Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Judgment day is nigh for RotJR! Who do you think will get in? Who did you submit?
What plans do you have in the event that you get rejected from RotJR? What if you get rejected from Dragon and Floofy Tails too?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing
Spheres of Might preview: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/rage-powers/paizo---rage-powers/beast-totem-greater-su
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>self-injuring fetish cirno
That's it, pfg, you gone too far.

Fleur-de-Lys. It's annoying, because she was built for a previous hell's vengeance game that didn't get off the ground, and I really liked the concept of a small sneaky tiefling.

It can always get worse.

You don't have to actively make it worse.

Stop making it worse, please, you are not being excellent.

Wh-What happened to the first HV game?

I liked your app, though! I hope you're at least considered!

I'm pretty sure if this is the same Fleur, she didn't get selected to that PFGHV game.

Too bad, i thought she had a solid sheet.

Ran for a session before the DM declared Hell's vengeance was utterly terrible, nonsensical and unsalvageable, and that they'd have to retool every encounter and rewrite everything just to work ok, then decided to put the game down.

Its always weird when you finish a first game as a char and understand what you need to retool to make it good

But isn't any good GM supposed to rewrite an AP?

to some extent yes.

So why didn't he do it?

First for Spheres of Might is looking pretty good!

autism probably

I'm trying to track down a Pathfinder third party campaign setting that was inspired by Thundercats and He-Man. I remember the production values on it looking decent. Does anyone by chance know what its called?

no I'm not talking about Numeria

>be dm
>trying to start the campaign back up after winter break
>every time someone else doesn't have time
>they usually only know for sure they don't have time on the day of the game
>this has been going on for almost 3 weeks

kill me

There's a point at which you're doing more rewriting than following the AP

That sounds like a lot of APs to be honest, especially the older ones like Rise of the Runelords and Curse of the Crimson Throne.

Thanks! I just hope it's a time issue more than anything else, I'm fairly flexible for time.
Also applied for that one. I think Lys has been through 3 iterations so far. It really is weird.

I retract my idea of Armorist being underrated as there appears to be no way to gain unknown talents via bound staves - as presented the Armorist would still have to know the talent being added.

If your character has low Charisma/Intelligence, how far do you roleplay it?

I just bee myself and excuse any stupid phrases or decisions that come out of me as roleplaying.

>You will never bully a little sphinx girl

Why live

>3 people cancel
>Have no idea what to do for the 4 that didn't cancel
I guess I could scale the encounters down...

Cancel permanently or just for today?

If just for today, have them roll up a character in simpleD6 and do a one-shot. If it's permanent find some new players!

Just for today.

I wish it was permanently, I fell for the 8-player party meme and I was relieved when someone quit 2 weeks ago.

>having seven fucking characters in a PF game

Just enjoy the fact that combat isn't going to be a clusterfuck all day erry day, user

I culled my player count from 7 to 4. Never felt so good. I got rid of all the bad players AND any player interaction isn't a chore anymore

They're all my friends, so I'm uneasy about telling the players I don't want anymore to leave.

I wish I wasn't a pushover.

Can you run two separate sessions?
Like, split the party into 3 and 4, and say they have to do a bunch of simultaneous stuff all the time?

>I fell for the 8-player party meme
It's not a meme, it's just a bad idea. I don't think anyone's suggested playing with 8 players.

Possibly. I'd have to try and figure out how to avoid one group feeling like sidekicks though.

I played in an 8-player game, and it seemed to work, but I was wrong.

>I played in an 8-player game, and it seemed to work, but I was wrong.
It's not for everyone! Why not ask your former DM for thoughts on 8 player games and how he managed it?

I asked him recently and he said that it was actually a nightmare for him and why it ended so suddenly.

I am dumb.

Can a Dumb user get sauce on that manga?
Reverse image search isn't working for me.

Two BBEGs.
Equally dangerous.
They have different plans.
Humanity can't exactly say that's not fair and tell one to go away, they have to buckle down and weather out both their assaults at the same time.

Sphinx-Chan's Ultra Quiz by Kishibe

Thank you very much user, may dubs and trips come your way.

Please note; this manga is not about a sphinx girl unable to get RPG games off Veeky Forums.

Uh, we're three sessions in and things are going pretty fine. We even had someone skip ahead a bit and the DM adapted things.

/pfg/ I need your thoughts. I'm playing around with some character builds and I'm trying to find a neat/compelling additional class to go along with a Gunsmoke Phantom Gunslinger.

I've already done the stalker and mystic builds for the "I shit damage" build. I'm trying to find something that pulls it back a little but still makes it fun. Any 3pp you can find I can use or consider.

Shadow Pact Avowed with Aether Rounds?

What are some valid reasons to charge? Should you even use Charge when in a rage?

Having feats that make your charge hit harder. When you need that extra little bit of damage and chance to hit. When you don't have vital strike yet. When the enemy is too far away for just moving and vital striking.

d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/rage-powers/paizo---rage-powers/beast-totem-greater-su

Charging in a Rage is pretty standard stuff. Especially when you have Pounce and can absolutely murder people on your first turn.

>someone skip ahead a bit

Understatement of the century, Senpai.

B-but user, I'll get beaten up real bad! I might die even with my extra HP!

>not murdering them before they get a chance to beat you up

do you even RAGE

>Only one caster in the party
>Martials put no effort into protecting him since he's not a healer

Trust your teammates to keep you alive!

Or take die hard or toughness and retrain later.

It'll be fine, just make sure that your teammates are ready to back you up before you rush in. And if you have a paladin in the group, hold their hand if you get into trouble.

O-okay, anons, I'll try my best! Thank you!

Do they break his glasses and hang him off of door pegs by his robes?

Thanks for the idea, wasn't evening thinking about Avowed stuff.

>That picture

I love it when you get edgelords doing that in a campaign, it gives you endless opportunities to fuck with them.

Say, what are known other ways to pounce if I dont want to be silly and dip Lion Totem Barbarian like everyone else? I am making an alpha damage-oriented striker with emphasis on going first and hitting them hard before they react and I believe this is important

You can be a Kitsune and grab Vulpine Pounce, but you need to burn a feat on a less than useful feat!

What are you playing?

This is a gestalt game, right now its a combination of Mystic and another class I have not decided on yet

I plan to take Landsknecht later at L5

Reposting from one of the last threads because it was too cute for me. Maybe it'll brighten up someone else's day too.

Hounds of Tindalos everywhere

You can get a lot of swift action movement if you wanted to. Elemental Flux gets one, Thrashing Dragon gets one, Piercing Thunder gets one and primal fury gets actual pounce strikes.

Okay, that is actually pretty cute.

Does anyone feel like last minute critiquing Essie's app for RoTJR?

What are apps in Hell's Vengeance that you'd like to be accepted?

Which one's the cutest?

As one of the accepted apps, there's actually a lot of others that I'd be really happy to see get in. It's just a shame that there's only two spots left...

Mine...
And besides merfolk grappler bardbarian, Fleur is pretty cute.

>was going to apply with an "office-worker-esque vigilante" character
>start time is absolute ass for me, making trying to apply pointless

I just want to love my job

Mine too.

Fleur seems cute. I hope we both get in. Or at the very least, I hope she gets in. I highly doubt my chances.

B-but the players in different timezones to yours feel bad when they can't apply!

I think your character is pretty cool too, user! Whichever one it is!

Just hope and try your best! You can do it!

poor Favaro

Of the ones that are remaining, casters are probably going to have a pretty decent chance over anyone else.

>Roll20 doesn't show proper timestamps

How many hours left until rotjr closes?

Yes, and? I don't begrudge them for it, but that still makes me sad because the last HV was a biweekly game.

Oh, no, no, I understand, I was just trying to put it in perspective!

I hope you get into your next game, user!

About 11 hours, user. Godspeed.

>tfw I made a caster
>tfw no comments and a low view count

Do you want me to look at your profile a whole bunch to make you feel better? I can do that!

Which one user?

What you need to keep in mind is that up until last night, the GM was mostly posting in apps to get an idea of why they were in Longacre, so if you've already said why, he doesn't need to ask.

Err, whats a good gestalt combination with Mystic anyway if I want to be somebody who moves fast and hits hard to boot?

Bought this, coming in the next week or so. 3 player party good enough?

>waifu mesmerist
>edge investigator
>badluck martial class

It's a game that has things relevant to my interests. The GM seemed inexperienced but eager, and the players had a decent variety of concepts. It's in every thread, with people asking about characters. Even if I can't apply, it's fun to shitpost and try to drag together ideas for a game I COULD apply to.

tl;dr we dug too deep into this

Mystic works off Wis and so gestalts very well with Monk.

Mystic already does that.
Like... just build dex mystic, focus on strikes, and you're set.

Aegis is surprisingly not a bad option even though it's INT based.
My aegis 3/Knight Chandler X had only 12 or 14 int and was the master of kiting and if I'd known Flyby Attack existed as a feat at the time then I might have actually been untouchable.

Guys, what if the next big game is Curse of the Crimson Throne?

Well, I intended to be Str based instead since I am going Landsknecht eventually

I dont imagine myself kiting but more charge in, kill somebody with charge damage, and then wreak havoc with AoOs and stuff

Yeah, should be alright, assuming the players know what they're doing.

>tfw you realize last minute that your RotJR build would probably be better by switching one class

>mfw cute, usuable NPC submission to Dragon
>mfw the character apps have been abysmal lately
I DON'T KNOW IF I SHOULD BE HYPE FOR THIS ANYMORE

No I just like feeling sad and depressed and mopey and I like to whine.

Do you want me to make a hunk for Dragons?

Because depending on how tonight goes I might make a hunk for Dragons.

IT STILL SHOULD BE 32 PB

So what nationality is Druma supposed to imitate? Like the pictures show a somewhat Arabian influences while the names are more Irish and Welsh as far as what have been given. Or is it supposed to be a combination of the two/three cultures?

I wouldn't really call that mobility, I would just call that good at charging.
Aegis still helps this though: full BAB, flight to ignore difficult terrain, extended reach to improve your AoOs. Keep Time Skitter on, don't wear speed reducing armor, and there's pretty much no battlefield you can't close with a charge of 120~140 feet.

If you aren't being dex based though you may have to dip a class purely for the ability to use your STR or WIS to give you more AoOs instead of dex.

At your point, user, any str/wis class that has some chops is fucking gravy.
Ordained Champion Warder would be funny.

>32 PB
For what purpose?

Druma is basically Switzerland and Italy smashed together.

Why not just get Martial Charge and use any of the multi-attack strikes, including the awesome one Landsknecht gets?

Make inherently MAD class/concepts mechanically viable, user.