Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

When was the last time your character succumbed to a Charm, Suggestion, Dominate, or something similar? What happened? How did your GM tell you to act? How well did you play along?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing
Spheres of Might preview: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4496834/
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65518/a-fluffy-fairy-tale-2-electric-boogaloo
app.roll20.net/forum/post/4440165/applications
m.youtube.com/watch?v=C4Bp-68W-2c
boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/51136073/#51136817
twitter.com/AnonBabble

app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4496834/

Is this the best app in Floofy Tails 2.0?

Is this the best app in any /pfg/ game ever?

>Name: He does not his own name. However, he goes by the name FoxDie

>Origin: FoxDie does now remember anything from his past. He does know where he was born, his birthday even his name. All he knew is that he woke up in a bloody battlefield.

>Why they think they were chosen: Sometimes man of mystery can be fun to have in a quest.

>What they'd like to do now that they're chosen: To know who he is and where he came from

>Physical character description: 6'1, 190lb, Green eyes, right eye is damaged, thin muscular body.

>Backstory: Unknown

Hasn't happened, but I'm looking for excuses to play a Mesmerist.

How would one go about getting maps from a module on roll20? Or do I really need to recreate everything the hard way?

How do you deal with travel time over long distance?

I'm running a module, and the party is about one session away from finishing it

I'm going to throw out a few hooks for other modules that are level appropriate, but having looked through the wiki they're all a ways away. The closest is like a country over and I have my doubts about the party being interested.

Thread died before I could get some thoughts on this: Of course, it's a playtest, so this is the kind of thing that could probably get changed in the future.

>Create application for Hell's Vengeance character, Fighter||Medic
>Wonder why it has so few views on it and why the GM hasn't commented
>Realize after looking more that I accidentally linked the wrong character sheet instead of my own
>mfw

Man do I feel like an idiot. At least I caught it now, so hopefully the GM can actually take a look at Bianca!

>fighter|medic

Why would you even do that?

Writer here, I'd honestly say no myself as it kind of leads to combinations I hadn't accounted for.

How many evil aligned characters had been applied to the Dragon game?

Four

Eh, it's no Doug.

Hell's Vengeance will be closing apps soon, I think!

What will you do if you get accepted?

4 people already know! And one lucky person doesn't.

Having apps start getting picked so early was kinda harsh, but it makes sense for coordinating times.

Ooh, I can't wait to see who it is!

Are they cute?

I almost hope not since in retrospect my app wasn't very cute. Even if she would be an adorable bully.

Petra Markova. I think she works really well for an evil game but I don't think she has a shot in this one.

I come here to torture you with news. because i'm a sadistic fuck

I have decided that one of the current applicants already has a slot in the final party.

Also, his name is Doug.

So this is despair

More rather someone took the name to meme a meme. Doug has no interest in this paltry game of mine.

What would the character/personality/role play ramifications be for having a +16 perception modifier? What should that entail? It's paired with a more normal +6 Sense Motive, if that helps.

Thin walls are a nightmare for your when you want to sleep.

"If you cant fap any quieter, I'm going to come in there and chop it off!"

Does this mean its one of the newer ones or just decided on an older app

Something from the current list. Could be new, Could be old.

Is there a spell which damage can't be healed with spells and potions?
Our warrior likes spears and I wondered if I could make the best Gae for her.

So I've been playing PF since fuck long but never GM'd it. How do I GM ?

Rather badly, at first. You've already played games, so you should have some idea what a good GM does and does not do. If you're not sure, try running a premade adventure (or adventure path) first. GMing is a skill you learn best by practicing, so don't get discouraged when you screw up. Learn to improvise, because the players WILL do things you weren't expecting.

Oh, and remember to ask for feedback if the players aren't readily giving you any.

Oh no don't worry I've been a GM for fuck long too, I just never quite GM'd Pathfinder in particular. I'm looking for specific tips about GMing that one in particular.

Thanks for the advice though.

Oh good, so it's not one of those assholes from the metaphysical list of future applicants or the alternate universe list of timelines forgotten.

You have a whole Standard Operating Procedure when it comes to cutpurses.

You can routinely identify low level (

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65518/a-fluffy-fairy-tale-2-electric-boogaloo

app.roll20.net/forum/post/4440165/applications

Why is there such a glut of manly men all of a sudden? Didn't the GM want more twinks?

The main thing I considered different in Pathfinder when I started running it - especially when I ran APs (because I'm lazy like that) is to adjust encounters for more than 4 party members and higher PB. Most APs and adventures are made for 15-point PCs, and very few DMs use that method.

That's wild; hadn't considered how attainable sleep DCs would be with such a grotesque modifier. Might drive a man mad.
He'll have to deal with the bother or drink, because being a loner isn't Justice.

>Most APs and adventures are made for 15-point PCs, and very few DMs use that method.

Actually even Paizo uses 20-PB as the standard, they just assume that the players go through the character creation without any concern for optimization or even basic level of effectiveness.

Because GM posted an "ideal team composition" and given the pre-existing traps and gals, most people decided to go for slot 4, "preferably a non-trap guy".

Which is very normal stance to take
After all, they are in business of selling new content, not refining existing content
All content must with with all players

Would you lot mind if I posted a character background to be ripped apart?

Do it, nerd

Why not make more traps then?

A doughty goliath man from Thetchel, and one of the handful of survivors of tribe Loputha, alongside his elder sister, Elkuno and his betrothed, Athuvath, virtually destroyed by an Abyssal warhost.
Rescued by the strange starmen from a desperate last stand near overrun, they were repatriated to a small colony on the Reaches, but Athuvath never fully recovered her wits from the slaughter, and Elkuno quietly nursed many injuries that left her a shell of her former proud physicality. Vaegulth was... changed by the horrors, bearing a hunger for revenge that twists the normally reserved man into rage, and having little else to offer or places to go, enlisted in the RNC's military wing, both for the stipend it offered for his family and the chance to seek out and slay monsters, preferring demons and their ilk, observing no restraint when it comes to combating them.
His enlistment in the Starmen's military came with a training regimen that he excelled at, and he survived his first several sorties, claiming a giant's blade from one that he found an affinity for, using it with great skill. The harsh training, however, never served to salve his hateful heart, and sometimes he found his rage boiling over into a nigh mindless, berserker's assault on enemies that his allies found was better to allow to pass on it's own, rather than interfere with.
>cont

>tfw no homofurry lewd game

Despite this, Vaegulth took pains to educate himself in the manner of the Starmen, putting his natural intelligence to good use in a personalized combat style, and recognizing his own charismatic leanings, often volunteers for diplomatic duties, employing a mix of disarming charm and threats, veiled and overt, in equal measure to diffuse situations, make allies and influence the masses. However, his many experiences have left him somewhat wary and reserved when it comes to magic; he has simply seen too much of it turned to evil means and motives for trust to spring eternal, and summonings are nearly beyond the pale for him. The horror of the daemonic army that was brought to his home by scheming powermongers long on ambition and short on common sense ever gnaws.
His ambitions are few, but simple: Increase his pay stipend to provide a more comfortable life for his beloved, push the limits of his personal potential, learn the secrets of the creatures that slew his family, and use those secrets to wipe them out forever.
>yes, there are some influences you can probably identify

>not being all manly men in your quest to prove your manness, bromance, ultimate Veeky Forumsizenship and to prove you're no homo and can get a gf

What's the Golarion equivalent of meth? Cleric of Erastil needs a community-destroying substance to battle against.

>m.youtube.com/watch?v=C4Bp-68W-2c

Supporting character/10

Hallucinogen mushrooms.

Elucidate, then.
I freely admit that I didn't make a bombastic leadman, but somewhat harsh mission focused type that will use whatever means are best and would clash with more heroic types in the party.
Or would if people interacted with me more, I've become the default leader because I'm the only one that DOES anything

>being a beefcake
>not going all the way in the other direction and being a literal skeleton

>A party of proud Veeky Forumsizens search and quest to prove once and for all they're capable of getting a gf.

fund it.

Im pretty sure Zerk is the Golarion equivalent of meth.

boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/51136073/#51136817
>Kagerou has a much more positive attitude towards the Fluffy City and its inhabitants, and thus has a much more fitting tone to a kingmaker campaign. Now that her player cleaned up her app and corrected the spelling and the like, she looks like a solid pick.

>Nemone doesn't seem like she'd have an easy time of doing kingmaker stuff considering she's "barely better than a wild animal" and is "determined to show the nobles how foxes should properly live". Of the teo, Nemone is definitely the more disruptive, and more likely to come to physical blows to get her way.

>So, with regards to Fluffy Tails, I submit the "Party Test"; which would be more fun seeing going to a fancy dress ball.

>Kagerou would seem to be nervous, have to be fussed over to be put in a fluffy frilly dress and blush lots when offered a dance, and possibly smile sweetly when realising she's not just a forgotten child hidden away from the city but a new darling and the talk and praise of the town.

>Nemone would refuse to come to such a gathering, or refuse to wear finery clothes and show up underdressed (no-one would dare to tell her what to wear) and spill drinks /eat messily/possibly see a pretty male and fuck him on the dining table, making everyone look awkwardly on as she mounts the poor waiter after tearing off all his clothes.

>Points are really tilting towards Kagerou for me!

I-Is this true? How can we make Nemone a better app than Kagerou then?

You pretty hit it on the head. This dude is grumpy as fuck and kills monsters, in contrast to our hypothetical hero or heroine, who has high ideals and shit.
Otherwise, it's fine, if a bit gloomy (which could fit the tone of the whole game well, so it's not a problem, just the truth.)

I know the feeling. Always make supportive Cleric dude or system equivalent, but always play outsize role in decisionmaking because people don't want to direct shit.

My last 3 characters were:
>dragon angel paladin
>smooth talking womanizing godson
>hard partying space cop screaming towards burnout that eventually turned against everything he once stood for

For one, that wasn't the fluffy tailed GM, that was me (who's not kon kon)! For two, how would YOU make Nemone appear and act at a party? What part of her personality would change for her to make a good impression?

Bestow Curse you dipshit

There is currently a fairly bombastic, fast talking kobold cleric in the party, and he is the only one that has approached my pc at all beyond mentioning how frightening my dude is.

If a person who has Constrict grapples someone and succeeds, then succeeds the roll to maintain the grapple when the victim tries to escape, do they deal damage when the victim fails to escape?

Similarly, if they use Pin, do they add constrict damage onto that?

Is it true there is a place in Golarion made out of flesh, and various puckered anuses in the surface belch out erotic gassed that cause the Giger-esque inhabitants of the planet to enter a fucking frenzy?

Golarion, no. On Veeky Forums we call it /pfg/

What do I roll to look for fine Tiefling honeys that are DtF in a given city? Just Diplo to gather information? What could modify this roll to increase my chances?

It's Diplo followed by Diplo followed by Sense Motive followed by Diplo followed by Perform (Sexual Technique) and a Fort Save.

Because people think trying to fill out the slot is an "easier chance."

Anyone got ideas on how to reflavour things like magic items for merfolk- i.e footgear, stuff like boots of speed?

I could've sworn there was some planet where the meaty inhabitants would kidnap beings from other worlds and put them near giant gas geysers on their planet, and sometimes those geysers would belch aphrodisiacs that cause the locals to enter a breeding frenzy with each other and the kidnapped humanoids, often ending in death.

Fin of Speed?

Jewelry they can attach above the base of their fin, like a large anklet style thing.

It's probably a good idea for us to survive level 1 rusty dagger shanktown before worrying about that, Ms Mermaid!

I think it's funny how other people are asking about ways to make my character more likely to get in. I'm about to go out so I only have time for one message, but I'll give my thoughts.

Musu's supposed to be disruptive, I'd say you might've exaggerated slightly in terms of the degree(even an animal can read the mood and predators blend in and observe before striking) but I do want her to be wild and in people's faces, in a fun way. I understand that's not everybody's idea of fun, and taken to some of the extremes you mentioned it probably wouldn't be mine either, but it's what I'm after. What I'd most like would be to see both the city and Musu rub off on each other over time, it growing a bit more wild while she learns to control herself a bit more.

Piercings.

>Charm, Suggestion, Dominate, or something similar?
I was in a one-shot with a group of friends and we had the following situation occur:
Came around the corner to find three 'guards' disguised succubi at the door and we all failed our subsequent sense motive and will saves, before they jumped on us. Problem was, each of us that failed a save had ways of doing the same. We eventually needed a flowchart to figure out who was allowed to attack who and who was friendly to who because it went like:
>Succy A charms player A
>Succy B charms player B
>Succy C charms player C
>Player A charms succy B
>Player B charms Succy A
>Player C suggests Player D
>Player D charms succy A
>Succy A tries to hit player B, reconsiders
>Everyone pauses and stares at each other.

Why is /pfg/ always full of shitty waifutrash pictures?

Because it's mostly containment for waifufags and furries with about 5 people here for the system over fetishes.

"Let's stop fighting! We're all friends here, right?"

We've got a person that always wants to make OPs with them, and then the rest of us are contrarian faggots that think anime is interesting to post.

Honestly, most of us need to spend some time with 5e to learn how it's done over there.

Pretty much.
Every time somebody thought they had figured out a possible hostile action, at least two other people hit them with suggestions or similar to prevent it. By that point we all had made our checks to know what the succubi were, so there wasn't going to be any kissing going on and it was the most awkward little stand off we'd ever had until someone suggested just dismissing the succubi harmlessly home after exchanging names for later planar binding/ally spells

>Giving your name to a demon

A cute tail cozy

lot of them aren't very good either.

>obnoxious and does not play well with others if they're not stronger than he is
What a start

>he was personally headhunted by Culdranth to become her personal assassin because he can kill anything she wants to steal the things of.
This one sounds like a minor empire villain of a random FF game, and forgot we're level 3

>The incest twins, oh and they hate their family and only want to please tiamat and their mom because apparently everyone mocked him in his childhood.
uh huh

The most reasonable evil character's that last one, the bureaucrat.

>>The incest twins, oh and they hate their family and only want to please tiamat and their mom because apparently everyone mocked him in his childhood.
That doesn't sound that bad.

Well, yeah, but I'm sure we'll do fine!

Right? I'm not gonna get countergrappled and tied up, right?

girl, you gon' be fish/dolphin cutlets

You super are, but your teammates will be there to keep you from getting shanked. Preventing you from getting LEWDED, I can't make promises about.

Remember kids, always summon responsibly. If you really must get your rocks off with something from other planes, stay safe, sane, and protected.

>obnoxious and does not play well with others if they're not stronger than he is
>What a start

In my defense, I meant for it to be a point of character growth. Starts off cold to the group and gradually warms. But I can see why people would be turned off to it.

More like CUTElets.

5e will just be like us once they have actually have content.

There's plenty of content, people are just having more fun in /pfg/.

>people are just having more fun in /pfg/.

This doesn't feel like fun to me.

I remember when we had fun by discussing lore and developing neat campaign ideas, not ogling the huge lactating tits of some half-elf harlot or squealing about third party content.

Hey /pfg/, I'm looking to make a gimmicky build of a large creature wielding a cannon as a two-handed firearm, but I'm not sure what feats to take since a good chunk of the go-to ranged feats aren't applicable. How should I go about it?

The game is an EL6 game, and there's no 3rd-party being allowed (RIP).

Well, I have fun with both. Wouldn't mind more lore/campaign development talk, but this is fine too, and when that talk pops up it's plenty welcome.

As a player or GM?

Not sure why you're bagging on 3p, maybe you're just unhappy with your life. Have you tried yoga?

Someone posted an awesome idea for a Brevoy campaign yesterday! Maybe you could suggest some ways to make it even better?

>squealing about third party content
>not pathfinder related

Whenever a new 1pp book hits we tear it to pieces for a thread or two to find the useful gems and mock the rest, then get bored because there's usually nothing worth keeping up discussion for. At least with 3pp that we gush over, there's less useless shit to slog through and it's more about "is this content worth allowing?".

If we had an imgur of the latest leaks to throw around, maybe people would be more willing, but usually the latest leak only serves to disappoint us. I have hopes for the Qadira book, mostly because it seems so big there HAS to be something good in there.

There's going to be a proud matriarchal desert tribe (like how media romanticizes certain North African tribes) and the writing is going to act like they're super revolutionary and exceptional in all aspects.

Combing through 3pp books is what makes pathfinder playable, nearly everything paizuri releases is garbage and anything that's good gets erratad.

But I do agree with you on the erp bullshit.

As a player.