Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What's the last time you gave the rousing speech before a battle? Did it result in glorious victory, tactical retreat, or crushing defeat?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing
Spheres of Might preview: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/

Old Thread:

Reminder for anyone with an inkling for running games:

Now is a great time for planning things! A ton of people are about to be rejected from 3 different games this month! This month alone!

There will be so many sad anons who wish to join a game. Don't let them down! I know I will, I'm a shit GM. So it's up to you!

>tfw i will be running 5 games soon
i should stop but i can never find a game that interests me to play in

I'm almost tempted to find two or three other people from here to play in a game based off Warcraft 3's campaigns taking place in Azeroth, to add to a party I already have. I'm highly reluctant if only because I've had very bad experiences with people from /pfg/.

gotta do a vetting process, user
i've taken people from here but only after making sure they're not some filthy ERP fuck

It's less ERP fuck, and more hyperoptimizer and /pol/ trash.

ah
yeah unfortunately one guy in my group is /pol/ come to life, but he didn't come from here.

i want to get rid of him

Yeah, I know the feeling. I'm pretty right-wing myself, but not every game needs to be about how the blacks are a small fraction of the country but commit the majority of crime.

well, for me, it's because my wife is jewish and i'm tired of hearing him make "THOSE EVIL JEWS" analogies every game / filling the skype chat with his stupid triple parentheses shit.

Just turn it around on him to fuck with him. Use triple brackets whenever you type [[[his name]]] and talk about how secret nazis are trying to rule the world economy.

Don't be an ass, dude.

Looks like this thread got BTFO. Kobolds ain't so bad afterall

You'll be coming to this thread when it dies! I'll show you! We'll all show you!

Any news on Starfinder? I like some of the stuff they mentioned for it.

Fuck, I don't even know, but I want there to be Space Rapist Ogres in Starfinder. Shit would be so cash.

Starfinder is virtually guaranteed to be better than D20 Future was. That alone makes it worth a look, even if it turns out you're ultimately better off sticking with some other system.

>secret nazis

Heut' ist mein Tag!

What monster class do you want to see DSP publish next?

I want the aranea.

>d20 Future

The whole d20 Modern line was fucked from the moment they never put any cohesive branding on it that wasn't "d20".

I'm actually kind of sad in retrospect, because they did a lot of interesting stuff with the setting and blending D&D stuff with modern stuff once you got past the bland-as-fuck base classes.

They should have branded it with the Urban Arcana stuff from the get-go, you know?

Future Glimpse, from time kinetic element. Is it only your rolls? any rolls?

I am considering running a Fate/Stay Night PvP game with homebrewer material to bridge the gap for Noble Phantasm design and some other stuff. The gereal idea is likely being a Heroic Spirit will work like Unchained Mythic rules. The Seven Archetypes will be seven mythic paths and Noble Phantasm design will be part of being a mythic character.

Hopefully it'll work out.

As well I will likely be finishing up the races this week for the Corkheel Revolution. I need to do setting writing since the game is set in a world roughly in 1860s technology. So a lot of price fixing, 'technological' items and more need to be stated out. Also possibly redoing firearm rules.

Reconsider, pvp is never a good idea.

I have done it several times in the past and had a great time. The main this is the gauge the temper of players as to whether they will not take losing well.

Dying in a game sucks, sure.

But the real issue is that the first few men to die are gonna cut their losses and fuck off while the 4 remaining players assemble fort knox and nothing happens, so the 3 dead men will leave the game.

That's sort of the point. Once you die you're generally out of the game. No need to come to sessions once both you and your summoner die. However forcing players out of their forts is a big part of running a PvP game. Forcing conflict in general is important. It's about how you run it.

So is the Psionics Augmented: Occult playtest going to be updated at all? Getting to be around a year since we had anything added.

Something not overpowered. I would have liked it if the product line was about progressing monster races at PC strength.

How do I get my group to stop hating Path of War?

Did they hate with or without trying it?

I've played it a couple of times, and my group has varying degrees of dislike. One of them likes the idea but dislikes the execution (and is eager for Spheres of Might, as he loves Spheres of Power), one doesn't care much for it as he prefers casters anyway, and one hates it to the point that he hates anything else made by DSP by association.

If they already tried it then I fear it is too late. Its one thing to dislike something without trying it. If they gave it the time of day and it didnt tickle their fancy it just isnt happening.