>Books: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
>Chummer 5: github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
>Issue tracker: github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/issues
>Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Dzoo-noo-qua?action=history
pastebin.com/PQHbHj4U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You mean this bit? I can't replicate the issue, seems to work fine.

shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Dzoo-noo-qua?action=history
>last edited: 15:22, August 11, 2010

No. See

We've gotta get this host secure, fucking technocritters ate half the OP.

I know it was deliberate

While I'm at it, what does Howling Shadows have to say?
>Until recently, dzoo-noo-qua were never reported as sapient, as the virus devolves their mental faculties.
>The dwarf variant of Strain 1 Infected, these twisted creatures only rarely display intelligence or sapience.
>etc.

Those damned mongrels! Still, nice to have an OP that isn't full of troll asses for once.
Special -> Reapply Improvements should fix it. There's an ordering issue between removing the old improvements and re-adding current ones that causes the problem.

Don't lie, I know you want it.

Given that I've seen a few pics of trolls that I would actually want to stick my dick in floating around /srg/, I have to say I'm moderately disappointed.

>Still, nice to have an OP that isn't full of troll asses for once.
Where da troll women at?

What's to stop me installing critter cyberware in people?

It says in the fluff that people's self-image and mental faculties are more advanced than any critter, and it's not upwards compatible. So no, you can't STIRRUP a dude.

But Dragonfall taught me otherwise.

As I said, it doesn't. It just stays gone.

What about the Orientation one?

Show me THAT character file then. Once you've made it, changed the priorities and noticed that assensing hasn't come back. On my dev build it's working fine.

Nevermind, guess it fixed it.

That's a cyberzombie. Quite a different set of affairs from start to finish.

So question, what does a crit glitch on a memory test do.

Also does anyone know if there's any book with info on the Dissonance ?

You either forgot something critically important, or misremembered it into something worse.

And in 5e, you've got Data Trails, unless the Technomancer book comes out with more. But that's not available now.

case in point

>So question, what does a crit glitch on a memory test do.
Did you forget to read the core book?

Mostly asking for what you'd think it would be. Crit Glitch are entirely situation dependant.

Maybe HE rolled the glitch

I'm making a smuggler rigger. Can a character just be good at driving or do they have to invest in drones to be a credit to team?

Drones, or basic combat skill. Unless you're gonna Dukes of Hazzard into the corp building.

Some riggers get away with only doing drones. A few get away with just a car. My recommendation is to have a tiny, cheap spydrone if nothing else in addition to your car.

How hard would it be to have a "hide on sheet" toggle in Chummer? Things like Qualities. If you want to hide an aspect of your character.

You mean like specific qualities or just qualities in general
Because the second already exists

How?

Rolling etiquette to make a post on Veeky Forums that won't get me ridiculed.

You're going to have a bunch of points in Pilot Ground Craft anyways. Rig your car with some Aztech Crawlers that have grenades taped to them (which you can launch from racks under the car) and some of those Citron Smoke Generators. You can have a James Bond car.

What I guess you want is to print your character without qualities/backstory/notes/etc., right?
After pressing on the print button a window should come up where you can see the preview of your sheet. On the blocks should be two parts on the bottom: page break and hide
Page break makes the current page stop after that block and everything following to start on a new page
Hide (or show, something in that sense) determines whether that block is printed

If you meant hiding one specific quality, then I can only offer you some good edding to make it unreadable

No worries, glad to hear it.
Depends on the character sheet implementation, but most of them have the ability to hide a given block of CSS at the bottom of the block.

If I cared more about the sheets I'd throw some time or money at getting an actual UX framework in place so there's consistency between the sheets, but I detest web dev so it's below even wiki documentation on my priority list.

Oh well. It was specific qualities. I suppose I can just delete the ones and print the sheet without saving the changes.

>filename
You know, I've been looking at that GMC Gryphon. You can upgrade that thing to have 10 speed and 7 handling (oh and it comes with acceleration 7 by default), and 36 armor. You're the fast thing in the skies, the most maneuverable too and you're so heavily armored that an anti-vehicle rocket just scratches your paint job if it's not a direct hit. I want one so bad, but I know no GM with any good sense is ever going to let me have one.

I bet the keebs did this.

It's a conspiracy, I tell you!

Hrm. What kinds of qualities are you trying to hide, anyway?

That's for me to know and you to never find out ;)

Not him, but I like to hide Big Regret for obvious reasons.

So how much nuyen and modification slots does it cost to install 3 orifices available for sexual pleasure into my robowaifu?

You glitched

>robowaifu
>essence

What the heck is this troll wearing for armor?

I have no idea how you even made that mistake.

I didn't say they needed to be made of flesh, they just need to FEEL like the real thing.

Stylish full body armor, no helmet.

Neither do I, honestly.

Connections-wise, what's a good level of Fixer to give to runners for free?

What I do at my table is that one person, usually the face, 'buys' the group Fixer. Everyone else gets that Fixer at X/1 for free, and are free to pick other contacts. It helps to create a more interesting web of contacts surrounding the runners when they have that extra freedom.

That's a good idea. Might borrow that for my own games.

Your rigger is going to want a staggering amount of Reaction (on top of his Control Rig), which means he's going to want Reaction Enhancers + Wired Reflexes.

That's already halfway to him being a street samurai.

During the run itself, he'll be a decent gunman. Then, during the escape, he fucking shines.

I've played a character like that before. It's great.

Well, that's what I mean. I'm thinking of cutting out the middle man (the Face) and just have a free Fixer that they all know so they can pick other contacts. My question is what level of Connections is appropriate. Assuming 'standard' runners, of course. Would 'Connections 5' be enough for them to have a finger in every pie in Seattle (Thus having them be able to assign all sorts of jobs to Runners), or should I play it more slowly, have the Fixer be relatively inexperienced (Connections 2-3) and gain cred alongside the Runners?

>Reaction
>not using Logic when Jumped In
Omae...

I like to do it the other way around and put a rating 1 control rig in my street sam

You don't use Logic for Pilot when Jumped In. You use Reaction for all Pilot skills.

Are you some kind of stupid?

I'd go for Control Rig 2 on someone who's supposed to be extra good at escape driving. That -2 to thresholds and +2 to limits is just super sexy. Your mileage may vary, of course.

I wouldn't suggest giving the fixer /completely/ free, but its your table.

A Fixer with connection 5 is better you plan on having them be a more distant character, who just gives jobs and business. A Fixer with connection 3 could be a friend, like in Dragonfall, and you work with them to improve their own web of contacts in Seattle.

God I love this piece of art. Its a shame the artist never did any more work for them outside that one book. Probably got shilled and now knows better.

Nope. Not when Jumped In. Just like Gunnery... Its all Logic.

>Nope. Not when Jumped In. Just like Gunnery... Its all Logic.
You're just completely wrong, is the thing. Pilot uses Reaction, regardless of whether you're Jumped In.

You're some kind of retard - or, more likely, your GM is some kind of retard, and you're using his ruling as if it was the actual rules.

Such a fucking waste. They finally had a cool-looking cover for once and then that was it.

What was it for?

Hard Targets.

Yeah, alright, that's basically the kind of answer I was looking for. I'm thinking it'd be neater to do it the latter way, but the former is also an option available. Thanks!

You could also go with a lesser Connection rating for free fixers, as they're willing to do less for the character. Or, you could go with 1 karma per 2 Connection points, up to their full value.

I was thinking about it, who the fuck owns Aztechnology? It has to have been revealed in some official adventure somewhere. It seems like a pretty big secret for me to never have thought of before.

The Cartels.

A lot of people.
They have publicly traded stock and thus they have a board of directors and a CEO.
Shall I publish a list for you?
They gave it once.

That's who founded AZ, but it's completely anonymous. Some individual or weird faction could have taken over, couldn't they?

Yes; the rich.
There's more to it then that, but still; if you have enough money you CAN buy shares of the Azzies.

I heard an offhand comment putting the big A under "corps owned by dragons", was that one of the conspiracies around the amazonian war?

A dragon is indeed rumored to own stock, but which one is currently unknown.
The Big D used to anonymously own stock before his death and apparently used it to curb the worst excesses of the company by locking up certain boardroom situations.

Of course it is, you don't even need confirmation on that, it's just the way the world is. Amazonia kicked out corps, and any corps that come will almost certainly have a dragons claw in their pie.

What does the average person think of Dunky and Loaf? I bet most people don't even know about Loaf, but probably love Dunky just because presidents get high approval ratings for eternity for being assassinated.

How do I make a character that isn't awakened hang with lightly cybered adepts?

Chrome yourself up to the goddamn gills or be as edgy as you possibly can.

Can you give me a quick number crunch? How chromed are we talking here?

Everything.
Wired reflexes+Reaction Enhancers or Synaptic Boosters for your initiative, because you -need- that initiative.
Cyberlimbs, or a lot of muscle toner and augmentation so you can hang with them physically.

Of course, this assumes you want to play a Sam.

There is 6 essence
Use it

Reaction Enhancers, Wired Reflexes, Muscle Toner and Augmentations, maybe a few armored hands and feet, and an Ares Alpha loaded with APDS.

I can do that with starting cash right?

Define 'Starting cash'. Resources A? Hell yeah.

Of course, chummer.
Magic is for bitches.

I've always found the best way to handle free fixers is not to let your players know their connection and loyalty and emphasise that they're people who know the right people. It gives you a handy lever for plot if you need something to happen a certain way.
There's around half a dozen known majority shareholders as of 2074, only some of whom are well known in other instances of the fluff. A single individual doesn't really hold enough wealth to take control of all of it at this point, short of Nanosecond Buyout shenanigans.
Bah, that's what the notes field is for. If your Regret is small enough that it fits in the extra field then it's not big enough.

And I'll be able to hang with an adept with some choice bioware?

The evil cult that runs aztechnology is potentially run by a dragon corrupted by one of the horrors

I think it's more like the cult HAS a dragon corrupted by the Horrors.

What are some good knowledge skills for a face?

What are some knowledge skills you've actually made use of in all the time you've played?

Bars/Clubs, Music, Sports, Politics, News

All of these things are subjects that a Face can talk about to quickly break the ice, slip into groups, and make friends (and enemies) as needed.

I'm gonna go with bars then. Alcohol is alcohol no matter your socioeconomic status.

Rate/Hate

pastebin.com/PQHbHj4U

Your character DISGUSTS me. I'd run with her.

and contract her to train my dog

Maybe/Probably.

I'd go for restricted Gear and Move-by-Wire 3 (+ Biowarecompatibility) + used Muscletoner 3.
This way, you at least have the advantage of being the FUCKING FAST guy with 3-4 INI passes.
Grabbing 4-6 Levels of Nephritic Screen + Narco + Drug Tolerant might also be viable. Being a juicer is one of those things that awakened Characters can't really do well.

What is going on with those skills?

Wanted to get a companion pupper. Also the weird thing with Throwing Weapons has been fixed.

Did you perhaps mean biocompatability (cyberware). Also used bioware? ew.

IF you're taking the tomahawk maybe invest in some blades? it's a decent melee weapon in it's own right.

What in the hell is up with advancement costs in SR5?
Like, you get around 5 or 6 Karma per run if it's a good run but the costs of raising everything is more then double that in nearly all cases and usually is over triple?

Who balanced this horseshit?

Like, if I'm reading this it seems like my players are going to be encouraged to get lots of skills at really low levels and never improve anything else at all after character creation.
That doesn't make any sense to me, so I must be reading this wrong, right?

Ignore that table at the end of character creation.
Like everything involving SR5 it is in rigorous need of editing and has nothing to do with the actual rules.

140 lbs? Sounds Thicc. I'd try to get a Pop-culture, or Academic interest in there to round out the personality