Warhammer 40,000 general

Shenanigans with Trazyn edition

>BOB THE LIST BUILDER
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(A fuck away from the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XsNIFD7TxwU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why.

What did I miss?

Third for Cypher has a damning dossier on what Emps did with two Romanian prostitutes and is bringing it to Terra.

He wrote the rules for WoM.

He made Rubrics even worse.

On an unrelated note, what will you be voting for Model of the Year?

I'm going for the crates, just in an effort to get GW to make more overpriced terrain that looks cool.

Golden showers on the Golden Throne?

Game/army pics? Show me your dudes Veeky Forums!!!

Also if I wanted to convert some Fantasy models into Rough Riders for my Guardsmen what would be the best kits to use?

>June's best model
>a fucking box

I would vote for the box

So I'm mainly interested in the lore of 40k, but I've lost track of it lately.

I know about the Fall of Cadia, but I also heard that Space Wolves got fucked up before that?

Could some kind soul tell me where I can read about all this? Which books etc?

Reposting from the grave of the last thread.

Skitarii user from earlier. So I planned on running small squads of Rangers with Arc Rifles, but now that I've found out Hoplites, I'm very convinced to add those, probably in an 'as well' sort of fashion. But maybe that's too much Haywire. I'd be shit against a horde army.

Peltasts seem REALLY good, like stupidly good. Wipe out a unit or two before they get annihilated because the other player focuses fire on them, good.

In that vein, are they broken? Obviously Hoplites aren't too shabby defensively, but otherwise they're kinda in the same place as Vanguard. Peltasts seem just...better than every other Skitarii.

Will I end up being 'That Guy' if I use them at all? What about Hoplites, would the consensus be 'they're okay to use'? The Spear/Shields look so damn cool and honestly should have been in the codex from the start.

Also, why do the Peltast guns look so...shitty? There's a distinct lack of detail there.

Same. I just want to get a retardedly huge amount and use them to make terrain or even a ZM board.

Would it be heresy if I painted my deathwatch Crimson Fists captain's power fist red instead of the bare metal silver the deathwatch normally have? I just don't want to piss off any machine spirt or ornery watch master

I finished these two last night. Ethereal was 4 hours from primed black to that, and the Venom was 75% done at the start of the night.

youtube.com/watch?v=XsNIFD7TxwU

All these recent releases have gotten me back into the game. I've play three games in the last month (which is quite a bit for me) one with my CSM and two with my IG/IH Imperial troops. Think I'm going to have to chose a main army as I get more models. Does anyone know how Iron Hands play at 1500-1850pts?

I don't play against Skitarii, but I play against them weekly.
Peltasts are scary good. The only, ONLY thing they can't handle is any vehicle bulkier than a Dread, but that's okay, because literally the rest of your army can do that. My meta is pretty casual but the Skitarii player has started using them, and whenever they show up (he just brings a squad of 10 with omnispex) they wreck face.

Obviously your meta may vary but if you are going to take them, take one squad and see how they do.

>Also, why do the Peltast guns look so...shitty? There's a distinct lack of detail there.
Seconding this. Last year's May Open Day when they were first revealed, it was joked about that their guns looked like Super Soakers... Little did we know the obscene power they'd come to have.

Box and Truck are the best one.

Not even joking.

>Would it be heresy

No, the Crimson Fist could be a particularly insolent individual that has no respect for the machine spirit or his superiors, kept only because he is useful to the Kill Team and maybe sent to the Deathwatch not as an Ork expert but just to get rid of him.

Do it, add some character to your minis.

It's a nice box.

Pretty great. How did you get the red pattern on the Venom's hull to come out so smooth? I'm shit at painting and would love to learn to do that pls no bully

SO SISTERS AND BLACK TEMPLAR ARE BOTH BEING BROUGHT BACK FROM THE GRAVE, YES?!

CAN I FINALLY GET INTO THIS?!

Yeah that seems to be my thoughts as well. Taking a ton of them would be sort of abusive, even to FW standards of broken

And I was actually thinking of converting my own guns? Or is that like extra heresy. They just don't look good, really.

FUCK

Best damn box to be made in 40,000 years. No one else has made a box quite as nice.

Multiple.
Thin.
Layers.

Seriously. But the main recipe was 2 thin Khorne red undercoats and 2-3 coats of Evil Sunz Scarlet. The orange is Fire Dragon Bright.
I love my Windsor Newton brush so much, too. I used it for everything on the minis except for drybrushing.

No. It could also be one gifted to DW by the chapter few centuries past so he takes pride in using it.

Also, don't try to do the design all in one go. I improvised the design as I went. So I painted in little strokes.

Hey guys I think a new rules drop is coming really soon.
Something is definitely happening if they aren't producing a codex anymore

Thoughts on the attached list? Thinking of using it for our league that is coming up.

Goliath Rockgrinder.

I just realized that I probably should have left the backpacks with swords off of my dudes before building/painting them. The lower back will be impossible to paint now.

Oh well! These are my first guys, it's a good thing I learned before making more than 6 dudes so far.

Switching to softback

Why is that good?
It's marginally cheaper but I much prefer hardbacks to be honest.

Thank god, I thought orks were gonna be the test guineapigs for next edition as well

Beep bop. The Omnissiah be praised.

>Also if I wanted to convert some Fantasy models into Rough Riders for my Guardsmen what would be the best kits to use?

Depends on the aesthetic you are aiming for with them, though I recommend some of the Lord Of The Ring GW stuff.

I'm confused Veeky Forums. How do Deathwatch's mixed Kill Teams work?

hm matters what kinda of look you want for the rough riders. I personally would use some Wild riders but free guild pistoliers also would work.

...carefully?

As long as you don't spam them so long as your opponent isn't taking the cheese or attach a Dominus to every unit for a rerollable 2+ save, you should be okay.

>converting my own guns
As long as they won't be mistaken for Rangers or Vanguard, you'll be good. It's not like Skitarii have too many different troop options for people to remember. Though, the Peltasts' guns are the only weak part of their kit imo. The helmets and pauldrons are legit.

Nah orks aren't the next editions guinea pigs is going to be SoB or Nids led by cruddace on both teams

Looks like Fantasy wins 2016.

I want to give you shit for the Wraithknight, but really the rest of the list is so reasonable that I really don't think it'll be too bad. Good list!

>Via Sanguinius Reddit:

>"Vect is involved with the new 'Eldar Triumvirate'

>Iyanna Arienal is HIGHLY LIKELY to be the Eldar model with the Gyrinx offsider, aka an Iyanden Spiritseer.

>Roboute still is on track to 'waking up first'...noting below, I would posit that Lion'el will be awoken soon after.

>A later book (aka sooner rather than later) will be called 'The Hunt', focusing on the Dark Angels chasing Cypher on a spiral towards Terra. I have been told that Cypher WILL reach Terra with the Lion Sword. PERSONAL SPECUALTION: I think Cypher will 'kill' the Emperor in order to instigate his Perpetual Powers and bring in a new age.

>Additional: I have heard loose rumours that 'a loyalist Primarch will turn, and a Chaos Primarch will turn Loyalist.' I have heard nothing more in this regard....but please be Alpha Legion....please be Alpha Legion. (EDIT: I have heard nothing solid on this! It seems to be intertronz conjecture)

>Sanguinius out!"

My money that the Primarchs that switch sides will be Alpharius and the Lion.

Yeah I mean I know I play Eldar so ultimately there is going to be shit people are unhappy with but I tried to avoid the overly standard stuff and at least take some interesting options. My store is moderately competitive though so I'm not gonna completely skip out on WKs and Bikes.

>painted Tau
What sorcery is this!?

I mean the mixed model types. How does that mess with?

Is this "Sanguinius" reliable source?

Consider that these are "Experimental Rules," so for a future book release, FW might tone down their power a tad. As it stands, they're damned good, but I play Kill Team with just five of them along with Vanguard, so I've not got the math of blobs of 20 of them.

How can Alpharius become loyalist? he always was a loyalist

So now that FoC is out, what is the consensus on the members of the Triumvirate? Who is the most broken?
Is it fair they can have Cawl/Celestine if I bring some Termies or a Land Raider?

So what would most players probably say to seeing a fully painted up, Ork looted version of this?

wears space wolf shirt when talking about Thousand Sons rules... clearly hates thousand sons

Yup.

>Loyalist Alpharius falls to chaos
>Rebellious Omegon forsakes it
>Everyone else stands around shrugging and looking confused

> "Is it bs2?"

I'm looking to add a Fortification to my Space Marine force, but I'm not sure how well that would work out fluff-wise for a chapter to just happen to fin the same bunker wherever they land.

Would it be possible to convert a drop-pod into a fort for them to use, fluffing it as something they drop in before a battle to fortify wherever they need? Is there any justification for that in existing fluff?

-Majority toughness
-Keep coherency, so fast shit like bikes need to keep near the footsloggers

Not that hard really.

>the Ork part is nicely painted
>the Tau part is bare resin
I kek'd

>"why does it look so bad"

Leman Ruus goes to Khorne with his stupid legion and Iron Warriors come loyal

Scales too small. I've also heard you cannot use their models in their other franchises due to the licensing if I'm not mistaken.

Shame as I once really liked the idea of making a Tallarn army from the Haradrim range, riders included.

My Imperial Fist devastator stood firm and rolled double ones for morale, forcing the enemy to kill him for the point! My stormtalons kicked butt against the Tyranids today.

>Not Khan and Lorgar

Ehhhhhhhhh?

No idea really. We'll

Keep Scouts or Devastators in it. They were the ones who were the bait for the enemy army, who fled back to the bunker to let the fight take place in the kill-zone the Marines prepared. It's what I do with my Imperial Fists successor.

>Cannot use their models in other franchises

How would they even enforce this? The only thing that they could even remotely do is refuse to picture mixed models in their official publications. They can't come to your house and stop you from using LoTR models in 40k.

i thought its a meme about 9/11. This preview confuse

So how do we make the Box the best model.

Honestly it is the best thing they release.

Xbox huge models should be a FW thing,

>those containers
>not best model of 2016

But to loot it Orks need to get within 500 feet of it without getting blasted to shit

And the Lion was a traitor. Your point?

>'a loyalist Primarch will turn, and a Chaos Primarch will turn Loyalist.

This is one of the most horrible things that could ever happen

Duncan did that before. He was painting WB or something and wore an Ultramarine shirt.

The size won't fit i think. LotR tt doesn't go full geroic scale and are smaller than guardsman.

Maybe I'm just weird but the units look weird as fuck mixed like that.

>Let me walk my motorcycle since you're walking

No the most horrible thing is Age of the Emperor. This is just what should happen as a lot of the factions seem to be tainted by chaos specifically the Blood Angels and Space wolves. Now the chaos one turning makes less sense.

Maybe the Big Mek's paint pots were stolen by some thieving, blue-fingered Grots?

A loyalist DP?

Please respond

What would those grots be doing wiff it 'uh? Dey dont paint nuffin

You talking about Celestine?

>Lirgar writes a book called "I was fucking right" and gets the Ministorum to publish it.

agreed, it's far from elegant.

Jump pack guys and bikes together are fun though

I get that Changeling is getting a new model since the old one looks like shit, but the new Curseling looks exactly the same. What gives?

Magnus and 1k sons attack Fenris, a lot of furries get killed, Grimnar wound Magnus thanks to his khornate axe, inquisition start's purging poeple from fenris, magnus get rekt and he pulled his planet frmo immaterium.

I think it's called Curse of the Wulfen or Warzone Fenris or something like that. Basically the Imperium finds out about the Wulfen and the GK and DA attack and bomb Fenris, partially because Tzeentch tricked the DA too. But eventually they all make up and Wulfen are tolerated for the time being.

Well if you play against or with space marines you get true scale between them. I made my plague zombies out of the goblins from the hobbit starter box for example.

Nah, Perty!

>Dark Angels are traitors
>Alpha Legion is loyal
nothing we haven't known forever.

Strange, no FoC in OP's link. Usualy by this time after realise new books were there.

curseling not new, just a new run of the old mold

> What would those grots be doing wiff it 'uh? Dey dont paint nuffin

Fings only a grot would do ov'course.

Sorry for my crappy photo skills. These guys are the beginning of my world eater army for 2017

Need some advice or ideas on a beginning list. I like drop pods, and I like Templars. I'm starting to see that they don't mix all that well, but before I switch chapters I'd like to hear if it would work at all at either 750 or 1000 points.
Another idea was to remove both the Chaplain and the Assault squad and run an Ironclad in the third pod instead.

If Pertarabo goes loyalist there would be a loyalist DP (and not a hypocritical "saint")

>toomuchblood/10

Sounds legit.

I don't know of anything specific, but Iron Warriors could throw up pillboxes in a manner of minutes straight out of drop pods and gunships. Maybe your marines could do the same?