CONFESSION TIME: THE ABSOLUTE STATE

Hesitated? Made some really bad trades? Tried to ride the news? Listened to a Veeky Forums shill/troll instead of trusting your gut? Lost on borrowed money? Fess up. You'll feel better, I promise.

I would've had more gains/money right now if I had just been buying the coinbase trifecta from the start.

>Altcoins never again

But now the trifecta is too expensive. Altcoins are my only option I guess

Fear not, my child. When Coinbase adds the next alt, go all in, but do not forget to lock in your profits. Greed is a sin. You will be blessed.

I love mining it feels like a strategy game to me. I would have made probably 10x the gains just hodling BTC and don’t regret it at all.

I lost at least 5000 ltc on a drive due to carelessness.

I've been thinking of accumulating bitcoin gold which they announced they'd add in 2018. I think I'll buy it near the end of December

same and it feels so fucking bad. My alt gains felt amazing until I realized how meager they are compared to what I couldve earned holding fucking BTC. My last hope is predicting the next coin to land on normiebase (Money is on XMR or DASH) for a fat pump..

panic sold my alts near the top of bitcoins first pump to 19k. .27 btc to .14. most of them have doubled since then.

>Hesitated?
When XRP mooned last week, up to $ 0.45 cents, I ditched my bags.

>Made some really bad trades?
I re-bought the XRP I ditched at $ 0.466 cents and panicked. I didn't know what to do. So I held.

>Tried to ride the news?
Ha! You kidding, with Bitcoin, no way.

>Listened to a Veeky Forums shill/troll
Water off a ducks back, but sometimes they're, sortof, spot on before a PnD. They only really let on about the oncoming "pump", but the "dump".

>instead of trusting your gut? Lost on borrowed money?
No. Never trade what you cannot afford to lose.

>Fess up.
no comment.

>You'll feel better, I promise.
Yus. bump for karma.

Lost 15% of my total portfolio in the biggest bull run in the history of crypto on two really bad trades. It's interesting i've done the same mistake couple of times in the past and i'm still doing it again. Some people never learn i guess.

Began investing into BTC after it hit $9000. I put a hundred in a few months bad and played around with alts but it just sat there really.

BTC keeps going up put more in. Altogether put in around 1700 in fiat. At first it was just BTC and I got up to .097 BTC. Then I bought 2 LTC when they were at 100.

Wasn't screwing around with alts at this point because it didn't work for me last time. Money kind of grew still overall small amounts. Bought $750 BTC at 17k. Then I saw LTC go from 100 to 120 that morning, dumped all my BTC into LTC, had about 13.2

bought one more LTC at $167

At this point I had 14.2 LTC. Felt great, watched it moon when it went over 370. Was sitting comfortably at .22 BTC equivalent on Bittrex, had 3 more LTC in coinbase (still do, that has remained parked).

On bittrex I felt ecstatic and had almost 4,000 in my balance. then LTC went down so it was closer to 3400 or 3500. No biggie, still way up.

well....then I heard about potcoin and rodman on colbert. I thought for sure this would be a good pump, especially after LTC did so well after Charlie went on TV. So I used 1 litecoin, 300ish bucks at time, to buy Potcoin. Bought at .38 and sold at .34 because it dropped during the show instead of rising. Lost $30 bucks. No big deal.

Here's where I really fucked up. Saw ripple was rising pretty fast. Thought I could maybe go all in and make my gains and then some. Bought at .82, watched it go to .89 and was super happy, back on top. Then it fucking dropped, ended up selling at .72 cause I panicked. Lost a decent amount. Was in the 2,000s in my balance. Oh yeah, the main reason I went into ripple was because LTC was tanking and went down to 270, so when I sold it was lower than the high.

Ended up trying to trade to get it back, put some money, not all, into humanIQ during massive pump n dump. Bought in at .80, watched it go to 1.30, then it dumped fast and I sold it in the .70s.

All in all I was left with barely $2,000 worth

cont'd

Decided I can't just let it sit in bitcoin, gotta get back to .22 bitcoin. So I parked it all in THC coin because there's supposed to be some announcement tomorrow and it should spike, hopefully 100% and I can make back most of my losses.

But then I just sold it for BTC cause BTC is going up. Will hopefully buy back more THCcoin (I initially had like 20,000 THC, then because of HumanIQ fuckup I only had 15,000).

If it goes 100% I can make my money back, if it increases significantly at all I can at least be on my way.

currently I only have .107 BTC, barely up from .097 from initial investment. I feel so fucking dumb. I had done so well on Litecoin, and got greedy or whatever. I couldn't just hold, and it's fucked me over royally.

My only saving grace is I haven't lost money, I don't have lower than what I started with. And I'm not like some on this board that post about putting 10s of thousands into crypto and losing 20%.

Idk, I feel fucked right now. Not sure what to do, kind of want to just pull all out of it out and leave with my meager gains. At the same time, I know there is money to be made, and I know if I could just do things properly I could gain my money back and then some.

I just had to vent, this all happened in the course of a few days. I was doing so well earlier this week. I guess I"m just glad I didn't make like $50k then lose $45k of it, but damn it just fucking sucks

my gut never lies. when my intestine start to gurgle, that's the sign that some bad shit about to happen.

I was a hodler for about 3 months. Recently lost my job and thought about day trading for a change.

Lost 7000 Ripple (33%) of my portfolio selling at .00003 thinking a pump was done and buying @ .000058 thinking it would moon to $1.00 yesterday. Fuck me right?

Started to play things a lot safer and I've been able to daytrade back about 1500. pls no bully

>then I heard about potcoin and rodman on colbert
You should just hold btc moving forward. No more alts for you.

damn user I know that feel (sort of). I know what it's like to lose that much so fast

deetz on how you traded your way back up?

maybe I typed that wrong. I meant that I heard that he would be on colbert. All the hype shilling on here and other places. I thought, surely when 3 million normies see Rodman shilling potcoin, at least some of them will buy it and the news will push the price up, even if just a few cents. Instead the opposite happened.

After Ripple's announcement today news saturation hasn't completed. It still has the potential to hit $1, and get the psychological pump. Also, Ripple is a serious contented for listing on Coinbase. I'd advise holding at least some.

In the market for a month with a $7.5K investment.
Didn't like how CryptoKitties caused ETH to pull back, and LTC was pulling back too, and due to some reading I was doing, major cryptoskepticism, and fear of impending crackdowns, was setting in
Sold last Wednesday, for a total profit (after one month) of $2,300. So that was a nice little something.
Then LTC started its moon mission 36 hours later.
In all, my coins have gone on to score their new owners $8,000. In 9 days.

Whatever.

>I'm not like some on this board that post about putting 10s of thousands into crypto and losing 20%.

Same. You just know, some of the people on here have been royally just'd when they talk about a loss.

Some of them aren't lying.

I put 500 into crypto around September, doubled it by just holding, decided to put in 4k more. Then I did the thing where I was obsessively checking my balance every two seconds and worrying my brains out. First day after putting in the 4k I saw my first proper dip and short bear market and basically panic sold. Lost my gains and 500 besides. That portfolio would probably be worth 10k now (among other things I bought 1000 MIOTA for 500).

Next time I put just 1k in but I was still too obsessive about it (even though I could lose 1k or even the 5k and it wouldn't matter too much). Put it into shit that was pumping, gains came fast and hard, didn't sell the peak, then BTC goes apeshit, I buy some pajeetcoin that dumps, lose all my gains and then some. At least this time I didn't panic sell but put it into non-retarded coins until I broke even and then decided I'm too obsessive for crypto.

top kek

I bought litecoin when it was 210 euros but didn't sell at the peak. Instead I watched it float down hoping for another run up. Sold at 230.

Confido.
Took a month to work back what I lost.
Pls forgive me father.

Biggest mistakes so far:
> Lost 19ETH because the goddamn password to my private key didn't work and I got no way of recovering it
> Lost 1.5BTC because I chased a bad pump n dump shitcon

But aside from that, I'm still comfty as fuck. About 200% gainz from my investment of about $40K (which is after the above losses, so obviously my gainz could have been even higher)

reading all of these just reaffirms my commitment to hodl

>Idk, I feel fucked right now. Not sure what to do, kind of want to just pull all out of it out and leave with my meager gains. At the same time, I know there is money to be made, and I know if I could just do things properly I could gain my money back and then some.

It's simple.

Put into BTC. Hold for 5 years. You are now rich.

Day trading is not for you.

I mean, that'll work until it doesn't, and by the time it becomes apparent that it won't work it's too late.

day trading is definitely not for me, just wondering how much more room BTC has to grow. I like the idea of day trading and finding smaller coins because it seems like doubling your money could be much easier (or even 10xing). I'm going to stop because I'm bad at it, but I don't see Bitcoin doubling in price anytime soon like a shitcoin might

>I don't see Bitcoin doubling in price anytime soon like a shitcoin might
Betting on a shitcoin is like betting on a single number on roulette.

Yeah, you will see a big commotion when one pays off and lots of news, gut you don't see as much for the other 30 odd numbers that didn't come up.

Bitcoin will be double it's price this time next year. In 5 years it will be 10X.

You should try daytrading on Foreign Exchange, it's a whole lot easier. Crypto daytrading can be brutal.

With the USD pairs, (0800 GMT - 2100 GMT weekdays) it's a whole lot easier to catch the swing trades. The spreads are small, and the outlays cheap.

Practise.

O father, forgive me, I was BlackMooned hard, Gassed, Iconomed. Never again overadvertised ico's, never again buying shitcoins high. Pray for sinner I am, father.

Surely all crypto will be dead in the next 5 years

First trade i made was to buy Tierion at 21 cents.

>Made some really bad trades?
FOMOed ETH just before ATH, then stuck holding these heavy bags.

>Listened to a Veeky Forums shill/troll instead of trusting your gut?
XRP when it was 1 cent. Listened to Veeky Forums criticising it for being centralised. Fuck Veeky Forums.

That's not the point.

I never backed up my original wallets with ~280BTC, 400LTC, and 1000-2000ETH.

I restored my old laptop a week ago, and found a ton of the related files (for seeds, keys, wallet.dat, etc.) but they're so fucking corrupted I have very little chance of ever getting anything out of them.

>tfw crawling hex and base58 for hours on end to no avail
hodl me Veeky Forums

>invested 3k in august
>large part of it in OMG
>made nice gains
>failed to sell at the top
>sold my bags 3 weeks ago

>didn't buy ETH when it was shilled at $1
>didn't buy ARK when it was shilled at $0.50
>didn't buy Ants when it was shilled at $1
>didn't buy LTC when it was shilled at $9

I could go on and on and on.

>tfw portfolio now composed of SALT, LINK, IOTA, and ARK

One of biz's shitcoins has to pump next year, right?

>Ark at 0.5

dont FUCKING remind me

>had 2.6k ARK @ $0.43
>SODL to park my money in something more secure, used crypto as a 'savings' and forgot about investing for a large period of time
>started active trading again recently
>ARK to $4.8 the day I'm back

kill me

Spent 52btc on drugs over a few years before actually investing in any to hold. Only have 1.6btc now

Hey user, even if they're corrupted you can feel free to download a private key checker or some shit and use the raw data as inputs to the cracking parameters. So if there exists a string "93045890345546" in your "corrupted" data files it will brute force strings similar to that

I'm sure software like that exists, if it doesn't it needs to. Do NOT delete this data, you may be able to invest a lot of computing power and retrieve it even if you only have small portions of private keys. Don't worry user

holy shit, same.

>tfw calculated the transactions from my lost 280btc wallet
>was originally ~400
>120 spent on meth and steroids
whatever at least I'm jacked and happy in my poverty

There is something like that, BTCRecover iirc. I have yet to give it a proper try but I'm not hopeful. I can remember the passwords just fine, but if nothing can read the wallet that does jack shit for me sadly

If I had this much money on the line I would spend an entire year getting a degree in cryptography to prove to myself that it's unrecoverable.

>what is backtrading

never cease to amaze me that this meme lives on

Same user. Do not give up, this is worth spending half of your life on because it's a jackpot - most of us don't have this opportunity. That's $5m worth of BTC alone, even if you spent 10 years retrieving this it's an amazing yearly return

That being said this is probably a LARP so I will stop elaborating

nice semi-repeating digits

>degree in cryptography

Unfortunately I'm fairly good with it already (was one of the first to solve the stage prior to the current 'stuck' stage of the Cicada 3301 "riddle") but can't do a whole lot about deleted data (when it's as bad as it is) other than brute force it like said.

Only other options are A. figure out how to crack the bitcoin hash/encryption protocol(s) (gonna make a lot more than 280btc doing this shit) or B. Pray with the might of meme magic that the shadowbrokers release another NSA exploit containing their backdoor into SHA-256

oh how I wish you were right, user

trust me, not larping, just ready to sudoku

>there's about 200 more related files that could potentially have something
>all image files are corrupt
>anything else is inoperable
>text files are empty, contain unknown numbers that match no numeric wallet values for any currency (probably old PGP shit)
>original wallet dates back to 2011 but most recently updated in 2014 when I last had access

pls kill