EDH/Commander general

Tutors Are For Losers Edition

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

>Thread Topic:
How do you rank your decks if you have multiple? What is the threshold that affect those ranks?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/omnath-is-fucking-pissed-1/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/vial-smasher-thrasios-jlk-game-knights-2-1/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/whos-a-heretic-now/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/many-birds-with-arms/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Any advice for this Breya build?
Like 80% of the 4-color decks I have seen since this latest batch of damned precons was released, you need to work on your land base.

>But user, lands are boring and relatively expensive!
I'm not saying you need every fetch but ETB tapped lands are shitty unless they are a man land in a niche situation.

You know whats boring? Being color-fucked for seven turns.

Also your list has 2 Faerie Artisans

#
Scrap mastery is a must and you have too many creatures that dont do shit. You gotta put in shit like master transmuter and such. Your deck should be like a hybrid of tezzerator and eggs injected into a daretti deck.

>using mill in edh

Better Tutor stoppers are mindlock orb and stranglehold.

>using mill in edh
I just keep Archive Trap in Lazav for Trap Card Memes and possible free mill, especially early game if I get Lazav down

>Tutors Are For Losers Edition
You got rekt by combo edition
Casualfags complaining edition
Shit thread edition

Post 'em lads

Thread question: What's your next deck in the making? I'm looking at Shram to attempt the challenge of building Mono White and a general interest in making an enchantress deck.

Replied in old thread, derp.

"agreed.Probably gonna swap my "ramp guys" for straight up "cheat shit out" guys.

Which Tezzeret/s would you suggest? That's my main point I'm stuck on.
Is the other Daretti worth an include?

I was actually about to drop £4 on a Saheeli a few days ago but standard has a twin combo that needs her and she's tripled in price."

>What's your next deck in the making?

I would really like to make a Boros Groupslug deck since my group mostly plays multiplayer and if I show up with another blue deck they will shiv me at the door

EDH Confessions:

We recently decided to make some budget decks for when we get bored with out more powerful decks. ~$75 budget decks, I showed up with Talarand, 5 creatures and a proteus staff

Need to update this, but I put together Kambal last week, so now I'll be tuning him. I added some new cards to Niv and Molimo, need to try them out more, and I'm updating the mana base for Sliver Overlord.

Next I'll be building Brago.

post the angry elemental deck list

Just made these three in the last few days.

Gonna probably attempt to rebuild Meren. I wanna feel like a degenerate again.

I put sage of hours into Newzuri to teach my playgroup about threat assessment the hard way

I took this of the "my EDH playgroup" thing from a few weeks ago. ive added a partner commander deck thats vial smasher and the merfolk dude but im too lazy to editthe image further

>like to make a Boros Groupslug deck

Why RW?

RB would probably be better for group slug, or RWG for Gahiji, Honored One

Post Silas Renn? I've been to brew some stax/prison with him but it never really works out. He feeds Smokestack like a champ though.

>Tfw keep making decklists online instead of just picking one to build

but deck building is half the fun

I know that feel

Anya struck me as a fun commander, especially in my multiplayer group.

Red offers plenty of ways to let me get someone to half health.

I also don't have any voltrons (besides Lazav, kind-of) and I thought it would be fun.

Are you new? Everyone I know that plays commander always has a new deck idea.

It is pretty helpful because whenever we get a new player interested in our group three or four of us will already have a theory crafted build somewhere in their budget range because it is that addicting to make decks.

Have you evolved to online playtesting them yet?

Nah played for like 4 years now I just like doing it and am indecisive.
Yeah i test them online always.

>Budget, less powerful decks
>Talrand

"Local Blue player cannot stop being a little shit, more at 10"

and I'm right there with you, honestly.

Took me a bit, but here it is
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/omnath-is-fucking-pissed-1/

Still a first draft, but it has played out pretty well so far.

much appreciated, ive been wanting to build a deck around him for a while and need ideas

Need a status report, Veeky Forums: What partner decks have peeps in your playgroup been playing?

I'm the only one in both of my two groups who bothered to Partner. I'm starting to feel like a hipster faggot when I just wanna make decks.

you should add this card

Don't have it on tappedout yet but it's a janky affinity deck. I wanted a reason to use all those old cards from mirrodin like the Nim who say "+1/+0 for each artifact you control".

It needs a few more pieces and tutors tho. Only have demonic Tutor and fabricate in it so far. Getting that new chord of calling for artifacts card and Reshape soon. Need to buy some bigger artifacts like Myr battlesphere and Wurmcoil engine. The ones I have are in slobad.

>What partner decks have peeps in your playgroup been playing?
Boros Partners Equipment Voltron has been pretty alright.

one guy tried sidar and silas but everyone else kept laughing at him about how bad it was so he never brought it again. It was proxied though he was just testing it.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/vial-smasher-thrasios-jlk-game-knights-2-1/

i made a more budget version of this deck and its been working really well in my playgroup

also i dont know what /edhg/s opinion ofthe command zone is but i like it and i think you guys should give it a listen if you dont already. or dont, i dont want to tell you how to live your life

i just finished building brago as my first deck
don't really have my focus yet. it's a little too aura/enchantment based for my liking right now, i'd prefer it to be more creatures

Brother Plays Vial Smasher/Thrasios control(/spells).

It's very potent, Vial just kills you by accident and Thrasios finds big things to cast or just ramps you so you can cast the big shit you already have in hand.

Yeah, I agree that I need a bit more effects that can slap more lands into play per turn and that is certainly a juicy one. Thanks.

I've had three of them in my group.

Reyhan/Ravos: A general +1/+1 counter deck that's packing some recursion.

Tana/Sidar: Naya tokens.

Bruse/Ikra: This one I haven't entirely figured out yet. Seems like a life matters deck with some Doran aspects in it (Assault Formation, big butts etc). Only [;ayed against it once and it won with Aetherflux Reservoir.

Don't have any lists as none of the decks are mine.

Here's my usual favorite list to run. Mono black control with Liliana as the commander.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/whos-a-heretic-now/

>no blue

lmao look at this cuck

>blue player calling others cucks
The irony

I like them they're the correct balance of casual shitters and spikes. They dislike things shitters enjoy like group hug and the like and aren't actual crybabies about infinite combos.

Posted.

In trying to brainstorm a Breya control/reanimator list. Has anyone here ever seen or heard of anything like this? I was thinking the following Reanimate spells: Reanimate, exhume, dance of the dead, Animate dead, unburial rites, soul exchange, stitch together and necromancy. Also sneak attack and karmic guide.
And the following fatties: Elesh Norn, Jin Gitaxis, Sheldrod, blazing Archon, sire of Insanity, grave titian, ashen rider, void winnower, and kedrekdt leviathan.

Any spells or targets I'm missing?

>bought the not-matte kind of dragon shield sleeves because there weren't any matte for sale

worst decision of my fucking life

been there man

RIP user.

you should have just got ultra pros until the place could restock or wait the 2 days for dragon shields online

personally i literally cannot play without dragon shields mattes anymore, they are literally the perfect card sleeve

Feel you, man. Waiting a few weeks after other shit is paid for so I can go buy a few packs of matte Dragon shields for my decks so I don't have to play in Ultra Pro and non matte dragons.

Needed non matte clears for my flip cards though since I dislike pulling cards out and resleeving them.

>How do you rank your decks if you have multiple? What is the threshold that affect those ranks?
1. Angry Omnath
2. Shu Yun
3. Zada
4. Talrand
5. Saskia, Breya.

I rank the decks based on how consistently they perform within my playgroup (don't play outside of the playgroup). Angry Omnath is easy to pilot and handles multiple opponents very well. Shu Yun doesn't have the potential to multi-kill, but it is unsuspecting and does what it is supposed to do. Zada is a wildcard---intentional, but it still fizzles at times. I haven't played Talrand yet, and the 4colors are still works in-progress.

See picture.
Toss up between Saskia and Breya.

I enjoy building decks, and helping other people build decks. But getting the cards is a pain in the ass.

Not bad. At a glance, I'd recommend cutting Valakut and swapping out some Mountains for Forests.

>tfw don't want to continue making a deck because you know it's going to be bad.

I wish there was a card like Talrand in UR.

What commanders should i look for that would feel like theros standard green devotion? It doesnt have to be mono green but i'd like to play a BIG monsters deck with hydras and such. Also how do i keep from getting my shit pushed in.

Play mono green selvala

DRAGONSTORM MIZZIX!

Am I stupid or can it work? I dislike the idea of mizzix storm because that play style seems lame but dragonstorm seems like a really stupid fun card.

Why Breya exactly? Just for the sac outlet and a few tokens to get going?

Victimize is another good reanimate that comes to mind.

Well thats a lot of mana pretty fast.

guys i've been testing yahenni on xmage and he's pretty fun. a good mix of resilience, low manacost and strong beats. here's a spicy synergy package for him.

Genises Hydra or whatever

While I know this isnt EDH related, how are Ultra-Pro sleeves? Some of my decks are getting worn and the nearby shop only stocks Ultrapro and some other brand that isnt Dragon Shield which I previously used.

pretty bad

just order some matte dragon sleeves online if you can. once you feel the difference, you'll understand why

ultra pro is like okay. They're cheap and they sometimes break really fast but for the most part I haven't had a whole lot of issues with them. They just feel really flimsy compared to shit like Dragon shields. Dunno how they compare to KMCs.

they are the sleeve you go to when you cant afford better sleeves. they are not awful but they definitely are not good

ultra pro would be great if they didnt split so easily. you will spend way to much money replacing split sleeves to the point where you would have saved if you just bought dragon shield online

Best colors for control. White - removal/boardwipes, black - tutors/removal, red - looting/Planeswalker suite, blue - counters/Card draw/cantripping.
The colors also allows you to play a selection of planeswalkers that are all powerful and that aid in the game plan, and pretty much all of the colors are utilized with the exception of black which, while not used in planeswalkers, it's indispensable in tutors.

PW Suite: Nahiri the Harbinger, Dack Faden, Daretti, JTMS, Saheeli Rai.

She herself is a nearly perfect control commander in her own right. Utilizing things like thopter foundry and Eldrazi displacer to keep the flow of artifacts going she is able to lock down a decent board by herself.

They're alright. They've made at least two changes in their default sleeve size though, one of which was terrible for double sleeving, so I wouldn't recommend them. Switched to KMC sleeves and they've been pretty good.

I want red in my Bant so gay kings, are they like a mill effect?

What playstyle did bant offer you that you find better with RUWG's accessible commanders?

Or are you just looking for excuse to run with the fags?

That's be cool. I'd play the shit out of it.

Here is mine, with added bonus of "my group"
I don't even know. Dralnu, maybe?

Question,

would it be dumb to make a voltron deck with Sliver Hivelord as the commander and les than 20 Slivers?

Could anyone recommend a case that could hold at least 8 commander decks?

ya, but then again ive seen dumber shit work so go for it

>always asks about creatures in graveyard for lazav

I love my Lazav deck but it irks me how many people get annoyed when I have to ask about graveyard state (creatures/total/can I see etc).

The worst was when I went to a shop to play (which we usually just stick around my friends place) and actually paid an entry fee (red flag), I asked to see Kalia's graveyard and the guy is like:

>"I would prefer you ask specifically for what you need or keep track of my graveyard better if you are so worried about it. You are allowed to take notes"

I was looking at precons

I figured that worst case scenario he was a commander that was indestructible and use utility slivers based on the situation

do you have a list for your thopter tribal Breya?

This looks really fun, been looking to build liliana and might tweak this for my personal preferences and build it myself.
Thanks

If the "other brand" is kmc hyper matte, then go with those, they are slightly superior to dragon shields but they have less color choices

Ultra pro are pretty meh, they don't last nearly as long

>EDH with a Prize Pool
>Kaalia player

Say no more.

People who are sensitive about you touching their cards shouldn't be playing those cards then.

Disassembled a lot of my decks recently so these three are the only ones currently going, going to put together a creatureless Baral deck once aether revolt comes out, have some other ideas but nothing concrete.

Thanks, I think they are KMC but im not sure if they come in packs of 100

I think KMC comes in 80-count packs, which is annoying but the sleeves are real nice so I don't actually mind

Finally made one of these.

How is Silas for Dimir Artifact stuff?

Or is there a better Azorius Artifact commander I could funnel Sharuum Pieces into?

It use to be an Oloro for a while so I have a bunch of the lifegain/life matters cards too.

KMC only being available in 8- count is the sole reason why i dont buy them

You can buy them on Amazon in packs of 5 for a discount, letting you effectively sleeve 4 decks.

I prefer different colors for different decks, but being able to swap out cards between decks has its perks too.

>sleeving deck in the same color

no thank you

Local funhating faggot shitter.
I'm thinking about making a Melira deck, and some sort of UB deck, control type of deal.

Grenzo Doomsday is so strange and cool. What Doomsday piles do you use?

It's generally based on Zealous Conscripts and Kiki-Jiki in the pile with Grenzo out. You can go at it without Grenzo, you go Faithless Looting/Animate Dead/Worldgorger Dragon/Seige-Gang Commander. You make infinite mana, followed by re-animating a different creature, getting Siege-Gang Commander, and using him to fling Grenzo at everybody infinitely.

Recommend me commanders based on my stupid, stupid choices

Mobile fag here. Angry omnath is my top and favorite! I also have a sygg river cutthroat that literally has unlockable everything and draws cards (worsethanedric.dec) and my current project is derevi birds, because I want to have fun and not worry about winning all the time. I'm still patching it up but here's what I have so far.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/many-birds-with-arms/

Pic related also answers the question.

Colorless Thopter Voltron.

I want to pull Marath apart and build Uril
But I also want to build Seskia(Marchesa/Gahiji) pillowfort

>no Marit Lage legendary creature
Why is this game so shit?

>no Marit Lage legendary creature
There is tho

congrats ur basic

sure, a token.

I want a really card.

Not him, but Hope of Ghirapur looks fucking hilarious and awful as a Voltron build. Fits right in with my group.

>de facto Ichor Wellspring for 1 instead of 2
Slobad enjoys this.

Why did none of you tell me about this card?

You weren't ready yet.

You still aren't, but I don't give a fuck.

we didn't want you to succeed.

Why the fuck hasn't anybody told me either?