40k General - Warhammer 40,000 Discussion

Someone just link the new epub already edition

Old thread: >THIS IS THE LIST BUILDER. DON'T FUCKING ASK FOR IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library (soon the clowns will come back, with friends!)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

bolterandchainsword.com/smp.php
bolterandchainsword.com/csmp.php
bolterandchainsword.com/tsmp.php
bolterandchainsword.com/sctp.php
bolterandchainsword.com/sisterp.php
bolterandchainsword.com/igpbeta2.php
bolterandchainsword.com/smpbeta.php
bolterandchainsword.com/orkp.php
bolterandchainsword.com/fwp.php
dropbox.com/s/4kuybkm1vaexf52/ChapterGenerator-0.2.0.154.rar?dl=0
youtube.com/watch?v=d-LS7Vv1MzY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why isn't the new Lord of Change among the new stuff GW put on preorder for Tzeentch?

2nd for Guard best

Second for Guard, we'll stand forever!

Next week, and the week after.

Hey, what does everyone think of this star phantoms list? The captain is supposed to be zhrukal androcles but the list builder doesn't have him so I added random gear to a captain to make him the same price.
Also the dreadnought will be embarked in the stormraven.

is there an online army painter thing you can muck around with?

What army?

Great minds think alike, isnt that right fellow loyal guardsman?

Can someone possibly make up a cheat sheet of what I can shoot at different movement amounts for DEldar vehicles? The combination of being fast and skimmers is fucking me up, plus it changes depending on if it's the vehicle shooting or the guys on it. I always end up either losing movement I could take and shoot, or moving and have to lose shooting.

So I'm trying out the new Hoplites. I really like the models, though I know I oughta have 20, not 10. In due time.

Is this too much lightning? What's Admech's answer to a horde army anyway?
Don't say Peltasts

skitarii

I thinking about Sons of malice warband. How to paint them and what roster must looks like?

Then no, sorry.

So, how badly would this get spanked in 1k?

what painters are there, anyway?

I have this dumb template that I made in MS paint. That's about all I've found. It's not great, but it worked for me.

SM, SM Scout, IG, Eldar, CSM, and maybe one more.

Space Marine Painter

Chaos Space Marine Painter

Terminator

Scouts

Sisters of Battle

Imperial Guard Painter

Orks

Fire Warrior

I think you could swap the boltguns on the sergeants out for pistols so you've got something you can fire before assaulting, should it come to that.

Beyond that it looks fun, although I've been out of it for a while so I can't comment on effectiveness.

Ave_Maria/10

> Captain taking a Thunder Hammer + I1 Axe
Bruh, just take Lightning Claws instead of the Thunder Hammer, it'll still give you the +1 attack, but now you have the points to take Artificer Armour on your Captain. Artificer Armour is practically mandatory for your captain so he isn't a free kill-point for challenge characters.

Where links?

Seriously, where is that Fall of Cadia? Searched the previous threads, there was nothing expect someone constantly posting space sharks book as a joke when anyone asked about it.

Any input on what I could change is appreciated.

My great mind is weeping because half my army is unpainted but it's the same size as my grey knight friend's whole army.

No daemons and marks. Probably no cultists too. No god related units and no raptors and dark apostles. Oh, and no daemon engines. So just a shitty CSM list.

>Space Marine Painter

>Space Marine Painter w/ Beta Wargear
bolterandchainsword.com/smpbeta.php

>Chaos Space Marine Painter

>Terminator

>Scouts

>Sisters of Battle

>Imperial Guard Painter

>Orks
bolterandchainsword.com/orkp.php

>Fire Warrior
bolterandchainsword.com/fwp.php

Realized I was posting a reply in the dead thread
Fall of Cadia rules (pdf)
Stop fucking asking already
No we do not have an epub of the full book yet

I can understand all but
> no raptors
makes me cry. More reliable on venichles army? Like iron wariors but true atheistic

And mine is weeping becasue I cant paint for shit, and I should be doing highlights on my CCS now but Im shitposting.

time for another day of cleaning ork bits

what is everyone working on?

No marks of any of the gods, no god specific units, if you take Daemons, paint them in Malal's scheme and say they're bound Daemons, as Malal's followeres were oft to do, remember that your primary enemy are CSM, everyone else is secondary. No Cultists, maybe.

You're going to want to prime white, not black. Quarter off the sections that are going to be black with tamiya 2mm masking tape or carefully pencil if you don't have any/don't feel like buying it for some reason.

I still don't like it.

Hey, PDF is thousands of times better.

Epub is garbage tier

Guard should get a mobile suit type unit

y/n?

Raptors are the guys who like to go so fast they gave into chaos. Plus they are a Night Lords thing, but Sons of Malice might like Night lords because they arent really into the whole chaos stuff.

That good or a montage of marines getting killed?

n

I'm converting Plastic Ahriman into a Chief Librarian for my dudes. I just recently finished filling in/out all of his Ksons Iconography, and now he's somewhere else waiting for his primer to dry so I can paint him.

I like this plan, but how ill show hate to csm and daemons?
And maybe paint some of marines in Alpha legion colours?

No thanks, all suits are GHEY.

Couldn't you just nab a tau suit, slap a leman russ paint coat and gun on there and call it a stand-in-as?

n

Paint up a knight.

They have one.

>He fell for the liquid green stuff scam

Nope, we already have Sentinels.

There's also this one that lets you do this. I've uploaded it to dropbox in a .rar but if you don't trust me it's called Chapter Generator and it's made by Russians but it's pretty hard to find.

It can do Razorbacks and Dreadnoughts and shit too.

What's wrong with it?

Thats actually pretty good, Alphas are also not the biggest fans of the big four. As for hatred of daemons and csm, maybe some CSM helmets on spikes and make the daemons have visible wounds?

What's wrong with liquid green stuff?

>Raptors user is at it again
hoo boy

dropbox.com/s/4kuybkm1vaexf52/ChapterGenerator-0.2.0.154.rar?dl=0

Forgot link

No. But I think they should have two things. Taurox should have been open topped so you could have shotgun vets assault out of it. Same with ogryn and bullgryn. Then they should make assault sentinels.

Against other marines it would do just fine.

Against a Tau gunline you will get raped.

Sons of Malice hate all CSM, doesn't matter if said CSM hate Chaos as well, they'll still try and kill and eat them. Nothing saying that SoM Raptors aren't just Malice-blessed or Warp-tainted.

I meant the bit as in the Sons of Malice primarily target CSM and Daemons over most other faction. Don't do some dudes in AL colors, as the Sons would just try and kill them, fluff-wise.

Iirc, there was a Fire Raptor in Sons of Malice colors in a FW book where the description had a confused bit saying that there were trophies of CSM rather than SM on it.

cadian shock troops, a leman russ vanquisher and a commissar that needs painted. i'm looking forward to painting the leman russ and the commissar but the shock troops are just monotony, even if they do look good when it's all done.

You have to eat all the eggs.

Ok.
I did figure that the real lack of long range would bite me in the rear when it came to more shooty armies.

Came by ownership of am unassembled this thing.

Don't play AoS, don't like the faction so don't want to just build and paint the fucker.

Anything interesting I can do with the parts?

Doing highlights of my CCS, and fixinf all the mistakes I made while painting them. Waiting for my 2 boxes of Cadians and 3 chimeras.

> Raptors user is at it again
Wut.

n
Sentinels
Allied Knights

>tfw you have no idea about colour theory

i've fucked up here, lads.

heresy stuff

I used one to make a kit bashed Vaylund Cal for my Iron Hands counts as army.

please user this isn't a time for being upset

don't know how big the model is but i'm sure that trumpet would be put to good use in IG regiments.

>Iirc, there was a Fire Raptor in Sons of Malice colors in a FW book where the description had a confused bit saying that there were trophies of CSM rather than SM on it.

I remember this. I think it's the most recent reference to Malal, actually.

Daemons can be wounded? I thought they just return to warp and bodies made by warp

As I said in the previous thread(apparently it is autosaging already), you can cut the vet sergeants from the ranged squads and give them grav gun + grav cannon instead of lascannons, drop pod them in. You'll get extra reach this way.

Use a fucking colour wheel, know your neutral colours, job done. It's not hard.

What have you done, user?

He's like a pinky width taller than a space marine.

Stormcasts are bigger than Terminators.

No

hmmm... clip the arm off and have a massive fuckin trumpet mounted on a tank, so that you can announce your presence the the enemy through music.

Ok, maybe not wounds but like wards and things to make them bound? Those things that the daemon hosts have.

What's so bad about Liquid Greenstuff?

Nigga did you even read the text along with this? I added random gear to a captain to make him cost the same as Zhrukhal Androcles because the list builder doesn't have him.

they are pretty similar in size I find, maybe a little taller, but their proportions are different. They have thinner legs and bulkier torsos. They look like extra big dudes rather than dudes in a lot of armor

Iirc there was old fluff where the Sons of Malice bound Daemons to fight for them, using Malice's power and corrupted them into pseudo-daemons of Malice by warp-torturing them or something like that. I know I read something like that somewhere.

Ah, I may have missed that.
Sorry about that.
I can do that change.

I've been out a while so I'm trying to get back into it.

Would it be worth making one of the melee squads into a large shooting one so it can provide some mid-range support as it moves up with them or should I remain all in with the melee config?

I figured that multiple, smaller unites would be better than trying to blobs of 20.

Nothing, yet. I have a couple weeks before the stuff I ebayed turns up. But it hit me that I have no artistic experience, at all.

Sounds like good source
I need many chains...

it dries when it contracts, requiring multiple passes

it you don't use it right (with water) the surface will end up very rough

a lot of anons don't know that it needs to be filed down and smoothed like anything else

they can be wounded in the same way you can wound a puddle of slime. it's not really doing anything, but it looks like it's doing something. And because daemons act like people think they're going to act because of warp physiology, they die when you shoot them because you think they'll die when you shoot them. I think. It's all a lot of heresy.

I legitimacy think that the Devastator Assault Marine formation would be a good addition instead of the 17 Devs and maybe a Cent Squad if you need the points

Stick to an established theme, then. Pick one you like.

Also, I just realized that I had no real reason to shove a sword brethren in those squads like you said.

Are the days of fist sergeants done due to the advent of challenges?

Nothing bad, it just fails to act as people expect it to.
Rather than act as easy spackle for small gaps it's pretty much just paint on primer.

Sounds like warp work this way. But why daemons not defeated by SoB and SMs? I mean, some of them in warp and fight

Rate me

needs a warboss/10

WITNESSED. MAY YA RIDE ETURNUL, SHINY AN' KROME

Not him, but I find Liquid green stuff simply inferior to the real thing. For one, it can only really be used for minor gap filling, and even then it has a tendency to shrink as it cures so you often need to do multiple applications to a joint. Further,the best way to hide a joint is often no a smooth finish, but with a little sculpting, like a little bit of fur over a gap or something. LGS is useless for this. GS, unlike LGS, is also useful for major gap filling due to radically changing a model pose, or mounting magnets in a cavity, or something similar. LGS is useless for this. There's a multitude of other things GS does that LGS cannot and nothing the other way around. And even the gap filling LGS was designed for it's kinda sucky at.

Basically LGS was created as a stopgap by GW so they could point customers at something to deal with all the bubbles and shitty casting in their early finecast. At this point that use case is basically gone and people should stop using it. Learn how to use real green stuff. It's ten times more useful and opens up the possibility of way more conversion work.

I've had decent results with fist sergeants as Word Bearers(so far at least), but we're talking a guy with T5 and Hatred. Loyalist fist sergeants are pretty meh for the reason you described.

Power Fists in general are something to be wary of because of the difficulty in reaching close combat against many lists. On the flip side, they can be a lifesaver against walkers and superheavies after the FAQ declared you can only use one grenade per unit per phase.

Liquid green stuff is not green stuff, the name is a misnomer.

It shrinks, it needs more layers. I just fixed Magnus hairline with it and then used a sculpting tool to remove the excess, looks great now.
All spackle shrinks

So how the fuck do I use green stuff? I need to join a space marine melta to a lower half of my grenade launcher so my guardsmen can use it.

DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH
youtube.com/watch?v=d-LS7Vv1MzY