Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Castellan Edition

Old thread: >HERE BE THE LIST BUILDER
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vPH6qFskBzw&t
youtube.com/watch?v=CtZnWSU4JjE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

FIRST FOR POSTERIZE PHOTOSHOP EFFECT

First for THE BANEBLAAAAAAAADE

So I got two of the dark eldar starter boxes last week after reading the dark eldar codex they sounded fun as fuck- albeit paper thin.

Anyhow is this the war gear you'd run on them?

I'm not sure about the Aethersails or more wargear on the Archons..

>Orks are a melee race!
>I2

>As vehicle models do not usually have bases, the normal rule of measuring distances to or from a base cannot be used. Instead, for distances involving a vehicle, measure to and from their hull, ignore gun barrels
>But when firing a vehicle’s weapons, ranges are measured from the muzzle of the firing weapon

What's stopping me from making an invincible weapon like pic related

Paper > Epub edition

Fall of Cadia epub yet?

No, I'm saying that 99.99% of people who pirate a digital e-reader file are not interested in printing it out, genius.

generally in that situation your opponent will snap the weapon, flip the table and never play with you again

Physical violence. Nobody bats an eye if I'm going to dreadsock your sorry ass.

And no, not any pussyass new helbrutes, old metal chaos dreadnaughts. Lots of weight and spiky bits.

>Get gifted the Betrayal at Calth box
>Decide to make some loyalists
>Flip flop between chapters, eventually settle on Black Templars for the melee horde
>Open box
>No pistols, only boltguns

Fuck me. Do you think people would mind if I fix bayonets to them?

Threadly reminder that Kranon was intended to be a legal set-up based on the current CSM codex.

First for Crawl

>We're going to build up Abaddon as a legitimate villain
>gets bullied by two women

This is NOT how you go about it, GW

Or maybe he was supposed to be a special Character which had all those relics but they didn't bother and ended up just putting his gear in the relic list.

Horrible paintjob.

I'd split the reavers, run lances on the raiders, and throw blasters and splinter cannons in the Warriors. You also need a place to put the Archons, drop a Warrior (and Splinter Cannon if you gave it to him) to make room. Also, going forward you should drop one of the Archons entirely.

Big Bird in da house.

>What's stopping me from making an invincible weapon like pic related
Fists, middle fingers, and Tournament Organizers.

And his friend Changeman.

FAQs happen. Too bad man.

That's from a page that says "here's the Crimson Slaughter characters and how to make them."

Nice job continuing last threads method of "make up implausible excuses."

So does this new superfriends Castellan Detatchment mean I can take multiple chapter tactics in the same Detatchment? Raptors Tactical and Raven Assaults? Red Hunter Librarian with Salamander Redeemers?

too swole

>>Who the fuck downloads a digital file they can read on any electronic device, and decides to print it out on paper instead?
No one, now that GW uses epubs.

This happened all the fucking time. It still happens with tg related books. Anytime you playin with some spiral bound fucker, they stole that shit.

GW said, well, fuck, we'll make a lot less convenient to steal the paper books. And we'll use a format you can only read easily using our we-can-see-if-you-really-bought-it software, so that hopefully you'll just be like, "god damn it's worth buying just to not have to put up with this shit"

What do the Chapter Tactics rules in Codex: Space Marines tell you about detachments?

So the design team and the fluff team had different views, big fucking surprise.

They gutted that model horribly

And an old man.

Abaddon the Harmless

Beating by a wounded, powerless woman. Stab right through his Terminator armour.

Chaos stay shit

New models boyz.

Who MIXED DAEMONS MASTER RACE here?

Well the units are part of the same detachment, so I would think they had to have the same Chapter Tactics as eachother.

>we'll use a format you can only read easily using our we-can-see-if-you-really-bought-it software
What? Doesn't GW literally just tell you use some free e-Reader?

the fact that it won't be able to shoot at anything closer than 48"?

See, making shit up again. There's nothing to imply that different groups did that. Christ, all of those relics on Kranon are literally designed to be his relics. Their names, their backstory, everything.

what is drm

Yes. But each would only benefit from their respective chapter tactics of course. Also I don't think most opponents would have an issue, but you might run into problems when taking Chapter Tactics from outside Codex: Space Marines since those aren't technically on the source referred to by the Castellan formation.

I think that'd be way easier to play against.

That's what I meant by my first post, maybe Kranon was supposed to be an actual Character in the book, but they ended up not going with it and instead decided to take his gear and make them into relics.

I'm just making up theories because the FACT is that you can't fucking do it.

Maybe Orks were meant to be a ranged race?

do people think the castellan formation could be competitive at 1000k points or it would be too low? I measured out an army list but to be honest, the 2 HQ and 4 troops doesnt allow for much in terms of elites/heavy etc and it feels like it might be too inflexible even if they come back on a 5+

Ahh nevermind
have the right of it. Even if you take one of the BT special characters that would judt force your troops into BT tactics and there are no Special Characters from other chapters available.

But GW doesn't tell you to use some special software. They just have you use a free e-Reader. They have no way of knowing if your copy is legit.

Apparently nothing, seeing that all their files can be read on just about any e-reader I can find. But hey, at least I won't go printing them out, because fuck having all the book conveniently on a digital device.

>I'm just making up
I know. You can stop.

The FACT is, Kranon was intended to be a legal set-up according to an official GW publication. You getting your knickers in a twist won't change that.

>inb4 you continue to pretend I'm trying to say it's a legal set-up currently

The only way to make it cheap and work would be Coteaz, a priest and 4 Scion troops 405 points and you have the minimum

Corteaz, Cheap secondary HQ, remaing pts spent on scions squads with melta/plasma guns.

Stop. This is profoundly stupid and pointless.

I'm not the one who has dragged an argument across two threads for an issue that was settled months ago.

Anyone have guide like this, but for Heresy Era Word Bearers?

Why are you posting AoS models in a 40K thread?

youtube.com/watch?v=vPH6qFskBzw&t

Intended to be legal, until the design team decided otherwise or forgot that they had to ensure it.

One way or the other, he isn't legal. I'd let you play him, simply because as a Tau player I don't think I should be alone in the relic-stacking fun. But he isn't legal, chaos-bro.

I've meant something like this

>Emperor was created when a bunch of prehistoric psykers killed themselves at the same time
>Tens of thousands of psykers kill themselves daily on Terra to keep the Emperor alive
>This doesn't form a new Emperor
???

What, the grey? Then just do Mechanicus Standard Grey, recess shade Nuln Oil, and highlight with Administratum Grey.

Know your lore. When emperor was created, individual psykers were way more powerful.

Thanks

How powerful are we talking?

They don't kill themselves, they die of exertion keeping the golden throne running. No new emperor is born because he's already sucking up all their psychic power.

No idea. Its just mentioned that they were much more powerful and no daemons around back then.

So I'm coming back after a long absence.

What're datacards and formations?

Are formations like premade army lists or what? I think they might've come out during Apocalypse but I was hardly paying attention back then

I would like to paint my guard with white armor and gray gear. Does anyone know what citadel paints I would need?

Sell or trade one of the Archons if possible. You usually want to split units into as many small units as possible unless you are taking transports. Aethersails ain't worth it.

Now get two start collecting Eldar boxes and a Wraithknight and you are good to go. You could also go the way of Ravagers, more bikes and more dudes in Venoms or a unit of 5 Talos using the Haemonculus Covens supplement.

Either way, if prehistoric Earth had enough psychic power on its own to make the Emperor, a galaxy-wide Imperium with hundreds of trillions of humans should be able easily scrounge together enough power to make Emperor 2.0.

How about during that whole witch-hunting phase the Imperium went through? Are you telling me there was never a moment where more than a handful of non-exhausted, psychically-viable humans were all executed at the same time?

>datacards
Fancy GW term for unit entries.

As for the rest you really need to read the "preparing your army" section of the rulebook. Armies are organized into a series of detachments. One detachment is the "Combined Arms Detachment" which is basically the old Force Organization chart, but not all of them are like that. Formations are a type of detachment that usually grant benefits in exchange for being much pickier about which units are included.

Datasheets are your unit stats and options.

Formations are specific groups of units that you can take to get an extra bonus effect.

>he isn't legal
Never said he was, tard-kun.

This isn't any fun when all you morons do is make shit up and respond to things that were never said.

Emperors creation required a ritual, not just suicides

No one said anything about James Bond.

Dawnstone with an Administratum Grey hightlight for that grey. Nuln Oil or Agrax Earthshade for shade.

For white armor use Ulthuan Grey base, recess shade with Agrax Earthshade and highlight with white scar. What this video for a demonstration.
youtube.com/watch?v=CtZnWSU4JjE

Celestra Gray. Ulthuan Gray. Those make white. Edge high light in white scar. Eshin Gray for your actual Gray. Alternate take. Prime Corax white then paint the Gray using some Gray base. Probably easier since guard is high model count

Celestine isn't fat.

>people don't know that the Emperor's just one of many immortal humans who made a deal with the dark gods for power and then backstabbed them

If you can pull it off well it could be cool but if you're like me you'd be better off grabbing a bunch of chainswords on ebay

She is not fat she is T H I C C

I'm thinking of Painting my skitarii in Ryza but the painting guide with jokaero orange looks too washed out. Any recommendations to swap the orange out for to make it richer?

Add a layer of troll slayer orange over it.

its called modelling for advantage. old school rule, you cant do pic related legally

Do a layer of Troll Slayer Orange over the Jokaero and highlight with Fire Dragon Bright. You'll want to start with the Jokearo though or you'll have a hell of a time getting it to cover.

One day we will get new Slaanesh models.

Yeah that's what Im looking at now.

I originally had

Celestine ...200

Coteaz ...100

Henchman warband...99
3 servitors with multimeltas
acolyte with meta

DT Chimera

Sister squad x5 ...135
Flamer, Heavy Flamer

DT: Immolator

Sister squad x5 ...135
Flamer, Heavy Flamer

DT: Immolator

Space Marine Squad x5 ...160
Grav Gun
Razor back with Las and Twin Linked Plas

Space Marine Squad x5 ...160
Grav Gun
Razor back with Las and Twin Linked Plas

for 989 so some flexibility with special weapons

But i dont think thats nearly enough threats at 1k.

You guys mind checking out Codex - Space Marines Angry Smurf Edition? It's a fandex on 1d4chan, I'm going to be making a PDF but I'd like to get some initial feedback as well as letting you fix spelling and grammar as you find mistakes before I make the PDF, sorry about showing you an unrefined product. I will have an alpha version codex for every faction ready by the end of the month, I hope.

>>Changeling and Fatweaver
>>not 40k

wat

3 Riptides. God I hate that broken and abortion of a model

It's supposed to be Scoria.

In kill team mode i can choose just models or it must be aquads as in normal game? And i seen rule "no 2+ save" but in "herold of ruin" rules terminators with 2+sv can be picked

Personally I'd drop the henchmen/Chimera and downgrade two of your troops to 5 man melta Scions and get two Exorcists.

Fateweaver's great (the LoC kit seems much better than the new Bloodthirster in general), but something about the resculpted Changeling doesn't look right to me.

No one will ever use it, user.

So Im a bit new to the hobby (and retarded) and glued my Company Command Squad to the bases before I painted the bases themself. Will it be hard to paint them or should I just give it up and go with the good ol black bases? Im asking becasue I dont know if I should buy Armageddon dust or not.
On the side note, Im personally proud of my models, even though they are not too good, but it was my first time

GW KT =\= HoR. Two different rulesets. There's a Kill Team General, they can go in depth.

Drooling retard here. How are you expected to properly use relatively soft units with Heavy weaponry?

Pathfinders are a good example. Unless you're going first and Scout into position before the game begins, how can you realistically expect them to survive a turn after moving into a position where they can see the enemy (and presumably the enemy can see them)? Won't they get blown the fuck up 100% of the time? What sane opponent would not unleash everything on the Pathfinder squad (not that it would take much), or failing that, simply move out of LOS?

Or are Pathfinders only usable if you're going first and Scout into position like I said?

Needs a trigger event
Just like Ynnead needed a trigger

First
>get rid of your name

Second
>it'll be a little annoying to base them but you can should do it

Not hard. Just be sure you dont fuck up with our glue/paints and you'll do right.

It's fine. Plenty of people do it in that order as normal operating procedure including the official GW tutorials.

You have them sit right back out of range of most enemy units. But yes, they will attract a lot of attention either way, because letting Markerlights survive is a mistake.