Campaign.
;_;7

> It's scope got so big, It would end up being its own core game!
Welp, I'm fucking hype for the next few years.

Its still not as cheap as the first one, plus we're paying all shipping.

The Gambler's Chest has 46 minis in it.

The core game has 45.

It has MORE MINIS THAN THE CORE GAME. Granted, no Phoenix, but still. For $100? Jesus farting Christmas that's good.

You've got plenty of time to get good at painting before you actually get your shit.

Well you seem to have money, pay someone to paint them.

Compart the first campain in which Dragon King was $30 to the realistic discounted price of $75 this time around.
Poo has learned even if anna is the only decent designer.

Can I use the extra pledge money to pay for shipping if I decide I don't want an add-on?

I will be selling mine and not at scalper prices.

I'm a bit of perfectionist, you see. Even a little bit of glue left on the figure make me feel like shit

Ask Poots

Maybe but the KS fees scalp 10% off the total. He has specifically asked for people NOT TO DO THIS

Just get some metal miniatures, keep painting, getting constructive criticism, and stripping till youre decent.

Just means you'll have to work harder to get as good as you can. Have some faith and ambition boyo. That's how we got to where we are today.

I am not necessarily talking about funding (although with that amount of projects, mismanagement equally gets more likely especially for someone like Poots), but about the sheer amount of content this small team has to create.

>10%
holy hell, even ebay only takes ~3% from established sellers.

Not very hyped about the plastic board.
I prefer a flat surface to roll dice on personally.

But he is encouraging people to pay for add-ons now, which seems to suggest the opposite.

Is the money from the KS going toward mass production and sale of the game? That's what KS used to be used for right?

They have several years to get everything done and shipped for the new expansions. They have plenty of time.

This
Get some Infinity models because they are roughly the same size, have fantastic detail, and are metal so no worries when it comes to stripping the paint.

agreed it does seem hella overblown. however it is noteworthy that with the base game and the first expansions there is a lot of ground work that's already set up.

I'd say this time around it should actually be easier and more realistic to achieve whatever they set out to do.