/hhg/ aka Horus Heresy General XI

Rolled 2 (1d20)

[REDACTED] edition.
[REDACTED] sub-edition.
Last thread we... by the Emperor...>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

eternalhunt.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/space-marine-release-16.jpg
forgeworld.co.uk/en-AU/Rhino-Predator-Reinforced-Armour
twitter.com/AnonBabble

For the IVth!

well shit.

>Rolled 2
>Edition 11
Mmmm.

So, it's cannon now?

Then I hereby raid this thread in the names of space piracy, debauchery, and general blackshieldery!

>Need warp charge to trigger gun of its suit.

wot

What the zog?

Xeno loving bitch aint my sister.

Tzeentch tech man.
also, wow, the autism.

nofunallowed.jpg

Or, using old fluff, where it says that some MkV were made using MkIV armour materials and cabling, resulting in no external cables on limbs and no need for extra plates (no studs). Some even used MkIV helmets, when available. So get some X-cable torsos from bits stores and, make your MkVIIs with them and put spare MkIV helmets on them. Or maybe use the SW torsos on them and use them as assault or despoiler squads.

It's going to be a pretty even spread of FW Legion MkV, SW box, and the BaC MkIV.
I am going to keep the SW specific parts (mainly the legs and torso's) for Sgt's, as 'artificer armor' but other than that it is supposed to look like beat MkV (using that old fluff)

How long until these start getting good again?

Ugh

They were good?

How about you make a good one next time?

You know, maybe I should someday share the Primach's Daughters version of this I did years ago. It can't be worse than this.

How long until people stop complaining for no good reason?

Don't get me wrong, it's neat, but it must of taken some serious autism to put that together.

Once Inferno comes out.
Yes. Once upon a time(read after Book 6 and way before we got bothered by the wait for Inferno) these threads were great.

Probably when Inferno comes out

so never

Or just have skills in photoshop. I made one for a bunch of RG units and characters. And the Destroyer fix. Not very difficult.

I am not responsible for the shitposters who infest these threads.

What would you like to see in a Rite of War, for all legions or whichever you like?

>shitposters
>implying you are not the shitposters

Please, stop before its too late!

I've posted shit before, though none of it was my shit.

All this general has become is a place for autism over armour, weapons and Legions, Primarchfuing, posting semi-well-painted models and bitching over lists. Plus memes. All the fucking memes. It's like an inoperable cancer at this point. This was never what I was hoping for when a Horus heresy General began.

I want a generic Destroyer Corps with all sorts of F O R B I D D E N W E A P O N S that can destroy objectives.

Then for RG I want them to redo Liberation Force and make it not absolutely unbelievably terrible crunch wise.

Then add a XIX Predation Fleet RoW. What I'm imagining is pretty close to Blackshield Outlanders so I'm less jazzed about this as I was pre book 6.

Stop!

Well, my superglue bottle has glued the cap on, the test model I had planned won't pan out yet but I should have one before the end of the thread.

ok, the part about Malcador objecting her destruction is cute.

a legion and mechanicum joint Rite could be cool

If there was ever a Female Primarch or Daughter Primarch Project, he'd be the one helming it.

Whoah man, don't lose your head of this.

I want a rite that has heavy support as optional troops and does something to boost cover's usefulness. Preferably it would be good in both attack and defense (with some restrictions, obviously), but if they wanted to make it "the super-fort rite" that wouldn't be so bad.

1 question;

Armoured Spearhead.

The rite says I can have Command tank who can be warlord and get master of legion for unlocking Rite of War.

Battlescribe and 1d4chan says I must have master of legion character for unlocking rite of war.

Is battlescribe and 1d4chan wrong and Stupid and Am I stupid for asking question, or is only I stupid for missing something in rules?

Maybe a rite that not only makes generic destroyers troops but also makes the legion specific destroyer alternatives (pyroclasts, grave wardens, ashen circle) troops too?

battlescribe and 1d4chan don't trump the rulebook... they are often outdated.
so no. you dont need an extra charecter with motl

That's a nice idea.

>one of either can be taken as a HQ (gaining Super-heavy Command Tank and +1 BS as it's Warlord trait and counts as having Master of the Legion for this RoW only)
Now why would you go on the internet and tell lies?

>(like lone HQ choices, you'll still need a non-tank HQ to get the MotL rule)
Oh.
Well, that's being edited out.

>people actually think Inferno coming out will solve all their problems and MHHGGA

Something like

>Imperial Fist Last Wall RoW
-Tactical/Breacher Squads may buy an Imperial Bastion or Bunker instead of a dedicated transport
-Any unit may make a disordered charge when deploying out of an escape hatch
-Must have a Fortification and a third compulsory unit
-Assault Squads are not compulsory troops for this RoW

>Imperial Fist Brothers of the Temple
-Templar Brethren are compulsory troops and must be taken as such
-Oath bound: Must choose one oath to complete at the end of the game, failure to do so will make you unable to win the game
i)Conquer All: Choose an objective in your oponents deployment zone, must be scoring that objective at the end of the game
ii)Glory to the VIIth: Must kill at least 3 enemy characters
iii)To the Last!: Choose an objective in your deployment zone, your enemy cannot be scoring that objective at the end of the game
Blaze of Glory: Templar Brethren gain Fleet when charging an enemy that has been hit by barrage weapons
-Sigismund must be the warlord and only Legion Champions may be taken as consuls.
-No Allies

yeah, and maybe the ability to swap frag and krak missiles for rad missiles for any missile launcher in the detatchment. down side is that there must be more infantry than vehicles (not counting dedicated transports) in the list

Hi guys,

I have an mk4 helmet with terminator honours. Do I have to take it away to use it in 30k?

Thanks in advance

When Phantom Pain posting comes back and the new novels have lulzy resolutions.

That is a great Pic. When Inferno comes out that has to the the OP Pic.

>Sigismund must be the warlord
Or Dorn.

Would an X Legion breacher legionary have a chance at fighting alongside some IV Legion legionaries?

So how long after Inferno comes out will we have to wait for Scans?

What? terminator honors are on shoulders not helmets.
its the Crux Terminatus

Forever.

The crux comes in many forms, not just shoulder mounted. I think one of the Sternguard helmets is a MkIV with a crux on the forehead.

>may buy an Imperial Bastion or Bunker instead of a dedicated transport
Never knew I needed this. Holy moly!
Extend it to all non-jump non-terminator infantry (of 10 or more?) and it's great.
Make heavy support squads optional troops too.
Probably a limit on fast-attack as well, I imagine.
And some generic bonuses as well, perhaps boosting buildings and letting rapid-fire weapons inside buildings rapid-fire at 3/4 range instead of half range.

Can you show a picture of which one it is from a site like Bitzbox?

If you're Imperial Fists I'd personally say it's almost always fine because muh crosses and them being the ones who accompanied the Emperor to the final battle.

I'm equally excited and terrified, it's weird to finally get rules and a nice FW treatment (as a long, loooonnngtime TS fan) but as the forever losers, I expect lots of things I like being made fun of and muh fragile feelings

not really, the only thing I'm dreading is if there's some bullshit in there that triggers autists

Don't worry, I fully expect TS to get nerfed because no one else has psykers.

I have high hopes for FW magnus however.

>some bullshit in there that triggers autists
There's nothing that isn't this.

Armoured Breakthrough != Armoured Spearhead

When FW gives us the truth of the Space Wolves and the Emperor's Executioners, there's going to be a torrent of Butthurt. Either from Wolvesfags or Antiwolvesfags.

eternalhunt.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/space-marine-release-16.jpg

Vanguard, actually. This one up right, and it's for an IW.

>Plus memes. All the fucking memes.
If you know the path, show it to us.
Please don't say "lore". BL is the memiest of them all.

You forget Word Bearers who have Psyker Praetors, Centurions, Diabolists, and Chaplains.

Honestly? They already did Armoured Breakthrough, so I can bliztkrieg to my heart's content. It's such a weird outlier for a generic RoW, too, in that it fundamentally changes your force disposition rather radically and lets you build an entire army that doesn't have a single infantry model in it if you really want to go all out with it. I'm surprised they did anything that wild, much less something available to (almost) any legion.

Like, vehicles never being scoring units, even if they're a dedicated transport, is a BIG part of HH games and missions, and then they let you take Predators as troops that can score while being fast for basically no point tax? Shit is nuts, man.

I don't think I could have even wishlisted a RoW as good as Armoured Breakthrough has ended up being, especially now that the Master of Armour counts as your Master of the Legion so you don't even have to take the old Praetor/Primarch + Transport tax you did before the red book update. The only debatable thing I'd like to do that I'm not sure you can do is to take pintle-mounted heavy bolters on the troop Predators (since they're only 10 points per upgrade and the tanks are fast)... but given how expensive that is to buy without recasting I'm okay with not doing that.

I feel the bigger issue is you're considering using the terrible anteater variant of the mk IV helmet.

So, you want The Reaping ;^)?
I'd fix the ones we have before proposing new ones.

Even the lore's gone to fucking shit, so that's no option.

What were Horus heresy threads like before the General? They were mostly just discussion. Not just lore, but models and armies. A lot of your dudes stuff (which I rarely if ever see here) and ideas for armies. And campaign ideas, ideas for warzones, sectors and linked games to decide the fate of dozens of worlds.

I think we need more of the wonder and openness of those early days, and not the weary, stodgy self-ironic shitposting we have these days.

I personally don't like it and don't feel like it looks very IW, but at the end of the day they are "your dudes", and it's Mark 4 so anything can happen.

I forgot Vanguard had MkIV as well. Confused it with regular AssMarines.

I used the Sternguard MkIV helmet with optics on my support squad.

A rite of war that represents this method of conducting war.

Yes.
Why wouldn't he?
Say it was a Mechanicum muster, they are both sworn brothers to the Mechanicus

Thread began to slide when anyone tabletop standard and below started getting shat on when they post pics and most Your Dudes write ups got holes picked in and autisted to death.

Rosterposting still seems helpful in the main, however. Some people just shit on them, but most comments seem positive crits (even if they turn out to be shit advice in practice).

XIth thread for the XIth!

Battlescribe is wrong (it's currently being rewritten for the new app and has a TON of issues), and 1d4chan is very often out of date.

When Armoured Breakthrough was first written, you did need to have someone else that had MotL in the army in order to actually use the RoW. This is the RAW from HH6: Retribution. However, when the new generic legions book came out a few months later it contained updated rules for Armoured Breakthrough. The MoA now counts as a MotL for the purposes of taking the Armoured Breakthrough RoW (and that RoW only), which means you don't have to take a Delegatus, Praetor or Primarch if you don't want to.

It also clears up that the MoA doesn't HAVE to be your Warlord (previously it did), but since his warlord trait is the +1BS and Command Tank upgrade you have to keep him as the warlord or he becomes a generic Sicaran/Predator like any other. For example, if you want to run Armoured Breakthough and stick Castrmen Orth in a super heavy tank to hide your warlord behind 12 hull points of heavy armour your MoA is going to lose all his handy warlord perks and just turn in a vanilla tank; however, you can still do that, keep the MoA as your warlord, but your big fuck-off tank just gets Orth's rules bonuses and your warlord is still (relatively) vulnerable in that he's just a tank that can get blown up.

Hope that clears things up for you. In general, though, DO NOT TRUST BATTLESCRIBE. It's RIDDLED with errors, many of which were from reverting to previous old files when the new program version was released and everyone had to scramble to redo all the data files. ALWAYS double check against the rulebooks.

>A lot of your dudes stuff (which I rarely if ever see here) and ideas for armies.
We have them. We call it "Knight user". Make of it what you will.
>And campaign ideas, ideas for warzones, sectors and linked games to decide the fate of dozens of worlds.
So, rules writing? We also have those, I thought you didn't like it.
I've been here since HH3. Or HH4, I don't remember. All I've known is scanbegging and memes.

[REDACTKEKED]

Gimp actually, while we're on the subject does anyone have an Imperial document sanctioned for purging stamp?

I think that symbol is post-heresy but I am not sure.

It's not, it's just a general variant of the elites symbol. People just confuse it with the Crux Terminatus sub variant.

What's this thing with people saying the Stormlord isn't an assault vehicle? It even has it in the name.

>assault cannon
>heavy flamer

Because it isn't.

Original guy asking, thank you, you are right!

Sorry. I'm stupid

Oh, I thought it was like open topped except for the +1 vehicle damage.
Booooooo!

>Stormlord
I don't see the words "Assault Vehicle" in there at all. In fact, Stormlord is one word!

No, there different versions across the black books and transfer sheets.

Fair.

It literally says it's open-topped when you disembark.

Page 88 of the mini rulebook:

>PASSENGERS CHARGING FROM OPEN-TOPPED TRANSPORTS

"Acting as an ideal attack platform, all Open-topped Transports have the Assault Vehicle special rule."

immediately below that:

>ASSAULT VEHICLE

"Passengers disembarking from Access Points on a vehicle with this special rule can charge on the turn they do so (even on a turn that the vehicle was destroyed) unless the vehicle arrived from Reserve that turn."

Since it is Open-topped when you disembark, it has the Assault Vehicle special rule when you disembark. Since that rule specifically refers to disembarking, you can charge when you disembark from a Stormlord.

NEVER!
CURZEFAG!

It's treated as open-topped for embarking and disembarking purposes and usually that lets you assault after disembarking.

Then again, I looked at the rulebook and it says that all models with Open-Topped rule have the Assault Vehicle rule. But the Stormlord is not Open-Topped, it's merely treated as such for the purpose of embarking and disembarking. Like how a model can move like jump infantry, but would not be considered as jump infantry in any other respects.

So does this mean units cannot charge out of the Stormlord? Would seem so.

But... what else would being open topped for embarking and disembarking even mean? Just that the entire hull can be treated as an access point?

You can shoot out of it as if it's open topped, too, can't you? Pretty sure the reason it's not explicitly open topped is so that you don't get +1 on the damage table like you would against other open topped vehicles.

>Acting as an ideal attack platform, all Open-topped Transports have the Assault Vehicle special rule.
But it's not an open topped vehicle.
It's not an open topped vehicle in the movement phase.
You disembark from it as though it was an open topped vehicle, which means you disembark from any point of the vehicle.

How do people here customize their Rhino's? Especially what kind of addons do you use to represent extra armor?

>Just that the entire hull can be treated as an access point?
Yes exactly that.
>You can shoot out of it as if it's open topped, too, can't you?
No, no you can't, read fire points here

>But it's not an open topped vehicle.

It is when you disembark from it, which is when Assault Vehicle matters.

forgeworld.co.uk/en-AU/Rhino-Predator-Reinforced-Armour

A) I would have thought that Assault Vehicle mattered in the assault phase, which is not at all when you disembark.
B) It's not an open topped vehicle when you disembark from it, it counts as one for disembarking purposes i.e. where the access points are, and nothing else.

I don't bother with extra armour, but 15 point multi-meltas are pretty sick on Rhinos, and you get two of them in the pintle-mounted weapons pack