/hhg/ aka Horus Heresy General XIX

Rolled 5 (1d20)

S l o w e s t thread claim ever edition.
Alpharius' model sub
8ball was consulted on a variety of topics, lots of Sallies were posted and user posted some overtly stripy Iron Warriors. Apparently /hhg/ hates Fortifications, what the fuck guys I thought you were cool. Open day BINGO, everyone grab a ticket, some user proposed that replacing destroyer rad grenades with spheres of annihilation might make their points cost worth it. Another user made a stormaris lightning strike fighthawk. More in ye oldde threadde >HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>White Dwarves
>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf
>November 16
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
>Will of Iron
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ldW8jtV2jG0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Dark Angels are loyal.

>S l o w e s t thread claim ever edition.
Finally we can have a pleasant discussion when all the normies are outside. REEEEEEEEE

We should refresh the bread pasta, there's a couple of old or redundant links in it.

Also, claiming the XIXth for the XXth.

>implying normies post firsts

>implying I'm not a normie
What I meant was the last thread was the only good one this week. Hating fortifications is a nice change.

Fourth for the fourth!

The only people that should be loving fortifications are the IF, and maybe IW too if there's sufficient ammounts of razorwire involved.

So, is this is Wishlisting for Inferno thread?
Because this is now the Wishlisting for Infurno Thread.
Tell me your darkest desires for the VIIth HH book.
>>implying normies play HH

Psychic Cataphract Robots.

>Game against SA
>Sicaran venator in reserve because goind 2nd sucks
>Reserve roll succes
>Moves onto the table from an angle that allows it to shoot the side of a somewhat damaged Malcador
>Lights the fucker up like a fucking christmas tree on fire
>Catastrophic explosion kills half my troops and half of the SA (that's what you get for infiltrating with AL I guess)
>Turn after that the brave sicaran venator that could gets shot by a lascannon and explodes
>mfw

>Tell me your darkest desires for the VIIth HH book.

Destroyer RoW for all legions
Furibundus Dreadnought
For Inferno to release us from this inferno.

We get a preview of Sanguinius' model on the release day.

Not doing it on the shoulders because I want the transfers to be visible, so torso it is.

Nice termie squad. Got a pic?

Iron within iron without!

>Tell me your darkest desires for the VIIth HH book.

To make /HHG/ great again.

You seem to be confused.

Tell me, do Iron Warriors cry themselves to sleep knowing that they will NEVER be Imperial Fists?

That's an Iron Hands marine.

So does everything have to look all regimented in this, or can we have some variation? I want to have all my Reductor Artillery with slightly different barrels and the Adsecularis with lots of different poses, because they're DarkMech so they can do the "lobotomised horde of cultists" thing.

Also, where's a good place to get servitors? I need some for my Baneblad's Autokrator crew, some to man the artillery and some to work with the Enginseers, and that adds up to about 15.

No

>Walk around looking like bananas

While they're obviously not the focus, I hope FW throw DA, WS and BA players a bone, maybe one legion-specific unit each (just rules, not models).

Iron warriors don't sleep, by the time they've constructed a pillow fort on their bed of sufficient sturdiness, it's time for breakfast. It's why they're so cranky all the time.

If only I had my MoS with me, I would have noticed that.
Couldn't they just use yesterdays fort?

Where can I find relics from HH?

No because by the time it comes to sleep they have already advanced further into IF territory.

Anyone here tried the Crassius Armoured Assault Transport? Seems relatively cheap for a transport capacity 35 super heavy.

Another Gargantuan effort to move Perty's razorwire six inches closer to Terra.

We still need SW, NL, BA, IH, U, TS and WB warlord trait lads.

What are the DA ones?

Son of Caliban: The Warlord and 1 unit in his detachment have the Monster Hunter Special Rule
Intractable: The Warlord and any unit they join automatically pass morale tests fromt shooting attacks
Starfire Legate: Units in the Warlord's detachment reroll any failed To Hit rolls of 1 when using Plasma weapons
Brilliant Planning: As long as your Warlord is alive and on the battlefield you may add or subtract one from any of your reserve rolls
Arboreal Nemesis: The Warlord and any unit they join treat forests as open terrain and ignore any cover saves granted to enemy units by forests
Child of Terra

Yet both can still never be an Ultramarine.

Funnily enough, the Salamander player at my FLGS has the opinion that IF are the Ultras of 30k.

user, please.

>>Arboreal Nemesis: The Warlord and any unit they join treat forests as open terrain and ignore any cover saves granted to enemy units by forests
Kek

Here are some for Blood Angels:
The Hell Rider: The Warlord and up to D3 units arriving from reserves by Deep Strike roll a single D6 for scatter. These units must be of either Jump Infantry, Jetbike, Skimmer or Flyer unit type. In addition, if any of these unit types, the Warlord and any unit he joins gain the Skilled Rider special rule.
Echo of Signus: The Warlord gains the Fear and Hatred special rules.
The Shadow of the Angel: For the duration of any challenge he is in, the Warlord gains the Feel No Pain(5+) and Eternal Warrior special rules.

Is it possible to be too glossy?

Yes, yes it is.

Progress on diorama. Honestly in a bit over my head to be honest. The iron guy up front is going to be an Iron Hand ( I'm going to wash him 3 times in black, to differentiate him from the black of the Dark Angel, Raven Guard, and Katulan Reaver).

also the Imperial fist is all fucked up. I'm going to strip him and redo him.

Give the whole model a really thinned down agrax wash (assuming the agrax will stick to it). It'll dull down the recesses at least.

On the contrary, they need more gloss.

What of the sallies ?

Nice. I like the white scars leg.

He looks like he's pissing blood

IF looks like he's running his finger on the blade to lick it.

More seriously they all look cool

thanks. btw on colors, I was thinking of making the guns white and the tabards, leather straps and head crests black. Might it be too busy?

Wouldn't be too busy as you'll have 2 main colours, a weapon spot colour and black which doesn't overly draw the eye. Should be fine, but if you're unsure just do one and see if you like it.

Music time. youtube.com/watch?v=ldW8jtV2jG0 I have no idea which legion that fits. Honestly it's more of an Ork and IG song.

Drakeslayer: One of the Warlord's weapons gains +1Str. For Combi-weapons, both parts are affected.
Disciple of the Promethean Creed: The warlord gains IWND, in addition every unit within 6" (including the warlord's own) gains the Stubborn rule.
Unyielding Spirit: The warlord gains the Fearless special rule, in addition each unit within 6" of the warlord add +1 to their Ld.
Into the Fires of Battle: The Warlord has Furious Charge, his unit gains Hammer of Wrath. If they already had the rule, they inflict D3 HoW hits instead.
Unto the Anvil of War: The Warlord gains Stubborn, he and the unit he's attached to gains Counter Attack
Lord of Cinders: Designate D3 Infantry squads. Their Flamer-type weapons reroll To-Wound rolls of one.

These are all fanmade, right?

Yes. In these very threads.

>SW

I'll bite.

-Mark of the Wulfen: Gains Rending.
-Executioner: Once per game, close combat attacks cause ID.
-Hunter's Spirit: Gains Scout.
-Marked for Death: Gains PE towards enemy Warlord (and his unit?)
-Chosen by Fenris: Accompanied by two Fenrisian wolves that do not take up transport space. All wounds suffered are first allocated to the wolves.
-Hot Blooded: Gains Hatred and Rage.

>Lord of Cinders

Buffs for Domitar and Thanatar Calix. Nothing major, just maybe +1 Attack on Domitars, +1 shot and sunder on the Calix's gun or a better invulnerable save on both. I want melee cybernetica to be good, but it really really isn't.

such candy, sooo dandy!

Haven't painted for 2 months lads so excuse any hiccups, should I go for this colour scheme...

Or this one I painted up a while ago? Tried to a metallic red but it didn't work like user said it wouldn't. Fuck Angron Red too, I'd need a much darker red.

will give it a shot, I got the idea from this guy

>tfw when two traits out of the original post survived through the wrath of /hhg/
I'm still a little sad to see the "every model in one infantry unit have their weapon get master-crafted" trait is gone :^)

I prefer the black shoulders and slightly darker red. The silver trim on the Mk III looks really good too.

Now put them on a Christmas Tree!

Looks very cool ! I wish my painting skills were at this level

Very nice. You get a reward.

Can you post the way you painted these?

>Furibundus
Was googling furibundus when pic related popped up.

Inferno in August confirmed

Isn't the one on the left been updated into the Cortus?

Deredeo, Contemptor and Furibundus were the 3 Rogue Trader era dreadnought types.

Modern Contemptor took the name of one of them and the visuals of the Epic HH era dreadnought. Deredeo took the other name and put it on an OC donut steel. What they do with Furibundus remains to be seen, if they do anything with it.

Thanks for reminding me.

You gave me faith, brother.

Signals from the frontlines, boys.

Raven Guard and Fists/Custards vs Mech and SA/Mech

>We fucking suck
>Pls give us real rules
>We beg of you

>raven guard vs the faction with all the cover-reducing stuff
RIP in pieces beakies.

Beakies ended up winning, though it was bloody. He doesn't play sneaky beakies, the army had three levis, if anything he plays Terran beakies.

That's it, I'm spent. Anyone else got any pics from recent games?

What's the green machine in the bottom left there?

Now that right there is very nice.

I want them to make a Furibundus because having a single Eddy, Chuck and Fury would please me.
And also annoy the guy who gets annoyed when I called Dreads Chucks and Eddies.

Looks like a Solar Auxilia Dracosan to me.

That friend is a Dracosan

I'll pass the praise along to the painter

>Inferno

TRIGGERED

Be sure to do it.
Have an awoo to ease that feeling.

>Inferno in August confirmed

Now the real question is August of which year ...

Did the IF player DS the termies with Siggy?

How do Crusade era jump packs compare to 40k era jump packs? I know Zso Sahaal tweeked the mk4 packs to give Raptors limited flight and all but how do the mk2 packs do?
Does Leman go awoo?

Here's 2500 points of Iron Hands I came up with, please comment and give me your advice on potential modification.

HQ:
Legion Centurion
Forge Lord, Cataphractii Armour, Cyber Familiar, Rad Grenades

Elite:
Gorgon Terminators
4 Power Fists, Cyber Familiar for the Hammer Bearer

Troops:
Legion Breacher Siege Squad
2 Graviton Guns, Legion Vexilla, Artificer Armour and Power Weapon for sgt.

Legion Breacher Siege Squad
2 Graviton Guns, Legion Vexilla, Artificer Armour and Power Weapon for sgt.

Heavy Support:
Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought
Atomantic Pavaise, Blessed Autosimulacra

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought
Atomantic Pavaise, Blessed Autosimulacra

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon
2x Leviathan with Grav Flux Bombard, Leviathan Siege Claw, 2 Volkite Calivers, Armoured Ceramite and Phosphex Discharger

Lord of War:
Ferrus Manus

Rite of War:
Head of the Gorgon

Tactics: Ferrus and the Forge Lord go with the Gorgons and push forwards with the Deredeos providing them and the Leviathans with better invulnerable saves,
Breachers secure objectives, screwing with enemy movement through graviton guns and the Leviathan and Deredeo Deathstar pushes into the hardest part
of enemy forces, being repaired by Ferrus and the Forge Lord, and if that fails then they have a 6+ hull point regeneration from free Blessed Autosimulacra and
IWND from Ferrus Manus.

What the fuck, everything about Death Guard screams comfy. And I don't even like them.

Ah, I see it now - I've not seen one in person, so a top-down view was a bit confusing.

it's almost tempting to do the old eavy metal snot green bases... but i'll pass

They don't complain, they get their job done, and they don't mind their dad's smell. Be do know that Typhus did remove all of the comfort by well you know.

Very much a fan of the dread death star, it's a cool idea. And the free Blessed Auto. can be very good if your opponent doesn't outright kill your vehicles. Foot slogging Ferrus and termies would be not recommended because of the Ld checks to run, which failing one could put you in a bad position. Dealing with armour at range might be hard if Deredos get killed, but they end up being tough, so just keep them safe.

Yup. It was hammerfall rite of war, they were also accompanied by a psychic doctor knight errant who rolled invisibility. If it wasn't for an intercepting thanatar the game would have been pretty much over.

Which paints did you use to achieve that gorgeous ruby red on the marines?

Oh gotcha. That does sound pretty scary and almost WAAC, but I guess not against robots

>dateraped into chaos

You'd think that would've been the EC

Actually that happened in the old fluff.

It's only WAAC cos he actually got invis. That being said interceptor took care of it, otherwise it wouldn't have even been a game desu. Despite that I will still say interceptor was a mistake

Somehow those DG look like the Bee Gees in that pic