Guys, I just had the most amazing idea ever

Guys, I just had the most amazing idea ever.

What if we use the Alice in Wonderland setting EXCEPT we make it really grim and adult?

Other urls found in this thread:

dorkly.com/post/55702/the-15-most-disturbing-pokedex-entries
youtube.com/watch?v=-7neGRLjA3I&ab_channel=Bombuchu
twitter.com/AnonBabble

(You)

What if we use the vampires EXCEPT we take the "monster" out of "seductive monster"?

What if we use WW2 EXCEPT the Nazis raise a bunch of zombies?

Zak Smith did that already, crossed it with Bram Stoker's Dracula, and called it A Red and Pleasant Land. It was utterly fantastic. Won some awards, too.
What have you ever done, OP, apart from shitposting on an Italian pasta shapes board?

Originally ''seductive'' wasn't in it at all.

Have you ever really thought about how FUCKED UP Pokemon is?

We can even add PROPHECIES. That'll make it way better!

>Pokemon are our friends
>And you make friends by beating their asses and forcing them to fight other people's friends

This is why I'm more of a Digimon guy.

Nah Nah Nah man, the Nazis are all vampires.

Except Hitler.

What if it turns that the chosen one is the bad guy? What a twist, right?

>guys the most amazing idea ever
>why don't we take [light hearted thing]
>and [make it real dark]

Yes.

dorkly.com/post/55702/the-15-most-disturbing-pokedex-entries

Of course. Hitler was a werewolf necromancer.

Because the chosen one...was chosen by Hitler!

Only thing better than coming up with sick ideas: realizing connections between your sick ideas.

What if we make a standard Fantasy universe EXCEPT flipped everything! Elves are evil, men are cowards, orcs are brave and noble, all knights are dishonourable and religion is completely bad!

It'll be both great AND totally original! And everyone will say 'cock' because it's a big boy word.

>And everyone will say 'cock' because it's a big boy word.
Fraking this. Also lol wouldn't it be cool if we made up a swear word like Frak.
Lol what if in this world hitler was the protagonist trying to STOP the nazi vampires but the world thought he was evil.

Then who's the leader of the Nazi Vampires? Winston Churchill???

Anne Frank

Shit that's clever.

That's how i made all of my friends.

They also need to stress 'cock' every time they say it, like you wouldn't have heard it if they didn't purposely draw it out.

What is "JAGS Wonderland?"
I'll take Potent Potables for $800

It's called "modernizing" it user

Something very specific is being referred to here, and I don't know what it is

Game of Thrones, mostly. Whenever it's said it reminds me of a kid trying out a swear word for the first time.

You're wrong: it's not just Game of Thrones that did this. OP, for example, is almost directly referencing either the Alice video games that are all spooky and creepy or the recent release of the second Tim Burton Alice and Wonderland movie. (Didn't know that one existed? Neither did the viewing public)

>Guys, I just had the most amazing idea ever.
>What if there's magic in this world, but it works just because you believe it works, and the specific incantation and stuff required to cast a spell don't actually matter at all!
>But you still need to practice magic to get better at it, so you... believe better? IDK it's magic it just works.

No wait, what if magic is GRIM and DARK and you need to make blood pacts with devils to use it and it always leaves you insane no matter if you use it for good or evil!

>What if we make a standard Fantasy universe EXCEPT flipped everything! Elves are evil, men are cowards, orcs are brave and noble, all knights are dishonourable and religion is completely bad!
But that's called reality.

you tipped that fedora so hard it caused earthquakes in singapore

Orcs and elves are reality?

Well, when's the last time you saw a cowardly orc or a good elf?

Make a third Alice game already, American McGee.

The ending of the second one was fucking amazing.

Also, possibly don't skip out on the boss battles this time.

>Allegory for rape/UTI's
>not seductive

Vampires/werewolves were the original /d/-tier fetish.

Guys, what if instead of the aliens being evil and the government protecting us, the ALIENS are good and the government is the evil!

Fuck you, fuck you because it's true. When will those fucks give me back my heroic/optimistic fantasy, just because it's not "Dark and edgy" doesn't mean it can't be good, not directed at kids, or cover "mature" subjects. Fuck ASOIF for convincing all the 20-somethings that in order for something to targeted at their demographic it has to be entirely about a shitty world where the optimistic and heroic routinely gets shit on and punished because "lol grow up, reality doesn't work that way, now watch this sex scene".

Vampire literature as we know it literally began with lesbian seductresses.

In the game I just play.

...and the aliens want our greater good!

But what is our greater good?

I don't care but they can fuck roight off

Off with your head!

Sauce? I am incompetent.

Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku, Arc 4.

Thanks. I knew I should read that to compare it to the anime.

Wonderland is run by a crazed dictator who demands decapitations and is infested with crazed loons, freaky logic, and jabberwocks.

Do you think pokemon is a reflection of American foreign policy or black culture?

I am able to understand what that means because of memes and weeaboos.

>Alice in Wonderland setting EXCEPT we make it really grim and adult?
>Now everyone in wonderland work 9-to-5 jobs or soul-crushing part-time jobs
>Offenders spend years on death row before queen can have them executed taking all the fun out of it
>Everyone is too bogged down with mundane shit to do anything whimsical
>Alice wants to get home to escape the all-consuming ennui of wonderland that makes Victorian England look wondrous in comparison

Woosh

>Dorkly

A GOD

B-but muh folktale zombies!

>Alice in Wonderland
>light hearted

Nice damage control,senpai.

>lamia
> seductres

... Well, I guess I know why Shounen anime is more popular.

This is already a real thing, the aliens are the government, dumbass.

Wow. What if the allies have jetpacks to compensate and focus mostly on burger stuff with soleme britbongs thrown in? Later we can bring soviets in as their own faction, with comissars etc.

>seductres

What is that? Some kind of pokemon?

So you're telling me that to break into fantasy writing I just have to write shounen anime and disguise it as western fantasy?

Sounds like a decent way to get started honestly.

>we can bring soviets in as their own faction

This always pisses me off.

Ever wanted to mix pokemon and the Lost Legion? Oh, wait, it's Codex Allera.

pretty sure he's referring to Carmilla.

Yeah, that's what Eragon was. Just don't have shit writing, because Eragon had shit writing.

How about how "adult" as an adjective in media really just means "pleasing 13 year old boys".

What if we grab cutesy magical girl series for little girls EXCEPT we make them really grim and adult?

And, along the line, we make them lesbians.

No, no, you can't conclusively make them lesbians. You have to imply lesbianism in order to string the viewers along as much as possible, then never deliver, even on the final episode.

GUYS GUYS, here me out... What if... The prince shows up to save the princess... AND IT TURNS OUT SHE DIDN'T NEED SAVING!
She saved herself!
And the real kicker? Wait for it. Wait for it.
The prince gets himself in some trouble, and you will never believe this... WHAT IF THE PRINCESS ENDS UP SAVING HIM?!
Holy shit!!!

Eragon was Star Wars/Campbellian Hero, tho

Personally I think the recent grimdark fantasy resurgence is not due to Game of Thrones so much as to a whole generation of young people graduating from the "Young Adult Fantasy" which is basically, as the user upthread suggested, Western Shonen anime, and wanting something "more adult" that contrasts to it. Like they're done with Harry Potter and Eragon and are trying to move away from that, but being young they overdo it.
The success of GoT is more a symptom than a cause, IMO - it was a case of right place, right time.

Okay, hear me out here guys.

Let's have a really cute looking thing...

And make it really evil and brutal.

Funny thing about adult grimndark Alice shit is that it's not only cheap as everyone would rightly think.
The point of Alice and The Looking Glass is that they're the rarest of beasts: not a children book so good that adults read it eagerly as well, but a book that, when read as an adult, make you go back to when you were a kid.

I honestly think it's some kind of a miracle in the history of literature, and making those books "adult" is pretty horryfing.

To be totally fair shit was grimndark long before Madoka, at least to an extent. It wasn't really that original, it was (arguabaly) very solid in its execution.
The real subversive mahou shoujo series of the last ten years is Panty & Stocking. Not necessarily in a good way (though I think it's only fitting that something otakus didn't accept was the last thing by Gainax in which "Gainax" meant something recognizable).

Depends on the period you take as the "first vampires" in folklore. Lamia (the original greek one) was very plenty seductive already, and the semitic myths very possibly even more sexual.

The slavic folklore actually didn't put much that much emphasis on the thing, but certainly the great codifiers in european literature (LeFanu, Polidori, Stoker) bonded "sex", "toxic relationships" and "vampirism" probably for the rest of the history of mankind.

>interstingly enough, one could point out that Twilight IS about a toxic relationship alright, but fans think the exact contrary

Kay, guys hear me out on this one, cause it's kinda fucked up but also cool.

What if our world isn't real and we're all like, programs, like in a simulation or something. Like we're not real. I mean, we are real, but we're just like seeing shit that's a program. You know, like the matrix and shit. And we can dodge bullets and fly and shit if we just focus hard enough, you know?

Let's have an entire race of small cute peaceful mascot critters that you'd have to be heartless to hate...
But if you pay attention to what they're actually doing and saying, they're the only merchants and bankers around, so they actually have a terrifying amount of power over nearly every other race!

Dresden Files? In that series, you basically make up all your own spells, you choose the incantation and everything, but none of those matter as long as you believe that you should be able to call fire because you say so

Pls new entry in Spare Time Cycle, Max Landis

What if we take Warhammer 40k

and make it about school cliques/gangs

and have them rumble set to catchy dance tunes

You'd have to make it really edgy, but that just might work.

>they actually have a terrifying amount of power over nearly every other race
There's nothing bad in this per se.

What if, like, he's frozen in there and that we're out here and that he's the sheriff and that we're frozen out here and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here.

What, have them acting like loan sharks, threatening to throw children onto the streets for missing one payment on their parents' debts? That sort of thing?

>Lamia
>seductress
>Not a baby eating demon that tore it's own eyes out to divine the future.

Fuck those gnomes. I literally cannot play that game anymore.

>LA′MIA (Lamia). In later times Lamiae were conceived as handsome ghostly women, who by voluptuous artifices attracted young men, in order to enjoy their fresh, youthful, and pure flesh and blood. They were thus in ancient times what the vampires are in modern legends. [p. 714] (Philostr. Vit. Apollon. iv. 25; Horat. de Art. Poet. 340; Isidor. Orig. viii. 11; Apulei. Met. i. p. 57; comp. Spanheim, ad Callim. Hymn. in Dian. 67.)

>voluptuous artifices
Stealing this for the ol' vocabulary.

>That picture
youtube.com/watch?v=-7neGRLjA3I&ab_channel=Bombuchu

But the Hardy Boys were always chasing down criminals and shit. I never read Nancy Drew but having the boys wind up in trouble with the law for a bit, especially if they were framed (as implied by "The Big Lie"), is fine for being on tone for them. You'd have to go Hannibal or something on them to make them too dark.

Fucking hell user, are your parents brother and sister or something?

>voluptuous artifices
so that's what they called them back then

Who are you, OP's butt buddy here to defend his stupid faggotry?

I'd prefer a 30k sitcom a la Friends/Seinfeld/Cheers tbqh, with the Primarchs as the protagonists

Let's make a generic fantasy setting, but call everything by different name! Dwarves are Telnam, Elves Yppih, they won't know up from down.

>white scars/lunar wolfs = yankis
>salamanders = ganguro
>Emperor Children = Lolita
>Thousand sons = otakus
Sign me in.

Jesus fella. That joke missed you by a mile huh.

>Emperor's Children not being queen bees

>gearheads
That would be Iron Hands.

Also we need to make this a thing. Imperial High School: Rivals
Loyalist being your regular American TV show High School cliques while traitors are regular Anime Japanese teen urban tribes.

>White Scars = Yankis
Not bosozoku? (Assuming they're still even a thing)