/swg/ my waifu is shit edition

Previous Thread Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Juma_Juice
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Are there any canonical 4-armed protocol droids out there?

Posting best ship.

For epic play in x wing, are generics prefered over aces ? Also are ordinace boats an ideal build for supporting fighters?

Best way to up the handling of a G9 Rigger in EotE/AoR? Weld a TIE/IN wing on the port side?

Get that one pilot talent which eats Setback dice.

Even if I get both of those it only gets the handling to zero. I was hoping for a more physical solution.

There might be a Rigger talent to improve handling, but no, there are no generic mods which actually improve a vehicle's Handling rating. In fact many of them further decrease handling. You'll have to switch chassis (I/E, buy a new ship that can actually steer) or come up with some kind of crazy plan with your GM.

Dead thread, post favourite sabers.

pls no bully Kylo Ren is my waifu

Can someone post the online pdf for the ugly creator? the one that involved rolling d100s?

Why is he so cute

JADEN, I-

AAAAGH

Rey I...

i want to include droidekas as a foe in AoR, but the personal deflector only gives 2 black dice, which seems like it wont help them much against shooting and is unlike the stonewall it seems to be in the movie, would it be better as a second life bar with a ton of soak?

Shit on TFA all you like, I think Kylo Ren's character is perfect for this story. No movie antagonist would ever be able to measure to Vader, so let's make the villain someone who's hung up over exactly that.

Am I doing it right?

What do you guys think the Empire uses as a squad automatic weapon or automatic rifle?

This thread is now /krg/ Kylo Ren General

Give it 2 ranks of Adversary.

It feels like Edgy the Hedgehog territory, but I always liked the look of the Darksaber. It's just a shame the show never actually explained anything about it.

they have an actual lewis gun used as a prop

it was supposed to be normal vibro blade, but lucas said that a normal bladel cannot resist a lightsaber, so it was changed to a lightsaber

They use the DLT-9 or whatever, the old German MG you see some guys carrying in ANH.

I think they're going to explain it more in Rebels?

So how do you determine what resources your rpgs villians have? I don't think I'm doing it right

Skilled Jockey Talent, surprisingly good at making flying bricks more viable for party vehicles

They actually have stats in one of the adventures. I'll see if I can't dig them up. Adversary is a good move, and remember these are Rival-class threats, so they have a full HP bar period. Give them some heavy Soak, Adversary 1-2 and don't forget Defense 2/2 because let me tell you those black dice are annoying a fuck.

Trying to make a list for my first tournament which is in a month. Figured I'd prepare now in case there's any ships I need to pick up beforehand.

I was thinking of using one big ship, probably Rey, Kanan, or Cassian. Then have a support ship with it (Or in the case of Cassian a few since he's relatively cheap). I've had great luck with using Rey and having Jan support her with an extra dice in casual play but I'm just afraid someone at the tournament level will see through it and gun Jan down immediately. If Sabine's TIE is out in time I was thinking of using that as well (maybe even two Rebel TIEs if I have the points).

How do you guys prepare for tournaments? Sorry if I'm rambling, I've just got like 50 squad ideas and I have no clue if they're viable or not.

How to fix Kylo:
Don';t be so hamfisted with his parentage
Never take the helmet off
He beats Rey in the duel, but the ground separates and he can't get the kill/he lets her go

I love his aesthetic design, I love his fighting style, I love his character. They had something great up until the last 10 minutes and then took a big dump on it to make Rey look tough, which she definitely didn't need.

well, with adversary 2 and a personal deflector, thats 4 black dice, reducing about 1 wound per attack, with a small chance of reducing 4 wounds

>it was supposed to be normal vibro blade, but lucas said that a normal bladel cannot resist a lightsaber, so it was changed to a lightsaber
That's also why it has a noticeably flat edge and hums differently than other lightsabers.

Posting more of my boyf.

Honestly? Whatever feels right.

Destroyer Droid [Rival]
Brawn 5 Agility 3 Intellect 1 Cunning 1 Willpower 1 Presence 1
Soak: 8 WT: 18
Skills: Gunnery 2, Perception 3, Resilience 3
Abilities:
Droid
Shield Projector (As a maneuver, activate/deactivate shield projector. Adds 2 Defense and Upgrades checks against the Droideka once, but cannot use Move maneuver)
Fire Sweep (Make a Hard (3D) Gunnery check, if successful, inflicts base damage on two targets within range of Heavy Blasters, plus one additional target for 1 Adv)
Equipment:
Two Built-in Twin Droideka Heavy Blasters (Dam 12, Crit 3, Long range, Autofire, Linked 1, Piece 1, Vicious 1)
Stomping Leg (Dam 5, Crit 5, Engaged range, Knockdown)

Yeah, so, Shield Projector ability gives them +2 Defense and basically an adversary level. More thematic than just those two factors, of course. Oh, and Autofire/Linked heavy weapons.

Just do what seems logical

No no my friend, Adversary/Upgrades means RED dice. This means Despairs are possible, among other things.

A dual-phase saberstaff whose hilt can expand up to forcepike length, and that can split into two normal sabers.

I have never GMed
oh damn, that makes things way better

no you fool, this is a saber

Kylo does not require fixing because he is already a qt.
Rey, on the other hand, could benefit from significant fixes.

What precisely are you having issues with?

Most recurring villains have power in at least of three places:

> Personal power

Sith with a lightsaber, bounty hunter with a jetpack and a flame projector. Classic stuff. Threatens PCs directly with direct power.

> Material

Doesn't fight directly, but has armies at their command. The commander of a base garrison, the captain of a starship, the leader of a criminal gang. Threatens by weight of numbers.

> Political

Doesn't fight directly, but uses leverage over the party. Perhaps this wrapping them up in red tape, by applying blackmail, or hiring forces to interfere indrectly. The politician, crime lord, or businessman is this sort. Threatens the party by hampering their movements.

How important they are to a PC's story or the overall plot determines how much of said resources they wield. Obviously the BBEG can have a lot of two of these (Vader is a classic Personal Power / Materiel villain), whereas an individual PC's nemesis might be very strong in one but lacking in the other two (see Boba Fett as a Personal Power villain versus Han).

>Saber will never be your father (female)

Is this a saber?

only if its piloted by a saber

why is there so much fate crossovers with star wars

I may have goofed allowing a PC to start with a flame projector, the blast quality makes a lot of encounters a joke

what is the best way to stop it without resorting to fortified snipers nests?

>How to fix Kylo:
It's like you completely missed the fucking point of Kylo.
>Don';t be so hamfisted with his parentage
It's Star Wars. Star Wars and hammy hands have gone together since the start.
>Never take the helmet off
The point is that he's a pathetic immitation of Vader. A wannabe. Adam Driver is perfect casting because he has a deep, commanding voice but such a punchable bitch face.
>He beats Rey in the duel, but the ground separates and he can't get the kill/he lets her go
It wasn't that Rey was that good, but that he just sucked that much. And had a hole in his side.

Wait, I thought vibroblades could counter lightsabers? Or is that strictly KotOR?

Those were KOTOR rules.
Lucas seems to have forgotten that Empire established that there are such things as materials a lightsaber can't cut through. At least not with ease.

Flame Projectors are military-grade weapons. Law Enforcement on any planet will like to have a talk with a guy just toting a flamethrower walking down the street. Same for when the crew has to have that high-stakes negotiation with a Hutt lord or an Imperial officer. How do you think peeps IRL would respond to someone like this?

KotOR gets to use the C word. No one else does.

Lightsaber blades can't cut steel beams?

Go to a planet that outlaws flamethrowers on humanitarian grounds, or a space station that bans the weapon on potential collateral damage to the life support system.

That way you don't take something away from the player, and they can still use it for some encounters, but they'll be punished/avoid using it for encounters you don't want them to.

If Anakin's shoulder counts as a steel beam, then yes.

In past threads, it was mentioned somewhere that George was cool with non-sword items resisting lightsabers (see: Magnaguard staffs' energized bits, Vader's armor). I think he just wanted lightsabers to be the top sword in the sword food chain.

I just looked it up, it was because of a cortosis weave

And the walkway railing.

I'm straight as an arrow, but I would honestly rather hang out with Kylo shooting at space cans on a backyard fence with blasters than make sweet sweet space love to Rey in a Coruscant luxury hotel.

Another form of power is being able to be persistent. I had a nemesis in one of my campaigns: she was a pretty good pilot and a decent shot, but not remarkable and didn't have a huge amount of political power. However, she was tough, and always had deep enough pockets to come back to bother the PCs (in some cases with dope cybernetics making her even more deadly than before). For a clearer example: the PCs make an enemy of a local battledroid manufacturer. He doesn;t have any big Imperial contracts and thus can't pull any real out of system weight, but has lots of money to spend on throwing things at the players. Expect a constant stream of battledroid squads and automated starfighters that over time become more skilled at countering the players.

alderaan was an inside job

Just do what I did when one PC bummed a Flame Projector for a mission.

Describe the horrible collateral damage and screaming painful death of everyone hit by it. You'd be surprised how quickly some people reconsider how efficient their weapons are after they experience a few, say, imperial officers in nothing but their starched uniforms being incinerated where they stand.

And having to deal with their flaming corpses heaped over all the consoles.

>It wasn't that Rey was that good, but that he just sucked that much.
That's not the impression given when he suspends the blaster bolt mid air for several minutes towars the beginning. The way I see it it's almost entirely because Rey is a mary sue.

>not canon
george lucas would like a few words with kotor

when i described the torched screaming remains of his victims, it only made him attached to his flamethrower even more

>Kylo sucked
He may be ruled by emotion and not on Vader levels, but he was fucking tough and dope pretty much everywhere up until there. He can stop blaster bolts mid air, he killed all of Luke's padawans, he's dope and deadly.

Rey beating him was my only real complaint with the movie. She's never fought with a lightsaber before then. Granted he was wounded, I feel like they should have made that way more apparent.

>make sweet sweet space love to Rey in a Coruscant luxury hotel.

That's because the proper way to make space love to Rey is sweaty and downright dirty - preferably in some close, grungy locale like an engine compartment or scavenger's den.

That was when he was at full health and fully focused.
By the end, he had a hole in his side and was emotionally wrecked even though he thought he would be hot shit.
This is the same Kylo who barely beat the fucking Stormtrooper.
And had even more time to bleed out afterwards.
C-3PO could have beaten him by then.

Mary Sue or not, the bitch got some serious plot armor going.

>I feel like they should have made that way more apparent.
What more do you need? There was blood constantly flowing out of him and he had to stop and punch himself in the hole to try to rile up his emotions as he weakened.

That doesn't change that every other padawan had trouble moving pebbles at first even with instruction, but she can just straight into force everything. Not to mention the facts that she's an ace-tier pilot with no training, speaks every language, etc.

han solo was suitably impressed by the power of the bowcaster, and he carries a space desert eagle with him, so the implication is that the bowcaster hits like a train

Huh. All my players had a pretty quick turn around from "oh my god this is amazing" to "oh, right, flaming horrible death and charred corpses covering everything we want to use. Maybe we'll just put this back in the armory".

>sweaty, mechanical grease covered sex with Rey in an access shaft of the Falcon

Okay, now its fifty fifty. Slight edge still to my boy Kylo because we can have dope lightsaber practice fights, get way too angry when we get hurt and devolve to wrassling and punching eachother in the face, then going inside and cooling off over space-Lucky Lager

Yes I have autism

He should havebeen severely limping, hand clutched to his side the whole time.
>blood pouring
there were like 5 drops in the snow at the start of the fight. Can you imagine how cool it would be if the whole fight was Kylo beating the bals of the heroes one handed, stumbling around like a drunk?

Yeah, like none of the original Heroic Three had any plot armor. Nosirree.

Her insane amount of Force power despite only having heard about it like a week ago does irk me, to be fair. Like when she goes and Mind Tricks the fuck out of Bond and is able to mentally overpower Ren.

The difference being you actually played with humans, whereas the other user GMs for at least one murderhobo.

She had training from an imperial flight simulator in the AT-AT she lived in, What languages is she implied to speak other than Basic, and an ability to understand Shyyriwook, and Droid Beep Language, which most anyone in the galaxy seemed to be able to do in all 7 movies, your points have no merit.

What about the Magna Guards Electro Sticks. Just give the blade little electrical effect lucas you hack

I'm might be remembering incorrectly, but doesn't that fight just kind of end? Like, they just overpower him for a second, and then he runs away into the forest, and then the planet explodes, and then he just shows up in snokes room and is all like "lol i escaped"

that really bugged me if i'm remembering it right, but i'm pretty drunk right now so idk

I never said they didn't, did I?

Rey gets her standard issue second wind (after starting to lose the fight despite the fact that she's third in line to take on Kylo), she gets a good shot in on him so he has to take a knee, and before she can decide what to do from there - fate *coughTheForcecough* intervenes and separates them. Rey runs off into the woods and supposedly Hux picked Kylo back up.

Well, she is obviously supposed to be a prodigy. We should be used to this idea by now in Star Wars, though the clockwork formulaity of her ability to solve problems IS way to predictable, it kills verisimilitude (Rey gets literally everything right on her second try - a telegraph that she doesn't know what she's doing but has talent, but too predictable for many people to buy into).

But, the movie tries, at least. She knows how to use a staff - melee experience. She drives a speeder - pilot experience (aside from the novelization outright stating she's flown sims). She says she helped Plutt repair the Falcon, hence her mechanical experience with the ship. And, she knows of legends of Luke and some of the stuff he's done - a key that she's actually heard stories of Jedi knights but the movie choses not to comment on any of it further. The only thing we see her explicitly "learn" to do is shoot a gun. and I guess flip the mind probe.

>Lucas seems to have forgotten that Empire established that there are such things as materials a lightsaber can't cut through
Not just Lucas, but Disney seems to have overturned that shit completely. For example in the Vader comics, he has zero issues cutting through phrik plating.

Microsoft flight simulator might teach you to remember to pull your gear up after takeoff, but it can't make you an ace, and if Finn can't speak droid beep language despite almost assuredly working with droids in sanitation, then there's literally no reason a backwater scavver should.

She out of nowhere blows the fuck out of him, totally overpowers him, blasts him in the fast with her sword and could have easily finished him off.

It should have ended with that saber lock, and then a big explosion or something which let Rey escape/gaing the upperhand long enough to escape.

>scavver can't speak droid
I imagine someone who has to deal with droids/techs/lots of different sorts on the reg would have lots of languages under her belt (keeping in mind that pretty much everyone in Starwars is bilingual at least, more likely tri+ lingual save for maybe Clones and FO troopers).

And this wouldn't be Microsoft flight sim, this would be some real next level Imperial shit. Definitely not the same as having a full TIE cockpit+sim software ala real training facilities, but you have to imagine that by the end of the GCW the Empire has some very well-developed software. And again, natural talent can take you a loooong way in pretty much any field. (Eg., I've heard people pick up an instrument and play it with more soul and precision in a month than a "trained" musician can after five years of practice. I imagine it's the same for operating vehicles).

>someone who has to deal with droids
Broken droids, sure, but intact, functional droids would be very rare on Jakku. Knowing what part of the droid is worth hauling back to sell isn't the same a memorizing what every beep boop combination can mean.

But if they find a functional droid and have an inquisitive mind, they'd want to learn everything they could from the droid, knowing the beep language would be very useful for pretty much everyone.

This is vaguely relevant to the current vibe of the thread, as well as the below post of mine, but how is language learning handled in the Starwars universe?

I'm very drunk also, I need to know more about Starwars alcohols

What is a fine but illegal alcohol (or other narcotic beverage) in the SW universe? I need contraband for my players to smuggle.

Given the commonplace nature of droids in Starwars, pretty much anywhere is liable to have high levels of droid contact. Given that Rey's job is dealing scrap, mechanical parts, and the like, it would be strange for her not to have at least a basic knowledge of binary. Eg., Luke, someone who has been a moisture farmer since birth, can understand R2; it makes sense that she could understand droid languages.

Spice wine is the classic illegal booze in SW.

Whyren's Reserve is a rare Corellian whiskey that's got pretty high import/export tariffs. Also it can be found in FFG's Sons of Fortune book.

believe it or not, juma juice was dangerous during the kotor era, but not during the clone wars

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Juma_Juice

IT'S HAPPENED!

IT'S REAL

JEDI PRINCE ON REBELS RECON!

Spice wine is a bit too bland for my hipster craft beer tastes.

I like these.

Top giggle

Reminder that good soldiers follow orders

Oh man, I was trying to see what Pablo was reading.

DARK GREETINGS, MOTHERFUCKERS.

>war flashbacks to Pong Krell

Has anyone got a hold of friends like these? I heard the Mando shuttle and pirate carrier are ridiculous in it? what are their stats?

7o

>finn cant speak droid
i guess stormtroopers dont need to talk to astromechs

But do they hop on one transparisteel leg?

Press F for Fives

Craft beer isn't hipster at all. There are two kinds of beer in this world... Shit-tasting piss beer, and craft ales (also known as microbrews). The latter comes in a variety of flavor, encourages competition between breweries, and ultimately leads to better beer that the rest of the world has already been enjoying.

The former is shit, and shouldn't be consumed by anyone.

One of my dream star wars games (to either play in or run) is to have everyone start with an identical character sheet, equipment list, and a randomly rolled serial number for name. And play as a clone fireteam in the clone wars. As you survive, you spend your exp in different ways to specialize in your own niche, and develop your own personality, nick names and that sort of thing.

If the GM was good enough to do it without it being a DMPC, they could even include a Jedi for you to bond with before you have to shoot them in the back at the end of the war.