Lactose tolerance

How common is lactose tolerance in your setting.
Are there any races that just cannot drink milk.

>tfw just opened a milkshake shop in laos
trid so hard gt so far

How common is autism in your thread? This post lacks any sort of substance

More power to cheese then.

Why every post in this thread that is not yours or agreeing with yours is made by an autist dear user

Just fuck off already.

The fuck are you blabbering about.

My setting is very tolerant, except for the monstrous "always Evil" races. Gotta keep things black and white, players can't into complex morals.

Milk is aryan

You could always pose this and other dietary questions in your local worldbuilding thread.

There is no rule on Veeky Forums that all discussions of a given topic must be regulated to the most relevant General thread.

True, but unfortunately it's far more likely to get helpful, serious responses there.

How do you think Generals gain the kind of monopoly on topics that they do in the first place?

Reddit cancer dragging their dirty laundry inside. They don't know how to hold discussions except in coordinated subreddits with neat side bar style pasta and an anti-transient consistency to the point where clear names and identities forms in a grotesque imitation of their hugbox circle jerk they hold so dear

Based Germano-Celts understand the Glory of Milk.

Praise Be.

>and other dietary question
Some species can't process cooked or otherwise preserved (sans magic) meat.
Some species can't taste sour.
Some species can only eat single type of plant from their homeland. No member of the species will volunteer what plant it is for the fear it will be used as a leverage against them.

This map is bullshit.
I'm Russian, and everyone I know here can drink milk and we eat a lot of dairy products too.

Yeah seems a little off
Every other map just shows milk consumption though

It's not a uniform distribution across Russia so I guess a lot of them probably live outside of the cities.

Yes, of course you're right, we need "WOMEN WARRIORS IN FANTASY AND /POL/" threads

Not him, but who the fuck cares about lactose (in)tolerance in their game design or even world building, aside ofc utter autists AND people with lactose intolerance?

How fucking new are you
Talking about minor details on Veeky Forums is something we do all the fucking time.
Hell its not even that minor whole cultures have thrived because of the ability to drink milk.

>Milk is aryan
Are you even looking at the map? Middle Easterners and people from like Pakistan and NE India can take milk too. And hell, beyond that, west Africa, which isn't even related to the other lactose tolerant populations.

Good luck

>Australians/Kiwis cant drink milk

is this only counting abos/maori or wat

I dont fucking know
The data seems almost made up i am tempted to get some more data and make my own map

>japs drink more milk than you thought

but why?

The map does not say they do drink milk just that they can.

Aryan people came from India

They came from Central Asia, migrate down south to Persia, then split off to migrate to Europe and India.

Still not accounting for West Africa, user.

yeah, has to be native population, milk is a staple here

Since the overwhelming majority of people in 40k seem to be descended from white colonists, I'd say the Milky Way looks pretty... milky.

Chart doesn't really account for degrees of lactose intolerance either. Some people just get a little queasy or gassy from it, other people just throw it up instantly.

The West African thing could be a result of the Visigoths migrating there after the fall of the Western roman emperor and taking their milk drinking genes with them?

Sub-saharan Africans have zero significant genetic contribution from any other population.

It's not really that important since intolerants drink milk all the time. Only a small percentage gets sick and explodes in farts, for most of us iyt's just like eating heavy lunch.

I'm a spaniard and literally everyone drinks milk and eats cheese at home since time immemorial. Lactose "intolerance" is a meme except for some jews and chinks.

What the fuck dude, is your setting alt history?

Interesting. Most Chinese people I know can drink milk just fine.

What were you thinking?

Try and develop almond milk or soy milk shakes...
yeah, good luck.

Pakistan and NE India were initially settled by Aryans. Dravidian are the south indians, its the admixture between the two over generations that creates the modern indian. Many kashmiri (notrhmost state of india; especially the brahmin which were one of the few peoples allowed to stay hindu during mughal occupation) and pakistani look uncanningly white, as well as persians and other middle eastern for that matter.

Not sure about west Africa

>as well as persians and other middle eastern
None of these really look white any more. The Arab invasions were very rape happy, so now the people of even Persia are the same color as someone from Saudi Arabia.

Never really thought about it, beyond reptilian races not being able to handle it well. Kobolds will eat dairy if available but that's because they'll eat anything, though too much dairy is one of the few things that will disagree with their stomachs.

And make sure the almonds are activated! This is important.

>minor detail
It's not minor. It's absolutely insignificatn bullshit. Whole cultures thrived without any use of milk.

So uh... the lactose intolerant, can they not drink milk at all or is there a certain limit? Even countries like Japan where the majority is lactose intolerant still sell milkshakes (and my Chinese cartoons treat drinking milk like it's the most normal thing in the world) and someone on /a/ (I know, incredibly reliable source) claimed that despite being lactose intolerant he once drank six glasses of milk in a single day and only got the shits.

So what exactly are the effects of being lactose intolerant? You just get the shits? That doesn't sound too bad.

It varies, some people have more issues than others. My brother gets a rash from drinking milk, so he avoids it if possible.

It just makes me slightly queasy or a little bloated. It doesn't bother me much at all and thus I don't avoid dairy.

Personally I think more studies need to be done on the difference between 'doesn't digest lactase' and 'reacts badly to lactase' and for us to stop lumping the two together.

Agreed

Maybe, but it's pretty inconsequential to most people.

That's probably why it's ignored. Most people in the west are lactose tolerant and just give the 'no dairy' like to the lactose intolerant, while in places where most people do consume lactose but are lactose intolerant, they just assume everyone reacts to it the same (That is, not really at all unless they're overindulging.)

Yeah, the shits. That and gas. Asian liquid milk consumption tends to be lower as a result.

China 19.3L
Japan 31.4L
South Korea 33.5L

US 71.9L

EU average 63.2L

So?