I honestly prefer the older model

I honestly prefer the older model.
Whatever about that being finecrap, old fateweaver/LOC looked like an intelligent bird wizard, this looks like an animal. Why is it screaming?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5ZeGCIiurmk
solegends.com/citcat1998/1998P130-02.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because it's the time of screeching mouths
youtu.be/5ZeGCIiurmk
it needed at least one closed beak and some cloth somewhere desu

the changeling got it worse anyway

I miss the robe.

You were making this same stupid complaint a couple days ago when it first came out - "the eyes are small it looks like a dumb beast".

First, that's an autistic complaint. Use more casual language, you weird fuck.

Second, the old model is hilariously dated. It's chunky, it's uneven, it's details are shite.

Third, the old model didn't look "wise", what about it communicated that? The eyes are big because they couldn't sculpt small details like that, same with its giant peg teeth. It looks exactly what it is - cartoonish, and from the early 90s.

i honestly think it just needs more robes, the sword option thrown to the bin and the weird things on the wing-tips removed

I think the model is an excellent Lord of Change, but not so great as Kairos.

The previous (good) Lord of Change is from the mid-00s.

Early 90s LoC was this beauty...

>narrower eyes, make it look like he's concentrating
>More reserved pose, with mouth in normal speaking position, not fucking screeching and lunging at the enemy
>Has more cloth, including cloth on heads, making it look more civilised as it's meant to invoke the white robes of the ancient greeks/romans
>book is bigger, older, more worn
>newer one has random ass lumps of gold in his flesh, look like peircings. Not what you usually associate with the old and wise.
But, nope, gotta be nostalgia.

romans didn't wear loincloths except in bath houses.

Fateweaver looks pretty neat. The old LoC looks like crap. Using them as comparables in the OP makes the whole point moot, or at least easily undermined.

this one quite literally has piercings

Don't particularly mind new changeling. I think the feel of the model is still kept the same, even if some of his aesthetic was changed up (the robes getting the gold trim, the magic trail)

I still prefer the silhouette of the previous one

the bird skull on the former changeling's staff was much more imposing too.

new one's just okay

Why the higher demoin of Tzeentch looks like a weird bird and not much more?

when will new sculptors finally learn that when you sculpt cloth, the edge should be sharp instead of being blunt like it's made out of thick rubber?

I mean they have digital tools now, they can perfectly make that happen. And it's plastic, it's not like bubbles might ruin the trim.

convert it

that's the big advantage of plastic
it's easy to work with

use your imagination and your bitz box

come up with shit

>I think the feel of the model is still kept the same
except the key element of being a flowing and convoluting robe, he's way too rigid now

yeah but the old one was just better

Prefer this one because I've already plundered the bird skull firmly Raven Guard on two separate occasions and I wanna do it again.

>mid-00s
late 90s

solegends.com/citcat1998/1998P130-02.htm

nah

Maybe your be happier in the old hammer thread jerking off over goofy hunchbacked space marines and retarded big headed monsters.

I like the new Lord of Change overall, looks really cool. I prefer the old Fateweaver, it just conveys the wizened look better. I like both changelings equally

I love my old fate weaver but and there is definitely a lot of tzeentchy charm about him but i hate the old generic LoC

>he said with a straight face

I wish they had done Kairos as a separate kit so he could be more overall aged and decrepit

I'll give it this, compared to some AoS models I've seen, this is almost tasteful. Almost.
See

While it does look a bit more "animal" I guess you can chalk that up to "well its chaos?" also I kinda like all the random shit going on, it keeps a bird like form but its still a greater Daemon on Tzeentch, I imagine it does have weird shit going on constantly

>duuuude
>waaat

The eyes are too small for a bird-like thing, in general.

New horrors, flamers and screamers of Tzeentch when?

they are literraly only 5 years old nigger

That's because birds overall tend to be medium-small sized. The bigger the animal, the smaller the eye in comparison. And Kairos is supposed to be HUGE. Proportion-wise, that is correct.

They look like shit regardless.

then don't play the army

I want to because magic shenanigans up the ass is an appealing concept.
I just abhor the look of the basic deamons of Tzeentch.
They look like crap, especially the horrors.

Meh, I might use the undead ghost thingies as stand ins or something.

Warped mutated and strange is the name of the game with Tzeentch that's how they have always been

Yes, but the horrors don't look really warped or mutated.
They just look like goofy pink doofuses with many limbs, making nasty faces.

I mean, look at these fucks.
They look like the retarded cousins of majin boo from Dragon Ball.

Though, I do admit that the basic idea does have some merits, and can look good, like picture related.

Unfortunately something about the older models makes them unappealing to me, whereas this one loos pretty good.

I enjoy them i also have some older ones mixed in

Looks like Samus should be forcing it to eat a super missile. Shit/10

I do agree that the silver tower horror looks great but the current horror box is still pretty good plus i find them fun to paint

I have to agree that while the old LoC looked like crap, the old Kairos looked fine. Much better than his overdesigned reincarnation. I will probably stick with it for now.

Its a fucking daemon not someones fucking grandpa you fucking shitbird.

the poses of the older ones are just retarded

people whine too much about the change from diazmonettes to the plastic ones, disregarding how got-tier the horrors sculpts were in comparison to this plastic kit

Christ that is looking good, fantastic work user

>fan-sculpture has better details than the official one
JUST

I didn't make it. In fact, I have no idea what the actual source is.

This paint scheme is way better than the first one they spoiled

oh well i saw the starting in a wip thread so i though you were him that still looks great

Between the keeper, the GUO and Bloodthirster, the Lord never really struck me as menacing enough.

I mean yeah, Tzeentch is the subvertive god, he doesn't revolve around ferocity in battle, however this is a battlefield unit, it's supposed to be angry and menacing. Making the birds more bestial seems like the right step to me.

>nah
shit taste pleb spotted

>Artisan sculpt of a single person who's a skilled outlier out of thousands of fans most of whom probably have 0 experience in model making has higher quality then the mass-produced one.

Jee, who would have guessed?

Ok, what the fuck happened?!?!

Why does GW keep on releasing shitty oversized monsters and plastic characters that're basically a downgraded version of the older ones?!!?
What happened to small, balanced and detailed (but not overdone) models like pic related?

Fuck, I miss metal minis.......

Blame the Riptide. Yet again Taufags ruin everything by rushing out to buy tons of giant models, and then they start shitting out a billion Imperial Knight variants and AoS centerpieces.

The very first big model was the DK and it wasn't even that popular.

Yeah, but you kind of expect those people to be working for gw if they're that much better than the staff that's currently there.

Kids want to have the biggest toy.

>small but cool and well-detailed models

I miss Fantasy

This thing towers over the Bloodthirster

Why is he a daemonlet?

I like this as a LoC, I don't like it as Kairos...

This kinda pisses me off, from all my understanding, the Lord of Change is mean to be like a major deamon, and even to see one meant it was a really big fucking deal, now they are like common place.

I thougt these were Celestial Lions fighting a demon horde. I threw up a little when I realised those are Simgarites.

Serious question though, are people really still playing AOS? I'm genuinly curious.

I mean this shot is just to show off the new models, wouldn't read too much into it.

*genuinely

Front row second model is 3rd party or something super rare I've never seen it in any of the Undead warbands I've faced over years.

>are people still playing aos?

Judging by how the game's been selling I'd say no.

Has it been that bad? Everything i have been hearing is counter, well at least i have noticed its starting to pick up.

The fuck is that from?

No, the very first big model was the Mumak from Lord of the Rings.

Injection molded plastic models have to worry about undercuts. Those bracelets for example. The fact that you mostly don't think about that limitation anymore shows how good GW has gotten in using computers to cut complex shapes for a mold.

you mean the guy in the middle?

If you type Mordheim Hunchback into google you can find him, but yeah, he's a pretty rare mini nowadays.

*correction* His actual name is Luthor the Hunchback. You can still find him on ebay with a bit of luck.

>Mordheim Hunchback
Interesting.
>Like some people have said 'Luthor' was originally made for Warhammer Quest.
>He was included in the box-set expansion 'catacombs of terror' out in 1995.

Ignore this tard. The Tzeentch army book, the bog standard one that is, no limited edition actually sold through it's first print run in less than a day.

KAIROS!

WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOU!?

Sylvaneth sold out too

People just hate Sigmaries and Borebound

I need a version of this one so colourful that it's harmful to your sight.

The true, Tzeentchian way.

Something like this scheme?

>I honestly prefer the older model.
this is not something anyone who had the displeasure of carting that stupid fucking turkey around for 15+ years would say

The robe going is a bit sad, but: It's plastic. I don't have to worry about wings snapping off in transit. It comes with head/wing/arm customization in the box. It is infinitely superior.

Except these days GW does much smaller, more conservative production runs of their releases than they used to so they don't end up with a ton of useless stock if something turns out to be unpopular.

Yes! Do you have the other one?

We need to get Savage Ork user on this, stat.

proof or just pulling it out of your ass? the only evidence we've got is a sell out and no one has any numbers

Thank you, user.

true line of sight my ass!

Those fucking hurt my eyes!
How do you paint something like that in real life?
is it even possible?

Yo, dawg, we heard so you liked contrast, so we- AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

part of it is lighting/editing

He knows, he's asking if it's possible to actually paint something like that. I too am curious.

absolutely, you need to get real Gus at highlighting and airbrushing. one guy at my old GW had a rainbow warriors army painted similarly. his land raiders looked like a snow cone

Vallejo flourescents. It would still be hard to get it quite like that without then bringing in the blacklight though.