/hwg/ - Historical Wargames General

Imperial Camel Corps Edition

Previous thread: Get in here, post games, miniatures, questions, whatever you like.

List of mini providers:
docs.google.com/document/d/1uGaaOSvSTqpwPGAvLPY3B5M2WYppDhzXdjwMpqRxo9M/edit

List of Historical Tactical, Strategic, and Military Drill treatises:
pastebin.com/BfMeGd6R

ZunTsu Gameboxes:
mediafire.com/folder/yaokao3h1o4og/ZunTsu_GameBoxes

/hwg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/tghwg/

Games, Ospreys & References folders:
mediafire.com/folder/lu95l5mgg06d5/Ancient
mediafire.com/folder/81ck8x600cas4/Medieval
mediafire.com/folder/w6m41ma3co51e/Horse_and_Musket
mediafire.com/folder/vh1uqv8gipzo1/Napoleonic
mediafire.com/folder/bbpscr0dam7iy/ACW
mediafire.com/folder/bvdtt01gh105d/Victorian
mediafire.com/folder/b35x147vmc6sg/World_War_One
mediafire.com/folder/z8a13ampzzs88/World_War_Two
mediafire.com/folder/z8i8t83bysdwz/Vietnam_War
mediafire.com/folder/7n3mcn9hlgl1t/Modern

mediafire.com/folder/6jrcg496e7vnb/Avalon Hill
mediafire.com/folder/pq6ckzqo3g6e6/Field_Of_Glory
mediafire.com/folder/r2mff8tnl8bjy/GDW
mediafire.com/folder/whmbo8ii2evqh//SPI
mediafire.com/folder/ws6yi58d2oacc/Strategy_&_Tactics_Magazine
mediafire.com/folder/lx05hfgbic6b8/Naval_Wargaming
mediafire.com/folder/s1am77aldi1as/Wargames
mega.nz/#F!ZAoVjbQB!iGfDqfBDpgr0GC-NHg7KFQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
mega.nz/#F!i1N3xZxL!C6fQ3Z8o2U0gtk5kdXuVcQ
mega.nz/#F!XsVD0KgT!twB1NWiFE3aKXK_O1EZ4pA
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
mega.nz/#F!LxkElYYY!FJB5miNmlWZKMj2VfSYdxg
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf
mediafire.com/file/d00kbpry8d910ce/Osprey - MAA 269 - The Ottoman Army 1914-18.pdf
mediafire.com/file/6ri86cd98fxt9i1/Osprey - MAA 406 - The British Army In World War I (3) The Eastern Fronts.pdf
mediafire.com/file/cf83qc8k0f2w8wx/Osprey - MAA 473 - New Zealand Expeditionary Force In World War I.pdf
mediafire.com/file/o3h3swpq7i8jz6d/Osprey - MAA 478 - The Australian Army in World War I.pdf
wwpd.net/2014/05/wargames-factory-soviets.html
rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1572521
youtube.com/watch?v=w1xGbEDs6-4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Advanced Squad Leader
mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
>Battleground WWII
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
>Battlegroup
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ
>Black Powder
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
>Bolt Action
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
>By Fire And Sword
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
>Fleet Series
mega.nz/#F!i1N3xZxL!C6fQ3Z8o2U0gtk5kdXuVcQ
>Hail Caesar
mega.nz/#F!XsVD0KgT!twB1NWiFE3aKXK_O1EZ4pA
>Impetus
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
>Modelling & painting guides
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
>Next War (GMT)
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
>Phoenix Command RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
>Saga
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
>Twilight 2000/2013 RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
>Wargaming Compendium
mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
>Warhammer Ancient battles 2.0
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
>Warhammer Historical
mega.nz/#F!LxkElYYY!FJB5miNmlWZKMj2VfSYdxg
>Warmaster Ancients
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf

Desired scans :
Rank and File supplements
Harpoon 3 & 4 supplements
Force on Force supplements
Hind Commander
At Close Quarters
War and Conquest

January 9th in military history:

475 – Byzantine Emperor Zeno is forced to flee his capital at Constantinople, and his general, Basiliscus gains control of the empire.
1127 – Jin–Song Wars: Invading Jurchen soldiers from the Jin dynasty besiege and sack Bianjing (Kaifeng), ending the Northern Song dynasty.
1760 – Ahmad Shah Durrani defeats the Marathas in the Battle of Barari Ghat.
1792 – Treaty of Jassy between the Russian and Ottoman Empires is signed.
1799 – British Prime Minister William Pitt the Younger introduces an income tax of two shillings to the pound to raise funds for Great Britain's war effort in the Napoleonic Wars.
1806 – Lord Nelson receives a state funeral and is interred in St Paul's Cathedral.
1861 – American Civil War: "Star of the West" incident occurs near Charleston, South Carolina.
1863 – American Civil War: The Battle of Fort Hindman begins in Arkansas.
1916 – World War I: The Battle of Gallipoli concludes with an Ottoman Empire victory when the last Allied forces are evacuated from the peninsula.
1917 – World War I: The Battle of Rafa is fought near the Egyptian border with Palestine.
1918 – Battle of Bear Valley: The last battle of the American Indian Wars.
1921 – Greco-Turkish War: The First Battle of İnönü, the first battle of the war, begins near Eskişehir in Anatolia.
1923 – Lithuanian residents of the Memel Territory rebel against the League of Nations' decision to leave the area as a mandated region under French control.
1941 – World War II: First flight of the Avro Lancaster.
1945 – World War II: The Sixth United States Army begins the invasion of Lingayen Gulf.
1964 – Martyrs' Day: Several Panamanians try to raise the Panamanian flag on the U.S.-controlled Panama Canal Zone, leading to fighting between U.S. military and Panamanian civilians.
1996 – First Chechen War: Chechen separatists launch a raid against the airfield and later a hospital in the city of Kizlyar in neighboring Dagestan,

Today marks 100 years since the Battle of Rafa, the third and final battle to complete the recapture of the Sinai Peninsula by British forces during the Sinai and Palestine Campaign of the First World War. The Desert Column of the Egyptian Expeditionary Force (EEF) attacked an entrenched Ottoman Army garrison at El Magruntein to the south of Rafa, close to the frontier between the Sultanate of Egypt and the Ottoman Empire, to the north and east of Sheikh Zowaiid. The attack marked the beginning of fighting in the Ottoman territory of Palestine.

In the wake of their defensive stand at Romani in August 1915, British Commonwealth forces under General Sir Archibald Murray began pushing across the Sinai Peninsula. Due to the harsh desert terrain, the pace of the advance was governed by the construction of a railroad and water pipeline to support the troops. Reaching El Arish, mounted forces under Major General Sir Henry Chauvel captured Turkish fortifications at Magdhaba on December 23rd. Eager to complete the conquest of the Sinai, Murray sought to force the Turks out of Rafa, near the Egyptian Sinai-Palestine border. On January 8, 1916, Murray assigned this task to Chauvel's Anzac Mounted Division.

The commander of the Desert Mounted Column, Lieutenant General Philip Chetwode, rode with Chauvel's men to oversee the assault. Near Rafa, the Turks had constructed a defensive position at El Magruntein, anchored on a rise known as Hill 255. Building four redoubts, they placed one atop the hill and the others to the west, south, and east. These were dubbed redoubts A, B, and C.

Approaching Rafa on the morning of January 9 with the 1st & 3rd Australian Light Horse Brigades, the 5th Yeomanry Brigade, the New Zealand Light Horse Brigade, and three battalions of the Imperial Camel Corps, Chetwode worked to isolate the garrison by cutting the telegraph lines to Gaza.

Sending the New Zealanders around to the south, he ordered them to approach the outpost from the east and north, while the Yeomanry Brigade moved in from the west. At 7:00 AM, British horse artillery batteries opened fire on the Turkish redoubts.

Shortly after the shelling commenced, a group of Turks attempted to escape towards Gaza, but were intercepted and captured by the New Zealanders. Moving forward, the British advanced on foot, with Chetwode initially holding two brigades in reserve (3rd Light Horse & 5th Yeomanry). These were soon committed to the battle, as his men surrounded the Turkish fortifications. Advancing across open ground, the assault quickly bogged down as the Turks were able to maintain a high rate of fire. By early to mid-afternoon supplies of ammunition began to run low. Although Chauvel called for further effort, the mistake of leaving the ammunition vehicles behind proved costly, as the attack wavered.

As the Australian Mounted Division formed the bulk of the mounted troops in the theater, neither Chetwode nor Chauvel was willing to sustain heavy casualties, particularly as they both believed that the Turks would soon abandon Rafa of their own accord. Alerted to the approach of a Turkish relief force, the two commanders began making plans to fall back to El Arish. As evening approached and the withdraw orders written, several of Chauvel's brigades launched final efforts against the Turks. Charging from the north, three New Zealand regiments attacked the main redoubt on Hill 255.

This was supported by assaults on Redoubt B by the Camel Corps and Redoubt C by the 1st Light Horse Brigade. All three attacks reached the enemy fortifications and succeeded in overcoming the Turkish opposition. Overwhelmed, the Turks began surrendering and all of Rafa was taken in short order.

During the fighting the Desert Column suffered three times the losses previously endured at Magdhaba. The 487 casualties included 124 New Zealanders: 71 killed, 415 wounded and one missing. Chetwode reported to the commander of Eastern Force, Lieutenant General Charles Macpherson Dobell, that the work of all troops engaged had been excellent, and the part played by the New Zealand Mounted Rifles Brigade had been outstanding.

Against this, the mainly Ottoman prisoners, which included some German machine-gunners, totalled between 1,472 and 1,635, with 162 of them wounded. About 200 Ottoman soldiers were killed on the battlefield.

The Sinai/Palestine theatre doesn't get a lot of attention in World War One wargaming, which is a shame because it has a lot to offer. Manoeuvre plays a huge role, and exotic units like the different cavalry forces as well as armoured cars are in abundance. The Ottomans, with German support, can mount a determined defence and the Allied player needs to exploit their mobility to get around this. Aircraft and artillery come to play a vital role during the campaign, added combined arms elements later on.

mediafire.com/file/d00kbpry8d910ce/Osprey - MAA 269 - The Ottoman Army 1914-18.pdf
mediafire.com/file/6ri86cd98fxt9i1/Osprey - MAA 406 - The British Army In World War I (3) The Eastern Fronts.pdf
mediafire.com/file/cf83qc8k0f2w8wx/Osprey - MAA 473 - New Zealand Expeditionary Force In World War I.pdf
mediafire.com/file/o3h3swpq7i8jz6d/Osprey - MAA 478 - The Australian Army in World War I.pdf

The community project this month, is a mini or unit based on something from military fiction.

They're not great and it's a bit late, but I got the /hwg/ bug again and completed last month's community project. The theme was food, so I made three animals as hidden movement markers in M&T. Two venison and one pork.

I've also ordered a miniature for this month's project. Waiting for Warlord Games to cast it though.

I've been wargaming for a few years now but never really branched out of WW2 and modern stuff.

What pike & shot era game should I play if I'm an autist for fluffy battles?

Probably not Pike&Shotte unless you're willing to do a lot of work making your own units.

What bit of the era would you be looking at though? Stuff changes quite a lot over the couple of centuries covered even if the weaponry doesn't.

I'm a sweden yes cuck, so the thirty years war and the not-really-that-pike&shot great northern war both appeal.

I had a look at Pike&Shotte and the unit stuff looked pretty lightweight, but I didn't really read into it. Is it GURPS Vehicles tier crunch or just a lot of paperwork?

It's incredibly casual tier creation. But I've seen a lot of complaints about the army lists being a mess, having bad details, missing things that were around and even the formations just being wrongly shaped for anything past early Tercios.

For most people that won't matter but if you're gonna be detail-focused it'll bug you incessantly.

Well I mean, I am the kinda guy who buys 3 different kits to kitbash into a single reg, so that would probably fuck with me.

Got anything you could reccomend?

Well my usual recommendation if not Pike & Shotte is to go Baroque, but I am not sure in this case. Maybe Father Tilly is an option but I only really know of it by reputation so can't offer more than a name. But it is explicitly 30 years War based and not trying to cover everything from Landsknects to Plug Bayonets.

With Fire and Sword, if you fancy doing 15mm.

Baroque looks pretty rad, doesn't seem like the PDF is in the mega though. Do you have it?

Only a physical copy I'm afraid.

I know this is a bit of a longshot, but does anyone have PBI/Poor Bloody Infantry's Company Architect book? I see the main rules book is in the OP pdf stores, but I'd like to see some of the arrangements inside.

So some bloke in the naval thread reckoned that GHQ was better quality than Langton for Nap naval. Langton however do have a better range, and an Indefatigable model which would be great for this challenge. Further thoughts?

>Further thoughts?

...There's a naval thread?
[insert naval-gazing joke here] fuck it too tired to invent/steal joke.

>get pic related printed at print shop
>go to pick it up
>lady asks "are you going there?"
suuure... I'm going to austia-hungary, and prussia, and the ottoman empire...

I'm pretty happy with how the map turned out, squares are large enough to fit 5 risk cannons in (which would be 500 points of forces) which is usually the max in a campaign.

The production centres may not be 100% finished (and any suggestions are welcome), might do some tweaking depending on a bit of playtesting.

"Allies" will be french, English and US forces. I could potentially split them up, but I thought it would keep things historical if they were automatically together.

I am jelly of your map.

BRDM

>make fun of lady in shop trying to make small talk
>Prussia isn't even on that map and became the German Empire decades before the time period.
She was just being friendly you autist

heh, I didn't actually make fun of her. The witty response only came later after I was getting in the car - as most witty responses seems to do. I just told her it was for wargames. No feelings were hurt, except perhaps prussia

What Rank & File Supplements are you looking for? I thought they were all accounted for.

Burn & Loot yay or nay?

If you don´t want to conquer the direct area sure. If you do want it it´s better to keep the local populace friendly

>got D-day firefight + Sherman tank for $80

I'm starting with the half-track first. I hope to get everything done by the end of the month, so a friend and I can play.

Hwg, what color is my half track going to be?

Prussia sort of is still on the map because it became a state of the Empire.

It's a bit like saying Texas doesn't appear on maps after 1846.

Prussia does not exist anymore however.

For now

Heil dir im Siegerkranz...

#Freeprussia

Dunkelgelb. If you like add some blobs in green and or brown for camo.

Technically your Halftrack could be Panzergrau as well, but then it wouldn't fit as an enemy for your americans since from 1943 onwards all german gear was painted dark yellow.

How good are transports in bolt action i don't see them offten is there a reason why?

because i'm tempted to get some bren carriers and kangaroos.

They are pretty bad with some weird rules that can cause them to be lost to bullshit. Occasionally good for capture and recover objectives. A universal carrier is an OK option due to it being small and cheap.

>bren carriers

I won't lie, I've used Bren carriers successfully to carry a Commando section around. Drive up a flank somewhere towards something you don't like, and the Commando all hop out, hose the target down with SMG and Vickers K fire, and the Bren Carrier can add in with the Bren guns(s). It's a surprising amount of firepower, all told, and giving a Commando section that sort of mobility is will worth the Bren Carrier's cost; the extra LMGs are just icing on the cake.

Completely unarmed transports and soft trucks? Yeah, unless you REALLY need to move AT guns around, or you need them for scenario play, don't see a lot of use.

Good eye! Thanks for looking out user

After watching all the programmes multiple times (except Sharp's Gold which I only watched once, and I haven't even seen the Indian ones because they're a pile of wank), I've finally started reading the books.

What's the best way to get my Sharpe fix on the tabletop?

Grinding up a miniature of Sharpe and injecting it.
Hotglueing a miniature of Sharpe.
Playing Sharp Practice by two fat lardies.

Pick one of the above options.

Get some CHOSEN MEN and play Song of Drums and Shakos or Sharp Practice (for slightly larger games).

>Completely unarmed transports and soft trucks? Yeah, unless you REALLY need to move AT guns around, or you need them for scenario play, don't see a lot of use.

Meanwhile in real life most WW2 armies were horsedrawn and would have loved to have had a truck. That said, the transports were generally ditched well before they got into combat

Hey there,

some weeks ago I read some news about a small skirmish game with roman setting. Not sure if upcoming or recently released. I forgot the name and now I cannot find the mentioned news.
Anyone can help?

LAV-25

Hey can anybody help me?
I just started my greek force for Bolt action and i am confused as what to use for their uniforms colors.
Not really experienced in painting can anybody give good paints for the uniform?

Broken Legions? its more Fantasy than Hist though.

Get trucks if you want gameplay efficiency.
Everything else is a waste of points.

If you want/need armored transports for your army go for it, they aren't as terrible as they were in 1st edition, (they can fire now without passengers inside) but still need to be played carefully.

Allied halftracks with mounted HMGs are nice doe.

Vallejo "russian uniform" might work as a base color for the uniform.

I'm making a list for a German Atlantic wall scratch force and included a couple horse tows just because I think they're neat to have/historically correct.

Still have a lot of people who identify themselves as Prussian. Often hear people refer to Prussian officers, etc. In memoirs. And it is marked on that map - all across the top of germany spans a large label "prussia".

>thinking the point of this is that Prussia is still a province in Germany rather than the guy making fun of the nice lady making small talk with him

You mean this set?
Seems pretty good but i think the greens might not work for the greeks.

no he means the Vallejo Model Colour 'Russian Uniform'.

Ah ok sorry

It was not Broken Legions as far as I remember. It was historical only.

BMP

There are quite a few Sharpe & friends minis available too, from a number of companies

Hey guys can't seem to find any data on soviet paratroopers in ww2. Wanted to do an army of them for bolt action and was wondering about couple things.

>Color scheme
>Equipment
>What vehicles they used
>What anti tank, and artillery guns they used.

Sorry if they questions are dumb /hwg/.

This is from Suttons "red army handbook" you should be able to find a PDF online

As for uniforms, google soviet airborne, there's plenty of images, even some BA armies (the one I saw was all infantry - no At guns or vehicles)

Here's the Airborne BA army

wwpd.net/2014/05/wargames-factory-soviets.html

Paras wore soft helmets like the tankers did, but once on the ground wore their blue pilotkas. They wore one-piece camo suits with amoeba pattern like scouts do. Their armament was the PPSH, with one or two SVT rifles to the sharp shooters in the platoon. Each squad had a DP LMG, possibly two if the fourth platoon was absent from the company. They employed PRTD rifles and 50mm light mortars like normal Red Army did, along with maxim MGs without the gun shield, and all were trained in sabotage, carrying small wooden-cased demo bombs, and satchel charges. Depending on when they got those RPG-whatever AT grenades as well. If they could secure airfields from the enemy, light scout tanks and other equipment could be airlifted out to reinforce them.

The Zaloga one? I can't seem to find a pdf of it.

*internet fistbump*

That's the way to do Bolt Action. If you play with WAAC people, it's miserable all around. But if you have a group who can make and stick to a gentleman's agreement to make historical lists and play for objectives instead of exclusively "kill everyone" scenarios, it's actually a fun game.

You guys think it'd do them a disservice if all I did was use the standard warlord games soviet infantry box set and do the camo along with painting whatever soldier that has a pilotka blue?

Also wanted to include a tank because I do love the things. anyway know where I can find a t-40 light tank at the scale?

Maybe choose a different type of force if you want tanks? paras aren't really suited to it, although you could use a captured enemy tank potentially. not sure if BA has rules for that, but a Pz. IV or something would be pretty cool.

Captured panther would be ultimate

rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1572521

Yeah I think you're right I'll just go with infantry. I'll use the tanks for my assault pioneers for my germans.

You could still potentially have a light tank like a T-70 or BT-7, the airborne could join up with advanced forces, so really any kind of vehicle is feasable in a mixed platoon.

Motorcycles would be cool.

Nah just saw that the t-40 was in the book and I saw it on that list that user shared so I thought I'd try to throw it in.

I think I'll go with something like they just hit the ground and all they have is FO's, mortars, and AT guns.

A T-70 would be pretty close to a T-40 in size and shape. Should be able to find miniatures for them.

Thanks! I'm gonna throw my list up. My idea is a scratch kampfgruppe of Osttruppen thrown together from Kriegsmarine coastal artillerymen defending their battery. I'm thinking I can do the Osttruppen by mixing in a couple DP-28s and some Mosin-Nagants off the Soviet infantry sprues. Also going to use the Soviet 45mm ATG instead of the Pak 38, since it has the same stats in BA.

Kriegsmarine are just gonna normal Grenadier models with a couple headswaps, maybe, since Coastal Artillery basically wore Heer uniforms by this point of the war, anyway.

Funny thing is this list came around because I really wanted to have a captured Somua R35 on the table.

I wish I had half the skills that this guy does

youtube.com/watch?v=w1xGbEDs6-4

Soviet Air Guards Platoon
1,003 Points Total with 11 total order dice

HQ
Second (Regular) Lieutenant- 65pts
-One guard

Air Force Forward Observer (Regular)- 85 pts
-One guard

Troops
First Airborne Squad (Veterans) -186 pts
-6 additional men
-LMG gunner
-Tough Fighters
-SMG's x4

Second Airborne Squad (Veterans)- 186 pts
-6 additional men
-LMG gunner
-Tough Fighters
-SMG's x4

Third Airborne Squad (Veterans)-186 pts
-6 additional men
-LMG gunner
-Tough Fighters
-SMG's x4

Rifle Squad (Inexperienced)- 71 pts
-7 Additional men
-Anti-tank grenades

Weapon Teams
Sniper team (Regular)- 50 pts
Light Mortar Team- 35 pts
Light Mortar Team- 35 pts
M-42 Light Anti-Tank Gun (Regular)- 58 pts

Vehicles
Gaz "Jeep" (Regular) - 46 pts
-HMG mount

Sorry for the shitty format guys but very first bolt action list I created myself. How's it look?

Damn that's cool

>I'm now imagining a 3D naval wargaming in 1/700 scale, including Submarine combat

Damnit, we need this technology, and it needs to be affordable but perfect. We also need it now.

vr wargaming when

Tabletop sim is technically a thing

Could you not just do it like aerial wargaming but mount the subs on adjustable flightstands?

Don't be silly user, that'd be cheap and simple and quite a good idea.

I'm sorry, I won't do it again I promise.

It would have been interesting (at least from a war games persepctive) if the Soviets had had the transport capacity to do some drops as part of Bagration. Cutting the road between Warsaw and Siedlce or taking the bridges over the Vistula to prevent the Germans retreating westward.

A T-60 is just a low-budget adaptation of a T40/T40S.

Can you guys rate my air guards list I posted in here? Tried to keep it historical but added somethings like the jeep for fun. Gonna be my first BA army to go up again my friends marines starter box for fun.

>elite recon/para/commando force
>inexperienced squads

Why do people do this?

The inexp squad is free with the Soviets.

I just got the romans from hail caesar starter set and a caesar himself & antony miniatures.

did I do good? what should I expect in this game?

It's a completely free 5 man squad I can suicide throw at a tank if I need to. Providing they don't fuck up and go down.

Plus I look at them like the first three squads are the hard motherfuckers and these guys are the rookie reserves with bravado.

Even relatively elite formations had green troops, every unit needs to replace troops killed.

Does anyone know where I can find reference material on the German coastal artillery?

This is aeronef & aquanef, so flying ships and submarines (and a sunken wreck lying on the sea floor).

Surface ships under a similar basing scheme would be handled like so.

You'd probably want a less-crazy seafloor for a realistic game, and maybe car-antenna-mounted aircraft?

And yeah, you could just do a sub game with adjustable bases, but that gets awfully tall for surface vessels. Maybe go with a lego base for adjustable sub depth?

i wondering what i was looking at and thought this was AWG for a moment.

Ball-style tops are always an option if you want your subs or aircraft to be able to bank and dive and pose.

Yeah, 'nef is solidly /awg/, but it illustrates ways of handling different levels without too much hassle. The implied sea surface might be a bit of an abstraction too far for some, but eh, I like it.