mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck (embed)

>/5eg/ Discord server
discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

>5etools
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

Previous Thread:
Is there a class or archetype concept that you have yet to see, and would like an official release?

Other urls found in this thread:

5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/classes.html#Sorcerer,Favored Soul (UA)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Give me some arcane focus ideas for a necromancer lads.

Can anyone tell me what Perform does in Pathfinder, and how to translate the following to 5e?

>Goblin Trait: Rude Songs
>Providing an opponent can hear and understand you, the lyrics of your songs are so personally insulting that you gain a +2 trait bonus on all Perform (song) checks. Perform is always a class skill for you.

Kinda sounds like it might be better as 'the patron decided to take over the construct'. It's a little less direct, at least.

Maybe it's nice to have simple and straightforward things and I don't think the idea I had would be good for something side-questy like you said, but at least from a 'good story' point of view I think I'd tone it down a little because it sounds like far too many coincidences. It just so happens to be a robot, just so happens to be affiliated with the patron, just so happens to be the very one to kill the firbolg's kinsmen and get them blamed, just so happens to have been under the tyrant the gnome killed.

At least by making the patron 'use' a dormant construct's body it's more 'The patron themself is out to get the party for disrupting their plans' sort of a thing. Have it tie in with each character, but I at least believe it shouldn't be the sole problem of every character in the party's life, it just sounds too.. Surreal.
Suspension of disbelief and all that.

But, well, I don't know the campaign as well as you would, I guess.

Should've stopped the guy in the middle of putting on all the rings. That's the slippery slope of corruption right before your eyes if ever there is one.
Now, all you can do is remove his hand.

>character in my party finds 10 rings
>examines them and concludes that 8 of them are magic and 2 aren't
>puts on the 2 that he thought weren't magical
>one of the two rings curses him to be a greedy fuck who hoards everything
>immediately puts on the other 8 rings
>while putting on one of the rings, DM tells him to choose a party member
>he chooses me
>my character is suddenly overcome with an uncomfortable sensation like maybe I was cursed

what do I do

A bell

Hm, interesting.

Lamp

>casting animate dead while ringing your bell

That's a pretty cool idea

So for "Religious"/Light themed non-Cleric or Paladins we have

>Theurge Wizard
>Zealot Barbarian
>Inquisitive Rogue
>Undying Light Warlock (Kind of)
>Favored Soul

What are some "Light" themed archetype ideas for Ranger, Fighter (Knight and similar ones could fit but that's more of a background thing) and Bard?

Druid and Monk I'd say half counts, as they've got religious themes.

Cast Remove Curse

>Ranger

favored enemy is fiends

p gud taste user

Is there a celestial-descendent Sorcerer like the Dragon Sorcerer?

5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/classes.html#Sorcerer,Favored Soul (UA)

We're all level 4.The only wizard we know charges more money than the entire party has. Actually when the ring thing happened we were already on a quest to raise enough money to buy a different favor from the wizard.

The Unearthed Arcana on the 30th should have new sorcerer subclasses, so there might be one then.

I suppose if I take Life Domain, but I was hoping for more of a light/healing focus. Any suggestions for what to replace Martial proficiencies and Extra Attack with?

Fingers crossed.

Your character might figure it's the ring's doing. Perhaps you might covet it for yourself, either to keep, inspect it for curses, or to simply destroy out of paranoia.

Cut off the character's hands and burn them. Trade the rings to the Wizard in exchange for the spell you wanted and him getting a cleric to regrow your friends hands

Beat up the wizard and force him to cast

I just looked at the catalog and lost my shit.

>Class or archetype you've yet to see and want an official release
A cold centric caster, like a Winter domain for Cleric or Icy Heart Sorcerous Origin.

Making a Sword-and-Board Paladin, using Rapier for style reasons.

I currently have 20 Charisma.

Should I get 18 Strength and have Full Plate.

Or should I have 16 Dex, and use Half-Plate with Medium armour mastery.

Holy-Archer style Paladin.

You know the reason there isn't a rivalry between /5eg/ and /pfg/ is because we already know how terrible pigfucker general is and just don't bring it up, right?

well played user, but why stop with 1. Make it 7. Go full Abhorsen

Ah man, I remember reading those books when I was a kid and really enjoying them. Apparently Garth Nix has written two more books recently. Do you know if they are any good?

Remove Curse is a 3rd level spell, meaning a level 5 full caster should be able to do it. Find a level 5 caster(either the wizard you know or someone else) that a party of level 4 adventurers can force into casting a spell for them under threat of torturerapedeath.

Just 8 hours from now ill be playing an Alchemist in a near two year running level 12 game. I cant friggan wait but I also want to make this character as interesting as possible. My group has gotten better but can be a bit shaky on roleplay and character building and since im the senior guy at the table I always try and set a good example. So heres what im going for thus far

>>Alchemist with Healer feat Herbalism Kit and Healing Draught to be the healiest
>>Goggles of Night and Comprehend languages helm fluffed out as mask and hat of a Plague Doctor for my first two items from class
>>DM is cool with grabbing a few magic items of my choice and a dagger of warning to combine with defensive duelist as my only regular weapon
>>Mounted Combat and Cavaliers saddle to ride my Robo-Vulture and keep him alive
>>Still gotta check how barding works and if they need armor proficiency
>>Thunderstone and Swift step for other alchemy items
>>RPing as a friendly doctor that says unintentionally creepy things and never takes his mask off
>>Named Dr.Kein Richtiger Arzt

If any of you folks got any ideas for quirks mechanically or RPwise drop it.I want this character to be really memorable and fun

Nothing wrong with that.

Going to be playing a favoured soul sorcerer gish - most likely assimar.

Should I
go 3 level dip into devotion paladin
or eldritch knight 11 / sorc 9?

for former it'd be something like
paly 2 / sorc 1 / paly 3 / sorc the rest

and for the Eldritch knight something like

fighter 1 / sorc 4 / fighter til 9 / sorc 10 / fighter until extra attack (2) / rest in sorc.

Either way at this stage it'll be a dex build most likely.

Tips? Ideas? What am I forgetting.

>obviously whilst ive kind of mapped out the progression for a full 20 levels I don't expect the game to go that long, I just like to forecast thats all.

I've seen posts about using the Artificer UA to make the Darkest Dungeon Plague Doctor, but would it work to make the Antiquarian?

>As a monk
So "just have disavantage to every roll" on top of loosing lots of monk's defining features like martial arts? say no more

>Examines them and concludes that 8 of them are magic and 2 aren't
>puts on two that he thought weren't magical
>gets cursed

Wait did he even cast Detect Magic and Identify?
If he did then the DM is a tard.
If he didn't then he is a tard.

>Monks
>Religeous themes

Please, monasteries are just mages guilds for muscle wizards.

No.
Sadly not.

There's one ''holy'' archetype in the Favoured soul Sorcerrer who is someone who was granted the chance to finish one task they couldn't abandon and the gods approoved of before they move to the afterlife.

As for outsiders being used for sorcerrer blodlines...
They are kinda done as races already (Aasimar and Thiefling)

>If he didn't then he is a tard.

yes

Think I'm going to try this.

Go Swashbuckler / Sorcerrer.
It's the best gish combo.

I don't see it, can you explain why/how?

Swashbuckler gives you all the standard Rogue features and the following:
>Your initiative is boosted by your Cha mod
>When you hit a target in melee you can get out scoff free without taking the disengage action.
>You can provoke targets to attack you and impose disadvantage on them once per turn by doing a persuasion roll from a 90 ft range.
>Advantage on all athletics and accrobatics checks

Variant human with medium armour master seems best for that.

Still sucks in comparison to PAM, but you can then increase your charisma instead of having to increase dex/strength beyond 16.

>Go Swashbuckler / Sorcerrer.
>It's the best gish combo.

Faith Sorc + Undying Light is the best Gish
Quicken Greenflame blade with chamod on both dmges.

If you're multiclassing, don't go favoured soul. You'll get armour and weapon proficiencies anyway along with extra attack if you take enough levels of the other thing.
Not to mention, GFB/BB works with war magic but not extra attack.

If you're going for a dex build, you probably want to focus on GFB/BB over extra attack. That means I'd recommend focusing on boosting GFB. Fire dragon sorcerer, a level of undying light warlock if your DM allows that (maybe two levels if you want a ranged option) and two levels of paladin.

Of course, your DM might allow bullshit multiclassing if they allow slightly-bullshit races.

Swashbuckler/Dragon Sorcerrer(Gold/Red)/UA Undying light

Gets to do the same thing, has expertise,cunning action ,sneak attack , + Cha mod on initiative and free retreat after making a melee attack.

Actually, as I'm reading from other people, you do want a retreat option. I'd recommend the 'mobile' feat actually, as you don't have to delay your spell and metamagic progression by taking three levels of swashbuckler, although some of those rogue features are nice.

How much better is a Life Cleric at healing than a more combat oriented one?

+3 HP for a level 1 spell slot doesn't seem all that much compared to the level 1 benefits other archetypes get, though I guess healing channel divinity seems useful.

I think there's no such thing as armour proficiency for mounts. Even the war horse (most likely to have this proficiency) has no sign in its stat block, so I think you're fine.
The only thing for a flyer would be the heavy weight, but as it's a mechanical one, you're already breaking the laws of physics, it's gotta be magical, so I see no reason for it not to be 'more' magical.
I really like the alchemist /healer combo - I thought of it myself when I was first reading the class - I hope it goes well!

Trips checked and a fine thank you.I was debating a more direct combat orientated robot for a while especially with barding but as I got worried about prof. I looked at flying mounts and figured a Vulture fit too well.Its actually kinda shitty compared to the Giant Eagle but im sure it will work out. A few hours sleep and ill report if anyones interested in how it functions in actual play

Healing channel divinity is great.
Life cleric's level 1 feature works best with goodberry. Otherwise, it's somewhat alright.

Take healing word for example. With +3 wisdom, it only heals on average 5.5, though that's a bonus action. Life cleric does that a fair bit better.

For combat, it's not like lfie cleric loses out at all. You still get most of the offensive options and such, though you might not get, say, destructive wave at level 9 like tempest cleric does.

Iunno, maybe something like PF's Magus, or something that makes using shields even slightly worth it when compared to GWM.
I just never feel like taking a shield, since they don't really offer that much.

+3hp when someone's max hp is about 10 is pretty big. Remember that you roll at least 1 on the die, and get your WIS mod, so your minimum heal is really strong. Reliable, don't need to cast heals as often.
You also have healing on your always prepared list, which actually makes you more versatile, because you always have the things you'd always be using slots on anyway (same with bless).

You can't multiclass the same class.

Take cooking utensil tool proficiency. Insist on cooking all the monsters.
Read 'Dungeon Meshi' if you need cooking inspiration.

You don't have to pick up that idea, but it's a great idea for artificers in general since they get tool expertise.

That's Rogue/Sorcerrer/Warlock.
How bad is your reading comprehension?

fug

Kinda did that with a Gourmand Bard a little while back when that UA dropped in a side game.Still a cool idea though

Favored soul with a paladin dip is good.

Paladin dip with undiying light bladelock Aasimar (the sub race that does dmg in AoE) is spectacular.

Devotion paladin 4-5 (for feat, and char to hit)
Undiying warlock x -> char to dmg while smiting or green flame blade.
Explode as an aasimar, do char + half lvl Aoe plus lvl + char to one targe every round durin 10 rounds, once per day.
Greenflame blade one melee attack +1d8+char and deal 2d8+2xchar to another. At lvl 5
Can hex

Idk man the fucking charisma to damange and the two smites per short rest is so fucking sweet, that in a optimization heavy game i would go 1 lvl of warlock at least.

As of now I'm on the fence of going Life for Better Berries or Arcana for smacking niggas with damage and still being able to heal.
Either way I'll have Goodberry so that's the main reason I was looking at Life since it seems really efficient for out of combat healing.

That Heavy Armor and Spiritual Weapon were the main appeals to Life for me.

How about
>You are proficient in the Performance skill. As an action, you can sing an insulting song, forcing enemies that can hear and understand you to make a Wisdom saving throw against your Charisma (Performance) check. Enemies that lose the contest have disadvantage on attack rolls until the start of your next turn.

nigga spirits guardian of the war domain is the shit.
3d6 per round dmg AOE that only affect enemies. That shit was more awesome that the fireball of my wizard.

Spine-staff, it's a classic
Yeah, please do!
2AC is pretty meaty, if you're not desperate to use that hand for something

Bloated munchkin pathfaggotry.

Not your cup of tea eh. Its just an option for those who are looking for something gish without having to multiclass.

>Maximum Buzzwords
Mechanically it's not even that great aside from the "hurr, extra force damage against concentrating casters" cantrip. It's 1 class, buddy. 4 archetypes is nothing. The fucking wizard has 12 of them.

>Is there any french players willing to help me?
>I will DM the mines of phandelver for a group of friends but they aren't really english friendly
>Is there a place where I can look for traduction/localisation of the set or even just discuss and look at what other DM did with it, in french obviously
>I know it's not really the place to ask but I didn't find anything close to Veeky Forums
>I already start some trad myself but I would gain a considerable amount of time and could directly start to prepare my campaign instead
>Thanks

>Is there a class or archetype concept that you have yet to see, and would like an official release?
Binder.
Not sure if it deserves to be it's own class in terms of fluff, but making it a warlock archetype would take away everything that makes binders unique.
Maybe just re-utilize a similar mechanic but instead of giving Pact Magic goetian flavour go for something more shamanistic? Sure it's a downgrade when you don't have Astaroth, Savnok or Paimon at your side, but that would make the class overlap less with Warlock and also give canonically more savage races like lizardfolk/orcs/goliaf/etc. another fitting class option. Or can "shamanism" be considered getting into druid territory already?
Speaking of druids, I know it'd be hard to balance, but I'd like to see alternative wildshape options for new archetypes, something in the vain of Aberrant Wild Shape feat from 3,5 Lords of Madness. Or maybe swarm wild shapes? Why not?
Also, there is a serious lack of far realmy options, you basically have only GOOlocks and, in a certain way, mystics, since they get their abilities by getting doused in cthulhu radiation. We've got plenty of demonic and fey stuff already.

So my party is steadily moving towards the dungeon climax vs the corpse-stealing mad scientist and his Flesh Golem bride.
What are some good legendary actions or lair actions for such an encounter? Party is level 3/4

>hurr u get +1 and then +2 and then +3 are you erect yet

Goddamn do we need a binder in 5e, and it'd work well.

A human skull, bonus points for monologuing to it.

Has anyone used the material from this?

Yep it does that and all of the archetypes make it so you can remove the buff and do something else with it, good synergy stuff built in there.

How can they live with themselves?

I'm not entirely keen on adding what is basically a second, more detailed variant of the goolock, but I love the druid circle, especially the devour-assume form mechanic.
Really grants me eyes on the inside.
Other subclasses are pretty great as well.

Why does weebshit bother you on a weebshit website?
I mean shit, I've stopped watching it many years ago but if a pair of drawn titties triggers you so much maybe there are other more fitting communities for you.

>if you don't want to watch two obese virgin neckbeards pretend to be cute girls, you belong to reddit!
K.

You sound really autistic.
Drawn titties are normal but your and their fetishes are really fucking creepy.

nobody is making you watch brah. shiet, makes me wonder about your deviancy... if youre into that sort of thing. not judging, just an observation.

>if you whine about two obese virgin neckbeards pretending to be cute girls on a website marketed towards obese virgin neckbeards pretending to be cute girls, you belong on reddit!
ftfy

I wouldn't call it munchkin, but I don't really feel it doing anything special or particularly good.

I suppose bard isn't too bad for it either.
But, yeah, if you're already done it, eh.
Don't forget you can use infuse magic to cast spells that would otherwise be self-only on other people, I think.

You can still do good out of combat healing with prayer of healing and suchlike. But.. Eh. I guess if you have a big healing burden on you.

Don't mention it.

We have a silent agreement - We don't talk about /pfg/, they don't invade and shit our threads up. Many pathfinder players even say they actually think 5e is better overall, even if maybe they're staying for various reasons such as already being used to pathfinder.

that said I'm not against weeabooness in D&D

If you find /pfg/ normal then your level of deviancy is off the charts.>Why does weebshit bother you on a weebshit website?
>I mean shit, I've stopped watching it many years ago but if a pair of drawn titties triggers you so much maybe there are other more fitting communities for you.
t. obese virgin neckbeard

hey user, im not the one watching neckbeards pretend to be girls, thats on you. kek!

>DEGENERATES LIKE YOU BELONG ON A CROSS

Good on you for making shit up, you must be really proud.
Stop being a delusional obese virgin neckbeard.

What the fuck are you blathering about?
Why are you being this defensive? and sensitive

>wears skirts
>calls others deviants
legion more like FAFETS amirite

Also thanks for the assassins fags, can always use more free caps from selling their shit.

>making shit up
>makes baseless assumptions about anons because he got triggered off cartoon titties

you live a sad life user, and you have my pity. good luck in your endeavors, whatever they may be.

>calls someone sensitive
>after getting triggered by cartoon girls with colourful hair
>on a taiwanese basket-weaving forum
>with a gook admin
>and a loli maskot
>that used to have j-list onahole ads less than a month ago
At least tell me you've played the second best Fallout game.

Goddamn are you being delusional and hypersensitive. You're protesting and legitimatizing your deviance way too much. We get it, you're insanely deviant, it's okay.

>delusional
Where?
>protesting and legitimizing
Against what and for what purpose?
This is Veeky Forums, there is nothing to "legitimize".

Built a new character after my last one died off.

Fighter 1 / Undying light warlock 2 / favoured soul sorc 2.

Going into warlock 11 and sorc 8.

Going to be spamming eldritch blasts all day erry day

Let's go back to talking about why the death save system sucks for hardcore gamers,
why oathbreaker paladin's level 7 ability is broken,
why rolling for stats the 'regular' way sucks,
why having absolutely no crit failures whatsoever ever is lame
why all the commonly accepted homebrew classes don't bring anything to the table
why casters should be nerfed for the endgame
why martials should get more utility to bring them up to par with casters
why we need to make slings viable again by shield+sling
how to redesign the monk class
how to redesign warlock to make gish an option for them
how to redesign sorcerer to make them not a shitty wizard archetype
how to rebalance feats to make them all viable options
and
maybe make an optional extra book for an 'extra feats' rule which gives players feats from a new list of feats every few levels. Fun stuff that gives players more options in combat and out of combat, not blatant powercreep like +1 AC. Stuff like 'You get an additional alchemist concotion earlier' for alchemists or 'you get an elemental at-will ability' for four-elements monk.

>why all the commonly accepted homebrew classes don't bring anything to the table
>commonly accepted homebrew classes
Such as?

Pugilist, Magus, Bloodhunter

Say, pugilist doesn't really do anything you can't do with some combination of monkiness, roguiness and barbarianiness.

>why casters should be nerfed for the endgame
Because true polymorph
>Be able to create a utopian/hellish landscape+population if given enough time, along with infinite dragon army
>spend 12 days making 12 archmages with wish to give the main caster himself resistance to all damage, and a 13th one to cast clone for him
>can use true polymorph to make infinite magic items and infinite wealth without any drawbacks

That is why martials should be buffed further/casters should be nerfed