Age of Sigmar General ! /aos/

Fucking Realms, How Do They Work? Edition

>resources
pastebin.com/vv6y7fLu

>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>OP image album
imgur.com/a/fHkqJ

Old thread: >Freshest Rules in Epub (Use READIUM for PC or KOBO on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!C0Z2nZyQ

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Age_of_Sigmar/Tactics/Edition_1.1/Sylvaneth
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shaven are shit

This thread belongs to the Sons of Hashut!

felling generous... which one do you want ?

Ironjawz, Khorne or Sylvaneth SC box?

Also, why does not one play/no battle reports/no talk of Slaves to Darkness, Flesh-eaters, Malignant or Greenskinz?

khorne is garbage tier except if you play deamons.
Ironjaws are cool.
Sylvaneth iswhat literraly half the playerbase plays.

>Also, why does not one play/no battle reports/no talk of Slaves to Darkness, Flesh-eaters, Malignant or Greenskinz?

Heh you didn't look hard enough.
no one bother with battlereport anymore for the last couple years and its only video

FEC are literally one of the most played,
Slaves to darkness are also played (as per the 10+ people dropping lists in the last 10 generals,
Malignant aren't even an army and greenskins have the worst model and worst rules of all destruction

I can't answer the 2nd question but for the first it depends on the play style you want since they all play a bit different.

Maybe something new?
I wanted to play with Jawz from the beginning so do it for me

yo /aos/ !
i'm going to partake in a tournament, at 1000pts, i wonder what you guys though of my list :
1 slaughterpriest-100pts
1 exalted with impaling spear-80pts
20 marauders with shield/axe-120pts
20 bloodreavers with hevay weapons-120pts
4x 5 marauders riders with javelins-400pts
5 wrathmongers-180pts

pick related because they are not!greek in spehss fantasy

do i have any chances ?

Jesus Fuck, the facebook AoS ground are filled with so many fucking stupid morons, how does anyone stand them?

Examples?

>do i have any chances ?
Depends on how serious this tourney is. If somebody goes full powerlist, you are screwed beyond compare, but in a more easygoing environment you might pull off something. Maybe.

By not visiting the facebook AoS morons, mostly.

how so ? i can get that powergamer will table me, but what are the weakness of this list ?

>Do i have any chances?
No, probably not. Maybe by some miracle maneuvering or if your opponents also all have footsloggy melee blobs, but I doubt it.
Which relics and traits do you plan on using?

- shitty Command Ability
- shit mobility, horsemen aside
- only two serious buffs
- horsemen are kinda meh as far as harassers go and suck at combat
- marauders with shields still won't shieldwall much of anything
- no range 2"+ weapons on any horde
- no unbinds
- semi-fighty hero in a faction all about buffing
- wrathmongers tend to benefit your opponent more than they benefit you
Really, I could go on.

Bad game.

40% of the army as move 12" faggot

I just think that you nedd a third hardhitting unit.... dont know how it is possible tho given the low point.

Tell us how it went tho, when is the tournament?

>look how shitty is your list, I wont post an improved list tho.

>shit mobility, horsemen aside
Slow army except half the army ? lol

40% if the army are shitty marauders on horses. Big whoop, they can move around but they can't fight their way out of a wet paperbag and die to a stiff breeze.

Show me your skellies.

I don't know what he owns, how the hell should I put a better list together for him. He either takes the advice he's been given and works it out from there or he doesn't.

>user, that list is kinda bad
>okay, what is bad about it?
>this, this and this
>oh, but...but you didn't post a better list, so it doesn't count
And mounted marauders are garbage, so don't bring up that shit.

The last pitched battle if possible please

Ditto. Narrative game would be fun too.

City of Secrets when?

Not now, maybe later, or maybe now, perhaps yesterday, who knows, but maybe you already own it? Only the god of change knows

Tell me about your the next tournament and army you want to run

Fyreslayers Start Collecting when

2k points next Friday, completely copying the last AoS stream deamon list

>Tell me about your the next tournament
>your the next tournament
wat

When g dub figures out they should've been 2 wounds each..

It is a typo, user. It is a common occurrence on the internet. Is this your first encounter with one?

I have beastmen/Brayherd whatever - is there a battle tome I need or just the free stuff on GW?

Not played since we got the points lists, relics, ect.

How are Skaven holding up under this new stuff?
Interested in getting back into stuff, so any advice on pestilens or jsut general Sakven stuff would be appreciated.

I also saw that my Glottkin is basically unplayable due to points cost too, so I guess he's just for casual games now.

My plagueclaw catapult dislikes this post.

all is free.

they are as good as before, go 1d4 vhan for more info

What is the WORST CHEESE you could throw at your opponent with this guy ?

I guess its Skarbrand/Scaarac ?

for those of you who dont know he can cast a spell that give a 18" fly move to a whole unit.

forgot the pic... just as planned

Flying, speedy Glottkin seems strong.

would you guys object if I use my ancient as treelord or durthu as treelord at a game?

Personally, I wouldn't, but you'd need to say so first.

its okay, just tell us before

Most people I know who play would be totally fine with that. I think most in this thread are fine with it as long as you ask before the game.

do you still get square bases when u buy from gw?

Just finished Gates of Azyr.

It was fucking awesome.

I don't understand people who don't like the new lore.

How popular are Stormcasts? I never have seen a list posted here.

Extremely popular but not overpowered.

Lots of resilience, units designed for specific purposes, low mobility and damage on most models.

Kroak + Vortex is the ultimate cheese

But for Sayl? 6+ stormfiends equipped with warpfire projectors

Thinking of starting a slyaneth army. What are the units like? The local GW staff and players just keep saying that AoS is unreal and that slyvaneth are good but i want to know why play them over army like skaven and flesh courts

Ask before the game and 99% of people will say that its fine

Dont expect to bring it to a tournament though

1d4chan.org/wiki/Age_of_Sigmar/Tactics/Edition_1.1/Sylvaneth

I do. Basically anything that isn't brand-new AoS (Stormcast, Fyreslayers, etc) I'm just stuck with the square bases in the box.

damn. what size are the sisters of thorn ROUND bases I should get?

What do you say/do with the people who are just determined to hate AoS no matter what? Even when it's clear they have no fucking idea what they are talking about.

about to order from GW anons. literally about to click it in. what do u think about this army?

Leaders
Treelord Ancient (300)
Branchwych (100)
Branchwych (100)
Spirit of Durthu (400)

Units
Dryads x 30 (360)
- Battleline
Tree-Revenants x 5 (100)
- Sylvaneth Battleline
Kurnoth Hunters x 3 (180)
- Scythes
Sisters of the Thorn x 5 (220)
Tree-Revenants x 5 (100)
- Sylvaneth Battleline

Battalions
Gnarlroot Wargrove (80)
Household (20)

Total: 1960/2000

I'll get 2 SC boxes and the rest seperately.

(I'll probably remove one branchwych and add something else in the future currently no more money)

Hello /aos/ I hope all is well. I have just gotten back into miniatures gaming after a few years, and there is a GW store conveniently near me. They are starting an Age of Sigmar league tomorrow, and I plan on joining in. I've been playing WHFB since 3rd Edition, and have a massive amount of Chaos miniatures. While I don't want to mess with most of it (and honestly Tamurkhan the Maggot Lord is a pain to transport), I do have a whole bunch of Khorne Daemons that I can re-base and re-paint for the league. I picked up the General's Handbook today and have been looking over it and I'm more than a bit confused.

Unit sizes are fluid, but point costs are not? Are there no more magic items? I really want to give this game an honest try, but I don't really know what to do. The league starts at 500 points, and here's what I have to work with (for now):

30 Bloodletters and two sets of full command
6 Flesh Hounds and Kharnak
Skulltaker

I know that's not anything exciting, but again, I'm only working with a limited palate as of right now. I think that's more than 500 points, but is there some sort of army guide? Is it considered 'bad taste' to bring those characters at a low point game? How do I make use of things like Chosen and Marauders? It looks like there are almost a dozen different armies across four factions, is that correct?

Sorry for asking so much, but I would greatly appreciate any feedback you would give.

There are 4 "Grand Alliances". However, each model has a keyword, which interacts differently/ affects army composition.

For instance, if your whole army is Khorne Daemons; Flesh Hounds can be taken as battleline.

As for points; you pay in increments. Example, Bloodletters are 100 for 10; and 100 more for the 10.

So, 10 BL's cost 100, 12 BL's cost 200, 20 BL's cost 200.

If you want to dick around with points, use scrollbuilder.com

Use 60x35mm Oval bases to replace 50x25mm cavalry bases. That's what my Made to Order Seekers of Slaanesh came on and what Saurus Knights are mounted on for example.

>- Scythes
Change these to bows. Unless you're super keen on Scythes.

i think you should order on another website for -30% discount

list is decent

which other site sends to "rest of the world" ?

Okay, thanks. I think I get it? I'll play around with scrollbuilder.

I'm from Australia. i order from Wayland to a PO box in uk.
i save maybe 50-60% VS buying in dolaridoos from GW but if you need the models fast just buy on GW, i didnt know you were "RestOfTheWorld"

>Unit sizes are fluid, but point costs are not?
If you're trying to be efficient you always take units in multiples of the minimum size. The points cost is for each set of that minimum amount of guys. So a unit could cost 100 points for 10, 200 points for 20, 300 of 30 etc. However, it's not granular down to the individual model. 12 dudes in the above example would still cost you 200 points, not 120.

>Are there no more magic items?
There are, but they're on of the things in each force's book and not freely available. The General's Handbook has some generic ones for each Grand Alliance. They're called Artefacts.

>12 dudes in the above example would still cost you 200 points, not 120.
Ah, I get it now.

According to warscroll, I can take a Soul Grinder, but I didn't see that as an option in the Handbook, I must have missed it. How important are monsters and the like? I love them, but they were often reduced to a hot pile of garbage in WHFB.

/thread

>I can take a Soul Grinder, but I didn't see that as an option in the Handbook
page 131

this site seems nice user thanks. I like the prices.

3 bows wont do much, the scythes give you a 2nd heavy hitting unit besides Durthu

1 big offensive is really easy to counter. 2 big threats is tougher to counter.

Unironically telling people to get scythe instead of Swords

>I must have missed it. How important are monsters and the like? I love them, but they were often reduced to a hot pile of garbage in WHFB.

oh boy... its basically "age of Monsters" as it should be now... Wait until you field your first bloodthirster..

So there are three daemon armies and a list of undivided stuff you can add on? That's what it looks like to me.

Oh, and dare I ask what happened to Slannesh? I don't see much of him/her in this so far, which is a damn shame as I love my Diazmonettes.

Because Scythes are better

Get over it shardfag

> M-Maths are wrong !!

Christ you are fucking dense mate

Your math assumes one scenario. There are many other scenarios that can play out. Scythes are better.

You are truly an insufferable faggot

Tzeentch killed slaanesh, will probably come back in 5 years when the fluff is much more developed

I gotcha dawg.

>Tzeentch killed slaneesh
Tzeentch conspired to have the elf gods kidnap slaneesh so they could steal back elf souls

Slaanesh died "Just As Planned"

>its basically "age of Monsters" as it should be now...
You say that like it's a good thing. Is it a bad thing? I have lots of monsters, I want to use them.

As soon as they ended the post with lol I knew they were shit

Well monster should be strong ingame as they are expensive in points and strong in the fluff. And now, they finally are strong.

I want to punch that child.

Surely having Sister of the Thron in you force removes having a pure SYLVANETH allegiance because they don't share that keyword?

Which means your Tree-Revenants can't be battleline.

Or is that not how that works?

So Slannesh is 'absent' and the Horned Rat is a Chaos God now? I'm not worshiping any damn rat.

Sounds good to me. I'll have to blow the dust off my Soul Grinders and Manticores.

Normally, yes, you are correct

However the Gnarlroot Wargrove lets you bring any ORDER WIZARD and since its a Sylvaneth Battalion it counts as a Sylvaneth unit for allegiance reasons

Thanks for the blog post Dave.
Also name faging is cancer
Get fucked. Welcome to Veeky Forums

A friend at my local GW wants to do a mini Path to Glory campaign but with our current armies.

Any ideas on converting/creating a Path to Glory for some Dispossessed? I have no idea what I'm really doing.

Slaanesh will be back user. Nurgle got his new models during the End Times/Same year as AoS launch, then Khorne for AoS Launch itself, now Tzeentch is getting stuff, and then finally it'll be Slaanesh.

Oh i didn't realise that they had the WIZARD keyword. Cheers for correcting me, I'm glad i understand the allegiance rule

>Namefag are cancer because i wont be able to samefagshitpost with ID.

It'll line up with the Slaanesh plotline of 40k. They will share a line

>So there are three daemon armies and a list of undivided stuff you can add on? That's what it looks like to me.

Sort of. There are layers to the Allegiance rules. If all your dudes have the "Khorne" keyword or are part of a "Khorne" battaltion then you can claim the Khorne allegiance. A really focused army allegiance like this usually comes with a few benefits, like Bloodcrushers and Flesh Hounds becoming battleline troops in the Khorne case. You can add neutral Chaos stuff or a different type of Chaos like Skaven, but now your army no longer is all Khorne and so you cannot take the Khorne Allegiance. Instead since you're all Chaos (Since Khorne guys also have the Chaos keyword), you'll probably take the Chaos Allegiance, which has some rules, artefacts, and benefits listed in the GHB. Essentially you want to balance the advantages you get from going for a narrow allegiance with the variety you get from going with a wide generic allegiance.

The Soul Grinder is a special case because he has a rule that lets him gain the keyword of whichever Chaos God you like. So you could include him with your Khorne deamons and still be all Khorne.

Never saw a namefag shitpost... unlike you.
why dont you go back shilling in your WHFB thread ?

You are a very rude person, quite uncharacteristic of Veeky Forums.

I would love to see some new Slaanesh models, the other new stuff looks pretty good. I'd be interested to see a Keeper of Secrets redesign (within reason).

Now that is very helpful. Thank you. I feel dumb not being able to figure this stuff out, I guess I'm just not reading carefully enough.

stop posting so much khorne art/models.
I can only get so erect..