New Monopoly Tokens

Monopoly is letting the internet vote on new player tokens. You can vote as many times as you want. Thoughts?

This is hilariously awful.
I voted for the 7 classics+t-rex.

Camera, Rubber Duck, Monster Truck, Thumbs up, Helicopter, Bathtub, T-Rex, and Rollerskate

This is the official list

All other lists are invalid

There's a fucking hashtag. Imagine having to explain that to your grandparents. Voted for the classics.

I was tempted to swap some of the classic tokens out with more modern versions of the same, but ultimately decided against it and voted same as you, replacing the cat.

The wheel is an interesting inclusion though, almost like a nod to the old cannon.

MOTHERFUCKING PENGUIN

I voted for the boot, the cowboy boot on the second row, the flip flop on the third row, the boot on the fifth row, the trainer on the sixth row and the shoe on the sixth row. Mostly, I just want a version of Monopoly where everyone has to play as a fucking shoe and Hasbro regrets still having to publish Monopoly.

OFFICIAL PLAYER TOKEN POWER RANKINGS:

GOD TIER: bathtub, grammophone, time piece, yacht, wagon wheel, rolex, tortoise, sliced bread, rotary phone

GREAT TIER: retro phone, camera, jetski, duck, typewriter, vespa, sailboat

GOOD TIER: boot, pc, fish, fire, plane, motorcycle, lifesaver, old tv, t rex, surfboard, sunglasses

MEH TIER: cowboy hat, M building, bike, beach ball, M, horse, sandal, race car, bunny, penguin, car, monster truck, thumbs up, boot, trumpet, shoe, dress shoe, roller skate

SHIT TIER: emoji, bow tie, bunny slipper, hashtag, monopoly man, heart emoji, key, winking emoji, smiley, rooster

Tortoise, Hare, Rubber Duck, T-Rex, Penguin, Bike, Sailboat, Cowboy Hat, Key

Those are the only ones I'd be fine with. If they add fucking emoji shit I'll be butthurt and never play again.

All emoji's, the shoe, and the t-rex.

Make it so there are bitter family feuds as to who gets to be the t-rex and all the plebs who get jumped up emoticons.

>All emoji's
you are whats wrong with the world

what's wrong with emojis lol

I like the idea of T-rex but the token itself is actually kind of ugly.

Do people still play Monopoly? Or do they just buy a copy to keep on their shelf? It's basically a meme game at this point

Where the fuck is the artillery?
It's my fucking favourite, I always pick that.
Who the fuck decided that the weird ass cat is a classic?

Does ANYBODY actually LIKE playing Monopoly?

The only acceptable ones.

The internet voted to swap the iron out for the cat five years ago my dude

Also the howitzer was quietly axed a long time ago.

No, of course not

You didn't read the rest of his post, did you?

It's still a fun game to introduce people to houserules.
We buy houses on our turn, allow for companies (sharing properties for house building, sharing profits as you see fit), don't allow for auctioning properties, double the start bonus, allow for collecting when you land on start (not just on passing), game ends when somebody bankrupts.
Basicly, it becomes an introduction to cataning.

>thimble over battleship
>pocketwatch over most anything

You have chosen poorly.

I own a set with the howitzer and the iron. I realise I've played that set on my 7th birthsday, but it's a static game and it's been only 24 years.

it's nothing but bleeding out the competition. well, the game's name at least makes that perfectly clear, but they only people genuinely enjoying playing monopoly repeatedly are some shkreli-types.

I fucking hate battleship. I will take a howitzer, though.

Meant for .

Generally, the more 1930's Atlantic City it looks, the closer it can get to achieving the master race status the originals carry.

Thats fucking bullshit. I vote for return of Iron and Artillery. The rest of your blinged up golden turds can fuck right off, especially the fucking Hashtag.

Top 5 = Motorcycle, Trumpet, Gramophone, Jetski, Indy Car
Worst 5 = Surfboard, Bowtie, Bathtub, Campfire, Bread
Extra Note = The hashtag and emojis are obviously groan-worthy and terrible by default.

And of course that was the original intent.

Grammophone is god.

Link?

I played last night. Won both times because the other players landed on my green monopoly which had all hotels ($1275,$1275,$1400 rent)

patrician taste

>t-Rex has proper ornithischian posture
>still no feathers

Eh/10

Pretty good, but you made a big mistake upgrading to hotels.

Going for houses cuts down on the houses your opponents can build. The game has 32 houses. You've built 12. That's leaving 20 for everyone else.

The extra money from the hotels doesn't matter as much as withholding the houses from your friends and family.

It's a nice set of pieces and board to use for nomic.

Greens? Awful payout.

Sure, the one person who wins.

Grammophone, Sailboat, Time Piece, Tortoise, Rotary Phone, Monk Straps, Bathtub.

HAHAHAHA I hope laugh-crying emoji wins, that's fucking amazing.

I voted for all shoes because it would be funny and emojis are shitty.

Only if they're a total sociopath.

underrated post