Warhammer Fantasy General

Warhammer Fantasy General: It's not rape if it's an elf Edition.
>Previous Thread
Kindly no End Times or Age of Sigmar. It's not the same universe. Please go shill/troll elsewhere.

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Bretonnia range reborn!
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

>Fimir range reborn!
krakongames.com/product-category/miniatures/fomorian/

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
pastebin.com/0e6RuQux

>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Warhammer Online: Return of Reckoning (Alpha)
returnofreckoning.com/

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!EU1GVBJC!av8u7FgGUA_nz99_lt1mRQ
youtube.com/watch?v=QOfC1PEKt1U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Great start, awesome meme.

Also, this was posted last thread:
mega.nz/#F!EU1GVBJC!av8u7FgGUA_nz99_lt1mRQ

It's a collection of semi-official and homebrew. The idea was to add it to a new pastebin and add it to the OP:s copypasta, but I forgot.

Who would the forces of the 'good guy' factions worship if they went evil or renegade, but didn't fall to Chaos?

For the High Elves, it's easy - they could just go like the Dark Elves and worship the darker side of their pantheon more.

The dwarves might be unlikely, but they might continue a variation of ancestor worship, or fall in with Hashut?

The Empire has a number of gods - perhaps they could worship dubiously neutral gods like Manann or Ranald.

Bretonnia might do something similar, but disgraced knights probably wouldn't want to worship deities peasants followed, so it gets a little tricky.

Are all the nobles of Bretonnia really Knights? The WFRP2 book on Bretonnia seems to suggest that, but I just find that very hard to believe.

You don't really have to change your believes just because you become a jackass.

>Kindly no End Times
>It's not the same universe.
>kindly no str wars prequels
>its not the same universe
Nice head canon you got there m8

Yes. Nobility is a thing of blood, but any titles or land ownership requires military service, and even rumors of ducking out of it are problematic for any noble. It also helps prove that you can defend your land, as a Knight of the Realm is required to.

Technically Knights-Errant could fufiil their Erranty Quest in ways other than military service, but it has to be a little extraordinary, is not common, and probably involves fighting anyway.

If those Imperials are actively opposed to the Empire and everything it stood for, they might.

wud u a druchii?

I like my cock attached to my body.

No.

According to the 2e WFRP book of salvation, some non-chaos outlawed cults in the Empire are:

Khaine, who apparently has a separate hidden human cult.

Ahalt the Drinker, and ancient deity of the hunt who turned all evil huntmaster as he sulked over his cult's fall with the rise of the current deities of the Empire.

Solden, the god of Tyranny and Oppression.

Stromfels, god of the dangers of the sea, who demands sacrifices and whose followers try to wreck ships and such.

and Vylmar, a completely unrelated cult of drinking and debauchery that got near wiped out by Sigmarites who were convinced it was a front for Slaanesh. Though apparently Slaaneshi cultists do masquerade as Vylmar cultists a fair bit to lure people in.

>Stromfels, god of the dangers of the sea, who demands sacrifices and whose followers try to wreck ships and such.
god that's fucking retarded
god of the dangers of the sea whose disciples ARE the actual danger

fantasy fiction bad guys

doing retarded shit since ever because WE'RE BAD LOL

They sacrifice others to protect themselves. Others are just psychos.

Solden's worse, every cult meeting for a cell involves humiliating, beating, and using one of the members as an object for the cult's pleasure, in acts which often end in said member's death.

Yet despite having a turnover of one dead cultist per group per meeting, they still manage to operate secretly throughout the Empire.

Whish me luck guys, I'm gonna try hitting on that Dark Elf babe.

She isn't real

>cult members are psychos

end this meme

Certainly.

Delete this.

Wew

>god of the dangers of the sea whose disciples ARE the actual danger
>doing retarded shit since ever because WE'RE BAD LOL

It's not really like that. People that worship Stromfels is basically hoping not to get thrashed by his wrath, and sacrifice others to appease him. Other, more fanatical believers attempt to carry out his will, as to serve him and gains his favour, no different from, for example, servants of Khaine. In the same way Khaine attracts (human) murderers and assassins, Stromfels attract pirates and coastal mercenaries.

It's not that weird, really, and it's not "We're bad, lol".

Yeah, the Solden thing about the whole thing "most often" being fatal is insane. There's no way you could maintain such a cult. Either you meet once a year, in which case such a system would be terrible for tying people to the cult, or you meet fairly often and can only exist in lolhueg cities (of which there are very few).

A better interpretation would be if it was the servant or a slave of one of the members, or if it simply wasn't fatal. Could attract a lot of sociopaths and sado-masochists and shit.

>If those Imperials are actively opposed to the Empire and everything it stood for, they might.
Not everyone is a believer.

I seem to recall that Nagash also used to have cults.

small time Vampires surely have their igors to do things during the day, but else undead don't really need cults.

Just ordered the Kairic Acolytes book for AoS. Feels fucking good man to be getting new stuff rather than hanging around a dead game.

He totally had cults, though.

The most powerful undead to ever exist will have people sucking up to him even if he isn't a god.

They don't need them, but with the exception of Blood Dragons and Necharchs, they seem to usually want them.

There's a Nagash cult in The Thousand Thrones, I believe.

What do Strigoi need cults for?

Strigoi has their Strigani looking out for them.

Perhaps:
>1-18 Wounds = 1 Wound
>19-27 Wounds = 2 Wounds
>28-36 Wounds = 3 Wounds
>37-45 Wounds = 4 Wounds
and so on and so forth. Alongside this, I would double the number of maximum additional wounds the Advanced Careers can gain. With this method, it's impossible for any basic career to ever get about 1 Wound on the tabletop and Advanced Careers can eventually reach 3 wounds on the tabletop. The only issue is that some special characters such as Archaon and Malekith have 4 wounds which is unreachable under my system. Any other advice?

Multiple reasons. The strigany are well-known for worshiping strigoi vampires, and their river boats and caravans are often used to move their masters in secret or in ways that would not be possible. They also serve as a rare source of voluntary, fresh blood, and can always procure involuntaries.

The strigoi - some, not all - are preoccupied with retaking their kingdom, which means they often desire followers to work their will in the Border Princes and Badlands.

Plus, they're egotistical. Many remember the glory of Strigos and crave the glory and adoration of that time.

Just because the undead doesn't need cult doesn't mean that they don't have them. People will worship a slice of toast in the real world. Why wouldn't they worship a magical creature in a fantasy world?

Vampires at the high end are also the closest most people can hope to get to living gods, with the added bonus that they can - maybe - lift you up. It's no surprise they find adoring worshipers.

Maybe next to a demon prince, though I admit if we compare the process to become a demon prince to the get bitten by another vampire, I'd say second choice is far more compelling.

her boobs :c

Hey, switched to kow after end times and age of nigmar, had some decent fun with those homebrewed "automan empire" rules some guy started and abandoned halfway through. Is there anything like that in Endhammer beyond Gelt's Sigmarines? Any army that I can play to put to use my excessively large stash of mageknight golems and such? (assuming proper basing)

Let's take off our pants

No.

>skulls aren't spurdos
meh

A rebel against Malekith? Sure.

Perhaps:
>1-18 Wounds = 1 Wound
>19-27 Wounds = 2 Wounds
>28-36 Wounds = 3 Wounds
>37-45 Wounds = 4 Wounds
and so on and so forth. Alongside this, I would double the number of maximum additional wounds the Advanced Careers can gain. With this method, it's impossible for any basic career to ever get about 1 Wound on the tabletop and Advanced Careers can eventually reach 3 wounds on the tabletop. The only issue is that some special characters such as Archaon and Malekith have 4 wounds which is unreachable under my system. Any other advice?

What is this new meme?

I don't think you should change how many wounds you can buy in advanced careers, if that's what you're asking. This decreases lethality, disincentivizes going into other basic careers, and seriously inflates time spent in any one advanced career. Plus you'd have to rebalance a ton of creatures, and have absurdly durable pencil-pusher advanced careers.

Dwarf females are only 1 in 3, right? Would them appearing as a Miner or a Ranger even be possible?

What skin colors do Dwarfs have? Are they black? Do they have non-human skun colors like Warcraft Dwarfs?

Females probably don't go out with expeditionary forces unless they got into position of command. Dwarves are greedy and won't waste them on grunt work.

On the other hand if say some dwarven settlement was razed while dwarfs retreated you get a lot of armed civilians that will be their own army until they get to another settlement. So you will have a mix of males and females in army for that amount of time.

They are attempting to convert from WFRP to Warhammer.

I think they are retarded.

I've got a collection of minis that I'm looking to slip into my army, hence me asking.
So a frontier, settlers, or a Hold on its last legs would have females?

How about ethnicities? Is there only one kind of Dwarf? Did Warcraft steal Dark Irons from Warhammer?

>How about ethnicities? Is there only one kind of Dwarf? Did Warcraft steal Dark Irons from Warhammer?

I've not see the Warcraft ones. They look like Drow Dwarfs.

Warhammer has mostly white Dwarfs, though you could paint Chaos Dwarfs a darker more middle eastern colour

Miner and Ranger careers are hugely lethal. A female dwarf would be STRONGLY discouraged from entering either, and it would probably humiliate her clan mates if she did anyway (men ought to be doing it, not her). That said, female dwarfs are absolutely their own masters and no one can say 'you're not allowed.' My expectation is that it would be rare, since she might be shunned and would probably feel shame over shirking her 'real' duty to follow a passion. Remember, dwarfs are a very duty-driven people.

I have no fluff reason to back this up, but my gut instinct is that there are prolly more female Rangers than miner. Ranger is a more exciting career where brawn matters less, and which requires less cooperation from other dwarfs beyond the superficial.

I actually have an NPC in my game, a Slayer named Brokk Back-Breaker, whose mother ran away to become a ranger, and because she was in love. Very unusual, and the stigma followed Brokk.

way ahead of ya

So, the general is dead.

Well there are mountain dwarfs, city dwarf which are basically mountain dwarfs but not as connected to their routes, norse dwarves and Chaos dwarfes.
At least the name Dark Iron does not sound familiar. The most common special dwarven metal is called gromrill.
Female dwarves are usually not seen in open field for they are similar to Skaven very rare.

Well, maybe people from the general go out to play Warhammer on the weekends instead of sulking about how they can't play Warhammer?

A shame witch hunter were so weak in Mordheim.
The minis really looked cool.

There exist the more generic Old World dwarfs that you know and love, as well as tusked chaos dwarfs. Dwarf traders and diplomats also often live in Imperial cities, and could be reasonably expected to have different apparel and appearances due to this. I don't recall lore having any examples of female Dwarfs in the army, but I suppose it wouldn't be impossible to justify.

AoS is dead!

>New Tzeentch codex sells out in the first hour.

Any minute now...

They get fairly tan. Pic related.
But not subsaharan African black or Drow black.

That said, they did apparently come from the south originally, and there are or were some holds in the southlands.

Not to sound too much in denial, but that really depends on the size of the print run.

It doesn't matter to me. WHFB is dead and the world has to go on without it. The same thing will happen to AoS one day and the people who loved AoS will be mourning as well.

I made a thing.

The Weapons of War section isn't complete yet might be worth mentioning.

Damn, that's some considerable work. Plenty to chew on.

I'll put it in the archive.

Thanks user, it was one of my christmas projects (Alongside the last of my Bretonnia minis and learning C).

I had the idea of adding Massed Combat to the Araby book I'm working on, but thought i'd make a small sub-supplement to go with it.

I don't think I need to say that it mutated slightly.

Dark Iron Dwarves. Worship Ragnaros, the fire elemental god.

After players kill Ragnaros twice and a he princess of player Dwarves marries their king and gives birth to the prince of both they go from evil to allies.

Anyone here ever used Renegade Crowns to generate a border principality? How'd it work out?

>The dwarves might be unlikely, but they might continue a variation of ancestor worship, or fall in with Hashut?
Hashut is a minor chaos god. He's a Bloodthirster that went into magic. Khorne wasn't too pleased.

>The Empire has a number of gods - perhaps they could worship dubiously neutral gods like Manann or Ranald.
Or Ulric and Taal. Those two are pretty much neutral without being dicks.

What about post-menopausal Dwarfs? Like as a young maiden she dutifully was there bringing water to father, husband, and sons, and now that she's the old lady she's pulling her own weight and grumbling about her daughter-in-law.

I've got an older female miner Dwarf mini that I really love, you see.

So all Dwarfs are basically the same ethnic group? Damn. I love the look of throwing one or two black dudes into a unit of troops, it really breaks up the sameness.

>So all Dwarfs are basically the same ethnic group?
Pretty much.
Hell, Games Workshop so refuses to talk about women, civilians, civilian life, or any fluff OUTSIDE battles and shit that AoS seems like an MMO where the social infrastructure of the world is literally nonexistent except where it facilitates more
My guess is if they could somehow do away with ethnicity entirely and make everyone a uniform grey they would, because ethnicity isn't stabbing someone in the face and therefore not important to the asshats there.

Damn shame we never got a proper dwarf or elf book in WFRP 2e. I'd really like to try running a campaign about dwarves seeking out and reclaiming a lost hold for my group, but there's so little cultural or societal stuff to draw from.

There's one from 1e that still works great.

Oh cool, I never really looked into 1e's books all that much, I'll have to track that down. Thanks user.

Nobles are automatically knights, but that doesn't mean they behave like knights, though most at least pretend to in their youth.

Not all have training enough to be any more effective than any thug, though.

>Did Warcraft steal Dark Irons from Warhammer?
Chaos Dwarfs came long, long before WoW was ever conceived, though.

But yeah, there's different ethnicities. There's Norscan Dwarfs (which are practically unheard of), there's Mountain Dwarfs (which makes up the overwhelmingly vast majority of fluff dwarfs, because they have the most contact with the Empire and would probably be considered the biggest faction), and there's Chaos Dwarfs (who, for unknown reasons, came into conflict with the other Mountain Dwarfs and eventually fell to Chaos).

There's also Expat Dwarfs, but they're not really their own ethnicity. They're just (mountain) dwarfs that for some reason or another (such as the Hold being destroyed) have left the holds and become settled elsewhere, mostly in human lands, and (probably) mostly in the Empire.

>What about post-menopausal Dwarfs? Like as a young maiden she dutifully was there bringing water to father, husband, and sons, and now that she's the old lady she's pulling her own weight and grumbling about her daughter-in-law.
>I've got an older female miner Dwarf mini that I really love, you see.

More likely, I think, though no idea if dwarf women have menopause. I imagine even sterile dwarfen women are expected to fill domestic roles, but these are probably more easily and less shamefully laid aside.

>female dwarfs are absolutely their own masters
I was under the impression that they were absolutely under the authority of their father or husband, that they command a great deal of respect, but that dwarf society has very stringent social codes.

Should she not follow what the father or husband says, it will likely shame the entire family, possibly the entire clan, and they may even be held legally accountable for her actions.

Would it look too out of place to vary the skintones a bit? Maybe make every 5 Dwarfs non-ruddy Caucasian?

>Damn shame we never got a proper dwarf or elf book in WFRP 2e.

I actually talked to Chris Prama about that. Apparently they were working on it, but they lost the license and were shitcanned before it saw the light of day.

Really pisses me off, too. A unified elven book (High Elves, Dark Elves, Wood Elves, Sea Elves, at the very least) and a unified Dwarf book (Norscan, Mountain, Chaos, Expat) would've been insanely amazing.

Well and truly a fucking pity we never got to see that. I can't say that BI prioritized right, though; those books should've been made long before work even started on a Skaven or Vampire book.

Hell, there's practically three different source books on the Empire (Core, Sigmar's Heirs, Shades of Empire). Dwarf and Elves should've gotten books long before you start to make evil-faction-books, character creation rules that will be used in 1% of campaigns (or less), and shit like that.

>Would it look too out of place to vary the skintones a bit?
A bit? Of course, they're still individuals. No-one would say that all nordics look the same. Some have blonde hair, some have dark blonde, and some have shades of red. Some have tans, some are pale. It's not that weird.

I don't think there's such a thing as not believing in gods in WFB. They obviously exist.

It's the opposite if anything.
Dwarf women can have multiple husbands, usually brothers (Valaya was married to both Grungni and Grimnir).
The clans are matriarchal and matrilineal. It's only Kings who are male.

Dwarf women command the same respect as the men, if not more. It's just that they aren't allowed to do dangerous jobs or physical labour because they're so valuable to the clan. They're also rarely seen by outsiders for the same reason.

So, strict gender roles, but not necessarily subservient ones.

>(Valaya was married to both Grungni and Grimnir)
She also took Grombrindal as a consort, Valaya got a lot of action.

You think when Neferata came into her room in End Times, she was just hoping for some midnight vampire /ll/? That she was actually awake and just pretended to be asleep after putting on a nightie?

Well, she's a fertility goddess.

>She also took Grombrindal as a consort
Are we talking about Snorri Whitebeard? Because Snorri Whitebeard was Grungni's son...

I'd argue that female miners are a little common, if nothing else because I believe most dwarves are encouraged to learn some of the most basic and culturally important skills before they do anything else. It's not as if they cloister off women all day and make sure they never learn anything.

Would it break immersion if I played some of the sea shanties from Black Flag while my players are sailing from Marienburg to Erengrad? They're not particularly Germanic, and I'm not certain they had those in the Renaissance or until the 18th century. Hmmm.

Some examples:
youtube.com/watch?v=QOfC1PEKt1U