SKYCOIN

Blockchain thats been in developement since the bitcoin early days, fixing literally all of the issues with bitcoin:
>web of trust algo that got rid of the miners and pos hoarding from network operation
>fixed double spending
>fixed signature malleability
>51% attack impossible
>secure deterministic wallets
>coinjoin protocol for privacy
>created their own networking protocols for consensus verification
>uses a lot less resources than bitcoin nodes
>soft coded blockchain size parameter for ez scaling
>provably hundreds of txs per seconds
>no tx fees
>timelocked distribution over a 14 year timeline

Coin itself is used for operating skywire, a new decentralized internet built from the ground up, designed to be in every way better than tcp/ip:
>got their own hardware infrastructure
>uses public keys instead of ip addresses
>all traffic encrypted by default
>man in the middle attacks impossible
>nodes forwarding traffic can only see the previous and next hop, not origin or destination
>latency superior to ipv4 because ISPs use hot potato routing and skywire doesnt
>speed superior because bandwidth aggregation is possible, using the unused bandwidth of your neighbours
>immune to all of ISP fuckery such as throttling, censorship, outages etc
>works as an overlay over the current internet as of now, but will be completely independant as soon as the network backhaul is in place
>incentivized for the first 14 years, you get paid for running a node and transferring packets for the network
>it will be faster and pretty much free, no way current ISPs can compete

All of this already works, it's a massive project with like 80 developers, check their github.
Why the fuck aren't you all over this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BuY5IbkkbXg
blog.skycoin.net/statement/skycoin-distribution-plan/
coinx.co.kr/)
substratum.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

finally, a coin that solves the 'rich dev dumping on my ass' problem

And how exactly will it fix the problem?

Since I didn't get an answer in the previous thread from the user who was acting like a skycoin dev

>Could you shed some light on how the nodes are incentivized to do validation? I understand they're supposed to take part in consensus trials as block-makers, but what's there to motivate nodes to do it?
>Another question I've had - do you understand how huge the scope of the project is? It seems a bit ambitious not that it's a bad thing (considering it's been in development for so long and the wallet for example seems ready), but you gotta maintain some limits before starting to do everything at once?

Why would any dev dump their coin? The objective should be to pump it, then exit without crashing the price, shouldn't it?

I'm out of alts for the btc rush. Once it peaks, I will drop a few in Sky. Definitely some potential.

>Could you shed some light on how the nodes are incentivized to do validation? I understand they're supposed to take part in consensus trials as block-makers, but what's there to motivate nodes to do it?
I'm not one of the devs, but here's what one of them posted on telegram a while ago:
"It cost $5 per year or something like that to run on a consensus node or a block minting node. Generally, only the most trusted nodes in the consensus network should be involved in minting at all.

They do not really need to be paid to do this. They do need to be trusted and need to be not stupid (be able to run command line, reinstall software, keep ethernet cable plugged in, etc)

I think we could give them a tip or something of a few thousand dollars a year, but the function is mostly automatic. Its something they will be doing anyways. They do not need to be paid out of block rewards or transaction fees because its just an overhead cost.

We want the interests of the consensus network and minters (block creators) to be aligned with the interests of the skycoin community. Where as in Bitcoin/Ethereum the miners hold the userbase hostage and basicly extort transaction fees from them (even intentionally causing congestion to get more fees)."

>Another question I've had - do you understand how huge the scope of the project is? It seems a bit ambitious not that it's a bad thing (considering it's been in development for so long and the wallet for example seems ready), but you gotta maintain some limits before starting to do everything at once?
It's the most ambitious project i've ever seen, and the most ridiculous thing is that they're actually pulling this off. And nobody knows about this, because they're autists with no idea what marketing is.

Thanks for the answer! So, if I understand correctly, they just are setting it up so that a relatively small number of validators can support many users? Sounds good, and it's clear that they've given it thought.

Yep, it really does seem like it's moving steadily, pretty amazing

You guys should check out the interview they did recently, talks about bitcoin early history, it's pretty fascinating.
youtube.com/watch?v=BuY5IbkkbXg

yup, there's also some sort of coded countermeasures in place for when a trusted node turns malicious. Their whitepaper are extremely complex, but maybe you'll be able to infer more from them. Or just ask the devs on telegram.

Btc rush more like btc dump kek sell low buy hight

I read the whitepaper somewhat fully, those are the questions that I didn't find answers for. I should join their telegram but I'm not sure if I'll ever get around to do it. Don't wanna join non-anonymously and I already have a telegram account

Well anyway, thumbs up for the project. I'll be keeping a close eye on it.

Why the dev seems possessed by a demon each time he laughs ? It makes me quite concerned about him...

just excited haha ;)

quality thread

It's an ancient technique of fighting of the jew magik

This is destined to moon soon.

Synth's laugh is contagious
(if you own some SKY yourself lol)

Kitty Cash (Crypto Kitty Cash, kcash) soon.

Skywire is actually Skynet

Also Skycoin confirmed to be traded on Next.Exchange in January (fiat pairs for everything, son. Damn!)

The devs also gave pajeets some skycoins for memes, and that's causing this
But any marketing at this point is good marketing, even if they shit up Veeky Forums a bit.

Circulating supply 6 mil
Total supply 25 mil
Max supply 100 mil
Price $13

Sorry but unless you're very new to crypto those numbers should scare the shit out of you.

>Sorry but unless you can be arsed to read up on the distribution plan those numbers should scare the shit out of you.

ftfy

blog.skycoin.net/statement/skycoin-distribution-plan/

The Skycoin distribution is timelocked. This means that, of the undistributed Skycoin, 25% are immediately distributable. The remainder cannot be distributed until the first 25% have been distributed. Once the first 25% have been distributed, an additional 5% is unlocked for distribution. For each subsequent year thereafter, an additional 5% is unlocked for distribution. This gives Skycoin a 14 year distribution timeline, after the first 25% is distributed.

44:30
This goy knows

I looked at the Cryptopia chart and it seems this coin is ridiculously stable despite BTC's moons/crashes. What makes you think this coin will have its own moon mission, or even steady growth? Not trolling, considering buying a couple, just curious.

fundamentals, not speculation

Poo in loo

Whats up with the ARK logo in the top right?

No app to buy with???fuckkkkk

Anyone with a human brain skeptical?

its on cryptopia and otc.skycoin.net
heard theyre in talks with other exchanges, but no solid info yet

Next.Exchange confirmed.
Partnership with Linkercoin.(coinx.co.kr/)

hah, skycoin, hah, more like skycuck haha buy VIA btw thanks

This things life line has been flat for a month. Check out substratum.net/ and the y have a beta form to get in and start getting paid to host the real decentralized web.

Better tech. REAL team of programmers with a vision and solution.

This is getting listed on next.exchange btw

Untill bots start spamming earning tons of coins.

lmao that's ridiculous
they don't even have a github

if they manage to pull this off I will take my words back, but so far they're running on marketing alone

also they're an erc20 token for fucks sake

what happens when an ico or cryptokitties cause a congestion on the network? You lose your internet? Fuck outta here

nice so every year the price will go down.

guess ill wait a few years and buy at a more reasonable price

Yeah with the marketcap of crypto going all up all the time and this coin just hitting top 100 on cmc. Absolutely no room for growth sure. Gee I wonder why they hit the otc limit every day at this price and consider to higher the price because of the demand.

That's the cool thing about Skyledger every project gets their own blockchain and they won't interfere with one another.
Also check out solarbankers the first project using Skyledger.

>top 10 coin
>oh wow it's in haskell
>0 users
>multi-billion market cap

kek he's talking about cardano
hahaha

should i sell?