How much do you need to retire at 30?

I am getting pretty close to a point where I feel safe never having to work again. $1,500,000 net worth (feels good man)

How much do you think I need to retire and just live a normal life? Travel a little, have a nice place to live, decent car, nothing fancy.

Is this website accurate: firecalc.com/

5 Million, and I only say that because yields are so low for bonds/equity.

1.5kk is about how much i would need retire. although i live in a less expensive country and bonds pay at least 10% here. so i guess it depends on the standard of living you want and how much ROI you can get yearly

only 1 mil as long as its in BTC and not cuckbonds/betastocks/virginbank

$1,500,000 isn't enough unless you want to live as a NEET.

Show your work.

Depends. How long do you think you'll live? Do you want to have the best health insurance? What's your lifestyle? Etc. etc.

who the fuck writes kk instead of M

That's not enough, retire at 40 or you'll get bored and kill yourself

g2Mh would you ever invest in a startup ?

Expect to live to around 80.
My current health insurance is like $30 per month because I am not Americuck.

Lifestyle is pretty simple. I have a nice flat in a nice city. Don't really like fine dining, or fancy cars. I don't shop for anything flashy really. I do like to have some quality things, like a nice computer, nice guitar. But that stuff isn't expensive anyway.

Safe withdrawal rate is usually stated as 4% (i.e. once your annual spending is 4% of your portfolio size, you can retire), but for really early retirements (that should last longer than 30 years) you need to decrease it a little to like 3.5%.

Plus we don't know if the economy will do as well in the future as it did in the past, and a lot of signs point to no, so personally I use an SWR of 3%.

I'm not sure how expensive it is to live in the U.S., but I'd guess you could get the lifestyle you want for about $30k per year. In that case, you'd need $1,000,000, so your $1,500,000 target should be enough. Needs to be invested in something like 75% stocks / 25% bonds though.

This. I would personally not use more than 3% either. Would you say bond allocation is really necessary if you are young and only withdraw 1-3%?

but why would you want to completely retire at 30 anyway?

$300k at 10%/year and I'd have an upper class income in my country, but for a neet lifestyle at home I'd be comfy with $100k.

Not an expert on bonds vs. stock allocation, but 75% / 25% or 60% / 40% is the common recommendation. Seems like the extra volatility of 100% stocks increases your chances of a big crash fucking you over and making you run out of money too soon (I guess if you're hit with a big crash shortly after you start retirement, you withdraw a big percentage of your portfolio in year 2 or 3, and that means it doesn't grow as much in later years). It should be fine if your portfolio is much bigger than you need it to be, though.

How do you have so much money?

If your "net worth" is tied up in Crypto you'll never be able to cash out then consider suicide

Pretty sure most itt are young and still are full of hope. $2 milli would be enough for us easily.

Yeah I think that is the idea, but after crypto i guess no volatility will ever scare me again

this

About 30% is in crypto and I could liquidate it by Monday if I wanted to.

Depends where you live.

1.5M, i would be a fucking king.

kind of wanna know how it would feel to do absolutely fuck all for weeks on end

Can somebody please explain to me how I am missing the point on all of this stuff?

My money manager (you have a money manager, don't you, Veeky Forums?) averages me about 13% yearly ROI on my $800 egg.

Let's even round that down to 10% for ease of math. You're telling me that you don't think that you could live off of fucking $150k/yr passive!?

You could unironically buy a nice, french sailing yacht (an amel, brand fucking new) for that much money and retire to the south pacific.

$1.5M is absolutely in the realm of *fuck you* money.

Give that money to a *good* non-meme money manager. Let it compound for 10 years until you hit your mid 30s, buy a yacht, and fucking literally sail off into the sunset.

And get fucked in the asshole by Neptune with no lube? No thanks

Start putting down payments on multi unit properties faggot if youre not larping, this should be everyones exit plan

better yet, board the Ark

>get shipwrecked in southern pacific
>eaten by cannibals

yeah sounds real nice user

>My money manager (you have a money manager, don't you, Veeky Forums?) averages me about 13% yearly ROI on my $800 egg.

Sorry, in case it wasn't obvious I meant $800k.

>yeah sounds real nice user

Shill them shitcoins. Become their god. Get them to pump for you.

This is why you're poor.

Let me guess, you have only started investing during this bull market?

You live off 3-4% unless you want to go broke

Literally 1 million. My father will not have earned more that 1 million from his job in life yet he owned a house/ cars/ brought up 2 kids. And that’s with a spender mother.

>ignore the fact that I was criticizing your retarded plan to live on a yacht in the pacific for your entire life
>attack me for something I didn't do
>profit?

you may hate shit coins, but at least coiners won't be cannibal shit like yourself (and no this doesn't mean I endorse coins)

Who manages your money with 13% every year? Lol

I know, I know, I am a wagecuck of the highest order.

That said, I don't want to fully retire. I am closing on being able to, but I would reduce hours and travel more, but that's it. I kinda like my job and due to being a socially inept assburger, my workplace gives me a social network I would miss otherwise. I even have acquired GF there.

What would I do in year three of not working? fap to pron the whole day?

13% every year is impossible. Be careful

Your dad doesn't earn 50k a year?

>13% every year is impossible. Be careful

Average. Obviously there are up and down trends.

/posted from my 2017 amel 55 currently moored off the cost of marquesas

fantastic larp

ITT things that never happened

inflation tho

At 30 you are going to need 6 million plus.

Retire right now, just keep most of it in crypto, and cash out as needed. Your money will just keep growing.

The homeless live on 30k a year in America

lol no they don't

more like $5,000 per year

Explain.

I have 1 BTC in crypto.

How the fuck am I supposed to keep most of it in crypto and cash out at the same time? 0.5 btc seems a shit compared to 1.

Also why the fuck would I cash out if this shit is going to 25k-100k?

>13% yearly ROI
sounds like a scam, or maybe he is investing all your money in crypto without you knowing. He makes like 100% return a month and gives you like 1.1% of that.