What is the vaporwave of tabletop gaming?

What is the vaporwave of tabletop gaming?

new Sister of Battle plastics

>Vaporware definitely Rd by Wikipedia
It is characterized by a nostalgic or surrealist fascination with entertainment, technology and advertising (particularly of the 1980s and 1990s), and styles of both corporate and popular music such as lounge music, smooth jazz and elevator music.

Possibly dnd retroclones? Not the same aesthetic, but they're aping the PNP RPGs of that time period.

>Vaporware definined by
Man fuck phones.

Based on that the vaporwave of tg is oldschool cyberpunk rpgs with a late-80s aesthetic.

"fantasy" heartbreakers based on CP2020 as opposed to D&D.

I'm currently tinkering a bit with one that is sort of a hybrid of Dark Conspiracy, Mutant Chronicles, with a bit of Millenium's Edge.

I'm aiming for something miniature friendly, so there is some Warzone 1e, Skirmish Sangin and Friday Night Fire Fight in there too.

Going for a world that STRIDER would fit right into.

Dogs in the Vineyard.

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

I'll post a draft here on Veeky Forums when I have something presentable. It will also come with a soundtrack, of course.

Wraeththu maybe?

OSR

This is the only correct answer. Any other means you only know that vaporware is a meme, and not what it actually is.

>In the computer industry, vaporware or vapourware is a product, typically computer hardware or software, that is announced to the general public but is never actually manufactured nor officially cancelled. Use of the word has broadened to include products such as automobiles.

All this means is you both have no idea what OSR actually is. OSR isn't a product, its many different products (many of which have, in fact, been announced, developed, and then released). OSR is itself simply a revival of older versions of TSR D&D, many often repackaged with house rules or tweaks.

I can't think of any actual Veeky Forums related vaporware because I don't give a shit generally about some obscure PnP RPG that never gets released.

They mean vapourwave, not vapourware.

>It is characterized by a nostalgic or surrealist fascination with entertainment, technology and advertising (particularly of the 1980s and 1990s), and styles of both corporate and popular music such as lounge music, smooth jazz and elevator music. Artists often embrace classical sculpture, web design, surrealism, capitalism, low-poly computer renderings, glitch art, VHS recordings, cassette tapes, Japanese art and cyberpunk tropes.

Yeah, that actually DOES sound like OSR. Huh.

No, it proves you can't read the OP.

There are probably a lot of /the/ vaporware, but the market is already so niche that nobody gives a shit about some ones pet project that's always in development but never released.

A E S T H E T I C
What the fuck was Pondsmith thinking? It's sad that this was so very indicative of systems of its era, like 4e: Games that were by design broken and nearly unplayable, but "It's okay, because computer games release online patches and so can we"

M A K E
A
M O V E!

Original Castle Greyhawk.

>Vaporwave
>RPG
Go on /qst/ and look for DANQUEST

One page rpgs.

C H E C K S T H E T I C

I think they were going for the MaK/Gall Force look with the photoillustrations of models, however it went horribly wrong.

Savage Rifts.

>google filename
>nothing
>google reverse image search
>get pic related

i dont know what i expected