What does your character want?

Justice

Some warm pajamas.

The snazziest hat.

l want a good girl but l need bad pussy

Central Air Conditioning

To see your head on a spike

Knowledge. All of it.

What he thinks he wants is power, lots of it, all of it.

He's actually just terrified of being alone.

To be able to cook eggs in the morning without getting the yolk everywhere.

Oath of Devotion [Honor] - Paladin
I once decided to save a life of a succubus. She sworn not to betray an oath she made to me (Not to do ill to unarmed people) and we had an affair for a while, she used to travel and adventure with me. But one day when we faced a strong opponent she teleported me out when I was in danger. I came back to see the monster killed and her gone, now I seek to find her so we could reunite one day. Suspicious that the demons got her under the influence again I became a sort of a demon hunter,

A quiet life.

I want to live just long enough to be there when they put your head on a pike as a warning to future generations that some favors come at too high a cost. I want to be there and wave. Just like this!

Who cares what you want? You're just going to die before you accomplish it, anyway.

>Getting the quote wrong.

You could have just looked it up on wikiquote or something.

To crush his enemies, to see them driven before him and to hear the lamentation of their womenfolk.

God's love.

To aid in disaster relief, and when there's downtime, good booze and good sex.

money and friends

to purge the unclean

She just wants to stop being surrounded by such idiots.

Then maybe unite the Germanic peoples of Europe under one banner.

For everything to be the way it used to be.

Orc Dick

Perfect justice, perfect order, nobody gets to have any fun, everybody knows their place, and she's supervising it all.

Same as this feller or lady

To colonize Dinosaur Island.

I want your pious booty!

Money
but they don't realize what they really want is friends

He wants revenge and his honor back. What he needs is forgiveness.

Life cleric-chan is not for sexual. She is for chaste, platonic headpats after heals.

And bullying by telling her that her god isn't the best.

Money

And a really really really big dog

Nope, she's getting the Unholy Burst Vorpal Dick tonight!

Everything.

>Life cleric-chan
You mean White Mage?

You mean healbot?

The unification of all the Germanic volk under one banner.

Gehenna.

Why is Christ-chan so dreamy?
I'm not even religious...

Another fight to win. Another purse of coin made keeping outlaws and monsters BTFO. Another tavern that cheers his name. Another drink on the house. Another drink on the house. A warm bed. Another drink on the house. For the wizard to put down her spellbook for a few minutes and finally notice him. For the bard to stop trying to accelerate the process, because it isn't working. For the rogue to stop beating him in Liar's Dice (he won't). For the cleric to stop being so damned creepy (she won't).

Me too, user.

Char 1: To fix the swordmasters problem of apocalyptic undead invasion
Char 2: To be rid of Satan's influence over him
Char 3: Remember, or rediscover, what he did what he did when he was alive and what happened thereafter

To find a purpose to his life and to know if it's possible to truly live for that purpose.

To free his homeland from the lich that conquered it.
>Dead
To complete his quest to slay the bison headed minotaur cult leader and go home and be a family man.
>Dead
Literally no motivation or desire whatsoever, just to be a murder hobo.
>Lives a long healthy life, acquiring money and getting bitches. Retires happily
Why does this happen? Why does every character I actually put any thought into end up cursed by the dice gods while the walking stat block has no problems?

Make his town great again!

He wants to help, he's just not very good.

A non-homicidial party.

To leave the boundaries of the known cosmology.

He wants to become a gang leader, and for people to stop seeing him as that bleeding heart janitor from the retiree home.

To build a race in his own image (He's a one-off Warforged) and vecome their god.

Parents, safety, to not be eaten alive out in the wasteland.

To find his memories and protect his friends.

Companions that don't sidetrack in order to become some edgy villain from their favorite anime.
At least the GM prevents it.

He wants his goddamn farm back.

A secure power source and regular upgrades.

Same here, my way of searching for christ's salvation is repenance and monster genocide.

Enough money to not have to worry about money

I could've, but I was feeling lazy and wanted to just post. Alternatively
>Shitposting about getting the quote a tiny bit wrong.
You could've just smiled and moved on, cockbite.

He's just, like, very spiteful.

The swashbuckler wants fame, glory, and to do everything and everyone worth doing. Also good fights, she loves good fights.

The socialite/diplomat just wants daddy to approve of her. He is a fae merchant prince with dozens of half-human children who all crave and fight for his approval. Fortunately she Exalted as an Eclipse Solar, unfortunately he fears her now and exiled her. That just means she must try harder.

The Vampire merchant/socialite wants every kind of power she can get hands on, to the point of being downright fanatical in the pursuit of her ambitions. Though what she really wants is to be safe from anyone being able to hurt her ever again.

The Romulan starship captain wishes dearly she could have been an space opera singer. Now all she wants is that her duty be taken care of, so she can finally absolve herself of her guilt via suicide. She's manipulated, killed, and betrayed so many people for the good of the Empire, and she hates it, but she has to keep doing it because all the other nobles care only by their petty ambitions.

The space pirate captain wants to find a way to free her crew, the only thing in the universe she cares about, from the blond brat who is holding them hostage to force her cooperation. Ideally before he's finished reconquering his kingdom and makes her his queen. His bedchambers are loathsome enough already without being married to him.

The combat engineer Cybertronian mercenary just wants a fat paycheck for doing the only thing she's good at. Though she is also funding research into backing up Cybertronian conciousness in a bid to attain immorality. Yes the paychecks are that fat, millions of years of combat experience are expensive.

The Night Solar starfighter pilot wants to kill the Tyrant Sun for killing her queen (whose Exaltation she now holds). She also really wants the Sovereign who fell in love with her in battle, and switched sides to be with her, to fuck-up so she can kill him. This time she won't miss.

To become a mechanical god

Safety,

Also as to how they did in accomplishing their goals:

>Swashbuckler is so far on the path of getting exactly what she wants.

>Daddy caught magical sickness and was dying, leaving him scrambling for a worthy successor. He hoped his exiled daughter would be it, but she told him she was too mindfucked to be more than a more powerful version of her siblings, but she would try her best to hold up his domain regardless.

>The vampire is thus far is successfully climbing the power ladder, and has even ascended to Princedom, but she is also slowly realizing that she'll never, ever be safe.

>The Romulan is probably going to wind up Empress just to keep all the other idiots off the throne, and hating every minute of it.

>The blond brat already won. There's no way the captain can escape, and given time his powers can bend even a will as strong her's. The pirate crew are are already his. Eventually she shall be his as well, so she will be his queen and she will like it.

>Mercenary Cybertronian can keep doing what she's doing until someone gets lucky and kills her, but copying her spark will prove effectively impossible, so that will be the end. It was a good life though.

>Falls in love with the Sovereign in spite of herself, but refuses to admit until he forces her to by raping her. It works because she can't bring herself to kill him, or even hate him, thus proving her feelings. Defeating the Tyrant Sun is close to impossible even for Exalted, so this may take a while, but she could conceivably do it.

My character was just out to get groceries. Now he's stuck in the middle a holy crusade and somehow a pre-acolyte to an inquisitor. Dark Heresy is weird.

Seems like business as usual.

kek

PF: Have a good time.
Anima: Be a hero.
CP2020: Go legit.

All right. Fine! You really want to know what I want? You really want to know the truth? I want my people to reclaim their rightful place in the galaxy. I want to see the Centauri stretch forth their hand again, and command the stars! I-I want a rebirth of glory, a renaissance of power. I want to stop running through my life like a man late for an appointment, afraid to- to look back, or to look forward. I want us to be what we used to be! I want…I want it all back, the way that it was! Does that answer your question?

kill monsters and get money

My character wants to get enough money to start a travelling performance show

His kingdom back

The death of the gods

To not be surrounded by fucking sun children REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

He doesn't know, he thinks might just be going through the motions of living.

Slaying monsters is slightly helping.

One wants trophies of dangerous creatures and people to parade around town with, the other wants to experience adventures that people talk about in fables centuries down the line.

money, and elven pride,

My first one: To become a legend of chivalry, justice and goodwill. On a more personal level, to obtain a noble title so he can marry his sweetheart.

My upcoming one: To understand the Great Machine Spirit and reach enlightenment. Or become immortal. Whichever comes first.

Heaven brings forth innumerable things to nurture man.
Man has nothing good with which to recompense Heaven.
Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill.
— Zhang Xianzhong's "Seven Kill Stele"

Are those mink's eyes in that jar?

To travel the world, mastering magics of the realms before returning home to not-Egypt and deposing it of its traditions. And its Pharaoh.

them guts

THEM WALLS

To see the floating castles, underwater cities, undead cities, and flying whales she heard about in stories as a child.

Also fuck those assholes back in her home town.

To do my job, tell jokes, and if possible make the world a better place.

He just wants to go home, but that'll never happen.

To be whole again.

Propane and propane accessories.

Gold, women and booze.

which is why i plunder ancient tombs for treasure and jewelry to sell or give to tavern wenches and buy drinks to everyone.

fool proof plan really.

To resurrect his sister.

However, what he wants and what he needs are two very different things, and what he needs is probably to let go of what has become a very unhealthy obsession with his dead sibling.

Alas, the drums of tragedy beat to their own tune.

Mellon, galenas, GNAE

Russia defeated, Putin's head on a pike in Red Square, and a good hockey game.

To not be kept in my file cabinet waiting for the day I actually play a damn game instead of DMing.

checked

I wish to hear more about this.

So you're a jingoistic Canadian or a traitorous Russian?

That last bit is facetious

Everything.
I want it ALL.

A plantation where he can raise sugarcane and tobacco.

To be an adventurer.

Considering he started as a blacksmith apprentice and is now on the run from three loving provinces who wish to make him their king, I think he succeeded.

the power to gain more power

Oi that's my character

To kill all beasts

>What does your character want
To kill enough monsters to stop the nightmares
That and
Two story house with a back yard and white picket fence
A son and daughter with his waifu
too bad she's a soulless abomination that can't reproduce with humans

To get swole as fuck.