/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Last thread: Paste: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Pls do not bully Cassandra

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12049163/r
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>"Heave's Fury"

Oops, forgot my name again. Sorry, Reddit.

Not many changes from last version, mechanically. Only that you now have 20 Orichalcum Coins to start; it won by 1 vote. Whatever.

I will post the "Cylorian Battlemages" later tonight once I've gotten more builds.

And like that, we're done Battlemage, guys. It was magical. I will not update this any further unless there is a significant change(s) that need to be made.

God fucking dammit I'm leaving that in there until more needs to be done.

> The continuous mutation of your name, leading towards its final form.

Hey, are you finished making player companions, or is that still going for a while?

Please disregard, I simply asked the question out of reflex without looked at the contents of your post.

I shall do the dying now.

No worries. Will likely compile whatever I have by midnight EST and post it.

Now, I can retire.

>Pls do not bully Cassandra
I want to waifu her.

Posting this for those who will make custom weapons.

>And like that, we're done Battlemage, guys. It was magical. I will not update this any further unless there is a significant change(s) that need to be made.

But you said we would get lewds?

No those are going to be their own cyoa, remember?

Reposting for the the new thread.

> “Incredibly Upset Man.”
> Human Slayer.
> Strength, Endurance, Vitality, Precision, Mind.
> Armor: I AM THE ARMOR.
> Weapons: Custom: A boot laced with Orichalcum Coins.
> Force unlock, Momentum, Unstoppable force, Launch, Mass, Pound, Inertia, Sand Storm.
> Quake, Collapse, Seismic sense.
> Deflect, Immovable object, Tilt, Flame unlock.
> Cloud of smoke, Conflagration, Magma torrent, Nova, Vulcan.
> Flame skates, Cauterize, Dragoon armor, Explosive blows, Density, Poise, Direction, Dragon fire.
> KNIGHTS OF DROPPING IN THE MIDDLE OF SHIT AND EXPLODING.
> Companions: An impressive amount of worldly regret.
> Ruinic Expedition.
> Skirmish.
> Calamity.
> ANNIHILATE

A build that can literally orbital drop in, blow everything up sky high, cave the earth in while doing it, and then CHASE THE ENEMIES STILL FALLING FROM MILES ABOVE BY FUCKING JUMPING AND RUNNING ON ALL THE FALLING RUBBLE SO I CAN SHOVE MY DAMNED FUCKING BOOT SO FAR DOWN THEIR THROATS THAT THEY’RE ANALLY RAPED.

“WHY YES, I SEXUALLY IDENTIFY AS A GENOCIDE. WHERE ARE THOSE MONSTERS?! WHY AREN’T WE EXPLODING THEM?! PEOPLE ARE DYING RIGHT NOW WE NEED TO KILL THEM ALL! KILL THEM ALL AND FIND WHERE THEY CAME FROM AND KILL THEM ALL AGAIN. I miss my daughter."

There seems to be a lot of us vaguely-similar Knights of the Dust guys but hey, it's the coolest guild.

Bartholomew "Spaceman" Bonds

>Race
Human

>Mark
Vanguard
-Strength
-Intellect
-Mind
-Vitality
-Clarity

>Primal Etch
Knight

>Weapons
Greathammer + Staff (Force Magic)
Tower Shield

>Starting Magic
Force Unlock
Momentum
Unstoppable Force
Launch

Wind Unlock
Zephyr
Fling
Breathe

>Guild
Knights of Dust

>Companions
Judith Laflèche +1 Magical Skill

>Quests
Search and Rescue
Denial
Fort Defence
Annihilate

By harnessing the elements of Air and Earth Bartholomew hopes to leave both behind and someday explore the stars. In the meantime he uses his skills to achieve tactical superiority by securing the highest ground there is. Judith keeps him grounded even as he tirelessly searches for ways to achieve more power and more altitude. His sleek, air-enchanted armor is certainly fanciful looking but he claims it's a great benefit at high speeds.

>Final Magic (26)
Force Unlock
Density
Inertia
Momentum
Unstoppable Force
Launch
Mass
Pound

Wind Unlock
Zephyr
Breathe
Fling

Lightning Unlock
Empower
Energy Siphon
Energy Focus
Energy Barrier
Mjõlnir

Fire Unlock
Dragoon Armour
Explosive Blows
Flame Skates
Cauterize
Dragon Fire
Nova
Dragoon

Force Elemental Drake
-Breathe etch
-Dragoon Armour etch

Rocketship Drake!

I was going to make another three guilds for this release, but I'm burned out. I can't write anymore. Maybe in the future.

As long as it does update someday, be it next week or in several months/the better part of a year, I'll be happy.

Name: Mathéo "Rockstar" d'Artagnan

Race
>Human

Mark
>Prophet(Intellect***, Clarity**, Charisma*, Agility*, Endurance*)
Really gonna need that peak-human charisma if I'm gonna get my band playing together and not against each other. Also cause I'm a rockstar.

Armour
>Battlemage (Bocca Chiusa & Energy Harvest Etches)

Weapons (20)
>Hybrid Magitech Guitar/Acoustic Staff (Amoroso & Void Discharge Etch)
>Rapier/Wand (Amoroso & Void Discharge Etch)

Spells & Etches (28)
>Unlock Acoustic (Amoroso, Bocca Chiusa, T1 Piercing Notes, T2 Marcato, T3 Cappcriccioso, T1 In Rilievo, T2 Medley, T3 Crescendo, T4 Magnum Opus, T5 Harmony)
>Unlock Lightning (Energy Harvest, T1 Bolt, T2 Warp, T3 Smite, T1 Energy Siphon, T2 Energy Focus, T4 Mjolnir, T5 Conduit)
>Unlock Undead (T1 Masochism, T2 Life Drain, T3 Sanguine Essence)
>Unlock Arcane (Void Discharge, T1 Void Stare, T2 Void Call)

Guilds
>Order of the Cobalt Muse
Need access to all the best compositions and musical minds if I want to pioneer a new sound and become an acoustic legend.

You don't need any more guilds. You already have Knights of Dust. I was mostly just remarking that once you've seen one Knight of Dust build you've basically seen them all.

Companions (24)
>Danilene Roland (Divine/Acoustic)
>Tanja Lindholm (Arcane/Acoustic)
>Roseia Joceus (Acoustic)
>Tristan Ménard (Force/Acoustic)
Fencing teacher/partner cause I really wanna learn his (really helpful)trick
>Léa Laur (Acoustic/Force)
>Mouse (Acoustic)
>Aarvold (Flame/Acoustic)
>Lilith Fawne (Acoustic/Undead)
>Alys En Chateau (Shadow)
Our band manager/promoter/bodyguard/groupie/designated driver/morning-after nurse/Yoko

Quests
>Runic Expedition (MGx2, BGx3, Horse)
>Skirmish (MGx3, BGx6, Tyrant)
>Reclamation (MGx4, BGx10, Drake)
>Defiant (MGx7)

With this many acoustic battlemages (hopefully)playing together to make a greater whole, we can take on armies/giants and win. All the while looking awesome and sounding incredible. Mostly going to focus on laying waste to said armies/giants and defending positions against them.

Sex, drugs and rock & roll intensifies!!

I don't even choose a guild. Don't worry about that part of it, dude.

Hmm you made some changes.

Who's ready for some adventures!

> Proto Derand.
> Construct Hunter.
> Precision, Intellect, Mind, Vitality, and Agility.
> Rogue Armor.
> Custom Weapon: Wand and Magitech Musket hybrid.
> Kite Shield.
> Arcane Unlock, Mana Burn, Spell Screen, Void Stare, Void Call, Void Tap, Lightning Unlock, and Bolt.
> Haste Cast, Spell Grab, and Spell Break.
> Overload, Redeemer, Blink, and Energy Harvest.
> Star Burst, Snare, Shock Pulse, Shock Force, and Mjolnir.
> Fury Charge, and no other spells.
> Knights of Alnor.
> Wyoming “Hopeful” Pihere.
> City Guard.
> Dispelling.
> Hunted.
> Sanity.
I may not be real, no matter how much I want to be, but I can do everything I can to save those that are. Time to roam the world, bringing justice and freedom to all. I’ll become a blazing star, trailing a golden path towards freedom that every man, woman, and child can follow! Follow into a better future, where they can finally live in peace, and without need for the weapons we’re turning ourselves into. I’ll inspire everyone to dream of a better world. I’ll fight for a future I where I can be proud of the kids growing up and wanting to be something other than weapons of war. Just can’t let the kids see my face. They can’t look up to a hero that turns out to be some faceless… thing.

For some reason, it didn't save my fixes for Holance Brgan, so here's a fixed version of page 5.

Some of these builds are starting to get depressing.

Build time!

Name: Slan Slab "Nuller"

Race: Human.

Mark: Vanguard

Sub attributes: Endurance, Agility, Precision

Armor Etch: Battlemage,Void Tap, Empower, Energy Harvest

Weapon: Titan Blade, Staff, Crossbow Hybrid

Weapon Etches: Density and the Arcane etches

Magic: Every Arcane spell (except Cosmos and Void Rays), Force Unlock, Full Momentum route + up to Deflect, Nature Unlock up to Root, Lightning Unlock

Short Story: Angry at the being rejected from the Knights of Dust for not having enough of his armor composed of plate, Slan learned whatever magic he could to upstage the group in both sword skills and destruction. He hung in with the Ixbrium Circle to better perfect his fighting style but their lust for revenge began to disturb him. Taking his carefully modified armor to hold the plants to empower his spells, he set out to be his own group.

>Remove won the Feliria and Azreal poll
>They're still there

Abby is much weaker now but costs the same.

Name: Khalsiyuum
Nickname: Stinger
Race: Ifraix
Mark: Hunter
Tertiary Attributes: Clarity, Agility, Endurance
Armour: Soldier

Weapons:
Dagger + Wand +Shield Catalyst Hybrid (10)
Rapier + Wand Hybrid (8)

Spells & Etches:
Nature (2): Unlock, Neurotoxin (W)
Undead (2): Unlock, Ceaseless (A), Soul Ripper (W), Masochism
Shadow (2): Unlock, Vorpal (W)

Guild: Ixbrium Circle

Companions:
Alys En Chasteaux

Quests:
>Novice: Search and Rescue

New Spells & Etches:
Time (3): Unlock, Haste

Companions: Bartholomew Zeke

Horse Mount

>Intermediate: Excellence

New Spells & Etches:
Frost (2): Unlock, Frozen Heart
Force (2): Unlock, Momentum

Companions:
Marvix Shaf

Tyrant Mount

>Expert: Reclamation

New Spells & Etches:
Wind (3): Unlock, Zephyr, Breathe (A)
Force (2): Poise (A), Unstoppable Force

Companions:
Briana Dhulcain
Increase Alys’s magical skill to D

Drake Mount

>Heroic: Sanity

New Spells & Etches:
Force (3): Launch, Mass, Pound
Wind (2): Fling, Echolocation (A)
Time (1): Double Time (W)

Extra Etching Slots

An Ifraix with an almost psychotic obsession to prove that his kind is as capable of melee combat as anyone else which ended up with him becoming one of the deadliest fencers in Ziona and one of the worst Ifraix spellcasters ever known.

Abilson "Corona"

>Race:
Ifraix

>Gender
Male

>Mark:
Prophet

>Attrib:
Intellect : Primary
Mind : Secondary
Clarity : Tertiary
Precision : Tertiary
Endurance : Tertiary

>Armor:
Battlemage Set

>Weapons:
Staff+Polearm
Shield Catalyst
Short Sword

>Spells:
FIRE UNLOCK
T1: Fireball
T2: Fire Disk
Etch: Dragoon Armor

ARCANE UNLOCK
T1: Void Stare
T2: Void Call
Etch: Void Tap

>Guild:
Elementalist Guild

>Allies:
IdeMay Ganleya
Thea Serle

>Quests:
Novice: Runic Expedition
Rewards: Raptor Mount
Arcane:: Spell Screen, Spell Grab
Fire:: Flame Skates
Allies: Alys En Chasteux

Intermediate: Dispelling
Rewards: Tyrant Mount
Arcane:: Haste Cast, Overload, Void Rays
Fire:: Cauterize
Allies: Osgood Polham

Expert: Liberation
Rewards: Drake Mount
Arcane:: Spell Break
Fire:: Dragon Fire, Ray of Flame, Nova, Firestorm
Allies: Eri Zivienne, Maerec LaCroix (Drop Thea)

Heroic: Defiant
Rewards: Elemental Drake Mount (Arcane)
Arcane:: Star Burst, Mana Burn, Mana Chain, Cosmos
Fire:: Flame Weapon, Dragoon

>Personality:
Abilson is a man who take great pride in being able to take part in the Battlemage legacy. He is thrilled to be around living legends and hopes to be part of the next generation of champions that will save the world. Fascinated by the magic of others, he is notoriously easily impressed by what his peers can do with their marks and magic and grudging appreciates even the powers of his foes. Though he tries to keep a stoic exterior, befitting the image he attributes to a hero, his excitement gets the better of him, often resulting in cheers and laughter. He is still confused why some people find "spontaneous telepathic chuckling" unnerving.

>ORIGIN
Damien "What Specialization" Argent
Human

>MARK
Vanguard
Strength Primary
Intellect Secondary
Endurance Teritary
Vitality Teritary
Mind Teritary

>ARMOR
-Full Plate Armor
Aegis Primal Etch

>WEAPON
-Charge Blade [Knight Sword, Kite Shield, Custom Great Axe Hybrid] (Axe Mode and Shield + Blade Mode)
Density Etch
Double Time Etch
Void Discharge Etch

>SPELLS
-Flame
Flame Unlock
Fireball [Intermediate]
Fire Disk [Expert]
Ray of Flame [Heroic]

-Frost
Frost Unlock
Cryo Shot [Intermediate]
Shatter [Expert]
Flash Freeze [Heroic]

-Lightning
Lightning Unlock
Bolt [Intermediate]
Warp [Heroic]
Smite [Heroic]

-Force
Force Unlock
Density [Novice]
Inertia [Expert]

-Arcane
Arcane Unlock
Void Discharge
Mana Burn [Expert]
Mana Chain [Heroic]
Cosmos [Heroic]
Overload [Heroic

-Time
Time Unlock
Double Time [Novice]

-Wind
Wind Unlock
Air Burst [Intermediate]
Wind Slash [Expert]
Thunder [Heroic]

>GUILD
Elementalist Guild

>Companions
Ada Godefray
Danilene Roland
Phisora Jaenith
Abigail Ni Sithigh
Karina Roslaug
Tilly Rohesia [Novice]
Hendry Betram [Novice]
Robyn Zhao [Novice]
Gilberd Charlys [Intermediate]
Mirielda Bardol [Intermediate]
Juliana Angaret [Intermediate]
Joses Remondin [Intermediate]
Josephine Balton [Intermediate]
Liliana [Intermediate]
Karla Bolayne [Expert]
Alarik Venalainen [Expert]
Irene Boceuse [Expert]
Wyomind Pihere [Expert]
Holace Brgan [Expert]
Lucienne Godfrey [Expert]
Cain Cunningham [Expert]
Kazue Agasa [Expert]

>QUESTS
-Novice
City Guard [Horse Mounts]
-Intermediate
Excellence [Tyrant Mounts]
-Expert
Fort Defense [Drake Mounts]
-Heroic
Annihilate [Mana Glass]

Actually no wait. You messed up and gave Abby Holance's fixes.

Donovan...missed the day his class went over the concept of 'specialization', and in his error he spent most of his time studying all forms of elements. As a result, when he graduated he had next to no magic of his own, though his custom weapon was fearsome. Luckily, to help offset this, Donovan was easily one of the most popular students in his graduating class which meant that many, many of them were eager to join up with him. He was assigned to the City Guard initially so that he could focus on his magic, though he was sidetracked by Etches during this time. He was thrown into the Battlemage Tournament after his tour with the guard, in order to see how other Battlemages fight. Luckily, this seemed to knock some sense into him, though he still studied multiple elements instead of specializing to the dismay of his teachers. His increasingly large group was noticed, however, and Donovan was picked to defend an important Fort from assault, learning much more magic during his time from his companions and attractive even more Battlemages to his side. While unorthodox, the other Battlemages admitted that Donovan's methods worked, and sent him to fell a Titan with his motley crew of friends. After a grueling battle he further enhanced his knowledge of all the Elemental schools, proving that one does not need to specialize in order to be a Battlemage.

Yeah, because Remove was the wrong choice.

Basically I noticed many of the trees had a single branch dedicated to damage, and I wondered why we limited ourselves to two or three. Donovan is the result of me trying a "let's take all the elemental damaging spells" and "let's take all the cost 1 companions."

I'm fairly happy with the result.

So apparently in trying to fix Holace, I gave Abby his stats. Both have been fixed now.

Thank you for pointing it out.

They won by a large margin when I made the change.

strawpoll.me/12049163/r
And it appears that they've since tied, but I don't particularly care about cuck-user's complaints anymore.

So that means in this setting angels are allowed to cheat? Do they have any behavioral standards at all?

I don't understand the rewards system. Do we just get the blood and mana crystals or pick one of the mounts? or pick a type of crystal and a mount? pls explain

>

We get all the Crystals of both types, and then one of the mount choices. Except for the last reward set, in which case we can get one of the mounts, 2 extra mana glass, or an extra etch slot.

You get all of the coins and pick one of the mounts.

It's a legitimate question. When some basic aspects of morality are irrelevant to 'moral' beings, you have to wonder what morals they DO care about.

>Implying that because they are your companions they are instantly romanceable.

So, what if they're chosen as companions, and they spurn the advances of the Battlemage specifically because they have the MC of Archangel roommate. Or does companion HAVE to equal Waifu?

SDA-chan, SDA-chan~~~

Do you like my Elementalist

Maybe they're not the same characters that you think are cucking you.

>does companion HAVE to equal Waifu?
If something can be theoretically waifued, it will be and has.

>Not the same character
>Same picture
>Same personality
>Won't talk about where they're from because they're obviously from hell/heaven.

All companions are waifus. That guy with like 20 fucking companions is going to die from snu-snu.

I like it, user.

I hereby cast the Curse of Autism on you, user. Your points are, from here on out, autistic, as they always have been. It also auto-lubes up your asshole.

Remember SDA's policy: everything that isn't on the CYOA is simultaneously not true and true at the same time. Autism will filter itself out.

Feliria and Azreal ARE on the CYOA though.

Really?

> Name: Johnson "What the Fuck Did You Just Cast" Girthquake.
> Human Vanguard: Strength, Intellect, Mind, Vitality, and Endurance.
> Aegis armor.
> Two staves.
> Shadow unlock, Dark Shards, Paranoia Poison, Dark Shard Storm, Force unlock, Inertia, Sand Storm, Quake.
> Flame Unlock, Frost Unlock, and Nature Unlock.
> Mend, Lightning Unlock, Undead Unlock, and Summon Undead.
> Divine Unlock, Mending Sparks, Arcane Unlock, and Time Unlock.
> Wind Unlock.
> Knights of Dust.
> Cain Cunningham.
> Hindrance.
> Excellence.
> Fort Defense.
> annihilate.

“They said it couldn’t be done! Combining spells so radically different! Dark Shard Storm and Quake! Well you know what I say now!? IT’S RAINING EARTHQUAKES! Can you even VISUALIZE something like that? NEITHER CAN I! I can’t and I’m the one doing it! She was right! Wasting my time, searching all the schools for something that could heal… that. It was all a waste! HAH! It was a waste, but her thesis was right! This combination was possible! All those wild dreams, justified! I was right to chase her ‘wild’ ideas, and I know she’d be so happy to see it n-now…”

Yep. They're right there.

Why did you replace all the etch pictures with generic looking patterns? Seems rather pointless.

>Why do the etches look like etches? Seems rather pointless.

user, show me. I can't find them.

They're supposed to be etches. Like actual etches. I intended this from the very beginning, ala the first version of Weapon Forge.

He probably feels that an illustrative picture of the effect is superior.

They look like actual enchantment runes you would etch into something now.

May as well make the spells look like gestures because that's how they are used.

SDA pls. You know you put in the cheating angel/demons that call into question any distinction between heaven and hell.

So is the only requirement for the Constructs a humanoid form? Does this mean they can have more than the usual amount of limbs?

That's racist. They're stroc and khif, not mythological creatures.

Sure, find the art for me.

>Flash Freeze stayed nerfed

Mostly I'm just laughing it's the Angel of Patience again. People railed against her in the first version of Archangel Roommate. Now they have another reason to bitch about her.

They're pretending to be, as is revealed in how they won't say where they're from.

It solidifies her as worst girl, doesn't it?

It's good you are having fun, but that sounds pretty stupid.

Still not sure how you're supposed to make some kind of punching gauntlets from this.

>Flash Freeze nerfed
>instantly freezes anything in a huge area
>Shatter (the prereq) makes all your ice explode violently

If you can't see the spell synergy then you are hopeless.

What if I want to have a custom musket?

It doesn't say that, user. I don't get where you're getting this from.

The idiocy of the concept is the entire reason for it.

"Raining earthquakes" is literally too bizarre not to make a build for once you've thought of it, and the rest is just to fill it out.

That's getting an add-on.

As are magitech instruments in its own CYOA.

>that feel when you always pick the first girl in every waifu CYOA

It did that before, and it also made your ice harder so that someone couldn't just easily smash it with their magic hammer.

Flash Freeze looks over powered as fuck.

Half finished a build. Really getting into the 'quests' bit.

>More coins.
I need to redo things.

Oh well. The only problem I saw was so inconsquential, I'm sure it can be left in until forever and a day.

Thanks for the ride.

>Khif
I don't see horns. The red head only has what appears to be crow feathers falling around her.

I'd waifu the angel and demon girls..

>It doesn't say that
Says right here they make up lies about their origins.

I'm sorry for your lots. Take this opportunity to choose a different demon/angel.

It's still strong. The only other T3s on the original Flash Freeze's level of power were Nocturne, Heaven's Fury, and Cosmos.

The first girl. As in the one that greets you.

4 others from different trees means that it's a pretty normal level of power.

The more stupid the ability, the more fun it is to imagine an enemies reaction.

>It did that before
No it didn't.

The entire point of the previous "Flash Freeze" was "oh look it makes your ice colder." Just assume your magical ice is cold as fuck already.

Have you ever tried hitting an ice berg with a hammer?

They're small horns.

They could be lying about anything, user. Doesn't say anything about race.

People like you wouldn't last in a relationship.

Oh, I thought you meant the first listed. Well, you are safe.

>They could be lying about anything
Like not being an angel and demon.

All I'm doing is pointing out how they're waifus in two CYOAs, which means they're cheating on somebody.

Are the horns in her vagina?

>safe

From what?

>>Have you ever tried hitting an ice berg with a hammer?
It's a magic hammer backed up by magic. Maybe even fire magic. Ice is pitiful comparatively.

SDA, don't let him get you mad. Though I do have some mixed feelings about those Roomate CYOAs he's still an idiot even if I don't want to see them again either.

Italics' fetish.

Apparently he got to SDA before he left.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Work it into the setting. Please. This is funny.

>double time
>slightly less

How slight? At 90% effectiveness?

>Like not being an angel and demon.
Or something else.
And your ice is magic ice.

I'm just fucking with him.

That's the sort of thing I like to see. The good kind of autism.

>It's a magic hammer backed up by magic. Maybe even fire magic.

Maybe normal ice is, but this is MAGIC ice. Why do you assume it is as frail as normal ice? Is it such a stretch to assume that spell trees are of at least close to equal effectiveness? I would assume ice created by magic would be significantly harder and more destructive than mundane ice.

Oh for god sake will you stop. They're not the same characters they just highly resemble them.

Fucking autism everywhere.

The great thing is that it already works in the setting.

> Man loses his daughter to the Detritus.
> Becomes the angriest Battlemage that ever existed.
> ???
> Everything's on fire.

It works perfectly.

>Or something else.
Like where they come from and their relationship status.

Don't you see user? Hammers get to be backed up by magic but ice is always normal ice and never magic ice. Obviously!

Nothing indicates that your ice is harder than normal. So there's no reason to assume it is.

If there was an Earth school you'd be 100% irrelevant.

Okay dude you need a break from Veeky Forums. You're starting to tilt I can see it.

It happens to me too even though I don't like to admit it. Just don't let them get to you.