The heck is a multilaser

Seriously what is a multilaser and why are people mad that CS Goto uses them?

I'll bite the bait.

Multilasers are up-powered gatling Lasguns. They can fire more powerful lasers at an extremely fast rate than a Lasgun, yet lack the punch (and low RoF) of a proper Lascannon. It excels at killing infantry of all shapes and sizes and can also threaten light vehicles and/or rear armor (which is why they're common on flanking units like Sentinels).

They aren't as potent as the Autcannon (their ballistic equivalent) but rely on power rather than shells for their ammunition, making them infinitely easier to provide for logistically.

The biggest problem with them, however, is that they drain a shit-ton of power to use, to the point where they really need to be mounted on either a vehicle or an emplacement to maintain a proper rate of fire.

Space Marines don't use multilasers because they have widespread access to Bolt Weapons and other heavy weapons, and the logistical advantages a multilaser provides over Heavy Bolters and or Assault Cannons is largely irrelevant due to Marine ships being mobile armories that can churn out ammo at a constant rate, and their operations in the field rarely are protracted enough to where being unable to resupply is a common concern.

TL;DR Multilasers are neither easy for Terminators to use, nor do they make sense for them to use.

Another user, here. I also don't know what CS Goto was doing, but from your context it seems like in one of his books he wrote Terminators using Multilasers?

Okay thanks for the info. I dont read space marine books (prefer the imp guard books) so i was reading the Veeky Forums wiki and cs goto and multilasers keep comming up but the page on him didnt explain the issue all to well.

Yes, he had Termies using Multilasers.

Hence the ridicule.

That's just stupid... Huh well now i get the hate

Don't they also change back to the correct weapon in a page and a half?

Behold.

>And from the top of the command bunker behind them, covering fire strafed over the heads of the Terminators, riddling the gargoyles with bolter shells; Veteran Marine Balder was encamped on the roof of the bunker with his trusted heavy bolter, relentlessly loosing hellfire shells into the cloud of flying creatures. On impact, the shells exploded into tiny stars in the night sky, sending fragments of deadly shrapnel splintering into the brood. Balder’s fellow veterans were in formation around him, discharging volleys of lasfire from their multilasers, providing support for Hoenir’s squad.

>Balder and the veteran Marines were still fighting, apparently undaunted by the epic scale of the siege. Heavy bolters and multi-lasers spat fragments of death into the surrounding swarm with precise discipline and astounding effectiveness.

I think that was a Land Raider that transformed into a Razorback and back into a Land Raider.

>TL;DR Multilasers are neither easy for Terminators to use, nor do they make sense for them to use.
I don't understand the ridicule honestly, it's not the first nor the last time something is impractical in 40k and expanding the armoury of marines seems something cool.

I'm more or less with you. I would rather think Terminator armor can produce the energy required to power a multilaser, and I likewise don't see why a squad wouldn't use multilasers due to necessity or some tactical advantage.

but also it's like
>cs goto is a hack
stop the fucken press

>why are people mad that CS Goto uses them
That's an old meme that 1d4chan and ancient forum posts have preserved like a mosquito in amber.

The guy hasn't written a 40k book in over a decade

If not terminator armor then the additional batteries of the multilaser itself.

according to what user said previously it is an efficient weapon because it doesn't need constant reloading, so using it for a deployment against a swarming enemy with no certainty of orbital drops for ammo refills may be one of the uses (tyranids fit the bill perfectly).

exactly, and in game multilasers are what S6AP6H3? Compare that to the (nearly unplayable) assault cannon at S6AP4H4 Rending and it's pretty much outclassed but hey it's a big galaxy

Honestly, the whole practicality thing is a rationalization. The real issue that there has never been an official terminator-armored figure with a multilaser, nor have the rules ever allowed a terminator to wield one. If you're moderately familiar with the game, a termie with a multilaser seems like an oddity; the fact that it didn't to Goto outs him as NOT A TRUE FAN.

Lore-wise, a terminator marine with a multilaser is perfectly justifiable, it just isn't standard equipment. Marine equipment is often ancient and heavily modified, especially termie armor which is practically archeotech. A line or two about how one of the marines preferred an unorthodox custom loadout would have let the reader know that Goto knew it was peculiar (which he didn't).

Because he took something that sounded cool to him and made every fucking person he possibly could carry them, despite it making no sense.

The multilaser makes sense for imperial guard since their logistics are set up to provide a lot of power packs for various las-type weapons (and on some models you could see that the power supply looked the same for the bigger las weapons, on the weapons team and sentinel ones for example.)

But they are never portrayed as being especially super-powered compared to other available weapons. They're a shittier assault cannon or heavy bolter for when you already have lots of power paks laying around.

It's like writing a novel and then having marines using lasguns, sure, anything goes if you use the "well maybe they just felt like it" excuse, but it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Terminators have access to the more powerful assault cannon, and the heavy flamer, so what niche would the multilaser fill? The author failing to understand that point is what made a lot of the fanboys cranky.

>and made every fucking person he possibly could carry them
Where?

Why the assumption that the Marines on the roof are Terminators? Does another bit of the text mention it?

>I don't understand the ridicule honestly
Judging by this thread it looks like standard fan... I don't want to say autism, so let's just say obsessiveness.

>so what niche would the multilaser fill?
longer ranged than a flamer, less limited than an assault cannon

basically the choice between assault cannon and multilaser would depend on whether the enemy is very armored or very numerous

Brother Balder pfft and his vets only appear in that battle, at least as far as CTRL+F shows me, and their armour isn't described, but since they're distinguished from the Terminators I would assume they aren't Terminators themselves (and if they were then people would have another thing to ree/meme about).

Anons in this thread are saying the problem is 'terminators using multilasers', though. This feels like not just autism, but badly informed autism. And that kind of thing really makes my autism flare up.

"When the gate broke at the Abby he ripped the multilaser from a Guard sentenal and had a novice bring him an extension cord from the primary plasma reactor.

Then he held gate alone six days. They say it was like watching a man hold back an avalanche with a fire hose."

Hey, I resemble that remark!

I've never actually read the book in question. I don't even know its name. But verything I said above about terminators and multilasers revealing that Goto didn't know the game well applies nearly as well to regular marines and multilasers.

Holy shit. Consider me 100% btfo. I don't see any problem with that whatsoever; it's actually pretty cool.

wouldn't it make sense for marines to use multilasers to fill the void from the disappearing rotor cannons after the heresy?

Inspired by your post and written today, so not so much btfo. Just an example of how to justify a marine that has a favorite multilaser, or why there's a multilaser in a Chapter armory with a thank you note from the Sister's Hospitalr wax-sealed to the side.

The thing is user, why you can come up with a good reason as to why the Terminators might have been using multi lasers, Goto's work was so full of errors that he most likely didn't put any thought in to it and just pulled a weapon name out of his ass.

I think none is trying to directly defend the writer as much as advocating for the multilaser marines as a concept.

You are confusing the rules of the game for the reality of the setting.

THERE IS NO CANON

BUT MULTICANNON

Most people are mad at CS Goto because he has a fetish for the descriptive death of Eldar.

Specifically, he has a great interest in describing them with bloodied, empty eye sockets after their eyes get blown out and has at least three instances of them in his books (Taldeer's non-canon appearance in Dawn of War: Tempest, a random Harlequin in Dawn of War: Tempest and a child-farseer in Eldar Prophecy who later gets led away by a Slaaneshi farseer who schemed all of the events of the book).

Also, there's one instance where he describes Taldeer's eyes (before being blown out) as "pools of ocean," which is enough to rile up any autist.

>tfw you can find better writefaggotry on Veeky Forums in about ten minutes

First I've heard of this, while I've seen the multilasers meme hundreds of times.

For me a bigger issue would be the fact that the writing in is absolutely wretched. But I guess people who read lots of tie-in fiction (or rulebook fluff) have a high tolerance for that.

>SCPfag
>>/out/

I'm tempted to dig out my copy of DoW: Tempest and find the "pools of ocean" quote. It's truly a pile of disgusting drek.

>Balder
>God of light
>Uses multilasers

Maybe it was a pun?

I'm pretty sure he just writes multilaser whenever he doesn't know the right weapon to put in, and just forgets to correct it.

>Pushing the perplexed Ulantus gently aside, Gabriel walked slowly across the Apothecarion, oblivious to the confused and concerned eyes of the others burning into his back. Without realising it, he was retracing the path that Ultantus himself had taken when he had strolled over to pay his respects to Prathios. Finding himself standing over a low, white-sheeted bed, Gabriel peered down at the slender body obscured under the covers. It didn't look like a Space Marine's body.

>With sudden realisation, the captain grabbed the corner of the sheet and yanked it off the bed, casting it aside into a pillowing parachute. Lying on the bed, barely clothed and shivering, was the bruised and bleeding body of an eldar female. Her depthless, dark green eyes shone like pools of ocean in her pale face, while her long, fair hair cascaded roughly over her pallid shoulders. She looked petrified and wracked with agony.

>Gabriel!

>The thought was like a scream in his mind, defeaning and painful.

>"It's alright, I can hear you," he said; his voice was calming, little more than a whisper. "It's alright now, I'm here."

And then they fucked?

>I got a gold star in English for knowing so many adjectives in third grade, and I'm gonna keep doing it forever.

WHY do people voluntarily subject themselves to that shit? Is it just because they can buy the books in the same store as their Citadel brushes and don't know there is other science fiction out there?

It's like Starwars Extended universe novels for violent, slightly retarded 11 year old boys.

"We need to take cover, Captain", Balder shouted over the deafening sound of his multilaser. "That thing's got multilasers!"

Captain Sigur snarled as he decapitated the nearest Ork with a swing of his multilaser, while gunning down two others in a deadly burst of multilaser fire. Facing the Orks' crude and inaccurate multilasers was no challenge for a veteran of his calibre, but the Stompa making its way across the battlefield was a different beast altogether. And every one of its enormous multilasers was pointing his way.

>The eldar seer was tiny in the massive throne, held high on a pedestal in the centre of the vast Navigatorum that domed up out the top of the Ravenous Spirit. Her figure looked almost impossibly slight and fragile, and her pale complexion had taken on the hue of death. A maze of wires, pipes and connections studded her limp body, trailing off into the walls and into the ceiling and plugging directly into the labyrinthine structure of the throne itself. She was hard wired into the very soul of the ancient vessel, feeling its passage through the warp as though it were her own. Every few second, she flinched and shuddered, as though shivering against the touch of a profound cold, making the myriad wires shake and oscillate like tendrils.

>Gabriel watched the pain and suffering of the eldar witch. Despite himself, he felt some pangs of sympathy for the frail female, and his mind wandered back to the agonies of the young neophyte Ckrius, who still laid strapped to the adamantium operating table in the Implantation Chamber of the Litany of Fury. So much pain.

>Bound into the Navigator's throne, Taldeer twitched then spasmed. Her slender muscles tensed and her limbs snapped straight, transforming her into a rigid board. A disembodied moan echoed through the domed chamber, but did not seem to originate from the eldar's throat.

Plot Twist: VirtualOptim was CS Goto all along.

There is literally nothing wrong eith space marines using a multi-laser

Although I don't know why a terminator would have a heavy bolter anyways, let alone a veteran, it could be assumed that a veteran using a heavy weapon is also in terminator armor. Veterans are the only marines with access to terminator armor, otherwise they work to master boltguns and special weaponry (sterngaurd) or the craft of assault (vanguard). But I've never read a space marine book, so I wouldn't know diddly about their accuracies in codex fluff portrayal.

It's like a browning .30 cal Machine Gun. But lasers.

They're great for Imperial Guard, but he put them on a battle ready Land Raider. Which is retarded because Space Marines have access to so many better weapons.

>Immediately, Techmarine Ephraim darted forward, pressing the eldar seer down into the throne with his human arms whilst the mechanical augmentics chattered and whirred between the various couplings and connectors that linked the female alien to the heart of the Spirit. It was as though the ancient vessel was trying to reject the alien incursion, like a body rejecting an incompatible organ. But the Ravenous Spirit was already deeply immersed in the warp; if the eldar witch were ejected from the seat of the Navigator now, then the entire vessel and all of its crew would be lost. Even if he had to hold the alien in place with the brute strength of his arms, Emphraim would ensure that she could never break loose. Pain wracked her features, and her suffering was obvious to them all, but Ephraim's concern was for the machine spirit of the Spirit itself; if safe passage meant the death of the eldar witch, then so be it. Her agonies meant nothing.

>Looking down into the alien's contorted and beautiful face, Korinth felt a mixture of emotions competing for his will. He had never been this close to an eldar seer before, and a deep seated hatred and disgust seethed in his heart. A race-memory, hardwired into his being, awoke without provocation. He felt a wave of revulsion and offence flowing over him, and the corner of his lip snarled involuntarily. "Of course the ship is rejecting the wretched creature. She is the damned and the heretic. She is the ancient foe of the Emperor. She is the genesis of cursed erudition, that which leads our disciplined minds into the abyss."

>A piercing cry cracked through the Navigatorum as the eldar seer's body went rigid, straining up against the tubes, wires and restraints. She thrashed against the weight of Ephraim as he pressed down on her chest. Despite his massively superior strength, the Techmarine was struggling to keep the slight alien from ripping clear of the throne.

Okay, but that sounds metal as fuck, like some shit you do in Deathwatch because GET FUCKED FILTHY XENOS, in this context it sounds so cool

>The shrill scream echoed around the chamber, cutting shivers from the spines of the Blood Ravens. Zhaphel planted the palm of his hand on the alien's face and slammed her head back against the adamantium structure of the throne itself, silencing the scream and making her body fall suddenly limp. The warning klaxons went off abruptly.

>Turning in the sudden silence, the Librarian could see Gabriel pounding up the spiral stairs towards the throne.

>"What did you do, Librarian?" he demanded.

>Before Zhaphel could answer, Gabriel was on his knees at the side of the eldar witch. He gripped her hand in one of his own, and reached for her blood smeared face. Just then, Jonas caught up with him and joined the group around the throne. They all looked down at the tiny form of the alien creature, broken, bleeding and shattered by the agonies of the warp and the hostility of the Ravenous Spirit.

>"Is she dead, captain?" asked Jnas, giving words to fill the silence.

>With an eruption of noise, the incursion alarms suddenly started again, and the witch's eyes flicked open so unexpectedly that the Space Marines started.

>"Gabriel! It is filled with horror!" Her fathomless eyes seemed to contain the warp itself, and Gabriel could see the daemonic tempest that raged around the webway as though it were reflected in the deep black of her pupils.

One thing that always annoyed me is that the ig use heavy stubbers on their turrets instead of some laser bullshit. Ground based heavy stubbers aren't even available to anyone but krieg which is a shame because every squad should be armed with an lmg just for thematic reasons.

>Only a single Harlequin remained alive. It had been backed into a dark corner of the librarium, in amongst the book stacks. A knot of five Prodigal Sons were arrayed in a crescent around it, preventing it from escaping, jabbing it occasionally with their blades and shooting random volleys of bolter shells into the floor, walls and ceiling around it. Fors its part, the alien looked wracked with fear and panic, but it emitted no sound at all. It merely stared, wide-eyed and maniacal, like a caged animal.

>"It makes no noise." It looked different from the Harlequins in the rest of the troupe. The colours on its armour were more understated and subtle; its build was even more delicate but its movements were so graceful that they seemed like poetry. Standing in the midst of the corpses, I watched Ahriman stride over towards the prisoner, trampling over the bodies of eldar and Marines without regard.

>"Distaur."

>"Distaur - it means 'mime.' These are unusual and rare specimens, my sons. We should treat it carefully."

>As Ahriman approached, the formation of Prodigal Sons parted to let him through. With a single stride, the sorcerer brought himself close to the Harlequin mime, watching it squirm and writhe in an attempt to keep some distance between them. For a few moments, Ahriman did nothing; close enough to feel the creature's breath, he just watched the discomfort of the alien, as though he were studying its reactions. Then suddenly, without provocation or warning, Ahriman's hand shot out and clasped around the eldar's throat. He lifted the creature easily into the air, bringing its masked face level with his own unearthly features, feeling its limbs twitching and tensing against the violence being done to its neck.

>"Distaur - mime - let's see whether you are really mute or whether is anything you can tell us about this place."

>One of the heavy, stone desks had been dragged across into the pool of red light that flooded through the circular window cavity of the librarium. The Harlequin mime had been strapped to its surface and was pinned by four Marines, each holding one of its limbs in place. The thin, rubbery armour over the alien's chest had been sliced open and peeled back, exposing its porcelain skin. In turn, the skin had been cut, burnt and shredded until it was awash with bloody colours, almost as vibrant as the eldar's armour itself. The alien's mask had been removed and I could clearly see its startling blue eyes bulge with each incision.

>Ahriman circled the table slowly, muttering quietly to himself in a tongue that I recognised but could not fully recall. He was lost in concentration, and seemed to be almost oblivious to the presence of the dying Harlequin on the table next to him. But as he muttered the secret words of his forgotten language, more cuts and gashes appeared in the flesh of the prisoner, each wider and deeper than the last until blood started to ooze out of the joints in the creature's armour, pooling on the table and then on the floor below.

>But the Harlequin said nothing. It made no sound at all. Its eyes bulged and widened with each stroke of the invisible knife; it was clear that the alien was suffering terrible pain.

>"What do you hope to achieve through this?" I asked, daring to interrupt Ahriman's litanies or spells. "You haven't even asked any questions."

>The sorcerer showed no signs of having heard me, and continued his circuit around the table. One of the Prodigal Sons glanced up from the prisoner and fixed me with a hollow, cold and ineffable gaze, cautioning me into silence. His features shifted slightly as I looked at them, as though they were not really fixed into place on his own face.

>"Ahriman! Answer me! What are you trying to do?" I was shouting. My confusion and frustration was building to a head. I felt suddenly and starkly out of place amongst these Marines. "Ask it a question, Emperor damn you!"

>My words echoed in muffled tones around the librarium, murmuring through the sudden and oppressive silence. Ahriman stopped circling the Harlequin and turned his face towards me. At the same time, each of the other Prodigal Sons released the alien and pulled themselves to their full height, looking over at me with vacant eyes. Their faces swam like watercolours in the rain. Their hostility palpitated in the air.

>"Friend of Ahriman," began the sorcerer, a slick smile creasing his ghostly features. "Rhamah of the Sacred Blood, what would you have me asked this creature? Should I ask it for the secrets of the Arcadian Librarium? Should I ask it where they have hidden the broken blade of Lanthrilaq?"

>"Ask what you need to know," I stated simply. If you do not ask, it will tell you nothing. Our power resides in our choice of questions.

[sic - The line above was typed exactly as it's written in the book.]

>"Need?" he laughed. It was a sick, gurgling noise from a distant place. "What do I need to know from this wretched creature. What could this twisted and broken alien possibly know that I do not know already? Do you know nothing of me, Librrian Rhamah? It is not what we need, but what we desire to know that brings us power."

>"If you need nothing from this thing, kill it and be done with it. Its very existence is offensive to the Emperor and this ritualistic play merely prolongs its existence. Why must it suffer this way if it need not? We are wasting our time."

>"I am testing a theory. I need not, but I desire to. How else do we learn the secrets that lead us beyond self-preservation and into the grandeur of power itself? Desire is the father of innovation and greatness. Need merely births solutions."

>"What is your theory? What are you hoping to prove?"

>"I suspect that this distaur, this mime, can speak. My hypothesis is that it will do so when it reaches its pain threshold. This is part of a general theory that I have tested many times before, and it appears to hold true: all life forms change their nature after they experience a certain amount of pain. Of course, the thresholds vary by species and training, but the general theory appears to be sound."

>"You are torturing this mute creature to see whether it will become something else? Something that can talk," I asked?

[Again, that's the exact grammar from the book.]

>"Exactly. You boil water and it becomes steam. Extremes make things change. Remember this, Rhamah, Son of Ahriman: extremes change everything. We must always explore the limits of ourselves and our knowledge; to place limits on exploration is to live a lie."

>I watched the sorcerer as he turned away and continued to circle the desk. His Prodigal Sons returned to their positions, stooped over the hapless alien prisoner, clamping its limbs to the corners of the table. For a few more moments, I watched the cuts and gashes continue to appear across the Harlequin's silent body, seeing its sparkling blue eyes bulge in agony even as the life drained out of them. Just as I turned away, one of the eyeballs ruptured and a wide cut ripped across the eldar's face, covering his features in ocular liquids and blood.

>I strode away from the desk and the bloody red light of the triple suns, moving deeper into the librarium, letting the heavy shadows of the book stacks shroud me. Just as I passed out of sight, I heard the mime scream and cry out for mercy.

>"He can talk after all."

C.S. Goto had undersupplied Space Marines on a penitence crusade, in an Imperial Guard garrison, out of ammunition, do the equivalent of Master Chief tearing off those mounted guns and hip firing them.

I forgot to add, the internet then blew this out of proportion.

Also he had a Black Rage equivalent for said Marines, the Mantis Warriors, which was permanent bullet time you couldn't turn off.

I thought it was a cool idea though everyone forgot about it.

>WHY do people voluntarily subject themselves to that shit? Is it just because they can buy the books in the same store as their Citadel brushes and don't know there is other science fiction out there?
Yes.
Also, because there's a particular kind of young nerdy guy who lives and breathes their little chosen universe without exception. There's an almost religious fervour to it. Hell, you know exactly what I'm talking about: god knows, you're here.

Wow, an actual non meme explanation

>makes Ahriman's disturbed quest for knowledge a little interesting closertotheedge.mp3 notwithstanding
>builds up, kinda ott but decent
>"b-but what's your epic master plan, s-sir?"
>"well it won't talk so I'm going to hurt it until it talks"
>mfw

Every universe's tie-in novels are shit in their own ways, though; usually because there's too little unknown in the setting to play with (so they fuck with canon instead) or there's too muh (which let's writers bullshit and use the excuse "well I mean it's a big galaxy 4u).

The former has gems such as some Trekshit novels:
>oh hey yeah literally everyone is a Species 8472 infiltrator
>also some child-gods came along and absorbed the Borg, gg
and a Mass Effect one I made the mistake of reading it had literally fuck all to do with the setting, it was literally just a X-Men Mary Sue transplanted into ME and called a biotic instead.

The latter has 40k's backflipping terminators and Eldar Eyeball Fetish™, as well as the SW EU (Luuke Skywalker, Luuuke Skywalker, and power level fucker that'd give GW wet dreams) that's mercifully non-canon now.

Honestly, the only exception to the rule has been the Halo novels - I fully expected them to be
>everybody dies, then suddenly Deus Ex Spartans
but it's actually a lot more approachable, if grim, since most of it consists of not!US Marines flaunting the IG Adamantium Balls meme until they realise how mcfucked they are. And the Spartans have personalities.

Time for the best scene. Try to visualize every paragraph.

>Rolling back to his feet, Gabriel started towards the cockpit, but a shockwave of sound blasted him to a standstill, like the fury of a hurricane funnelled into the narrow fuselage of a Thunderhawk. The sound filled the entire audio spectrum, shrieking through the audible range and screaming directly into his mind, obliterating this[sic] thoughts even as its physical force smashed him to a halt.

>Framed by the ruined hatchway, Gabriel could see the origin of the torrential onslaught: Taldeer stood bolt upright with her hands pressed against the lintel and her feet braced against the floor. The sinewy muscles in her slender limbs were taut and bulging with exertion. Her neck was knotted with protruding veins and her mouth was stretched into a contorted, rigid and unnatural cave. But it was her eyes that commanded the scene: they had gone. In their place, there were simply two gaping cavities, rimmed with a thick, bloody ichor.

>She was screaming.

>Tearing his own eyes away from the forceful horror of the eldar seer, Gabriel could see the frenzied action that raged behind her. The bizarre throne structure that had been crudely fashioned and jammed into the navigational arrays was engulfed in a blaze of translucent, green flames.

>Trails of emerald fire stretched out from the unnatural construction and jabbed into the back of the screaming seer, as the connectors and psychic amplifiers sizzled and spat with unearthly venom. Great blasts of brilliant blue warpfire arced across the cockpit, fizzing and crashing into vaguely discernable forms. From his vantage point, Gabriel could just see the swirlingtips of two force staffs and a great axe, hacking through the mire and dispensing sheets of raw power.

t. 343 shill

>when the eye fetishism is the least shittily written bit

>Before he could make sense of the scene, a rolling cloud of energy crashed out of the cockpit, blasting into the larger compartment and swamping Gabriel in a wash of pain and nausea. Behind it came the charging figure of Zhaphel, vaulting past the shrieking alien witch with his force axe cutting crescents of purity into the tidal assault, breaking up the force of the wave before it could engulf his brother Marines.

>Volleys of fire erupted instantly from Tanthius and Corallis, sending bolter shells hissing through the confined space and punching into the already heaving walls of the Thunderhawk. The daemonic energies swirled and mingled, curdling into the relative density of material form even as the shells and axe-blows dispersed them.

>After a sudden, gurgling pause in her screams, Taldeer yelled something incoherent in a tongue that Gabriel did not know. Her voice was shrill and wracked with pain, but there was a new quality to the sound that even Gabriel could recognise. She had been shot.

>As the psychic screaming commenced, slightly weaker than before, Gabriel ripped his chainsword into life and whirled it around his head, clearing a moment of clarity in the mists of Chaos for him to assess the situation. A gaping wound had appeared in the side of the alien's abdomen, as though she had been shot at close range by a bolter. Judging from the position of the wound, Gabriel reckoned that the shell had probably ricocheted off the bulkhead and then punched into her kidneys, if eldar even had kidneys.

>"Jonas!" yelled the captain over the tumult of gunfire, energy discharge and screams. "Jonas! How much further?"

>"Imminent, captain," barked the father Librarian, hacking out with his force staff and shredding a tendril-like shape as he appeared in the hatchway. "We were on the cusp of the webway when our shielding failed. The warp pressure was simply too great - the creatures seem to feed on the breach. There are too many of them. Too much energy for us to repel."

>"Tracjectory?" asked Gabriel, thrashing his chainsword out in a low sweep to eviscerated the rapidly solidifying, snarling form of a warpbreast.

>"Set and fixed, captain," replied Jonas, reaching Gabriel and turning so that they could fight back to back. "We should just drop through the hole."

>A loud, resounding crack filled the compartment and shook the structure of the gunship. The ceiling and floor buckled and cracked as though the Thunderhawk were being snapped in two. Jagged dents protruded up through the metal, bending the deck and roof into the imprint of giant teeth, as though the entire gunship had been bitten into the mouth of a monstrous and gargantuan warpbeast.

>Gravity failed and the vessel seemed to spin, although it was impossible to tell whether it was the Thunderhawk or the Marines that tumbled hopelessly out of control. As the controlled atmosphere of the cabin ruptured, a torrent of sickly, immaterial force poured into the compartment through the cracks, flooding the vessel with the thirsty, lascivious spirit of purest Chaos.

(You)
And a bonus from the end of that chapter:

>"Captain, said Zhaphel standing to his feet in the hatchway and cutting off Gabriel's line of sight into the cockpit. "If you want the alien to survive..." He trailed off, unsure of how to finish the sentiment. "She has served her purpose by providing a measure of shielding for us."

>Gabriel hastened over to the broken form of Taldeer, who was lying in a frozen pool of her own blood. Her eye cavities trickled with tissue and her abdomen was a shredded mess of flesh and shrapnel. As he knelt at her side, Gabriel could see her mouth moving as though she were trying to form words, but all he could hear was the coarse rasping of her breath and the persistent rattle of blood in her throat. For a moment, Gabriel thought that he was gazing upon the insanity of the warp itself; he had seen Imperial Navigators reduced to wretched and ruined vegetables by tumultuous journeys through the warp, and Taldeer could have been one of them.

>"Get her off the floor," snapped Gabriel. "Her fate will be the same as ours."

>then punched into her kidneys, if eldar even had kidneys.
I'm sorry, what?

See, if Goto wrote it like that, there wouldn't be any problem here.