Warhammer 40,000 General

Veeky Forums takes the bait edition

Old bait: >THIS IS THE LIST BUILDER. DON'T FUCKING ASK FOR IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library (soon the clowns will come back, with friends!)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

talonsalight.blogspot.fi/2016/11/november-19th-elliscon-tournament-first.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for sisters

First for Fall of Cadia epub already

3rd for the Empire!

Third for Abaddon gets his ass kicked by girls

Man. I was thinking I am shitposter with, FoC epub...
It's nice to knew I'm not alone.

>someone saved your shitposting and turned in to a general image

True, but the price is a bit of a deal-breaker. I'd be better suited making my own, I think. Kataphron arms/head, but what body? Maybe GSC enivironment suits? Those look OK.

Nope. Empire.

seventh for the better empire ( the human one )

nth for Vespid!

Just got back into the game recently, is there a new SM battleforce in the works? I saw there was a box of 30 marines and three drop pods, but is that it? Not a lot of variety considering what the old battleforce at least had, or something like the Ultima box.

There is no human empire in warhammer 40k
This is FUCKING IMPERIUM!!!! BITCH

What would happen if everything in the Tyranid codex was classified as a Beast alongside whatever they currently are now?

The imperium is also an empire
calm down fag

>is there a new SM battleforce in the works?
No. They just did the most recent round of big Battleforces and included Deathwatch rather than vanilla SM. The smaller battleforce boxes have been replaced by the "Start Collecting" boxes which are a very good value off retail. the New Armoured Assault boxes are good value too and each flavor of SM have one.

Imperium secundus, impire of Huron, crimson slaughter. Continue?

Yeah, I picked up the DA one and I'm making some Crimson Fists, but I saw the old stuff had like a predator (or razorback idk) and more variety with troop choices.

Thousand Sons Detachment Rules

>Aegis of Fate: Models with VotLW gain a 6+ Invulnerable save and the Fearless special rule.

>Channeling: At the beginning of your psychic phase, roll a D6 for each of your Thousand Sons characters on the table. Each result of a 5+ grants you an additional Warp Charge that turn. Psykers may add their Mastery Level to their roll.

Grand Coven Rules

>Lords of Arcane Might: Reroll Warlord Traits on Tzeentch table.

>Prosperine Cults: Each Psyker from this detachment must choose one of the following cults. They automatically gain psychic focus in that cult's associated discipline, and may reroll all failed Psychic Tests and Perils of the Warp result when manifesting or attempting to manifest Psychic Powers from their cult's discipline or from the Discipline of Tzeentch.
>[Cult]- [Associated Discipline]
>Pavoni- Biomancy
>Corvidae- Divination
>Pyrae- Pyromancy
>Raptora- Telekinesis
>Athaneans- Telepathy

>Chaos Space Marine Warband is added as a core choice for the Grand Coven

Does this seem fair and balanced?

Are IG Valkyries able to operate in vacuum?

Looks like 30k Mechanicus is getting a new open topped transport and more Secutarii. Fingers crossed for ia14

if i remember correctly they are able to do that

485/500 points
Librarian (1) - 135pts Psyker Master Level 2
1 Librarian: Force weapon, Storm bolter, Digital weapons

Tactical Squad (5) - 80pts
1 Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Chain sword
1 Tactical Marine: Heavy flamer, Bolt pistol
3 Tactical Marine: Boltgun, Bolt pistol
Razorback (1) - 90pts Dedicated Transport
1 Razorback: Lascannon and twin-linked plasma gun, Dozer blade

Tactical Squad (5) - 90pts
1 Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Combi-plasma
1 Tactical Marine: Meltagun, Bolt pistol
3 Tactical Marine: Boltgun, Bolt pistol
Razorback (1) - 90pts Dedicated Transport
1 Razorback: Lascannon and twin-linked plasma gun, Dozer blade

Force sword/Force axe on the librarian?
Do I add a marine on to the heavy flamer squad for my last 15 points?

They'd go really fast and stuff.

Source?

If true, an open topped transport would single-handedly make Electropriests viable.

Turn 2 charge then you have a 3++ combat blob camping in the enemy deployment zone.

That channeling thing is WAY overpowered.

Getting extra warp charges on at worst a 4+ on top of the warp charges they already get for just existing is insane.

Having a strong Psychic phase is nice, but this just completely shuts out any other army except Tzeentch Daemons.

Ofcourse they can. You didnt played Fire Warrior?

>Fist for Sisters

Well fuck, I'm on board. And does anyone have a link for the list builder?

Thousand Sons are a unique army. Making them more like a normal warband doesnt help at all. What they actually needed was a unit redesign and for their formation not to be ruined by the number 9. Too bad though cause GW writers are hack and favour their own armies.

Grain of salt rumors.

Also includes a fast attack and 2 elites for 30k.

Lore question:

Do Chaos monotheists exist? I know there are people that worship just one Ruinous Power, but are there any that outright deny the existence of the others?

I dunno why, but I'd never thought about it before, and I kinda like the idea of some backwater planet embroiled in a succession of holy wars over whether Lord Khorne of Tzeentch Most High is the one true god.

I've been waiting for Fires of Cyraxus for an absolutely painful length of time. So long I've burned out even frustrated anticipation and will probably feel nothing but cold and unfulfilled when it's finally in my hands.

>Fast attack

Pls be Arlatax model pls be Arlatax model.

It isnt, it'll be some variant of Secutarii

No. No one has the link.

Been getting into warhammer the last couple years looking to start a tabletop army, I'm wanting to play orks mostly looking on tips on what to get (were to get) maybe some strats to help someone new to get acclimated. I remember some people saying to focus on getting a squad of bikers and ive read on getting between like 30-60 boyz. Also really loving the Stompas especially since ive been reading the Sanctus Reach books.

That's still only 1.5 average Warp Charge per Rubric Marines unit, which is 100 points per Warp Charge.

Sure, it gets better with IC psykers, but you can only take so many of those before you start running into issues with having enough boots on the ground.

This only happens on your turn, so it does nothing for trying to shut out the other guys psychic phase.

The current rules leave all Tzeentch CSM stuck in shitsville, and there's no reason not to have rules that offer some benefits for non-Rubric marines. Thousand Sons use allied Tzeentch warbands in the fluff.

orks are a melee focused army so you're gonna wanna get lots of nobs and grots. you're welcome.

>orks are a melee focused army
>I2

I actually GMed a Dark Heresy game that featured Space Valkyries for quite some time before I quietly realized they
>aren't airtight
>fly by way of fucking jet engines

Luckily the group I was running the game for wasn't as acquainted with 40k lore as me so I quietly made up some variant of the craft that was void-capable and nobody cared. But no, the Valkyries as you know it couldn't even get to space, let alone fly there.

many flyers in 40k are able to operate in the void

the tyranids' too for some reason
the only ones I can't remember being able to are the recent tau ones

Any rough idea on how many nobs and snots ill need? I'm hopefully gonna start with a 500 point army and then try to move up to 1000 points as i get more acclimated

I heard even raptors can fly in space

To the user making PDFs out of 1d4chan's fandexes:

When you get to Tyranids, just fucking leave out the Cruddace Instinctive Behavior chart & use an older, better, simpler one instead.

I'd suck dick for a decent Nid book.

Ogryns are fun! FUN!

Aegis of Fate is silly. Channeling slows the game down. One idea I'm thinking of is redoing Blessing of Tzeentch as follows:
>Legacy of the Rubric: Models with Veterans of the Long War have Fearless. Non-Character models with Veterans of the Long War have Slow and Purposeful, UNLESS they already had Relentless. ("Second-hand Rubrics").
>Blessing of Tzeentch: May alter the results of Perils as well as Psychic disciplines learned by +-1. (Don't ever get stuck with Siphon Magic on a ML 1 Sorcerer again!)

Make the Grand Coven's bonus:
>Mastery of Arcane Knowledge: When attempting to manifest a Psychic power, after spending at least one Warp Charge on the power, you get an additional "free" Warp Charge to use on that power.

Replace Oracular Guidance on the War Cabal with: "Psychic Contagion:" When a friendly Thousand Sons Psyker successfully manifests a blessing on a unit from this formation and the opponent fails to Deny the Witch, you may automatically apply this blessing to another unit from this formation within 6".

>Re-do the unit compositions in general. Add clauses preventing Transports, add more unit variety.

Make the Warband an Auxiliary Choice.

I...actually have a largish initial homebrew I had been working on for 1k sons, that also added/redid certain formations:

Spireguard Besiegers, redid the Warherd to the Metamorphic Mob, etc.

If i want to play as autheistic chaos warband i need to read traitors hate and angel blade?

Meant for to be a response to btw.

Should there be a 40k homebrew General by the way, considering how "how to fix Sisters, Thousand Sons, Tyranids, Orks" are all things? /hbrew40kg/ or so?

>tfw you play Eldar and know your army will never need to be home brewed to be good

id totally use tg homebrew fixes for all factions, also chaos sisters of battle please

Blood for the blood god! Bon only once per month

i too would and have sucked dick for trivial things but the xeno threads are over in

Inquisition superfriends hyper-fluffy list.
The deathwatch form a furor kill-team

The inquisition warband acolytes are a couple of stormtroopers, a sister of battle, a PDF captain, and some mystics that I haven't though of any fluff for.
Next I just need to figure out what kits I need to model everyone from.

Nobs are total shit, get meganobz instead.

Boyz and grots are useless at doing things themselves but are very useful as meat shields to hide other units behind and deny overwatch.
gets several squads of them, take as many as you wish but don't bother with upgrades (other than maybe a big choppa for the nob so he can smash up rear armour) like armour, transports or special weapons but ALWAYS get a nob leader for the boyz.

Tank bustas, mega nobz, lootas, bikers, mek gunz, trukks, dakka jets and battlewagons are all good units.
Some other units are not that good but usable but regular Nob squads are just beyond terrible.

> PDF captain
But its jpg

im not sure that is a legal list, why two mystics? crusaders are good for assault inquisition henchmen

I don't like crusaders, they're not very good in close combat and they cost as much as a death-cult assassin that can wound easier and hits at a higher initiative

Why not just use the old Inquisition warband?

Orks are in a bad spot right now but if your play group is casual as fuck you might succeed on having fun.

talonsalight.blogspot.fi/2016/11/november-19th-elliscon-tournament-first.html
Here's a list that won some tournament if you want to play hard ball.

>falling for obvious bait
come on now

Aegis of Fate is intended to make MoTz actually worthwhile for all the CSM units that don't already have an invuln.

Channeling adds like thirty seconds tops per friendly psychic phase, and I could see just making it a static 4+ to make it even faster. WHFB had Channelling and it wasn't an issue.

I've never seen a canon example of second hand rubrics. Source me, senpai.

>no transports
Holy fuck, what?

This canned response never gets old.

they arent for damage moron they are there to sit up front and make those 3++ saves so your death cult assassins can make it to combat

@ Crusaders and 4 DCA are great though senpai

Shit 2, not @

Is this a list that can give and take a fisting?

>Terminators
LOL

>no power fists, not even on the Dread
It can't give one.

perhaps you should play a few games on tts or vassal before you commit to an army

We're going to be starting a league at my shop next month and I'm trying to solidify my list. I'm thinking of the following currently:

Eldar CAD
>Farseer - Singing Spear
>Farseer - Singing Spear
>20x Guardians - 2x Starcannon
>20x Guardians - 2x Starcannon
>7x Warp Spiders - Exarch
>Wraithknight - Glaive and Shield

Corpse Thief Claw
>5x Talos

notwarlocksonjetbikes/10

>Craftworlds
>CTC
Why bother? Just bring more Spiders. The Claw is a meme for pure DE players to put something tanky in their list but you already have the WK for that.

>Reading is difficult

Mostly because I don't want to buy more Spiders and I already own the CTC.

My store takes forever to get Direct Order stuff in.

>thinking I didn't notice the barebones Termie squad
They can't not have fists so they don't count. He didn't put a single fist on anything that could take it, and the Dread swapped out both of its fists.
Would not fist/10

Not worth running in the ITC environment which is the ruleset we use.

it's really more of a modelling project, I'm gonna scratchbuild the warband.

Getting back into 40k after a very long hiatus. Please r8 my list

>I only know memes
Jetcouncil is shit in 7th.

Are Devilfish worth taking? They're over 100 points with disruption pods for that 3+ jink, but they don't seem to have much else going for them

It stacks with other blessings, Skyshield Landing Pads, Armored Crates, etc (stupidest example: Allying in Orks and a KFF Mek. It works on enemies!). It's more niche, but it is what it is. Being able to adjust rolls to see what powers you know by +-1 would help too, and optionally, that +-1 roll could also apply to Mysterious Objectives, Armored Crates, etc. Just as planned.

Pulling from 1d4chan but I could have seen it on lexicanum either; ymmv:
>Since the Rubric of Ahriman, the Thousand Sons have lost many of the Rubric Marines, but they still manage to keep their numbers at near thousand. Two main theories that they either perform the scaled-down version of Rubric on other marines, or reanimate fallen ones by pulling their souls out of Warp and putting them into repaired/new sets of armour (The latter theory has been confirmed by Phil Kelly, but he also mentioned that the Black Legion uses the former version to make their own Rubric Marines).

That's what I mean by second-hand. Either "repaired/reserviced", or "knockoff Rubrics"; one could flesh out (ha!) the fluff for these fleshless automatons of course.

The "No Transports" is mostly because I would be interested in adding Rhinos to the Legion Armory auxiliary, and it simplifies "weird interactions" from formations/odd side effects (like Genestealer Cultists taking the Demolition Claw only so they could get Infiltrating Tank Hunter Goliaths, etc).

Not really. The 12/12/10 and Skimmer type sounds good compared to the Chimera, until you realize a Wave Serpent is only like 20 points more, has better guns, is Fast, and has a retardedly good bit of wargear in the Serpent Shield.

Deathwatch kill team stuff: should i bother with anything but spamming frag cannons? Do I make kill teams with bikers and footslogers in the same group?

pls help me build these, i have way too many options.

What formation are you building?

>200pts
>formation

I misread, I dunno bout that, good luck.

Raven Guard: Talon Strike Force
2000 pts

*Pinion Battle Demi-Company*

Captain (1) - 210pts
1 Chapter Master: Jump pack, Digital,Artificer Armour, weapons, Swiftstrike and Murder

1 Tactical Marine: Meltagun

Drop pod (1) - 35pts
1 Drop pod: Stormbolter

Drop pod (1) - 35pts

Drop pod (1) - 35pts

Assault Squad (9) - 126pts

Devastator Squad (5) - 135pts Armorium cherub
4 Space Marine: Missile launcher

Scout Squad (5) - 59pts
4 Scout: Sniper rifle

*Shadowstrike Kill Team*

Scout Squad (5) - 65pts Camo cloak

Scout Squad (5) - 65pts Camo cloak

Vanguard Veteran Squad (5) - 155pts
3 Veteran: Bolt pistol,Power weapon,JumpPack
1 Veteran: Power fist,Storm shield,JumpPack

Vanguard Veteran Squad (5) - 155pts
3 Veteran: Bolt pistol,Power weapon,JumpPack
1 Veteran: Power fist,Storm shield,JumpPack

*Raptor Wing*

Land Speeder Squadron (1) - 45pts
1 Land Speeder

Stormtalon Gunship (1) - 115pts
1 Stormtalon Gunship: Skyhammer missile launcher

Stormtalon Gunship (1) - 115pts
1 Stormtalon Gunship: Skyhammer missile launcher

*Skyhammer Orbital Strike Force*

Tactical Squad (5) - 85pts
1 Tactical Marine: Plasma gun

Drop pod (1) - 35pts

Drop pod (1) - 35pts

Drop pod (1) - 35pts

Land Speeder Squadron (1) - 50pts
1 Land Speeder: 2 Heavy bolters

>plz help idk what I'm doing with Raven Guard

>idk what I'm doing with Raven Guard
BEAKIES! BEAKIES EVERYWHERE.

poster here.

Kill team formation compositions. I have the battleforce. I might ally them with some inquisition further down the line. I wanted advice on how to model up the minis I have for wargear, etc.

>thinkin he's posting about Kill Team when he's not in the Kill Team thread
Muckin' about

Generally, no. The main reason you would want them would be to deliver Breachers, and that's mostly if you're running a Hunter Cadre. The FAQ lets the Breachers shoot as normal even if the Devilfish jinks.

Problem being most Tau armies focus heavily on suits, with the Riptide Wing and Rapid Insertion Force being popular and the Optimized Stealth Cadre having a cool gimmick versus "heavy armor" armies, that falters against stuff like Decurions/Warpspider spam.

well I have 55 beakies at the moment. but I'm not sure how well I can deal with heavy armour. 3 melta pods seem good, but I'm doubting if it will be enough

I would avoid anything that doesn't use special ammunition myself.

There's a dude who gave all his guys Storm Bolters, motherfucker can't even use his magic bullets

Should I bother with infernus bolters? I figure I can model them to proxy for more frag cannons.

I was thinking a team with shotguns/frag cannons, a team with stalker bolters and normal bolters, and the third squad I don't know. Maybe more of the first. The CC options seem a bit underwhelming.

Yeah ive been looking lootas and trukks a lot too any priorities on what i should get first and why?

Whats wrong with orks right now, ive heard about tyranids being kinda bad right now but like ive said ive just started getting into tabletop

Phil Kelly is a yffer that doesn't know shit, and I'm extremely skeptical about unsourced claims about what a random GW author did or did not say. Is there a single canon example of a secondary rubric? Ahriman barely managed to almost cast his second rubric, and it was a massive clusterfuck.

If you're going to pretend that current MoTz is worthwhile because it will occasionally stack with other shit, there's not much point in trying to hear you out.

It's ironic that you complain that a couple seconds of Channeling would take too much time but then espouse a time consuming process of choosing to ad or subtract one from a whole bunch of rolls.

If you want to keep weird transport formation interactions to a minimum, word shit properly. Separating Dedicated Transports into a different slot is asinine.

Lootas are good because they have a ton of s7 ap4 shots.

Tankbustas pop vehicles, instant death T4 models and ignore space marine armour but they NEED to be in a transport of some kind.
Trukks are good but battlewagons are better.

You need some kind of squad you can rely on so I'd advise some kind of biking HQ with a bikers or a HQ on foot with some meganobz in a trukk.

Inquisition Chimera 2x HB with S6 Ap4 Heavy 3 are fun.