Lost & Damned Creation Thread

Since the other creation thread isn't doing anything right now, fuck it. Let's make some Lost & Damned.

Roll 1d10 for our merry band of deserters former regiment classification.

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Lost_and_the_Damned_Creation_Tables
youtube.com/watch?v=TZsUAqaOiHU
youtu.be/haMpdX_amXk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Rolled 6 (1d10)

Fuck it.

Former Planetary Defense Force eh? Alrighty then.

Roll 1d100 for their regiment demographic.

Rolled 76 (1d100)

alright, since no one seems to care on this one, I'll roll it myself.

Rolled 60 (1d100)

I'm hoping we end up with Chaos Bikers.

Well, we got Gangers, and then I'll count your roll as if it were a d10 for the Nature of recruitment roll, meaning we've got a primarily gang-based PDF force who recruits the usual best and brightest it can train up.

Chaos Bikers looks like it might actually happen.

Next, lets get a d100 for their homeworld!

Rolled 99 (1d100)

FURY ROAD!

WHO NEEDS A HOME WORLD.

ROLL 1d100 FOR THE TERRAIN WE LOST.

Link for the table?

Nvm found one

oh sure, right here.
1d4chan.org/wiki/Lost_and_the_Damned_Creation_Tables

Thanks anyway

Rolled 25 (1d100)

hoping it was an Ice world

Rolled 5 (1d100)

Alas, it was a desert. Fury Road is looking more likely by the day.

Now lets roll a d100 for the regiment's core units!

Rolled 1 (1d100)

Oh boy

We're infantry. Now, roll 1d10 for our specialization.

Rolled 6 (1d10)

> INFANTRY FOR TEH WIN!

Rollan for tactical shenanigans!

looks like CQC for us boys

CLOSE COMBAT.

oh this is gonna be good.

Give a d10 for our Loyalty Rating.

Rolled 9 (1d10)

Let's see

Rolled 7 (1d10)

Let us be the gutless dogs that we know that we are, worthless flesh-bags good only for killing or being killed

Only in death are we worthy

Unorthodox huh? We need to brainstorm some ideas on how.

Now, a d100 for our Specialty Equiptment.

Rolled 69 (1d100)

I say that honestly we just bastardize anything we believe in- shorten words and change degrees of separation between things so much that everything's indecipherable.

Rolled 27 (1d100)

Hey, what if this Biker horde was Tzeentchian, and obsessed with spreading anarchy and mayhem?

our troops are now AUGMENTED.

well, if we want unorthodox tzeentch bikers, what if we had them worship a part of tzeentch that goes more unnoticed among the regular chaos bunch. What about hope ?

Roll 1d100 for our regiment's CREED.

Rolled 74 (1d100)

It better be something suitably convoluted.

We are the best, and if someone else acts like they are, we just do what they do but we change it up?

We're going to be the very best. Like no one ever was. We augment ourselves with machine and magic because we lost our world once, and we will never let that happen again.

I'm just picturing furiosa guardsmen etching symbols of their lost world into their prosthetics, from the mundane and simple like brand names to fragments of maps or lost language.

Roll d100 for our allies!

Rolled 23 (1d100)

What if they believed that Chaos was the only Truth and believed that by spreading Chaos and the Warp, they were actually spreading the Truth?

dice+1d100

Nevermind, not only was I late, I can't into dice

We've got either some other chaos bros or a specific chaos lord on our team. Radical!

Now, who are our enemies? 1d100 please.

Rolled 85 (1d100)

Let's fight

the IMPERIUM OF MAN is our sworn enemy, likely responsible for the loss of our home planet

We fight the oldest battle of all followers of the Great Four. The Imperium itself.

Lets roll to figure out exactly what part of the imperium hates our guts!

roll 1d100

It sounds like we're allies with a Chaos warband or specific Chaos Lord! That opens up a whole new can of worms. What if we were bros with a Khornate Warband, because we're anarchic Bikers that prefer to Rip and Tear our foes and we don't really use magic at all compared to other Tzeentchian warbands, which makes us look much better in comparison?

Rolled 90 (1d100)

The Officio Assassinorum is our enemy within the Imperium

OK then. What do we do now OP?

I'm tickled at the concept of a Tzeentchian Biker horde and a Khornate Berserker horde being able to put aside their differences and bond over a mutual love of brutal melee combat.

Foul Assassins!

So thats the last roll on us. Do we want to roll up our friend warband?

The question is, if we DO use magic how do we do it? I'm picturing using tzeetchian scrying as hardcore combat precognition. Super sense, future sight, all kinds of shit to make us seem like supercompetent badasses, when in reality we're just seeing it ahead of time and planning accordingly.

its like a lesser version of eldar precognition, that when tested against the eldars' probably isn't as good, but is useful for helping the lost and the damned survive the rather numerous assassins that come after them

Knowing that an eversor is coming certainly helps one avoid or defeat it

This post was me by the way
I love it! just an idea on a motto of some kind for us, considering our loss.
>Fairness is the providence of those unacquainted with loss. We, who have lost everything will harbor no such compunctions.
In response to the whole "KHORNE HATES MAGIC" dealy.

Rolled 68 (1d100)

LAST ROLL!

>Tarrelians

uhhh... who?

You know that table's really only there if you roll the "lesser Xenos" option on the enemies/allies table.

That said, should we roll up stuff for our brethren Khorne warband?

Ah, I don't think we should roll up the Khornates, instead, let's flesh out the Bikers. Who's their leader, and how is the Warband organized?

how about the leader is some kind of humungus-type biker leader to keep it up with the mad max theme?

Alright lets lay out our facts. We're unorthodox Tzeentch-worshipping bikers from a desert world that got blown up. We're buds with a Khornate warband, and have assassins after us. And we augment our soldiers.

You know what this sounds like to me?
THERE ARE NO HEROES LEFT IN THE IMPERIUM OF MAN
youtube.com/watch?v=TZsUAqaOiHU

A wily and brutal man, Kirilius Rex was a simple PDF guardsman when Tzeentch came to him in his dreams. Had he been caught before-hand, it would become known that he was a psyker that had not been found by the black fleet on its pass through the system.

To avoid the Imperium sanctioned destruction of his world, Kirilius followed the guidance of Tzeentch and led his fellow PDF away from the destruction that overcame the rest of the homeworld they fought to defend, only to have it destroyed by those they defended it for

Now he leads his men into new glories for Tzeentch in exchange for the god's precognition to stay alive

Huh. I kind of like this, though I want to say the reason behind our not-so-friendly neighborhood assassins should be our ideology. If we keep with the hope aspect of Tzeentch we're dangerously seductive to the average imperium citizen. We're a group of former defenders, now preaching a message of letting it never happen again with the aid of a god who gives us sick powers.

The inquisition must HATE us.

how about this for unorthodox Tzeentch worship

We know that, and have proof that, the Inquisition was up to strange shady shit on our homeplanet, and are going around system to system to spread the truth

Sorry, they also nuked our boys to cover it up, and we serve Tzeentch by fucking over Inquisitors all over the place

I love it.

We lost our world to the machinations of a corrupt inquisition. We shall never let it happen to anyone ever again. Through the cleansing flames of Tzeentch, we will expose this corruption, this stagnant rot that took our home from us.

And we will scour it from the stars.

We are Tzeentchian Vigilante Bikers. This is the best.

Agreed!

For the visual of Kirilius Rex, I admit to shamelessly ripping from Mad Max. I just like the look of Immortan Joe too much.

Obviously he doesn't necessarily need the whole rebreather getup, but I really like the look of a huge, imposing warrior that is also a cunning tactician

Hmm, perhaps he isn't a skilled orator, but has a trusty right-hand man to do all the word-work for him, a real smooth operator that knows how to play to a crowd and rile them up in all the ways that he needs to

Should this guy be conniving or trust-worthy?

Was their homeworld destroyed by the Imperium because it became corrupted by Tzeentch, or was it for some other reason?

Ooh, I like this. What if the Governor and key personnel became corrupted, and attempted to sabatoged the Imperium from within, and the Inquisition used that as an excuse to glass the planet to destroy the evidence of their nefarious crimes.

Kirilius just so happend to stumble upon irrefutable evidence of the Inquisistion's crimes, and a sizable amount of the PDF just so happened to be willing to convert to Tzeentch worship over it, and took up arms in an extremely successful revolt, giving the Inquisition an even better excuse to destroy their homeworld.

It just so happens that the Tzeentchian Bikers were able to hijack a few ships and flee with a few million bitter refugees before the Imperial Navy arrived and destroyed their home. Resulting in a massive, extremely zealous horde of badass cyborg Bikers spreading anarchy and hope, and destroying the Inquisistion's reputation in Tzeentch's name. All according to plan...

Now we ride our way into the stars, for justice, hope, and the destruction of the vile traitor Inquisition

Kirilius has eyes that blaze with an eldritch blue fire, he has the tongue and skin of a snake, hhe's quick as than a cougar and got the claws to, and he can read the hearts and minds of men as easily as an open book! Don't you doubt it, have you ever seen him pull a fast one on an Eversor?

He should be absolutely trustworthy toward his fellow Bikers and Khornate bros, but deviously lie and cunningly manipulate all others with nearly every word that comes out of his mouth.

Specifically what I was going for was that the Inquisitors were doing some heresy on our homeworld, but shit went sideways and they were almost exposed

they then claimed that the planet was corrupted to a degree that was beyond salvation and destroyed it to cover up their misdeeds

It would be very Tzeentch-like if the corruption of the inquisitors was the result of Tzeentch himself in a gambit to get the PDF guys to do his bidding

AND TO CRYSTAL VALLHALLA!!!

Fuck yes. Best biker gang ever.

So, essentially, you're telling me, that the Inquisitors are Tzeentchian themselves!?!

Plot upon plots, very Tzeentch-like, right?

How bout to continue our Unorthodox rating, they barely know what Chaos is?

To them, Tzeentch isn't even associated with the daemons and other shit they hear about or run into. How could he be? Daemons are Tzeentches servant gifts, Chaos Spawn are a naturally occurring danger of magic, all that kind of stuff. Since they really don't know better, they think the whole universe just kind of works like this, with magic and daemons and rad biker Valhalla.

What if the crystal part of Valhalla is related to the destruction of their world. The desert sand produced something similar to Trinitite during the exterminatus, and what little of it they could gather from the rubble are holy relics. Their afterlife is not shining and chrome, but gleaming and clear, made of the lost sands of their once-home.

I was thinking that spreading the truth of the Inquisition's corruption would be an unorthodox method of serving Tzeentch due to Tzeentch's moniker as the God of Lies

eh, it can be multifaceted. I do like that idea though. Hope is the greatest lie of all, as far as Tzeentch is concerned.

I see, they worship Tzeentch as a god of hope, someone that saved them and can lead them to everything they dream that they can be

But these people aren't fools, they know that they will have to fight for everything that they get tooth and nail

The inquisition is a formidable foe, and must be anticipated at every turn in order to simply survive

No one was left who could remember how it had happened,
how the world had fallen under darkness.
At least no one who would do anything.
No one who would oppose the Empire.
No one who would challenge their power,
or so the Inquisition believed...

Twenty klicks outside the dark streets of the city, Kirilius Rex rode in a ramshackle biker gang.
A wily and brutal man,
Rex was a guardsman, a fighter, a man of ideals.
Ideals forsaken in the Inquisition's society.
The society for which he'd worked.
The society in which he'd lived.
The society that he would set free.

I just realized that I'm picuring Killius Rex entirely as Ron Perlman wearing an Immortan Joe facemask.

This is awesome.

So, considering we're former PDF how are we organized? Would we do the traditional companies, or would we split into biker warbands, or something in between?

I suggest we split into smaller bands of bikers, squads, really, and keep in close communication via short-wave radio so as to be able to be flexible with troop movement and reinforcement

Upon touchdown, several bike gangs, ranging from 5-10 bikes each take off towards their respective objectives as outlined by Kirilius to them before deployment

Kirilius directs his ground-side troop movement from his reinforced halftrak that he keeps in close proximity to his deployed gangs

This halftrak is equipped with heavy autoguns, a lascannon, a band of extra infanty, two extra bikes and some spare parts just in case

Thank you. This is perfect.

These gangs should each distinguish themselves with biker-style patches, sporting colorful nicknames and grandoise shows of intimidation, designed to make opponents overlook the sorcerous weave hidden in their armor, or the mechanical arm hidden beneath the wrapped chains.

Tzeentch is the god of fighting dirty after all.

Depending of the severity of resistance expected, along with a gang can be deployed a more heavily armored chimera that carries a bit more firepower

general Kirilius seems to emphasize the use of bikes and other fast moving vehicles with mounted weapons to deliver troops close in while providing covering fire

Vehicles soften up the enemy, and infantry close to finish them off

Bikers and other infantry sport various gang-specific vibrant colors in their clothes, hair and paint on their armor and weapons partly out of pride for their gang and partly to disguise their dirty tactics before they break them out

Since we're heavily melee focused, I picture our bikers doing what the riders in this do. But with chainswords.

youtu.be/haMpdX_amXk

Among each gang rides a captain, appointed by Kirilius himself at the creation of the gang. These captains are expected to keep their men in line and on task, but are often distracted themselves by grand shows of bravado and intimidation to impress their men.

When successful, this inspires the men to new heroics and can often drastically improve performance of gang

When it fails however, objectives are often threatened or lost outright. Kirilius has been known to promote especially successful infantrymen to captain-ship, so many men are inspired to do well so that they may be recognized by their savior for their hard work in repaying him

WITNESS

Ohh, i like this

bikers are melee focused, flashing through enemies in a spray of red, chainswords in each hand, making seemingly reckless tactical moves, only to lure the confident enemy into a trap, where foot-based infantry lie in wait to ambush the enemy with las fire and bolters

It's got the melee aspect and the trickery of Tzeentch at the same time, molto benne

Alright, I mentioned a charismatic right-hand man earlier, maybe we could flesh that out more or maybe our allies

My idea is that since we are based on eastern cultures and desert based, our allies are actually White Scar marines that got into trouble with the inquisition and had to bail out, but have joined up with our boys

Actually, I have a question, what is the status of our allies? Like, do they travel around with us as auxiliaries, or do they occasionally show up to help us out as a separate faction?

bump for hope

So our allies we decided on were a Khornate warband of some kind, who we are bros with because melee combat and sick motorcycles. That said, allying us with Khornate Mongols sounds fucking awesome.

I would think they would be some kind of separate band in the same system or surrounding systems who we run into fairly often. We aren't a team, but we are bros and both enjoy sticking it to the inquisition.

Alright well, for the right-hand man, I say he should be pretty average in terms of appearance, perhaps slightly more attractive than average

He has all the getup that the gangs favor with wild colors and "unique" hair styles

He speaks with fire, with passion, as if every word he spoke were dedicated to setting the system on fire. When he spoke, people listened, even if they didn't want to, they found that they couldn't help but give him their ear.

He speaks well, but is certainly not above betraying those outside the regiment if he feels it will help solidify their position on the planet.

At his heart, this man is one that is dedicated to Kirilius above all other things, perhaps more so than any other man in the regiment. Whether this unhealthy dedication is borne of Kirilius' actions on their homeworld, or before hand, is hard to say as little is truely known about the man

Could someone else give him a name? I might have run out of luck after Kirilius Rex

Maxwell the Locutor? Serpico Jones? I have no idea, I think we need to flesh out a little bit more of our world pre-explosion to get naming conventions down.

I will say though, he should have a sick pompadour. He's gotta look classy and 1950's Greaser compared to Kirillius' Giant Imposing Deathmachine schtick.

Fair enough

So the Home World type was Lost, should I reroll to see what it was before it was destroyed?

We did, and ended up with Desert. I still like the idea of them worshiping/Memorializing the glass leftover from their exterminatus'd home as pieces of a lost vallhalla.

Reroll on the world table to figure out what kind of world (Hive, death, forge) it was though.

Rolled 43 (1d100)

Death World! Yes! Mad Max world confirmed!

A death world, huh? We're getting more mad max by the second. Giant sandstorms and lack of water aside, I can see why the inquisition was doing shady shit here. Who in their right mind would go there to check?

That was until they managed to ignore the locals long enough for one of them to get some ideas on what they were doing under the Mesa.

The Black Mesa?

Exactly.

As a death world, Oritz Secundus is naturally highly dangerous, therefore a sedentary settlement is asking for trouble

Due to this, most of the human natives travel in mobile truck-towns, stopping only to refuel in the heavily fortified gas-towns that dot the planet's surface

The planet is officially a Prometheum source for the Imperium, with much of the harvested product being shipped off-world as part of the tithe

The true value of the planet lie in the expansive underground facility beneath the large mesa known to the locals as the "Black Mesa". Little is known of what went on under there, the locals just knew well enough to stay clear.

That is, with exception of Kirilius Rex

Kirilius was there when the Inquisitors of the Black Mesa word that their less-heretical brethren were coming to purge the planet. Determined to save his people and following the urgings of a strange dream he had had, which had led him to the very spot where he overheard the exterminatus order being given, Kirilius set off into the desert to find his people and convince the incoming fleet that there had been a mistake and that his world need not suffer for the actions of the few.

Of the many dangers on Ortiz Secundus, some of the notable ones are the Cactus Mines

While they are not explosives planted by humans, they are naturally explosive, with deep roots that soak up the blood and viscera that results from these plants' deadly fruit. What might look like an ordinary desert fruit to any off-worlder is well recognized as one of the most hazardous inhabitants of the desert. Being able to sense movements in close proximity to their roots, the fruit of the plant detonates when significant vibrations are close-by. If one is fast enough, it is possible to sever the fruit before it explodes, making for an edible improvised explosive. These fruits are a bit of a delicacy among foreign nobles and those who are foolish enough to harvest them can stand to profit greatly from their success, but loose dearly from their failure.

Another such threat is Great Air Serpents that comb the skies above the planet. extremely cold-blooded, these creatures spend most of their lives flying above the sands, attempting to get as much of the scorching desert sun as possible. These impressive creatures only come close to the ground to feed or to give birth, as in-flight birth had too many casualties in their earlier years of evolution. These creatures are not easily felled, with scales capable of fending off most lesser small arms, and speeds surpassing those of nearly any other creature on the planet. It is possible however, as the natives of Ortiz Secundus have proved time and time again. Due to their size and number, these creatures are prime food sources for the human population on the planet. To fell one is no simple task, but can provide meat for a truck-town for a whole week. First, one must lure it down, or find one close to the ground. Second, one must strike fast, impairing the beast's ability to fly by puncturing their leathery wings with harpoons or heavier caliber firearms. Cont ->

Cont.

The beast is down, but not helpless, and will likely thrash about. This is where the task becomes difficult, as aiming for softer spots in the beasts scales is not only near impossible, but also incredibly dangerous, as the thrashing of the beast can often overtake the sharpshooters of a truck-town. At this point, the job becomes one of attrition, wearing down the beast to the point of exhaustion, wherein it becomes possible to finish the creature off

Participating in the hunt of one of these creatures is considered a rite of passage for many of those among the truck-towns

As lowly as he was among the Imperium, Kirilius was unable to many anyone see reason or to look closer at the corruption of the inquisitors on the planet. It was then that his dreams revealed to him, a benefactor

A great god, speaking directly into Kirilius' mind, spoke of a way that Kirilius might be able to save some of his people and escape the death that they had been consigned to